[App][Support]WearFaces - Create your own custom watchfaces for Android Wear!

Search This thread

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
Is there any watch faces that have the hands with the digital time in the middle with like two middle dials that read the date and what not? Kind of the stock moto 360 one that has the different time zone in the smaller dials.

I don't really get what you mean, sorry. But wearfaces lets you create your own watchfaces or look under if something fits your taste: http://wearfaces.com/featured/

idle0095

Dec 15, 2006
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
I don't really get what you mean, sorry. But wearfaces lets you create your own watchfaces or look under if something fits your taste: http://wearfaces.com/featured/

Basically i want a watch face that is analog but in the middle has the digital time. Then two smaller dials that read the date month and the next one would read the day of the month. Kind of like the one motorola put on the moto 360 but has two different time zones in the dials.

dj_1

Sep 13, 2014
Show your wearfaces on desktop

1. download a wearface pack from e.g. wearfaces.com/featured/ in a subfolder
2. open clockpic.svg with parameter foldername, e.g. clockpic.svg?swiss
(if use without parameter foldername is default)

Attachments

• clockpic.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 50
  • clockpicdigi.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 20
  • weather-add-on.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 22
  • clockpic-moonedition.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

2k4ever

Nov 11, 2010
1. download a wearface pack from e.g. wearfaces.com/featured/ in a subfolder
2. open clockpic.svg with parameter foldername, e.g. clockpic.svg?swiss
(if use without parameter foldername is default)
thanks, really good idea
however, you have to adapt the height and width in the first line (should be 320 instead of 80)

gleff1

Dec 7, 2009
New featured watchface for WearFaces: Carl Freeman made Dark Analogue

analogue-by-Carl-Freeman-300x288.jpg

Download this watchface pack for WearFaces here:
http://wearfaces.com/dark-analogue/

I'm loving the Dark-Analogue wearface watch face.. Any chance of making as a square face though? I have a Gear Live. Also, is it possible to have a Dim version as well... When the watch goes dim, I get a completely different watch face.

Thanks
Geoff

aridoasis

Jan 11, 2009
Surrey
I'm still waiting for my watch to arrive. I came across this app and couldn't resist. Here is my first shot at it (please be gentle).

Attachments

• dial_dim.png
    dial_dim.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Reactions: expressive87

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
is there a way to create an API of these? I'm just worried without it, it's just an app running at 100% which kills the battery

In fact it is not an app running at 100%. It is a homescreen background activity which gets drawn when the system clock refreshes it. Therefore it will not affect your battery more than any official watchfaces. But it is in fact in a kind of beta state at the moment, as all the Android Wear developers have to wait for the official watchface API which will be released some day from Google.

I get almost 2 days out of my LG G Watch running WearFaces, so there is absolutely no battery drain.

See also the new released watchface pack by Carl Freeman: http://wearfaces.com/function-watchface-by-carl-freeman/

function-promo.png

Learic

May 11, 2007
I received my watch today and I immediately wanted to create a custom watch face. Using the wearface template that you provided on the website made it simple and easy but I have one question! Is there an easy way to mark the ticks so it lines up correctly? I'm trying to figure out how to add ticks that don't suffer jagged edges but using photoshop seems to lose the clarity!

Here's what I have so far..

Attachments

• dlair_m360.png
    dlair_m360.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
I received my watch today and I immediately wanted to create a custom watch face. Using the wearface template that you provided on the website made it simple and easy but I have one question! Is there an easy way to mark the ticks so it lines up correctly? I'm trying to figure out how to add ticks that don't suffer jagged edges but using photoshop seems to lose the clarity!

Here's what I have so far..

Nice, that you use WearFaces. What exactly do you mean by ticks? The minute marks in a round circle? You can make a line and copy rotate it around the middle point in 6 degrees for minutes. Answers this you question? Or do you mean, that the images are have edges on the watch? This is due to the still missing Watchface API by Google.

Learic

May 11, 2007
Ah, 6 degrees is what I was looking for! I was trying to mess around in photoshop and every time I rotated the shape, it became very jagged on the edges of the line so it didn't look good and I wasn't sure of the degrees and exact placement that they should be set in the image for the 5, 10, 20, 25, marks!

Basic math would have helped me out but it was late when I started working on this since I received my watch late in the day! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    her-own-design-Uhrart.png

Hello, I'm the dev of WearFaces and I saw, that _MinusZero_ made a thread on XDA. But to provide better information and ressources here is now the official support thread, where you can post your custom wearfaces, suggestions and issues.

WearFaces - Play Store Link

hellologo1.png
    custom_wear_logo.png
    1.png
    3.png

WearFaces is a free App for all Android Wear devices. It brings you ready made quality design watchfaces, but more important:
    It allows you to easily create own custom wearfaces for your own device. Simply choose some picture and you are good to go.

HOW TO USE WEARFACE PACKS

1. Simply download a wearface pack from http://wearfaces.com/featured/ onto your device/DropBox/Google Drive.
    2. Open the WearFace App and import the zip (ES File Explorer works best)
    3. Hit "Send to Wear", wait some seconds till data transfer is finished and reapply the custom wearface.

HOW-TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN:

1. Design your own watchface by creating pictures for the dial, hourhand, minutehand and the secondshand and the according dimmed states. (best 320x320px and .png format) Or download premade wearface packs from users on www.wearfaces.com/featured/
    2. Save your own custom watch face files on your device/Dropbox/Google Drive.
    4. Start the WearFaces App and choose the different files. (Note: On the image pick dialog, a file explorer like ES File Explorer works best).
    5. Hit "Send to Wear", wait until the dialog opens on the watch. After the progress bar finishes you can apply the "Custom WearFace" from the wacthface picker.

If you have issues look in the FAQ or write an email to [email protected] and explain your problem in detail

Features of current Version 1.15

- customize the *dimmed state* of the clock
    - import/download watchface packs from wearfaces.com/featured/
    - german translation added (more will follow soon)
    - Dropbox/Google Drive support
    - data transfer updated
    - reworked all dimed state pictures
    - 4 quality watch face designs from the talented designer Ryan M. Kelly (ryanmkelly.me)
    - 2 additional designs from me
    - 1 design from Georgios Mn.
    - change dial, hour hand, minutes hand and seconds hand
    - support for Moto360, LG G Watch, Samsung GEAR Live

Please post your custom wearfaces in this thread or in the Google+ Group. Also discussions, feedback and issues are welcome.

Visit also the official site: wearfaces.com for more information.

Kind regards
    Albrecht
    D
    Deleted member 3988348
    Mechanicle Watchface

The final of my Watchface version for LG G Watch!

i2gHPvI.jpg

A9NxZFF.png

You could download images here.
    Update 118 released

So you wanted to add digital clock functions or date support. Here it is! :cowboy:
    Also you can now export and share with one click your creation!

Edit the font, color, size and the Information that gets shown.

Read the HOW TO of the new features:
    http://wearfaces.com/wearfaces-updated-digital-clock-watchface/

update1181.png
    Beautiful app. Was wondering if you planned on adding some placeholders for weather, date or maybe next item on the agenda?

Thank you!
    Currently I have implemented the ability to add date/time in textform. The update just needs some last tests and will be released in the next days. Adding Weather is planned as for the near future. The other I will also implement, thank for these suggestions.
    Currently I'm extremly busy with my work. But I think in Octobre the update rate will better.
    Issue will be looked at!

exactly as me, yeah the dial is no issue, but the hands is a no go, i've tried even clearing app data, un-installing and re-installing, and still no go, maybe it just don't like the Nexus 5, lol.

Ok, I look into it!! Some people have this issue and others not. I have to debug this. So wait for the update.