[App][Support]WearFaces - Create your own custom watchfaces for Android Wear!

Search This thread

ChriKn

Apr 18, 2012
France / Germany
It would be great to import multiple watchfaces and be able to select on the go from the phone without having to import everytime you want to change.
(a bit like how facer shows you a gallery of your watchfaces)
Being able to chosse directly from the watch would be the killer feature for me.
Thisapp has the more impressive and elegant design, but the lesser usability and UI/UX from my view at the moment.

But still a big thank you ! will try to donate as soon as possible !

vTeritron

Jan 7, 2019
Please help me!!! Or give me a link where I can find a solution or people who knows how it works!

I developed a Android/GoogleWear watchface in Android Studio. Basically I modified the given one in android studio with this very ugly dog.

It works perfect in the round and square emulator and perfect on my real smartwatch, Ticwatch E, via USB.

Now I want to deploy it in the Google PlayStore.

First I read that nowadays (WearOS 2.0) no longer an additional phone app is required, just the wear app (watchface). Therefor I generated a signed apk out of it and put it on playstore. But this app was neither compatibel with any of my phones (of course it is only for the smartwatch), but also not compatible for my smartwatch. So I expected that the build is somehow not correct.

The I go the way to have an additional phone app. I open a new project with a wear and a phone part/module. Then I build the signed wear apk and then the signed phone apk from that android studio project. I uploaded both into the same playstore app, assuming on phones the phone apk is used and on the smartphone the smartphone apk. Now the app is possible to install from playstore at the phone and I can open it. Somewhere it is said, that once the phone app is installed at a smartphone, the watchface will be synced to the smartwatch. But this does not happen. The watchface is even not visible in the google wear app!

Must the wear app but inserted into the phone app too? I have read also some people saying this, but why Android Studio is not doing this by default?

Pleace can I get a hint, how this puzzle will work together. Please!

vTeritron

Jan 7, 2019
Please help me!!! Or give me a link where I can find a solution or people who knows how it works!

I developed a Android/GoogleWear watchface in Android Studio. Basically I modified the given one in android studio with this very ugly dog.

It works perfect in the round and square emulator and perfect on my real smartwatch, Ticwatch E, via USB.

Now I want to deploy it in the Google PlayStore.

First I read that nowadays (WearOS 2.0) no longer an additional phone app is required, just the wear app (watchface). Therefor I generated a signed apk out of it and put it on playstore. But this app was neither compatibel with any of my phones (of course it is only for the smartwatch), but also not compatible for my smartwatch. So I expected that the build is somehow not correct.

The I go the way to have an additional phone app. I open a new project with a wear and a phone part/module. Then I build the signed wear apk and then the signed phone apk from that android studio project. I uploaded both into the same playstore app, assuming on phones the phone apk is used and on the smartphone the smartphone apk. Now the app is possible to install from playstore at the phone and I can open it. Somewhere it is said, that once the phone app is installed at a smartphone, the watchface will be synced to the smartwatch. But this does not happen. The watchface is even not visible in the google wear app!

Must the wear app but inserted into the phone app too? I have read also some people saying this, but why Android Studio is not doing this by default?

Pleace can I get a hint, how this puzzle will work together. Please!

EDIT:

I got it working. At least the traditional way of installation of a android wear watchface. That means first installing an app on the smartphone, and when the android wear smartwatch is connected with the smartphone via bluetooth, the containing watchface is transferred to the watch. Additionally a notification is poping up at the smartwatch that a new watchface is available.

Since this is working, I did not look for the other installation way for wear watches with version 2.x which can be directly installed at the watch going into google playstore. Maybe when there is time.

So how I achieved to achieve traditional installation way:
First an Android Studio Projekt has to be created, where both an phone/mobile part and a wear part is selected. In the manifest of the wear part the following was necessary
android:name="com.google.android.wearable.standalone"
android:value="false"
If it is set to "yes" it does not work.
Now simply the mobile part has to be exported as signed APK. AndroidStudio automatically includes the wear part into this APK as well. This generated APK can then be uploaded and released in PlayStore.
The mobile part just needs a simple activity with no more functionality. Only if you want to provide settings for the watchface to be controlled from smartphone it will need more functionality. But I did not do this. This simply activity is called when the uploaded app is installed and executed at the smartphone. I just show a message at that activity, to inform the user that the watchface in now registered, and will be available at the smartwatch, when the watch and the smartphone will be connected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    her-own-design-Uhrart.png

Hello, I'm the dev of WearFaces and I saw, that _MinusZero_ made a thread on XDA. But to provide better information and ressources here is now the official support thread, where you can post your custom wearfaces, suggestions and issues.

WearFaces - Play Store Link

hellologo1.png
    custom_wear_logo.png
    1.png
    3.png

WearFaces is a free App for all Android Wear devices. It brings you ready made quality design watchfaces, but more important:
    It allows you to easily create own custom wearfaces for your own device. Simply choose some picture and you are good to go.

HOW TO USE WEARFACE PACKS

1. Simply download a wearface pack from http://wearfaces.com/featured/ onto your device/DropBox/Google Drive.
    2. Open the WearFace App and import the zip (ES File Explorer works best)
    3. Hit "Send to Wear", wait some seconds till data transfer is finished and reapply the custom wearface.

HOW-TO MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGN:

1. Design your own watchface by creating pictures for the dial, hourhand, minutehand and the secondshand and the according dimmed states. (best 320x320px and .png format) Or download premade wearface packs from users on www.wearfaces.com/featured/
    2. Save your own custom watch face files on your device/Dropbox/Google Drive.
    4. Start the WearFaces App and choose the different files. (Note: On the image pick dialog, a file explorer like ES File Explorer works best).
    5. Hit "Send to Wear", wait until the dialog opens on the watch. After the progress bar finishes you can apply the "Custom WearFace" from the wacthface picker.

If you have issues look in the FAQ or write an email to [email protected] and explain your problem in detail

Features of current Version 1.15

- customize the *dimmed state* of the clock
    - import/download watchface packs from wearfaces.com/featured/
    - german translation added (more will follow soon)
    - Dropbox/Google Drive support
    - data transfer updated
    - reworked all dimed state pictures
    - 4 quality watch face designs from the talented designer Ryan M. Kelly (ryanmkelly.me)
    - 2 additional designs from me
    - 1 design from Georgios Mn.
    - change dial, hour hand, minutes hand and seconds hand
    - support for Moto360, LG G Watch, Samsung GEAR Live

Please post your custom wearfaces in this thread or in the Google+ Group. Also discussions, feedback and issues are welcome.

Visit also the official site: wearfaces.com for more information.

Kind regards
    Albrecht
    D
    Deleted member 3988348
    Mechanicle Watchface

The final of my Watchface version for LG G Watch!

i2gHPvI.jpg

A9NxZFF.png

You could download images here.
    Update 118 released

So you wanted to add digital clock functions or date support. Here it is! :cowboy:
    Also you can now export and share with one click your creation!

Edit the font, color, size and the Information that gets shown.

Read the HOW TO of the new features:
    http://wearfaces.com/wearfaces-updated-digital-clock-watchface/

update1181.png
    Beautiful app. Was wondering if you planned on adding some placeholders for weather, date or maybe next item on the agenda?

Thank you!
    Currently I have implemented the ability to add date/time in textform. The update just needs some last tests and will be released in the next days. Adding Weather is planned as for the near future. The other I will also implement, thank for these suggestions.
    Currently I'm extremly busy with my work. But I think in Octobre the update rate will better.
    Issue will be looked at!

exactly as me, yeah the dial is no issue, but the hands is a no go, i've tried even clearing app data, un-installing and re-installing, and still no go, maybe it just don't like the Nexus 5, lol.

Ok, I look into it!! Some people have this issue and others not. I have to debug this. So wait for the update.