[APP][STOCK][PORT] ASUS Snapdragon Camera from STOCK ROM

Search This thread

Anubhav_singh

Nov 9, 2017
The app is not being installed on my device.
Previously it worked all fine but yesterday i clean flashed latest havoc with stock gapps...after that the camera is not installed. Any suggestions.?

shindou01

Sep 24, 2013
Semarang
The app is not being installed on my device.
Previously it worked all fine but yesterday i clean flashed latest havoc with stock gapps...after that the camera is not installed. Any suggestions.?

Anyways, have you flashed AsusPieCam4 after clean flash? Did you wipe system, data, dalvik, and cache?
I just clean flashed havoc yesterday as well because for me, updating through the OTA always breaks the camera by overwriting it with older versions (making it seem like the app is not installed).

-wiped system, data, dalvik, and cache
-flashed havoc and micro GApps
-reboot and setup
-reboot to recovery and flashed AsusPieCam4 and Magisk 19.1
-wipe cache & dalvik
-reboot to system and... profit

Last edited:

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I think the problem that some people are facing after flashing the zip, is recovery - specific or recovery related.
Actually I never had to perform a clean flash of my ROM.
So try the following:
1) Flash the camera zip only after flashing ROM and gapps (whether clean flash or dirty flash does not matter).

2) Flash camera zip twice, clean dalvik + cache, and reboot. Still same problem then, reboot to recovery and try same thing again.

4) If you are using TWRP, then you need to mount the system manually before flashing the zip.

5) Switch recovery to some other. If using PBRP, update to the latest version. Or otherwise use OFRP. Its what I use.

6) Don't use stock gapps after flashing ROM. Use other gapps. You can use micro gapps. Its what i use. Stock Gapps is known to replace camera apps.
Also, flashing gapps is required only if you are doing a clean flash. During a dirty flash, flashing gapps is not required at all.

7) If still none of the above work for you, then the last resort is a clean flash.

Last edited:

shindou01

Sep 24, 2013
Semarang
I think the problem that some people are facing after flashing the zip, is recovery - specific or recovery related.
Actually I never had to perform a clean flash of my ROM.
So try the following:
1) Flash the camera zip only after flashing ROM (whether clean flash or dirty flash does not matter).
2) Flash camera zip twice, clean dalvik + cache, and reboot. Still same problem then, reboot to recovery and try same thing again.
3) Switch recovery to some other. If using PBRP, update to the latest version. Or otherwise use OFRP. Its what I use.
4) If still none of the above work for you, then the last resort is a clean flash.

As soon as (or If), I get some free time, I will work on the latest camera.
Interesting....
I just switched to OFRP before clean flashing latest Havoc so I don't really know yet if it has any effect, however, I'll try dirty flashing Havoc and testing just for the heck of it when I get some free time. Or maybe when there's another update pushed, whichever comes first..

Tyakrish

Jun 13, 2016
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
Update:
21-June-2019
- Fixed high screen brightness in the app. Also the screen brightness is now adjustable via brightness slider.

Filename: AsusPieCam6.zip
Checksum (SHA-1):
4ebac0ceca97457ed236a8292eb2f2b48eeeed49

Reactions: pkm37
G

GuestD2621

Update:
21-June-2019
- Fixed high screen brightness in the app. Also the screen brightness is now adjustable via brightness slider.

Filename: AsusPieCam6.zip
Checksum (SHA-1):
4ebac0ceca97457ed236a8292eb2f2b48eeeed49
Does window animation scale is fixed? Whenever I capture a picture, the window animation scale is doubled.

pkm37

Aug 17, 2017
Tyakrish, are you planning to use new asus stock pie build camera. Please share new zip if new build has changed camera version :)

Tyakrish, are you planning to use new asus stock pie build camera. Please share new zip if new build has changed camera version :)
Did you check the changelog in second post? If you're talking about 066 update, it's just rebranded 065 update for Japanese.

Edit: It's not rebranded 065 update. I installed it in my phone which has WW SKU. It does have some of the bugs fixed like brightness slider, power button bug in dark mode, increase in vibration intensity, low volume fix when headphones are used. And yes, it now has Digital Wellbeing pre installed. I also saw a difference in two of the smali files of Snapdragon Camera app. Version has changed to v2.0.002 (1216-00). May be @Tyakrish can look into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mauam and Tyakrish

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Asus Stock Snapdragon Camera from the latest Stable Pie...

Just flash the zip from the link below via any recovery and enjoy ! :)

Now ported to Android 10 as well !
    Android 10 ROMs on which confirmed to be working:
    CRDroid 6
    EVO-X 3.3
    HavocOS 3

What's Working:
    - Everything (Please don't read the bug section)

Bugs:
    Unfortunately I have tried a lot to fix the below bugs, but I lack the kind of reverse engineering knowledge that pro Google Camera Modders have. So I guess just pretend that its bug-free.
    :p
    - Pics can't be saved to External Storage
    - Beauty Mode not working. Please use another app to increase your nonexisting beauty :p
    - (On Android 10 ROMs) The app might not appear in the launcher. Check out troubleshooting section.

For Pie ROMs -
    Filename: AsusPieCam11.1P.zip
    Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdeOv21pkoTPvKPgIiI1CwZUintuvKyo/view?usp=sharing
    SHA-1: 283f0d517fa14dcf0de1790b8a3ccad1f575b880

For Android 10 ROMs -
    Filename: AsusPieCam11Q.zip
    Download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10gRbXRrVNbP5cIqKN4rbPkS3lEGAlFow/view?usp=sharing
    SHA-1: 124ea5a1f5212dedefa72273224603231c3d8880

Special Thanks to these people for helping me out on many occasions:
    @legacy07
    @bauuuuu (Fixing selfie flash and integrating the camera and fixes in device tree)
    @Skssbss

P.S.
    This is my first work on XDA and I would be highly motivated to continue it, if you hit the thumbs up button... :)
    If you like my work, you can buy me a coffee:
    https://www.paypal.me/tyakrish

If any problems after flashing zip, pls refer to the Troubleshooting section.
    I take no responsibility of any ports to other devices, if any doubts, contact the porters.
    TROUBLESHOOTING

General Troubleshooting:
    https://xdaforums.com/max-pro-m2/themes/app-asus-camera-pie-stock-rom-t3910834/post79522285

Troubleshooting for people for whom the app does not appear in the launcher:
    https://xdaforums.com/max-pro-m2/themes/app-asus-camera-pie-stock-rom-t3910834/post81293849

CHANGELOG

26-Dec-2019
    - Same zip as 11P, just included the fix apk which I posted before for Pie ROMs. Now the 11.P zip should work on all Pie ROMs regardless of signature.

21-Dec-2019
    - Ported Camera from 1912.072
    - Camera version has been bumped up to 1457
    - Tighter integration with the Android System, due to changed apk signature, from Asus' signature to Aosp platform signature and small edits to the app.
    - (Q specific) Some more edits were made to the apk, to be able to work on Q. Crashes were fixed.
    - (Q specific) Edited edify flash script, so that the app is installed in the correct location. Due to changes in Android 10, the zip contents are now installed to /system/system.
    - Removed most permissions which have no need to be explicitly granted as priv-app permissions in the xml.

12-Dec-2019
    - Ported Camera from WW 1910.071
    - Camera version bumped up to 1287
    - Optimized updater script:
    * Properly added symlinks to libs
    * Added proper file system permissions
    - Removed 2-3 unnecessary priv-app permissions

23-Sept-2019
    - Ported Camera from WW 1908.070
    - Camera version bumped up to 1280
    - Continuous Shot has been fixed in some ROMs based on @kubersharma lineage tree. Tested on CRDroid. Thanks @kubersharma

14-July-2019
    - Ported Camera from WW(India) 1906.067

5-July-2019
    - Ported Camera from JP 1906.066

21-June-2019

22-April-2019
    - Ported Asus Camera from latest Stable Pie 1905.65

18-April-2019
    - Fixed updater-script to prevent conflicts between old oreo Asus Camera libs and new stuff from Stable Pie Asus Camera

17-April-2019
    - Ported Asus Snap Camera from latest Stable Pie
    - Added proper priv-app permissions as required by the camera.
    - Fixed storage of media to external sdcard (Media on external sdcard will be stored in "/Android/data/org.codeaurora.snapcam/files". Unfortunately I cannot do anything about it. Its a limitation of Android)
    - Permanently fixed Window Animation Scale doubling issue (Issue was present with the Pie version as well the Pie Beta version of the camera)

23-March-2019
    - Added Camera Calibration app from STOCK Oreo
    - Adjusted locations of libraries

15-March-2019
    - Fixed Window Animation Scale doubling issue (Ported Stock Asus Camera from STOCK OREO WW-15.2016.1902.192)
    - Latest Asus Camera Improvements and AI Scene Detection

14-March-2019
    - Initial Release (Ported Stock Asus Camera from PIE BETA WW-16.2017.1901.046)
    BIG UPDATE:
    I was able to successfully port Snapcam to Android 10.
    From now on, there will be two versions of the camera shared on this thread; one for Pie ROMs and the other for Q ROMs

Tested on CRDroid 6, EVO X 3.3, HavocOS 3.0 (Android 10) ROMs
    Thanks to @Praveen Pannu for testing

Bugs: As of now, the bugs are the same as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

If the camera is not opening up properly or some functions like depth mode is not working or showing a black screen, it maybe due to persist issue after installing Android 10. Learn more here:
    https://xdaforums.com/max-pro-m2/how-to/discussion-fixing-persist-issues-t4024247/post81288631

Those people for whom the app does not appear in the launcher after flashing, see this post:
    https://xdaforums.com/max-pro-m2/themes/app-asus-camera-pie-stock-rom-t3910834/post81293849

Download links in the first thread.

CHANGELOG:
    21-Dec-2019
    - Ported Camera from 1912.072
    - Camera version has been bumped up to 1457
    - Tighter integration with the Android System, due to changed apk signature, from Asus' signature to Aosp platform signature and small edits to the app.
    - (Q specific) Some more edits were made to the apk, to be able to work on Q. Crashes were fixed.
    - (Q specific) Edited edify flash script, so that the app is installed in the correct location. Due to changes in Android 10, the zip contents are now installed to /system/system.
    - Removed most permissions which have no need to be explicitly granted as priv-app permissions in the xml.

It took me many nights to figure out what was not working and why. If you like my work and want to support me, you can buy me a coffee here:
    https://www.paypal.me/tyakrish
    Update:

14-July-2019
    - Ported Camera from WW(India) 1906.067

Filename: AsusPieCam8.zip
    Checksum (SHA-1):
    3319c2565a95ecdb241ec6bb82e013e71a2e4864
    Unfortunately I have tried everything to fix the Signature issue which happens in some Android 10 ROMs. But I have run out of ideas. The test apk for Android 10 gives the "Critical Permissions missing" issue which we had seen earlier. The only way that I could fix it was sign the apk with Aosp test keys which are used in most custom ROMs.
    Unfortunately popular ROMs like Lineage and probably Pixel Experience, use their own private keys for signing their ROMs and not the default Aosp test keys. I can't possibly sign the app with keys which aren't accessible to the public.

The only way, the camera might appear in launcher and work on these ROMs is if it is included in the ROM by ROM developers. So future zips for Android 10 will only work on some ROMs, but others will have to request their ROM developers to include the updates in their ROM.

Also, I would like to inform users once again that for TWRP users, with the similar issue of app not appearing in launcher, is not related to this issue. So for people using TWRP check the 2nd post of this thread. Even after following the troubleshooting steps, still it doesn't appear then it will be the Signature issue.

Don't lose hope though. In the future, this might change if I get another idea or when Asus releases Q for our device. But for now, I am concluding this issue. Stay awesome guys :)