[APP] SMART UNLOCK - XDA version - Bypass lock security connected to trusted devices.

Search This thread

hazex

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2007
Hello;

We have been working in Smart Unlock app and we would like to share with the community.
Smart Unlock has been developed by KuRouZu and HaZeX.

scr.pngg

With Smart Unlock you can skip the lock security while connected to a trusted Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices. No slide, pin, pattern or facial recognition will be requested while connected to trusted devices. This app works on android 4.1+ and does not need root or any other software.
This app bypasses both the slide and the secure lock screen when enabled and connected to a trusted environment, meaning if you press the power button to wake the device, you're immediately shown your home screen.

We hope you can help us to find test our just released app in several diferent devices, and report any malfunction or bug if found.

A 7 days trial version of Smart Unlock can be found at google play, but after that time the app will ask to purchase the full version.
To avoid this issue and give a better app to the community, we have created a special version of Smart Unlock for XDA members. This XDA version is limited to 3 trusted devices , but you can use the app as long as you wish.

icon.png

Download Smart Unlock v1.6 XDA version - HERE - (max. 3 trusted devices) Last updated 5-August-2015

Download Smart Unlock v1.7 Beta XDA version - HERE - Last updated 7-September-2015. Changelog beta here.

Download Smart Unlock from Google Play - HERE - ( 7 days trial)
IMPORTANT!!!!!: Some issues found with Samsung Galaxy series with touchwiz. We are working to find a solution. Please do not leave bad reviews because of this. On google play we have excluded the app for download for those devices on Google play.

To Do list: (our next things to implemtent for near future)
- BLE (bluetooth low energy) We will try make the app compatible with smartbands and smartwatchs that uses BLE.
- Add NFC
- Try to solve the issues with samsung and/ create a samsung edition of the app.
- Manual lock button without "close and exit" app.

UPDATE!!: We have been working on a new app Smart Unlock Universal - Compatible with Samsung and with some other devices that were causing issues.
Please note that this version does not support Patter Lock, only PIN and Password
Works with android 4+ and 5.1+ BUT DO NOT WORK ON android 5.0 , 5.0.1 and 5.0.2
You can try it now, we would appreciate your feedback:
Download Smart Unlock v1.5.3 UNIVERSAL XDA version - HERE - Last update 3-June-2016.

FAQs:
- Can I use Slide to unlock when connected to trusted devices instead of no lockscreen?
No, we can only set Slide to Unlock in secure areas if we configure the PIN inside our app, exactly like similar apps do. We do not like this because you can not use lock pattern for example. We prefer to keep the app without slide to unlock at secure areas but in addition you can select pin/pattern and use system default settings.

- Can Smart Unlock work with Smartbands and SmartWatchs?
We are working on it. We may have a working apk soon.

- The application does not work with my bluetooth device
Maybe you have a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). This kind of bluetooth are not supported yet, although some models works, we are working on it. In the meanwhile you need a normal bluetooth device like Car audio, Parrot or any BT loudspeaker. The bluetooth device must be paired/connected to the phone os tablet.

- Sometimes the app stops working or/and has been closed.
Make sure your are not using any task killer or memory optimizer that stops apps in background. If you are using any of those apps, you can add smart unlock in their exceptions list.
Here you have some of the detected incompatible apps but there may be more:
- Clean Master
- ES Task Manager
- SONY Smart Connect
- Llama (profile manager)
- ACDisplay
- Snaplock Locker
- Gravity Screen Pro
- Airwatch

- Is this app compatible with my SAMSUNG device?
Sorry but we can not make the app to work with most SAMSUNG devices due to samsung modifications in the native android lockscreen keyguard.
But the app is working properly on Samsung Google Edition or with custom ROM like CyanogenMod.

- When NFC and Location features will be implemented?
We can not guarantee an exact date. Actually we are working on improving the stability of the application before continuing adding new features.

Hope you can help us with our testing. We are listening for suggestion.
Thanks for your time :)

IMPORTANT!!!!!: We can not make the app to work with most SAMSUNG phone because they have modified the lockscreen keyguard native in android. Only working properly on samsung google edition or with custom roms like cyanogen.

Note: This app has been developed by KuRouZu and HaZeX. Please feel free to contact us in a private message if we can help you in any way.

Last edited:

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
I've been using on an M8 with Skydragon Lollipop ROM with no issues. Will let you know how it goes over the next couple of days. Much appreciated as Lollipop's Smart Lock isn't quite as good as I'd like.

Hello, Thanks for your report. We created this app because the default android smart lock, as you pointed, isn´t as good as it seems at begginig. We have found Smart Unlock to be far more reliable for everyday use. Thanks for trying the app and we will appreciate any other feedback in the upcoming days.
For other XDA members: If you test our app please tell us the device model and if everything worked as it should. We need testing specially on Samsung , LG and Sony device models. Thanks!

Reactions: imilic and Sachy711

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
To bad BT unlocking won't work on Z2, I hope you'll find a way to fix it.

In a meanwhile if you want, I can catch logcat so you could see what's happening with a BT on Z2.

I'm quite sure that a problem is in Sony BT security mechanism, as you probably know, we have stock app for BT unlocking and that could be the problem...

Reactions: hazex

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
To bad BT unlocking won't work on Z2, I hope you'll find a way to fix it.

In a meanwhile if you want, I can catch logcat so you could see what's happening with a BT on Z2.

I'm quite sure that a problem is in Sony BT security mechanism, as you probably know, we have stock app for BT unlocking and that could be the problem...

Thanks for your offert about the logcat, we may need to send a special apk for this purpose. I have a Sony Tablet Z, I have tested the unlock with wifi and it was working fine but I have no tested with bluetooth, I will do it as soon as I get home.

I hate personalization layers from manufacturers >.< , its a pain for developers.

Thanks for your testing time.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Thanks for your offert about the logcat, we may need to send a special apk for this purpose. I have a Sony Tablet Z, I have tested the unlock with wifi and it was working fine but I have no tested with bluetooth, I will do it as soon as I get home.

I hate personalization layers from manufacturers >.< , its a pain for developers.

Thanks for your testing time.
Anytime...
Good luck with app I really hope you'll find a way to have all functions working on Xperia Z family...

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
I have been testing on Xperia Z tablet and is working as fine everythink. Probably is a Z2+ issue... I will try to solve it! Im working on it.

Reactions: imilic and BigJeff

sway40

Jul 11, 2009
Houston Tx
Seems to work on my n6, way better then stock, since trusted places doesn't work.

tappin from my Nexus 6

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
Hi, If you find any bug, please send us the exact device model and the steps to reproduce this bug.
Currently we have detected some issues only on Xperia Z2/3 using bluetooth and Galaxy Note 4. We are working in a debug apk and we will send it to anyone interested helping us to debug for the incompatible devices. We would like to support as many devices as posible. Thanks in advanced.

Aboody Zomar

Dec 29, 2013
AL Madinah
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Such a wonderful app, i like the material design and how simple to use it, and its working just fine on lg g3 custom rom 5.0

But the only thing i didn't like about it is the screen never locks up!! In Google smart unlock when u r connected to trusted device and wants to unlock the screen it takes u to the lockscreen and then u swipe to unlock or tap the locker to lock the device !!

I hope u give an option to do that , it will be perfect ☺☺

Reactions: brknglass

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
Such a wonderful app, i like the material design and how simple to use it, and its working just fine on lg g3 custom rom 5.0

But the only thing i didn't like about it is the screen never locks up!! In Google smart unlock when u r connected to trusted device and wants to unlock the screen it takes u to the lockscreen and then u swipe to unlock or tap the locker to lock the device !!

I hope u give an option to do that , it will be perfect ☺☺
Hello! THanks for trying Smart Unlock!

Showing a slide when connected to trusted devices is not possible for an app without root (at least as was as we know). We will investigate more deeply as we think this would be a great feature.
We appreciate you noticed the materials design, we have done more work on interface than we are used to. :cowboy:

Reactions: imilic

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
Hi, If you find any bug, please send us the exact device model and the steps to reproduce this bug.
Currently we have detected some issues only on Xperia Z2/3 using bluetooth and Galaxy Note 4. We are working in a debug apk and we will send it to anyone interested helping us to debug for the incompatible devices. We would like to support as many devices as posible. Thanks in advanced.

Hi again.
We have bought a Sony Z2 for testing. After some tests, Smart Connect is not what generates de issues (as we belived).
In sony Z2 with android 4.4 there is an option at settings "unlock with bluetooth devices" , Make sure this is disabled because this will create issues with Smart Unlock app and sony xperia models.
We have also to notice that SWR10 smartband es a BLW (bluetooth Low Energy) and this can also be responsible of the BT interruptions and the unlock request after switch on the device screen. This issue is generated for the BLE devices and we will try to find a workaround for this kind of devices.

Anyway, on Z2/Z3 and other sony models should work fine under wifi and/or normal BT devices (not BLE) as far as the native sony unlock solution in "settings>system>security" is disabled.

Hope this helps!

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
There is a new update on Google Play with some visual improvements on low resolutions and the problems with Z2 and Z3 are solved. We will keep on working on this app, hope you like it.
Regards

mooyaart

Dec 21, 2012
London
Just tried this on my S4, GPE 5.0 rom. Works great! Thank you.

Just wondering whether it would be possible to have the option of it not completely killing the keyguard? I kind of like it (as long as it's swipe to unlock at home).

hazex

Jul 20, 2007
Just tried this on my S4, GPE 5.0 rom. Works great! Thank you.

Just wondering whether it would be possible to have the option of it not completely killing the keyguard? I kind of like it (as long as it's swipe to unlock at home).

Hello, is not posible to keep the swipe to unlock only at home. We tried this but is not possible (as far as we know) without root. We will investigate deeply. Thanks for your suggestion.

Reactions: mooyaart

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Thanks for posting this, although unfortunately it does not seem to work with my phone.

OnePlus One on CM11S (44S) 4.4.4 with Pinlock using trusted WiFi.

When screen is on/unlocked, the icon shows "Device Unlocked," however when I hit the power button and on again, the pin screen comes up and I can see the Smart Unlock icon in the "locked" state until I enter my pin.

It does however work fine on my tablet using the same Wifi (Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on CM11 Nightly).

Last edited:

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
There was also mention of a potential debug build for troubleshooting? I'd be happy and willing to run this to collect some information if you are interested in making it work on the Oneplus One. I'd really love to have this functionality on my phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello;

We have been working in Smart Unlock app and we would like to share with the community.
    Smart Unlock has been developed by KuRouZu and HaZeX.

scr.pngg

With Smart Unlock you can skip the lock security while connected to a trusted Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices. No slide, pin, pattern or facial recognition will be requested while connected to trusted devices. This app works on android 4.1+ and does not need root or any other software.
    This app bypasses both the slide and the secure lock screen when enabled and connected to a trusted environment, meaning if you press the power button to wake the device, you're immediately shown your home screen.

We hope you can help us to find test our just released app in several diferent devices, and report any malfunction or bug if found.

A 7 days trial version of Smart Unlock can be found at google play, but after that time the app will ask to purchase the full version.
    To avoid this issue and give a better app to the community, we have created a special version of Smart Unlock for XDA members. This XDA version is limited to 3 trusted devices , but you can use the app as long as you wish.

icon.png

Download Smart Unlock v1.6 XDA version - HERE - (max. 3 trusted devices) Last updated 5-August-2015

Download Smart Unlock v1.7 Beta XDA version - HERE - Last updated 7-September-2015. Changelog beta here.

Download Smart Unlock from Google Play - HERE - ( 7 days trial)
    IMPORTANT!!!!!: Some issues found with Samsung Galaxy series with touchwiz. We are working to find a solution. Please do not leave bad reviews because of this. On google play we have excluded the app for download for those devices on Google play.

To Do list: (our next things to implemtent for near future)
    - BLE (bluetooth low energy) We will try make the app compatible with smartbands and smartwatchs that uses BLE.
    - Add NFC
    - Try to solve the issues with samsung and/ create a samsung edition of the app.
    - Manual lock button without "close and exit" app.

UPDATE!!: We have been working on a new app Smart Unlock Universal - Compatible with Samsung and with some other devices that were causing issues.
    Please note that this version does not support Patter Lock, only PIN and Password
    Works with android 4+ and 5.1+ BUT DO NOT WORK ON android 5.0 , 5.0.1 and 5.0.2
    You can try it now, we would appreciate your feedback:
    Download Smart Unlock v1.5.3 UNIVERSAL XDA version - HERE - Last update 3-June-2016.

FAQs:
    - Can I use Slide to unlock when connected to trusted devices instead of no lockscreen?
    No, we can only set Slide to Unlock in secure areas if we configure the PIN inside our app, exactly like similar apps do. We do not like this because you can not use lock pattern for example. We prefer to keep the app without slide to unlock at secure areas but in addition you can select pin/pattern and use system default settings.

- Can Smart Unlock work with Smartbands and SmartWatchs?
    We are working on it. We may have a working apk soon.

- The application does not work with my bluetooth device
    Maybe you have a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). This kind of bluetooth are not supported yet, although some models works, we are working on it. In the meanwhile you need a normal bluetooth device like Car audio, Parrot or any BT loudspeaker. The bluetooth device must be paired/connected to the phone os tablet.

- Sometimes the app stops working or/and has been closed.
    Make sure your are not using any task killer or memory optimizer that stops apps in background. If you are using any of those apps, you can add smart unlock in their exceptions list.
    Here you have some of the detected incompatible apps but there may be more:
    - Clean Master
    - ES Task Manager
    - SONY Smart Connect
    - Llama (profile manager)
    - ACDisplay
    - Snaplock Locker
    - Gravity Screen Pro
    - Airwatch

- Is this app compatible with my SAMSUNG device?
    Sorry but we can not make the app to work with most SAMSUNG devices due to samsung modifications in the native android lockscreen keyguard.
    But the app is working properly on Samsung Google Edition or with custom ROM like CyanogenMod.

- When NFC and Location features will be implemented?
    We can not guarantee an exact date. Actually we are working on improving the stability of the application before continuing adding new features.

Hope you can help us with our testing. We are listening for suggestion.
    Thanks for your time :)

IMPORTANT!!!!!: We can not make the app to work with most SAMSUNG phone because they have modified the lockscreen keyguard native in android. Only working properly on samsung google edition or with custom roms like cyanogen.

Note: This app has been developed by KuRouZu and HaZeX. Please feel free to contact us in a private message if we can help you in any way.
    @hazex, please update the xda version...
    Thank you!
    I have just updated XDA version right now.
    :)
    Hi, we uploaded a new beta version of both versions of the app.

Added a new option: Delay lock. This option specifies the delay between disconnection from a secure device until lock screen is enabled. Useful when wifi or bluetooth disconnected and reconnect due to some interference.
    Please, don't confuse with the native android delay lock feature, that it does is prevent lock the screen for a few seconds if the screen is off alone, without pressing the power button, which works with smart unlock for several versions.

Links:
    Download Smart Unlock 1.7 Beta
    Download Smart Unlock Universal 1.4 Beta

Regards.
    Hi today I update smart unlock from Google play ....and now I cannot come back I try deleted data and reinstall xda version but its wrong..

Same here, having Google play update. Also after installing new beta

We have just updated XDA version with same version than Google Play. Please reinstall from the opening post or the link below. :cowboy:

Download Smart Unlock XDA version - HERE - (max. 3 trusted devices) Last updated 15-april-2015
    I really think you should start considering listening what the users tell you. I bought the app more than two months ago because I really like its functionality but I haven't been able to use it most of the time. I am sorry, but whatever system uses now will stop working in the near future for all android versions. The fix has been merged to ASAP, as the developer of the ROM I use says :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60060320&postcount=7741

I know it easier to say it's not your fault but when users buy your product you should care about them a little bit more.

BTW, it used to be a fantastic app, thanks for the few time I was able to use it.

Xtract47

This is the latest stable version of android published, 5.1.0_r3.
    https://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html#source-code-tags-and-builds

As I said before, we have compiled and installed it on multiple devices and the app works.
    In the latest version published in the android SDK, version 5.1.1 that doesn't even have branch in the AOSP, we have tested the application with the emulator forcing unlocking/locking and is working properly.

True, it has applied the same change introduced in the latest versions of CM12 in the branch "master" of AOSP three weeks ago, but it is unclear when they will apply these changes to the stable public branches, if these changes will remain over time, or if will affect in the same way that CM12.
    The master branch is not stable and even these changes could be reversed any day.

We do not say we can not do anything because it's easy. We must stick to the "rules" of the operating system if we want to keep the application without being root.
    If an application uses a function of external code, as in this case a important function of the operating system, and eventually the content of this function is changed from OS side, from the developer side we can not do anything, especially if the new only alternative that is given to developers to disable the keyguard is not compatible with a service that is the case of Smart unlock.

If over time the application is not running with the latest versions of android and there is no choice, we will program any solution that would involve the obligation to have a rooted device. And although we have root access does not mean we can do anything in a transparent way for the user that does not involve device configurations and others.

Since we have notified that the app is not working with latest versions of CM12 we have been looking for solutions. The best option seemed to us is the Xposed module, because it would allow us to modify the function of the OS by eliminating the keylock change. But xposed recently it has only support for android version 5.0.x and is alpha. So for now, we can only wait regarding this.

I'm surprised you say that I don't listen to users. If you have any problem with the application, you can contact us in many ways. If you look at the thread you can check if we listen and help users. You can also contact us through our support address.
    Anyway If you are unhappy with the application we can offer a refund. Send me your your purchase ID by PM.
    Regards.