I am not facing any such issue ...Thank you for the port! It works well and takes some good pictures.
Just wanted to let you know of (possibly) a bug that I am facing. I am unable to turn the shutter sound off. It is showing that it is 'disabled' but the sound still persists when I take pictures.
I'm having a really weird issue, any setting I changed from the settings gets reverted back every single time. Even turning on the flash for rear cam doesn't work. Tried clearing dalvik and cache but no change. Tried it on my max pro M2 running AEX. Otherwise the port is solid
Thanks for the news... Even I just discovered it right now... Now only way to make it work on custom ROMs is to switch kernel to permissive using kernel adiutor or using an older permissive kernel...Yes it works, if selinux set to permissive.
WAYS to fix Depth Mode and Front Flash :
1) (For fixing only Rear Depth Mode) Set your kernel to permissive using Kernel Adiutor app or use a permissive kernel of your ROM.
For Advanced users:
2) (For fixing both bugs) Use Stock Pie Beta Kernel along with your ROM.
(Please understand that boot.img is not kernel. Directly replacing boot.img might cause bootloops. Make use of Android Image Kitchen by @osm0sis to replace the kernel in the boot image. Kernel is usually in the form of .zimage file)
THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE USING THIS CAMERA ON MAX PRO M1, PLEASE DON'T CONTACT ME ON TELEGRAM. It is good that this port is working on your device, but don't come asking me to fix bugs since this camera is meant for MAX PRO M2. And please tell this to the person who shared my work on Telegram, without even informing me before hand, adding my name and misinforming other people that this was ported for Pro M1. It wasn't.
- Added Camera Calibration app from STOCK Oreo
- Adjusted locations of libraries
- Fixed Window Animation Scale doubling issue (Ported Stock Asus Camera from STOCK OREO WW-15.2016.1902.192)
- Latest Asus Camera Improvements and AI Scene Detection
- Initial Release (Ported Stock Asus Camera from PIE BETA WW-16.2017.1901.046)
Wow osm0sis himself.. Great fan of your work..Shouldn't you just use AnyKernel2 to replace the zImage on whatever ROM people are using? Would be easier and more automated than asking people to use AIK.
Seems like your ROM has not been updated yet... The camera has fully been supported in havoc, arrow, dotos and crdroid...I don't think it works, I've flashed and when I open the camera it keeps stopping how to uninstall it? Or is there anything I can do to make it work?