Hopefully this is okay to post in this section. Although this app is payed for on the Android Market I am offering it to the XDA community for free.
SMS2PC is a small app that runs in the background on Windows, Mac and Linux and allows you to send/receive messages via your Android phone. This, at the time of release, was the first SMS sending app for Android. There are now lots of alternatives but I think my app still has the polish and desktop integration (you don't need to keep browser open) that some people prefer.
You can download the APK attached, copy over through USB etc.
To download the desktop client, visit: w w w .geekyscott. com / sms2pc/ (sorry i cant post links....)
I hope you will all enjoy the app. Please don't post it on other websites as I would like this to be an XDA-exclusive thing. In a few months when I get the time to clean my source, I will upload the source for everyone to use/extend.
- Auto PC location (no need to enter IP address on WIFI)
- Forwards SMS from mobile phone to desktop (osx, windows or linux(beta))
- Multi-send messages from desktop
- Phone address book sync with phone
- Handles send notifications and delivery notifications
- Secure Encryption
- Customizable interface
- USB support (enable debugging on phone)
- WIFI support
- Connect over internet via 3G
- Syncs message history
- Message smiles/emoticons
- Custom desktop audio notifications
- Streamlined, simple and clear interface
Thanks for being a great community.
p.s. My old account is ScottishGeek, it would be nice to merge that with this if any mods read this.
59.8 KB Views: 4,706