[APP] TCPMP Finger friendly !Update! 26/02/2010

Search This thread

Bry8Star

Aug 6, 2008
Los Angeles, California, US
currently i have TCPMP v0.72RC2-rev:31 bimbam69 and CorePlayer v1.3.6 Build 7427 installed in Tilt 8925 ATT TyTN II Kaiser 100 , WM 6.5 light ahmedfikry.

Tcpmp can play MP4 video (with audio working) fine , but can't play FLV videos . CorePlayer can play both MP4, FLV videos fine but no audio.

IE can play flash (FLV from SWF) video+audio from mobile Youtube , but with both video & audio jittering too much . After installing Flash Lite 3.1 by dvha79_ddt , now youtube videos (with audio) playing smoothly.

Can i install this version/release without uninstalling the previous TCPMP , without any conflict ?

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

light_n_roses

Oct 25, 2009
I have tried to play a mkv 720p video file but as I selected it the player quit to home immediadly...Is this supporting that kind of video file ?

atjong1

Feb 9, 2008
For playing music in the car I'm using netDrg's TCPMP. Since I was in need of a nice looking finger friendly skin I created a skin that contains only the basic functions and called it AtkinSonic. It's a WVGA skin and portrait and landscape are supported. The buttons are from iconspedia.com. I've been using it in a WM 6.5.3 device for some time now and like to share it with you. Install by unzipping AtkinSonic.zip in your TCPMP folder on your phone and select the skin in TCPMP. Enjoy.

Portrait:
atkinsonic_portrait.png

Landscape:
atkinsonic_landscape.png

PS:
  • Don't forget to use it with netDrg's V2.1 or else you've have the Skip Previous/Next bug.
  • Don't pay attention to the Dutch buttons at the bottom ;).

Download AtkinSonic skin

Last edited:

TommyB83

Jan 20, 2008
Very very great!

I thought TCPMP is almost dead because of the betaplayer thing...

Great work!

I'd love to see a small fft for audio only playback :rolleyes:
Also it would be very nice if you are able to display the current title from a cue sheet (audio cd rip) or meta information (some internet radios like di.fm) also.

Anyway one small problem, if I play a video (avi/divx, larger than screen resolution) image smoothing doesn't work very well. looks like it was rendered for a smaller resolution.
I tried another version from here (something with v4 with a dammit "brought to you by" screen before each application start), there it looks better on my HD2.

Thanks for your work!

wigwam12

Feb 1, 2010
help please?!
I had v1 working fine and lovely.
Downloadd v2 and tried to unistall v1 but it just won't uninstall.
Tried to install v2/v2.1 [to sd card] and while they install the skin is gone completely and I have blank black (so I can't see what which button is which although if I stab where play/pause should be I see it]
uninstalled v2/2.1 and tried to reinstall v1 to see if that would "fix" its uninstall but I get error that can't remove previous version.
SO I tried to install v2 over the top on phone memory and first get a message that fflv is not the correct version and to update but then also that it crashes everytime I try to play anything!!!!

Help please

atjong1

Feb 9, 2008
help please?!
Tried to install v2/v2.1 [to sd card] and while they install the skin is gone completely and I have blank black (so I can't see what which button is which although if I stab where play/pause should be I see it]
Did you try selecting a skin? Having a black screen could indicate the skin couldn't be found. You can select a skin in the menu. That is -if- you can see the WM menu. The skins are located in the map your TCPMP is installed in. It shouldn't matter wether you install on SD card or in phone memory.

TCPMP causes my already unstable HD2 to crash.
And what would your first step be to solve your problems?

wigwam12

Feb 1, 2010
Did you try selecting a skin? Having a black screen could indicate the skin couldn't be found. You can select a skin in the menu. That is -if- you can see the WM menu. The skins are located in the map your TCPMP is installed in. It shouldn't matter wether you install on SD card or in phone memory.

Yep I did try to select a skin but the TCPMP folder it opens when I selected this option was empty

farcry27

Oct 8, 2010
Nice looking player except that it doesnt play my 720p MP4 movies in full screen with sticking. Win. Mobile Media Player still leads on that score.

Would be nice if we could just tweak WMP to run AVI or tweak TCPMP to use the hardware directly and not stick.

I know both are probably not easy, that would solve it.

shasman

Jan 20, 2011
hi...
thanks netdrg....
finally I managed to run tcpmp on my HD mini.
lets see, how it helps to see my movies on my HD mini.

Top Liked Posts