[App][Support]WearFaces - Create your own custom watchfaces for Android Wear!

Search This thread

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
WearFaces - aka Android Wear Faces Creator got updated to 1.22

- Android 5.0 compatibility
- additional Wearface toggle added
- image quality improved
- removed annoying messages
- receiver icon removed from wear mini launcher
- squareWear dimmed mode fixed

Have fun and tell me if you have problems ([email protected]).
Please make a fresh install if you have problems.

nyvram1

Apr 20, 2010
i'm really having problems with this app.

i've downloaded it..and it seems ok..but when i go to import any 'zip' i download from the site in my 'downloads' folder..they're showing grayed out.

if i download the zip to my gdrive and try to import from there, nothing happens.

i can't seem to figure out why none of the watch faces will load on my phone (nexus 5)

ETA nevermind..figured out i have to use ES explorer or you can't import them. Using gdrive or trying to navigate to downloads folder doesn't work.

Last edited:

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
i'm really having problems with this app.

i've downloaded it..and it seems ok..but when i go to import any 'zip' i download from the site in my 'downloads' folder..they're showing grayed out.

if i download the zip to my gdrive and try to import from there, nothing happens.

i can't seem to figure out why none of the watch faces will load on my phone (nexus 5)

ETA nevermind..figured out i have to use ES explorer or you can't import them. Using gdrive or trying to navigate to downloads folder doesn't work.

Yes, you are right. Curretnly only ES File Explorer and Totalcommander and Dropbox is supported. GDrive has some issues beacuse they use a different data structure and the original file picker does not allow zip files, as they are seen as a security issue (which in our case is not true)

I work on a solution...

raafaell

Feb 3, 2011
Moto Glow

Hi there, great app!

here's my first Moto 360 Watch Face, feel free to use it and share!

Download here

Feel free to donate if you liked it. :fingers-crossed:

motoglowdemo.png

Last edited:
Reactions: demonicangell™

william58

Mar 31, 2011
Tacoma
www.moskovita-photography.com
her-own-design-Uhrart.png

Hello, I'm the dev of WearFaces and I saw, that _MinusZero_ made a thread on XDA. But to provide better information and ressources here is now the official support thread, where you can post your custom wearfaces, suggestions and issues.

WearFaces - Play Store Link

hellologo1.png
custom_wear_logo.png
1.png
3.png

WearFaces is a free App for all Android Wear devices. It brings you ready made quality design watchfaces, but more important:
It allows you to easily create own custom wearfaces for your own device. Simply choose some picture and you are good to go.

HOW TO USE WEARFACE PACKS

1. Simply download a wearface pack from http://wearfaces.com/featured/ onto your device/DropBox/Google Drive.
2. Open the WearFace App and import the zip (ES File Explorer works best)
3. Hit "Send to Wear", wait some seconds till data transfer is finished and reapply the custom wearface.

HOW-TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN:

1. Design your own watchface by creating pictures for the dial, hourhand, minutehand and the secondshand and the according dimmed states. (best 320x320px and .png format) Or download premade wearface packs from users on www.wearfaces.com/featured/
2. Save your own custom watch face files on your device/Dropbox/Google Drive.
4. Start the WearFaces App and choose the different files. (Note: On the image pick dialog, a file explorer like ES File Explorer works best).
5. Hit "Send to Wear", wait until the dialog opens on the watch. After the progress bar finishes you can apply the "Custom WearFace" from the wacthface picker.

If you have issues look in the FAQ or write an email to [email protected] and explain your problem in detail

Features of current Version 1.15

- customize the *dimmed state* of the clock
- import/download watchface packs from wearfaces.com/featured/
- german translation added (more will follow soon)
- Dropbox/Google Drive support
- data transfer updated
- reworked all dimed state pictures
- 4 quality watch face designs from the talented designer Ryan M. Kelly (ryanmkelly.me)
- 2 additional designs from me
- 1 design from Georgios Mn.
- change dial, hour hand, minutes hand and seconds hand
- support for Moto360, LG G Watch, Samsung GEAR Live

Please post your custom wearfaces in this thread or in the Google+ Group. Also discussions, feedback and issues are welcome.

Visit also the official site: wearfaces.com for more information.

Kind regards
Albrecht
Does this work with Gear Live?

dj_1

Sep 13, 2014
Show your wearfaces on desktop Version2

Open zip (without unzip) or images

click right side of clock to edit information,
bottom side to change color,
left side to dimm
use mouse to update position,
use wheel to update height

newest version on developer.mozilla.org/demos

Attachments

• clockpic_V2.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 76
  • clockpic_V2.1a.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 58
  • clockpic_faceedition_beta.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

UndCon

Feb 15, 2010
Hello!

I tried to make a new design using the templates and all images seems OK. I'm using GIMP for editing the images BTW.

The face shows up nicely in the app, I can add hour, minute and second hands and I can add them in dimmed mode as well.

Then I hit the button to transfer to wear and it takes a while (BT speeds) and I change faces on the watch to reinitialize the face.

Now It doesnt show up properly...(Using LG Gwatch R)

It switches between the fully lit face and the dimmed face - but then it gets stucked with the yellow BG and red hands...text says DIAL 320*320px

So the 2 modes does not work properly?

BR
UndCon

Last edited:

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
Hi sometimes the Data Transfer is stuck. Please try to restart the watch and resync. I have a fix almost ready for release coming this week.

Hello!

I tried to make a new design using the templates and all images seems OK. I'm using GIMP for editing the images BTW.

The face shows up nicely in the app, I can add hour, minute and second hands and I can add them in dimmed mode as well.

Then I hit the button to transfer to wear and it takes a while (BT speeds) and I change faces on the watch to reinitialize the face.

Now It doesnt show up properly...(Using LG Gwatch R)

It switches between the fully lit face and the dimmed face - but then it gets stucked with the yellow BG and red hands...text says DIAL 320*320px

So the 2 modes does not work properly?

BR
UndCon

braders2k

Feb 26, 2011
Am i being really silly but how to i import the zip file to wearfaces?

Ive tried clicking "import wearfaces pack" from the app and try to select the zip file but its greyed out?

And cant see in ES file explorer how to send it accross?

Any ideas? Sorry if im being silly.

boggissimo

Jan 16, 2015
Utility to help use own photos as watch face images

Is there a utility to help my own photos look good in WearFaces? I realise that I could go into a picture editor to customise specific shots to make them the right size/orientation etc but I wondered if anyone has written something to avoid having to do it yourself?

Something that could use a picture file on my phone, allow me to crop/select a specific part of an image, rotate (if necessary), set the size and shape, and then stick that into the WearFace would be ideal.

It would be nice to be able to select different images, or even make a folder of randomly selected shots as in the 500 px face.

Cheers!

dj_1

Sep 13, 2014
Utility to help use own photos as watch face images

something like this
tested with chrome on xperia u

FAQ:
can't Browse...: don't open with HtmlViewer,
open with Browser (file:///sdcard/Download/utility.htm) or ES-FileExpl. (More-Open As-Other-Browser)

Attachments

• utility.zip
    907 bytes · Views: 31
  • utility_touch.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Hi. Love the app but worried about screen burn in on lg g watch r. Does watch maker use screen shifting or some kind of burn in protection. Thanks for a great app

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

expressive87

Jun 16, 2013
WearFaces runs now on the official watchface API

I rewrote the whole watchface engine to support the official watchface API. You get sweeping second hands, better ambient mode, battery improvements and customization directly from the Android Wear companion app.

Please be sure to have at least Android 5.0.1 on your watch.

RELEASE4.png

Find all the watchfaces on: http://wearfaces.com/featured/
Expect more in near future!

Reactions: Gibbothegreat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    her-own-design-Uhrart.png

Hello, I'm the dev of WearFaces and I saw, that _MinusZero_ made a thread on XDA. But to provide better information and ressources here is now the official support thread, where you can post your custom wearfaces, suggestions and issues.

WearFaces - Play Store Link

hellologo1.png
    custom_wear_logo.png
    1.png
    3.png

WearFaces is a free App for all Android Wear devices. It brings you ready made quality design watchfaces, but more important:
    It allows you to easily create own custom wearfaces for your own device. Simply choose some picture and you are good to go.

HOW TO USE WEARFACE PACKS

1. Simply download a wearface pack from http://wearfaces.com/featured/ onto your device/DropBox/Google Drive.
    2. Open the WearFace App and import the zip (ES File Explorer works best)
    3. Hit "Send to Wear", wait some seconds till data transfer is finished and reapply the custom wearface.

HOW-TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN:

1. Design your own watchface by creating pictures for the dial, hourhand, minutehand and the secondshand and the according dimmed states. (best 320x320px and .png format) Or download premade wearface packs from users on www.wearfaces.com/featured/
    2. Save your own custom watch face files on your device/Dropbox/Google Drive.
    4. Start the WearFaces App and choose the different files. (Note: On the image pick dialog, a file explorer like ES File Explorer works best).
    5. Hit "Send to Wear", wait until the dialog opens on the watch. After the progress bar finishes you can apply the "Custom WearFace" from the wacthface picker.

If you have issues look in the FAQ or write an email to [email protected] and explain your problem in detail

Features of current Version 1.15

- customize the *dimmed state* of the clock
    - import/download watchface packs from wearfaces.com/featured/
    - german translation added (more will follow soon)
    - Dropbox/Google Drive support
    - data transfer updated
    - reworked all dimed state pictures
    - 4 quality watch face designs from the talented designer Ryan M. Kelly (ryanmkelly.me)
    - 2 additional designs from me
    - 1 design from Georgios Mn.
    - change dial, hour hand, minutes hand and seconds hand
    - support for Moto360, LG G Watch, Samsung GEAR Live

Please post your custom wearfaces in this thread or in the Google+ Group. Also discussions, feedback and issues are welcome.

Visit also the official site: wearfaces.com for more information.

Kind regards
    Albrecht
    D
    Deleted member 3988348
    Mechanicle Watchface

The final of my Watchface version for LG G Watch!

i2gHPvI.jpg

A9NxZFF.png

You could download images here.
    Update 118 released

So you wanted to add digital clock functions or date support. Here it is! :cowboy:
    Also you can now export and share with one click your creation!

Edit the font, color, size and the Information that gets shown.

Read the HOW TO of the new features:
    http://wearfaces.com/wearfaces-updated-digital-clock-watchface/

update1181.png
    Beautiful app. Was wondering if you planned on adding some placeholders for weather, date or maybe next item on the agenda?

Thank you!
    Currently I have implemented the ability to add date/time in textform. The update just needs some last tests and will be released in the next days. Adding Weather is planned as for the near future. The other I will also implement, thank for these suggestions.
    Currently I'm extremly busy with my work. But I think in Octobre the update rate will better.
    Issue will be looked at!

exactly as me, yeah the dial is no issue, but the hands is a no go, i've tried even clearing app data, un-installing and re-installing, and still no go, maybe it just don't like the Nexus 5, lol.

Ok, I look into it!! Some people have this issue and others not. I have to debug this. So wait for the update.