• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Springboard Settings for Pace - Rearrange/Enable/Disable pages on the launcher

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Springboard Settings allows you to customise the home launcher (Springboard), enabling/disabling and rearranging the pages on the screen. This allows you to customise it on the watch, rather than having to use the Amazfit app on your phone, and also allows for the removal of the China-only pages on the PACEfied ROM, without the need for the Chinese Amazfit app. As well as this, you can customise the order as you would in the phone app, and it's also compatible with custom pages

Screenshot

Download
Download from attachments

Installation
Code:
adb install -r SpringboardSettings-1.1.apk

Uninstallation
Code:
adb uninstall com.kieronquinn.app.springboardsettings

Usage
Simply open the app and scroll through the list. There's switches for each item to enable or disable them, and long pressing an item will allow you to drag it around. Changes are automatically saved and take effect on the launcher immediately, closing the app will show them
Whilst the app tries to get the current order correct, it's sometimes not perfect. Relaunching it or rebooting the watch sometimes helps.
Warning: The state of the sport launcher (usually displayed on the left screen from the clock) can be changed in this app. Whilst it works, and disables the page, it causes glitches and bugs in the launcher if you do. You're welcome to just deal with this if you don't want the sport launcher (called gpx-recorder/SportLauncherView in the app), hence why it's not simply hidden, but it's not recommended

Changelog
Version 1.1
- Added a notice when no pages have been loaded
- Removed unused activity_main XML

Version 1.0
- Initial release

Source
This app is open source, feel free to use the source in anything else, including the layout system, and see how the settings system works in code: https://github.com/KieronQuinn/AmazfitSpringboardSettings

How it works
The launcher saves and reads the layout from two system settings: springboard_widget_order_in and springboard_widget_order_out
springboard_widget_order_in contains the main list, ordering and state for each page - but doesn't always contain all pages (not sure why). Editing this setting is how this app works, and the setting is in JSON form
springboard_widget_order_out contains the full list of pages, but whilst it also contains values for state and order is not used for loading. The app uses this to read any other pages, including custom ones (which I can currently get to show as blank pages with no content - more on that when I get them working)

Attachments

• SpringboardSettings-1.1.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 17,801
Last edited:

shadowcaster666

Jan 17, 2010
Great app, even better customisation than the phone app (I turned off sports and put timer in its place).

I do have a minor bug to report though. The app failed to load a list of widgets then crashed the launcher on exit the first 2 times I tried to run it. I think I kind of know why.

Whenever I install a new app on the pace (I use apkinstaller) the widgets all return to their default order. I can fix this by going into the phone app and toggling any widget off then on again (the phone app retains my custom settings).

I get the feeling that the config file for widget order is getting deleted/altered when I install an apk and that's whats causing the problem.

After using the phone app to fix widget order your app works fine, but I can imagine this bug could be a bit of a roadblock for some people.

Reactions: GreatApo

GreatApo

Feb 15, 2011
Nice work, please keep up! Cross fingers for custom widgets!

Official Software: not working?
13-02-2018-04-40-11.png

Edit:
- Opening / Closing widgets from phone app did the trick! (thanks @shadowcaster666)

Last edited:
Reactions: peppe85

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk

View attachment 4418304

Have you tried what the post above you suggested doing? If that doesn't work, please provide a logcat as it'll show the error

confirming that it works on Nicola's StratOS 1.0 based on 2.0.7.5 rom - cannot move the activities to the other side of the actual clock, tried to place the weather to the left of the watch, still remains on the right.

Yup it doesn't allow that, appears to be hard coded into the launcher. Shame, because I would have liked the left side of the clock to be an app launcher and the right pages to be normal, so you don't have to scroll all the way to the end to launch an app. A custom app drawer page would make this better, then it could be the first page on the right...

shadowcaster666

Jan 17, 2010
A custom app drawer page would make this better, then it could be the first page on the right...

Some android wear launchers have been ported to the pace. I have "Quick Launch" installed. It allows you to pull down and app list by swiping down from the top left corner.

This does a pretty good job of giving you quick access to your apps. But it would be very nice to be able to customise the order of apps in the app list.

I noticed something else that's a little odd. You cant scroll to the left from the "sports" app. So if you move the sports list from the left most position to anywhere else, once you scroll past it you can't scroll back. You can still just hit the home button.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Reactions: GreatApo

peppe85

Feb 9, 2012
I tried the trick suggested in the first post, but it does not work. The springboard list remains empty.
I use the Stokfield 1.7.1 (1.3.6d)

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I tried the trick suggested in the first post, but it does not work. The springboard list remains empty.
I use the Stokfield 1.7.1 (1.3.6d)

Me too. The name app only appears in the black background

Enviado desde mi LEX820 mediante Tapatalk

And you've both opened the Amazfit app, gone to the "widgets" page, moved the pages around, enabled/disabled them a couple of times and restarted the springboard settings app?

Reactions: crxixo1

shadowcaster666

Jan 17, 2010
Would it be possible to put a save/restore option in the springboard app?

This would mean that after doing an initial setup and save, you could use the restore option in springboard to restore your widget layout without needing the phone app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Springboard Settings allows you to customise the home launcher (Springboard), enabling/disabling and rearranging the pages on the screen. This allows you to customise it on the watch, rather than having to use the Amazfit app on your phone, and also allows for the removal of the China-only pages on the PACEfied ROM, without the need for the Chinese Amazfit app. As well as this, you can customise the order as you would in the phone app, and it's also compatible with custom pages

Screenshot

Download
    Download from attachments

Installation
    Code:
    adb install -r SpringboardSettings-1.1.apk

Uninstallation
    Code:
    adb uninstall com.kieronquinn.app.springboardsettings

Usage
    Simply open the app and scroll through the list. There's switches for each item to enable or disable them, and long pressing an item will allow you to drag it around. Changes are automatically saved and take effect on the launcher immediately, closing the app will show them
    Whilst the app tries to get the current order correct, it's sometimes not perfect. Relaunching it or rebooting the watch sometimes helps.
    Warning: The state of the sport launcher (usually displayed on the left screen from the clock) can be changed in this app. Whilst it works, and disables the page, it causes glitches and bugs in the launcher if you do. You're welcome to just deal with this if you don't want the sport launcher (called gpx-recorder/SportLauncherView in the app), hence why it's not simply hidden, but it's not recommended

Changelog
    Version 1.1

Version 1.0
    - Initial release

Source
    This app is open source, feel free to use the source in anything else, including the layout system, and see how the settings system works in code: https://github.com/KieronQuinn/AmazfitSpringboardSettings

How it works
    The launcher saves and reads the layout from two system settings: springboard_widget_order_in and springboard_widget_order_out
    springboard_widget_order_in contains the main list, ordering and state for each page - but doesn't always contain all pages (not sure why). Editing this setting is how this app works, and the setting is in JSON form
    springboard_widget_order_out contains the full list of pages, but whilst it also contains values for state and order is not used for loading. The app uses this to read any other pages, including custom ones (which I can currently get to show as blank pages with no content - more on that when I get them working)
    If you think so, why don't you make a better app? This one is open source, as is every framework I've made for this device, it's easy right? You describe yourself as a "developer" but all you want to do is insult others when something out of their control is broken

But then do not hide these info and describe it in your app description!
    There is only info how great it is, how perfectly it works ... tell also those bad things and why this app sometimes does not work as expected! And maybe describe how to react on good knowing things.
    Then I will agree with you.
    But to agree with app bugs because it is free I do not agree, there are lot of free apps which are great!
    So, developer should not hide known bugs then the user is able to choose if to use or not the app with those bugs.
    That’s all. If I know it before I'd not download it. But, you could not expect I'll read all forum to make sure it works as described !

I hope you understand, I do not like all time to rearange again and again or to reinstall your app to make it work again.
    It automatically turns off widgets which I have turned ON, so it looks like after installation there are some defaults and actual status is not read.
    When I load new APK it again goes to default settings ... then it stops to SAVE and I have to reinstall it ... so, please, understand also me as a user, that this is something it makes me crazy and upset.

If you tell me it is develop (unstable) version I'd accept it but not if you tell me this is STABLE version, because it is not.
    That's all.

BTW: I do not thing I'm better developer as you, I never tell you that, I want from developers to keep some CODEX even if they develop FREE apps.
    Small update released, version 1.1:

Update is in the attachments to the first post and also on the GitHub repository
    Great app, even better customisation than the phone app (I turned off sports and put timer in its place).

I do have a minor bug to report though. The app failed to load a list of widgets then crashed the launcher on exit the first 2 times I tried to run it. I think I kind of know why.

Whenever I install a new app on the pace (I use apkinstaller) the widgets all return to their default order. I can fix this by going into the phone app and toggling any widget off then on again (the phone app retains my custom settings).

I get the feeling that the config file for widget order is getting deleted/altered when I install an apk and that's whats causing the problem.

After using the phone app to fix widget order your app works fine, but I can imagine this bug could be a bit of a roadblock for some people.

13-02-2018-04-40-11.png

Edit:
    - Opening / Closing widgets from phone app did the trick! (thanks @shadowcaster666)