App Store Optimization (or ASO)

Search This thread

aHanSolo

Mar 11, 2014
I have recently published my App in the App Store and was wondering if you guys knew any good books or websites where i could get some information regarding App Store optimization :confused:
Coming from doing a lot of SEO i can understand how important ASO can become in the future as with the internet it was pretty similar, previously no one really gave a crap and later on it became essential to be able to rank in Google. :p

Do you guys do any App store Optimization?

Here are some articles i personally found useful:
Introduction to: amongtech.com/what-is-app-store-optimization/
More in-depth: searchenginejournal.com/definitive-guide-app-store-optimization-aso/78719/
A little more in-depth introduction: blog.kissmetrics.com/app-store-optimization/

Thanks! :good:

Appiterate

Jan 30, 2014
A small ASO guide

Both Apple’s App Store and the Google Play have a myriad number of apps and it’s very easy to get lost in the crowd. Good visibility on the App Store is thus essential and can be ensured by following certain key pointers while launching your app:

1. Keep the title short, self explanatory and keyword centric. The important thing is to limit it in one line. For this you have to be extra cautious on Google Play as the users’ Android phone screens may vary in sizes.

2. While writing the description for your app, just keep two things in mind. First, that users don’t like to read paragraphs if they don’t find the initial lines interesting. And second, use as many keywords as possible so that your app may spring up on searches more often.

3. Google play allows you to add demo videos of your app. Do make one, as many of your prospective users may not find the screenshots too descriptive. Keep the video short and emphasize on the user friendliness of your app.

4. Icon images should be striking to make you app stand out in the list and screenshots should signify the simplicity of your app.

you can visit my website to read a full guide.

OptimizeMyApps

Apr 8, 2014
www.optimizemyapps.com
App Store Optimization Basics

For Apple Store you need to get the following right to get good rankings, which equals good downloads:

Icon - A great looking Icon which grabs the users attention & screams download me

Screenshots - Informative & Engaging screenshots which educate the user on your Apps features

Keywords - Well Researched 100 char keyword list which have high traffic & low competetion

App Name - App name which has keywords which you want to rank for

Ehsan Mahmood

Feb 19, 2011
Islamabad
I have recently published my App in the App Store and was wondering if you guys knew any good books or websites where i could get some information regarding App Store optimization :confused:
Coming from doing a lot of SEO i can understand how important ASO can become in the future as with the internet it was pretty similar, previously no one really gave a crap and later on it became essential to be able to rank in Google. :p

More in-depth: searchenginejournal.com/definitive-guide-app-store-optimization-aso/78719/
A little more in-depth introduction: blog.kissmetrics.com/app-store-optimization/

PM me if you need more help related to app store optimization.

Reactions: aHanSolo

astoria0128

May 2, 2013
ASO is stand for app store optimization which is a process of optimizing an app in any app store to maximize the visiblity. It just like a SEO where people search for their query on search engines and gets SERP (Search engine result pages) listing for their query.

Some more important point of ASO
Primary factor
Keywords
Logo
App description
App category
App screen shots
Secondary factors
Number of downloads
Rating and reviews

appn2o

May 28, 2014
www.appn2o.com
App store optimization service provider company

I think you should visit the best app store optimization services provider company like appn2o.com where you can get good articles or blog post for the effective knowledge.

anuloid

Apr 18, 2014
Yerevan
I think you should visit the best app store optimization services provider company like appn2o.com where you can get good articles or blog post for the effective knowledge.

First post and cheap straight ad, please don't do that!!!.

I really do not mind your post about your services, but at first, please give some real advice, talk about your experience, your clients and achievements before redirecting users, I think you know about that kind of things better than me.... I personally find your website (not sure you're owner or just an employee) really professional and informative and you probably know your job, but please don't do that kind of cheap ads in you first post at least my Indian friend.

JevgenT

Jun 16, 2014
in-depth advice

Hi everyone. I've also heard these things could work pretty well:

- Localizations on google play - what is the best way to do this?
- Have a strong youtube channel link to your app page?
- Google +1's - what is the best to generate this? does it influence rankings? Is there a place to buy "good" +1s
- Links to app page - does this work? good place to buy links?

Any advice here? Please PM me then.

Thanks!

Kronetgames

Aug 5, 2014
Lviv
www.facebook.com
Both Apple’s App Store and the Google Play have a myriad number of apps and it’s very easy to get lost in the crowd. Good visibility on the App Store is thus essential and can be ensured by following certain key pointers while launching your app:

1. Keep the title short, self explanatory and keyword centric. The important thing is to limit it in one line. For this you have to be extra cautious on Google Play as the users’ Android phone screens may vary in sizes.

2. While writing the description for your app, just keep two things in mind. First, that users don’t like to read paragraphs if they don’t find the initial lines interesting. And second, use as many keywords as possible so that your app may spring up on searches more often.

3. Google play allows you to add demo videos of your app. Do make one, as many of your prospective users may not find the screenshots too descriptive. Keep the video short and emphasize on the user friendliness of your app.

4. Icon images should be striking to make you app stand out in the list and screenshots should signify the simplicity of your app.

Hello! It seems that your are a good in ASO and SEO! Can you give me some advice for naming my future game! It s a 2D logic puzzle game with multiplayer focus. And consist with "LINES". What name would be more ASO - centric! "Logic Lines"? "Two Lines" or just "Lines".? Thanks a lot!

Or maybee you give me some other name as alternative!

Last edited:

honghoand

Aug 21, 2014

could you tell me ur web address

Generic Field

Aug 29, 2014

Thanks for your tips.

For #2, what is the optimal length of description?
I made the description as simply as possible as people don't read text. But it is too short and seems it doesn't work well with SEO.

angelgavipo

Jun 25, 2012
ASO is stand for app store optimization which is a process of optimizing an app in any app store to maximize the visiblity. It just like a SEO where people search for their query on search engines and gets SERP (Search engine result pages) listing for their query.

Some more important point of ASO
Primary factor
Keywords
Logo
App description
App category
App screen shots
Secondary factors
Number of downloads
Rating and reviews

Rating and reviews is the first for me. Android use this for rate an app and put this on the top.

uwe.dd

Jun 2, 2015

I think it'd be a good idea to use the same techniques as in SEO. Link building is essential. Post comments on blogs that are related to your app, or app development in general. That way you'll get more downloads :)

7adaf10

May 7, 2015
ASO

the important part is about Keywords - high traffic & low competetion and use your keywords in App Name.
Great Icon
Video
use call in the description
Nice Screenshots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A small ASO guide

PM me if you need more help related to app store optimization.