[APP] Signapktic: Onboard apk & zip signing, now with GUI

Search This thread

Fnorder

Nov 8, 2008
Lake Vostok
This app lets one (re)sign update.zips and application.apks from the phone itself - no development environment or computer needed.

Signapktic is a collaboration between Stericson and I; He wrote a frontend to utilize my commandline script. It's available on the market via market://details?id=com.stericson.signapktic

Currently there's a free version with evil ads cluttering up the screen, soon there will be a 99 cent ad-free version. =]

attachment.php

(Ad version shown, but they're broken because I cheat >.> )

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 14,354
Last edited:

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
:eek: Now this is one d*** useful tool. I love it, love you guys and love to donate as soon as you put up a donate version or link on here.

EDIT: DL'd from market, I'd rate 5 stars but since I'm having issues with the market not installing things I had to do it manually. Obviously I can't rate it but will do so when I fix the issue and buy the donate version when it comes.

Last edited:

smoochiezz24

Apr 7, 2010
Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
Wow!! This has been the app I've been waiting for since I've had android!! and that is surely no exaggeration! To be honest, I didn't even think it would be possible considering how complicated signing is on a pc. (For me atleast). This program makes it so easy and carefree. I have no complaints and I plan on donating. Maybe one request though? Some nice intergration with ninjamorph would be perfect. Allowing you to edit apk's with ninja and then also sign within the app with your new tool. Oohh how perfect that would be!!!

i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!

smoochiezz24

Apr 7, 2010
i agree, the only thing we need now is an app that patches those .9 pngs. one that auto patched them would be sick!
From my understanding, a .9 png is some sort of "stretched" image correct? What specific images are .9's? For instance, is the status bar background an instance of a .9 png?

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah, like the bottom of the pulldown and buttons and a lot of other stuff, everything with .9.png at the end. Something that had a database that checked the name and if out matched, auto patched accordingly would be awesome. (probly just dreaming here) Sometimes I just want to change the color of things but have never mastered the patch9tool or whatever its called. Its late right now for me.

notmike

Apr 9, 2010
This seems like a fantastic concept, my first attempt worked great on a simple memo widget, I opened up the apk with 7zip, found the image I was looking for, lowered the opacity in photoshop and replaced it within the apk, copied it to the phone and ran signapktic on it, it installed fine and the widget has it's transparency.

However this same technique didn't work the same for pandora, same exact process ends in Application not installed, tried multiple times. Will Pandora require extra steps or something?

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Tried on a zip, it opened fine. Said it signed it but did nothing. The terminal output nothing aswell.
It was signed before so that's no problem, I just added a few files to it.

Clearprop

Sep 14, 2010
A tutorial would be great. I am having a heck of a time trying to resign facebook.apk after editing some colors.

vigordesign

Aug 13, 2010
MA
What is the difference in options when you choose the key to sign with? There's 4 options and I'm not sure which one to pick for signing my widgetlocker mod. Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app lets one (re)sign update.zips and application.apks from the phone itself - no development environment or computer needed.

Signapktic is a collaboration between Stericson and I; He wrote a frontend to utilize my commandline script. It's available on the market via market://details?id=com.stericson.signapktic

Currently there's a free version with evil ads cluttering up the screen, soon there will be a 99 cent ad-free version. =]

attachment.php

(Ad version shown, but they're broken because I cheat >.> )
    Thanks for this! will write up for the portal soon :)
    You would probably use platform. That's what I have been using on most of my mods and it works.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    Tried ZipSigner2 from the market and it works well. Got my apk signed and working now :)