• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App suggestion] Battery Charge Limit

Search This thread

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
This is app is a must have and thought I'd share. Like everywhere I have read, they say battery should not be charged to 100%, it will hurt the battery somehow. This app "Battery Charge Limit" automatically (with root) stops charging the phone at whatever percent you want and starts charging back up at whatever percent you want. So you can always stop before it hits 100. It can be used without root but it only notifies you and you have to manually unplug the phone to stop charging. Better with root since its automatic.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slash.batterychargelimit

Diaze

Jun 8, 2012
Don't charge to 100%
Slow charge only
Don't quick charge
Don't use wireless charger because it heats up the battery
Lower brightness to 10% for best battery life
Disable wifi/lte/nfc/bluetooth for best battery life
Enjoy your $1000 phone! :rolleyes:
Keep it turned off for a better batter longevity ??
Damn thos people are more preocupied of how to prevent the battery wear than actually enjoying this amazing phone

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
Well coming from an HTC device where after like what 6 months, my battery starts dying much quicker and hopefully this app and the nature of Samsung makes my phone battery last longer. Never owned a Samsung, so I don't know how the battery lasts over time.

nukeclears

Jul 26, 2012
This is a myth, modern phones already prevent damage from overcharging with the charge controller in the phone. Fast charging and slow charging also does not make a difference in battery longevity.

Just use your phone like a phone.

anguscook

Aug 23, 2008
Austin TX
Yeah no

@nukeclears you need to bone up a bit more on battery chemistry before making statements like this. Overcharging is very different from charging to 80%. That's why Apple just implemented a charge limit in ios13 and Tesla strongly recommend charging to 80/90% max for daily use. Samsung just don't want to do this because they haven't felt enough pressure. I'll bet they implement it on the S11 and then for all phones by the end of the year.

Reactions: SilentDevGuy

Mohamedkam000

You guys do need to go through all this? For what?
I have a Note 3 with battery since 2014 or 15, it still gives me the same power, sometimes it's better than it first was.
Charging fast/slow doesn't affect anything, I'm doing so for years.

I really don't think batteries die, if you felt it's weakening, just change OS, not the battery.

ninestarkoko

Nov 26, 2013
Samsung themselves, on the s10 series, suggest to charge from 30% to 80% everytime you need a charge.
In my daily usage, stopping charge to 90% is enough and I have all the juice i need till the next day.
If you are rooted, Battery Charge Limit app can be very useful to optimize the life of your battery (remember: battery is the first hardware component that ages your phone). On my 2015's Sony phone, they wanted me to pay 75 euros for battery replacement...

SilentDevGuy

Feb 10, 2021
This thread is full of people who know nothing of batteries.

I bet your phone battery does "feel" the same after years when your os pushed that update that permanently limited your frequencys lmao.

Reactions: Bunsenbrenner

SilentDevGuy

Feb 10, 2021
Don't charge to 100%
Slow charge only
Don't quick charge
Enjoy replacing it every year because phone batteries are becoming more commonly HARD GLUED into place. So go ahead, switch the whole phone out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it will hurt the battery somehow.

Don't charge to 100%
    Slow charge only
    Don't quick charge
    Don't charge to 100%
    Slow charge only
    Don't quick charge
    Keep it turned off for a better batter longevity ??
    Damn thos people are more preocupied of how to prevent the battery wear than actually enjoying this amazing phone
    This is app is a must have and thought I'd share. Like everywhere I have read, they say battery should not be charged to 100%, it will hurt the battery somehow. This app "Battery Charge Limit" automatically (with root) stops charging the phone at whatever percent you want and starts charging back up at whatever percent you want. So you can always stop before it hits 100. It can be used without root but it only notifies you and you have to manually unplug the phone to stop charging. Better with root since its automatic.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slash.batterychargelimit
    This is a myth, modern phones already prevent damage from overcharging with the charge controller in the phone. Fast charging and slow charging also does not make a difference in battery longevity.

Just use your phone like a phone.
    Yeah no

@nukeclears you need to bone up a bit more on battery chemistry before making statements like this. Overcharging is very different from charging to 80%. That's why Apple just implemented a charge limit in ios13 and Tesla strongly recommend charging to 80/90% max for daily use. Samsung just don't want to do this because they haven't felt enough pressure. I'll bet they implement it on the S11 and then for all phones by the end of the year.