[APP] SudokuMobile v0.8

Search This thread

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Hi, some time ago I've made a Sudoku game for PC and now I'm trying to make a similar one for WM. I want it to be fast and simple, so there are no graphics.

VGA preview:
attachment.php
attachment.php

WQVGA preview:
attachment.php

TO DO:
  • downloading levels from the Internet

Changelog:
Code:
21 VIII - ver 0.8a:
- fixed a serious bug

21 VIII - ver 0.8:
- from now on only one version for all resolutions!
- autosave option added
- possibility to choose your own alternative input colour
- some minor bugs fixed

20 VIII - ver 0.7:
- released for WVGA, QVGA and WQVGA

17 VIII - ver 0.7 (only VGA):
- fixed some bugs
- improvements in layout
- new functions like pause, alternative color input, etc.
- new levels
- possibility to edit and add you own levels

15 VIII - ver 0.6c:
- fixed some more bugs
- QVGA version released

14 VIII - ver 0.6b:
- another major bug fixed + some minor ones

13 VIII - ver 0.6:
- WVGA version released

13 VIII - ver 0.6:
- fixed some major bugs, mainly the one with files not found
- improved layout (thanks paw3lk for the concept)

5 VIII - ver 0.5b:
- hopefully fixed bug with .NetCF 3.5 - not needed any more

5 VIII - ver 0.5:
- added 3 new levels (though without solve and check functions - need to update the solving algorithm)
- added a screen to add your own level

30 VII - ver 0.4:
- added saving/loading game state
- added Light colour theme
- some tweaks

27 VII - ver 0.3:
- fixed some bugs
- improved layout
- scores sorting is working

25 VII - ver 0.2:
- added levels, timer, highscore rank (needs score sorting)

24 VII - ver 0.1:
- first release (VGA)

Big thanks to:
- paw3lk for bug reporting and giving ideas
- mrwangkai for the article
- anyone who reported a bug or supports this app

Of course it's freeware, but if you like the app or want to encourage me to develop it further - - thanks :)

Attachments

• vga71.png
    vga71.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 6,706
  • vga72.png
    vga72.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 6,593
  • qw71.png
    qw71.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 6,157
Last edited:

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
I came back yesterday from vacation and immediately started to work on the app - in the first post there's an update. This is an alpha version, there can be bugs and not everything's done still, but let's treat it as a preview how will the app look :)

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Version 0.2 is out. I've added a timer, few levels and a highscore rank (needs score sorting though).

Any feedback would be great. I know there are some bugs, but many of them can be hidden so please test the app :)

liBruce

Feb 26, 2009
Version 0.2 is out. I've added a timer, few levels and a highscore rank (needs score sorting though).

Any feedback would be great. I know there are some bugs, but many of them can be hidden so please test the app :)

Thanks for developing this apps!

I've just downloaded and had a try. just two little suggestions:

The color of given numbers are too bright and the input numbers are too small, both making is very difficult to see. It would be good if you can add a function such as allowing users to customize the font. Or you can set the color of given numbers as black and input number as blue.

Other than that, so far it works great. thank you!

Marshal

Dec 1, 2007
hi, i realy like the game, but i dont realy get how the "check function" works.

how can i see if my solution is right or wrong?

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Thanks for the feedback! Version 0.3 is out. Not many changes, mainly few serious bugs are fixed, so that the app is now fully playable (hope so :D).

@liBruce, temporarily I've changed the colours. The idea of customizing the colours and fonts is good, I'll work on that!

@Marshal, Menu>Check on. The good ones will be green and the bad ones - red. Press Check off to switch off the check function :)

@darrenn, I'm planning to release this for QVGA. When? I don't know, it depends on how much time will I have and how many bugs will there be...

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008

Version 0.4 is out. Added Light colour theme, saving/loading game state and some minor tweaks. Any feedback would be great ;)

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Anyone having a problem on WM6.5 with NetCF 3.5? I've got a report of such a bug and I'm curious if aynone else has a problem. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

usrname

Aug 20, 2007
I do have problems with netcf3.5 message on my blackstone, although 3.5 is cooked into my rom (GER PAQ HD 2.6 WM6.1)

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
When do you get this message? When running the app or installing it? If the latter, could you please try to unpack the package from the attachment, copy the files to Device\Program Files\sudokumob and see if it's ok. Thanks!

Attachments

• sudokumob.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 26

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Version 0.5 out - changes in 1st post :) Now my aim is to try to rewrite the app from C# to C++, so that .NetCF 3.5 won't be needed anymore.

Kamill

Sep 28, 2008
Sorry for the triple post in a row, but I think I've solved the .NetCF 3.5 issue - hopefully it's not required any more and there won't be no bugs. Please try the new 0.5b version :)

usrname

Aug 20, 2007
sorry, I didn't answer your post... i installed version 0.5b on my blackstone (WM6.5 RTT RC1) and still having the .NET CF 3.5 issue :( installation is working without problems but running the program is impossible.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 19