• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] SideApps - App launcher for Android TV

Search This thread

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net

Attachments

• SideApps.png
    SideApps.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Update 1.4
  • You can see the information of an application by long clicking on it.
  • You can hide an application by long clicking on it.
  • You can delete an application from the list of recent applications by long clicking on it.
  • You can select not to see hidden applications. You can protect this selection with a PIN.
  • Bug fixes and minor improvements.

brentonv

Aug 7, 2018
This is fantastic and really useful. I thought there would have been a discussion thread about this? I just wanted say thanks and also ask why the icons went from normal size in v1.3.9 to super magnified in v1.4, will there be a way to change this? Also I can't seem to navigate the new app information options very well, there are no highlight changes in the menu when you move up and down. The screenshot looks very different

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
This is fantastic and really useful. I thought there would have been a discussion thread about this? I just wanted say thanks and also ask why the icons went from normal size in v1.3.9 to super magnified in v1.4, will there be a way to change this? Also I can't seem to navigate the new app information options very well, there are no highlight changes in the menu when you move up and down. The screenshot looks very different
Honestly, I don't remember what the size of the icons were in version 1.3.9 :)
If there's a popular request I could add an option to choose the size.

Can you add a screenshot with how the context menu looks in your device? What version of Android TV are you using?

brentonv

Aug 7, 2018
@easyjoin after some more testing I found that App Launcher v1.4 works fine and displays the same as your screenshot. :)

There seems to be a glitch that occurs when launching the app after install, confirmed on multiple devices with both versions, which I had mistaken as "super magnified" icon changes in the v1.4 update.

Regards,

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Well that makes sense then, and I found after testing that it's not an issue once you re-launch it.
Thanks again for such a great app !!!

Now that it's clear what the problem is, I can try to find a workaround.

Fun fact: there is a one star review on Play store of someone who complained about the size of the icons. If he had contacted me, via email or here, as you did, giving me the chance to get more information about it I could have tried to find a solution long ago. Unfortunately, many people don't know that the Play Store, as it is structured, can't be used to analyze bugs and the best thing is, after leaving the review, to contact the developer by email.