[APP] Super Simple Sleep Timer - Silence any audio app after a period of time [4.0+]

Search This thread

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Hey guys,

Just a small utility I wrote for personal use which I thought I'd share in case anyone else finds it useful. As the title says, you set which audio app you want to stop after a set period of time, simple as that.

I personally use it before I go to sleep with either Umano or Pocket Casts, both have sleep timers but I find this much quicker to setup and use. Plus it has a lower volume option so it can tune it down to silence rather then just abruptly stopping the music.

Play Store Link

Any issues let me know, otherwise enjoy :)

Attachments

• device-2014-01-16-155412.png
    device-2014-01-16-155412.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • device-2014-01-16-155346.png
    device-2014-01-16-155346.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 1,293
  • device-2014-01-16-155400.png
    device-2014-01-16-155400.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 1,289
  • device-2014-01-16-155435.png
    device-2014-01-16-155435.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,032
Last edited:

MiZoSpaDe

Sep 23, 2012
Cairo
i wanted one ..... really big thanks :good:
edit: here is what happened... the mx player app appears 3 times in the list... also i would love to have more than 60min option... and the app is unusable in the landscape mode..but still good work after all :thumbup:

Last edited:

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
i wanted one ..... really big thanks :good:
edit: here is what happened... the mx player app appears 3 times in the list... also i would love to have more than 60min option... and the app is unusable in the landscape mode..but still good work after all :thumbup:

Good shout about the landscape mode, I'll fix that. And I'll remove the duplicates too thanks for the feedback :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dagnan

Sep 23, 2010
Nice little app!
For me the landscape mode is working just fine!

Just a question: Are you planning on adding a widget (or a notification) for knowing how much time is left before stopping?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388763302953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388763302953.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 632

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New update is up:
- Fixed landscape mode
- Fixed duplicate apps in the list
Nice little app!

Just a question: Are you planning on adding a widget (or a notification) for knowing how much time is left before stopping?

I wanna keep it as simple as possible, I might add a widget for quickly settings the timer but not sure if I want to add a notification though. FYI you can cancel the timer anytime by just setting it at 0.

Allen Hu

May 17, 2012
New update is up:
- Fixed landscape mode
- Fixed duplicate apps in the list

I wanna keep it as simple as possible, I might add a widget for quickly settings the timer but not sure if I want to add a notification though. FYI you can cancel the timer anytime by just setting it at 0.

You can add option by stopping at "which song" too!:laugh:

Chronzy

Jun 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Worked fine in Poweramp, which has a built in sleep timer. Didn't work for me in HBO GO or Netflix. Would be nice to have those working for when I put on a movie I will almost certainly fall asleep to. But certainly not a complaint for a free app, more of a heads up. Thanks for your work!

remmie80

Sep 29, 2010
Nice! I have not had the chance to test it yet, but I was looking for an app like this for spotify.
I would like to request an option to turn off my Bluetooth as well, because I use Bluetooth headphones.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mrcartagena2000

May 21, 2009
PNW
Excellent app well done! thank you for the simplicity and keeping it free. It takes a lot of time and effort to put stuff together no complaints! BTW for the people who insist on new features i am sure donations motivate lol where is a p.p. link i would like to hit you with a fiver :)

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Some suggestions, hope you don't mind.

Long durations than 1 hour (maybe like the Google calender selection, one outer circle for hours, inner circle for minutes).
Bigger gaps between 60 and 0 (more than once I want to set it to 60 and it goes to 0)
Make the press-able buttons more obvious (I didn't realize I had to press the button to activate the function, same for the lower volume option - the top part of the "Set sleep timer" button is too faint imho, more so on my old Nexus 7 than my Nexus 5.)

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Could this switch off the music player entirely rather than muting and pausing the song?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
What's the difference? All of the apps I have seen only have the option to play or pause..
Worked fine in Poweramp, which has a built in sleep timer. Didn't work for me in HBO GO or Netflix. Would be nice to have those working for when I put on a movie I will almost certainly fall asleep to. But certainly not a complaint for a free app, more of a heads up. Thanks for your work!
Hmm, I don't have NetFlix to test but does it pause if you press pause on a bluetooth device (if you have one to test), and are you sure you had it selected from the list at the time?
Excellent app well done! thank you for the simplicity and keeping it free. It takes a lot of time and effort to put stuff together no complaints! BTW for the people who insist on new features i am sure donations motivate lol where is a p.p. link i would like to hit you with a fiver :)
Haha usually I'm always open to new feature but to keep this simple as possible I wanted to limit it to setting the time and app and that's it. Maybe I'll make a donate version which some of people's suggestions, if you want to donate though there's a donate button under my avatar :)
Some suggestions, hope you don't mind.

Long durations than 1 hour (maybe like the Google calender selection, one outer circle for hours, inner circle for minutes).
Bigger gaps between 60 and 0 (more than once I want to set it to 60 and it goes to 0)
Make the press-able buttons more obvious (I didn't realize I had to press the button to activate the function, same for the lower volume option - the top part of the "Set sleep timer" button is too faint imho, more so on my old Nexus 7 than my Nexus 5.)

What I can do is make the number in the center editable so if you want more than 60 minutes you can just type it in, and yeah I'll make it so you can't infinitely go round the spinner to stop that between 60 and 0.

And hmm, what if I lose the button altogether and have it automatically set once you've set the time..

Reactions: kenkiller

barbro__

Sep 20, 2013
Very nice app!
A suggestion, hope you don't mind.
It would be nice to have an "all" option in the app drop down which broadcasts pause to all apps (it would make the app even simpler from a user perspective at least.)

Reactions: crazyfool_1

crow25k

Sep 20, 2010
Galaxy note 8 wifi

:good: Works great on Galaxy note 8 wifi [ROM][4.2.2][N5110/N5100/N5120] CivZ-FLEX-BEAM-REV3.6.2 + SphereXtreme [28/nov/2013]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Just a small utility I wrote for personal use which I thought I'd share in case anyone else finds it useful. As the title says, you set which audio app you want to stop after a set period of time, simple as that.

I personally use it before I go to sleep with either Umano or Pocket Casts, both have sleep timers but I find this much quicker to setup and use. Plus it has a lower volume option so it can tune it down to silence rather then just abruptly stopping the music.

Play Store Link

Any issues let me know, otherwise enjoy :)
    New build is up:
    - Added an "all" option which will pause all apps (although I've noticed that PowerAmp will start playing if it's already paused when it receives the pause command)
    - The progress number is now editable so you can set any amount of time you want
    New update will be up shortly to fix the broken landscape mode :) (Sorry about that)
    Nice little app!

FYI guys it's also now on the Play Store :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone