[APP] Sprint Visual Voicemail For Cyanogen

Do You Prefer Sprint VVM or Google Voice?

• Sprint VVM

Votes: 691 84.5%
  • Google Voice

Votes: 127 15.5%

• Total voters

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Devel
Here is the Sprint VVM.zip. Thanks to c00ller for that good tip. I'm also adding the Sprint navigation app for anyone who wants it. Enjoy! :D

Instructions:

Flash it from recovery like a rom, and then use this to block the annoying texts!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

typeadam

Aug 20, 2008
DL it, flashed it, now my Power Settings Widget is gone.. and I don't just mean gone from my screen, I mean it's gone from the widget list..

theimpaler747

DL it, flashed it, now my Power Settings Widget is gone.. and I don't just mean gone from my screen, I mean it's gone from the widget list..
What launcher are you using? Because this has nothing to do with the power control widget, nor does it affect it in any way.

Sent from my HTC Hero running froyo: take that, Sprint!

theimpaler747

So using Handcet, I will be able to block the voicemail msgs? Would like to know if thats what you mean before I DL handcet. Thanks.
That is correct. Blacklist the messages and you won't see them or have a notification sound or image in the bar.

weedman91

Nov 26, 2007
so i flashed the voicemail zip the other day i got the app. but it doesn't work. If i call my cell phone with another phone it rings and i don't pick up. Than instead of saying you have reached the sprint voicemail box and so on it just says the person you have called is not in service and sometimes it doesn't say anything and just hangs up. Also i put my number in as the voicemail number and if i call voicemail from my phone it takes me there and says to put my passcode in, so its working but not if someone calls me. Why am i having this problem?

theimpaler747

so i flashed the voicemail zip the other day i got the app. but it doesn't work. If i call my cell phone with another phone it rings and i don't pick up. Than instead of saying you have reached the sprint voicemail box and so on it just says the person you have called is not in service and sometimes it doesn't say anything and just hangs up. Also i put my number in as the voicemail number and if i call voicemail from my phone it takes me there and says to put my passcode in, so its working but not if someone calls me. Why am i having this problem?
Type *38 into dialer, and then Cal yourself from another phone again.

cwbeasley

May 28, 2008
Austin
This is a first for me. I can't find the actual App so I can click and listen to my Visual Voicemail. Do I have to call to get my messages, or are they downloaded to the phone and I'm just missing where they are?? Thanks.

theimpaler747

This is a first for me. I can't find the actual App so I can click and listen to my Visual Voicemail. Do I have to call to get my messages, or are they downloaded to the phone and I'm just missing where they are?? Thanks.
The app should be there, try flashing again and tell me how it goes.

Reactions: nerv666999

dgatlin

May 11, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Handcent - VVM

I have installed the Sprint VVM and Handcent. When I get a voicemail I still get the text message through the messaging app that comes with the rom. So, it does not have a chance to block through Handcent. Any ideas...

David

theimpaler747

I have installed the Sprint VVM and Handcent. When I get a voicemail I still get the text message through the messaging app that comes with the rom. So, it does not have a chance to block through Handcent. Any ideas...

David
In handcent, long press on the text thread from the VVM number. Select blacklist, and the notifications from the messages will stop, along with the thread itself being hidden.

dgatlin

May 11, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I did that but I still get the messages through the normal messaging not Handcent. Do I have to do this in a certain order? I have tried rebooting the phone. I had someone text me to see where the message would come to and it shows up in Handcent but the notification in the notification bar takes me to the normal messaging not Handcent.

theimpaler747

I did that but I still get the messages through the normal messaging not Handcent. Do I have to do this in a certain order? I have tried rebooting the phone. I had someone text me to see where the message would come to and it shows up in Handcent but the notification in the notification bar takes me to the normal messaging not Handcent.
Go into your messages app, hit menu, options, and then uncheck notifications. That way you don't get 2 notifications for every message, you only get handcent's.