• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Springboard Music - Better remote music controls for the Pace's homescreen

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Ever since I got the Pace, one of my main gripes about it was the music controls when I'm playing a song on my phone. I don't play music from the device, everything I listen to is streamed, so I have to use the clunky and cramped notification-based controls. What I really wanted was a full screen page, on the home screen, for controlling music. Now it's possible to make custom pages, this was the first thing I made.

(Left: Music controls for a playing song, with the progress shown as the arc on the outside. Right: Volume controls for a song, with the volume shown as the arc on the outside)

Usage

This app is made to be very simple, and uses (or abuses if you like) the built in launcher code for "listening" for music on the phone. It appears to support any app with a notification whilst playing music, but I've tested it with Spotify and Play Music and it works fine. To access volume controls, long press on the pause/play button. It will revert to normal controls after 5 seconds, or if you long press play/pause again

Make sure you have both notifications and music remote controller enabled in the Amazfit app (Me > Setting > Notification Settings) for this to work properly

Note: Whilst the app tries to get the playing music as effectively as possible, it sometimes take pausing/playing a few times to pick it up. I'm investigating why this is

If you want to move the page, or disable it entirely (it will appear in the app list called "Music"), you can do so with my Springboard Settings app

Download

Installation
Code:
adb install -r SpringboardMusic-1.0.apk
Reboot your watch after installing

Uninstallation
Code:
adb uninstall com.kieronquinn.app.springboardmusic

Can you do X?
Probably not. The API is fairly limited, it doesn't pass album art (which is a shame, it would look great with album art background and dynamically coloured buttons) and it doesn't pass any other information than is used already (no package name of app that's playing the music, for example). Additionally, the only actions available to send to the phone for controls are: next, previous, play/pause, volume up and volume down. No scrubbing and no exact volume control.

Source code available here

Attachments

• SpringboardMusic-1.0.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 15,529
Last edited:

shadowcaster666

Jan 17, 2010
Cool app, but the only controls working for me are volume. Tested with poweramp and youtube on a Redmi Note 3 with Android 7.1.2. I also don't see any track info in the music screen.

Poweramp does have a playback controls notification on the phone, so not sure why it's not working.

rodriz

Feb 8, 2009
Thank you for your work.
It would be very interesting if it came to work as file manager does, so you can see the whole screen

38560260140_5483dbe0f7.jpg
39473751985_7ace642772.jpg

39659621804_5b3dc6726d.jpg
38560259830_f764c676ca.jpg

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Cool app, but the only controls working for me are volume. Tested with poweramp and youtube on a Redmi Note 3 with Android 7.1.2. I also don't see any track info in the music screen.

Poweramp does have a playback controls notification on the phone, so not sure why it's not working.

Have you got "Music remote controller" enabled in the Amazfit app?

Thank you for your work.
It would be very interesting if it came to work as file manager does, so you can see the whole screen

Read the "can you do X" section of the OP, none of that data is sent

ajid1977

Feb 6, 2015
absolutely brilliant!!! Thanks.
i would be more awesome if we could use this app during workout. i mean, if it can replace the local song player.
keep up the good work mate!!

sasha0786

Mar 11, 2009
Cherkasy
Quinny899, yes, of course. I installed both of springboard apps (music control and settings) and rebooted the watch. And I have working springboard settings but no music control app. Ind there is no calendar widget settings in that app.

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Quinny899, yes, of course. I installed both of springboard apps (music control and settings) and rebooted the watch. And I have working springboard settings but no music control app. Ind there is no calendar widget settings in that app.

That's very strange, it usually appears after a reboot in both the launcher and the settings app. Maybe try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and then rebooting the music app?

donatod87

May 9, 2015
Curiosity

The widget not play the music if the app music on the smartphone isn't yet open.

Is it normal?

I must open first the app and then I can use the widget control?

May 25, 2006
hi, i can not move the widget to another position. I don't see it in springboard settings apk. The only app called music is the huami original one. Can anybody help me?
thx in advance.

edit: a second reboot solved the issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ever since I got the Pace, one of my main gripes about it was the music controls when I'm playing a song on my phone. I don't play music from the device, everything I listen to is streamed, so I have to use the clunky and cramped notification-based controls. What I really wanted was a full screen page, on the home screen, for controlling music. Now it's possible to make custom pages, this was the first thing I made.

(Left: Music controls for a playing song, with the progress shown as the arc on the outside. Right: Volume controls for a song, with the volume shown as the arc on the outside)

Usage

This app is made to be very simple, and uses (or abuses if you like) the built in launcher code for "listening" for music on the phone. It appears to support any app with a notification whilst playing music, but I've tested it with Spotify and Play Music and it works fine. To access volume controls, long press on the pause/play button. It will revert to normal controls after 5 seconds, or if you long press play/pause again

Make sure you have both notifications and music remote controller enabled in the Amazfit app (Me > Setting > Notification Settings) for this to work properly

Note: Whilst the app tries to get the playing music as effectively as possible, it sometimes take pausing/playing a few times to pick it up. I'm investigating why this is

If you want to move the page, or disable it entirely (it will appear in the app list called "Music"), you can do so with my Springboard Settings app

Download

Installation
    Code:
    adb install -r SpringboardMusic-1.0.apk
    Reboot your watch after installing

Uninstallation
    Code:
    adb uninstall com.kieronquinn.app.springboardmusic

Can you do X?
    Probably not. The API is fairly limited, it doesn't pass album art (which is a shame, it would look great with album art background and dynamically coloured buttons) and it doesn't pass any other information than is used already (no package name of app that's playing the music, for example). Additionally, the only actions available to send to the phone for controls are: next, previous, play/pause, volume up and volume down. No scrubbing and no exact volume control.

Source code available here
    The widget not play the music if the app music on the smartphone isn't yet open.

Is it normal?

I must open first the app and then I can use the widget control?

Yes, that's how the watch's built in code works unfortunately
    Thanks a lot! This app is incredible. One question: verge has also volume control in its music control, can you do this function in this app.

Hold down the pause/play button to access volume controls.