[App] TechTalk - (NOW GeekBytes) - All The Android News You Need In One App + More!!

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
Hey everyone,

Please note the name has been changed from TechTalk to GeekBytes

I just put this app together and wanted to put it on here and see what everyone thought about it and if you had any suggestions. I plan on adding a lot more things into it, but decided to go ahead and get it out there.

All you need Android news in one app!! Articles from the following site:
  • XDA-Developers
  • Android Central
  • Android Authority
  • Phandroid
  • Android Police
  • Android and Me
  • Cult of Android
  • Droid Life
  • Android Pit
  • Android Headlines
  • Android Spin
  • Droid Games
  • Rootz Wiki

LIVE ON THE PLAY STORE
Download from the Play Store to get all of the updates!!
Get it on the Play Store - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techtalk.mschussler
Get Geekbytes Pro - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geekbytespro.mschussler

Let me know what you think!
Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
Question for anyone that is using that app, if you have used the Rootz Wiki Forum you notice it takes you to the webpage because they do not have the TapaTalk plugin. Do you like that it uses the in-app browser or would you rather it open your default browser and use that instead?? Would love to hear you thoughts!

Thanks!

rkeeney96

Oct 22, 2010
So all you did was rename an awesome app like flowly and pawned it off as your own. Really lame dude. You weren't even original enough to change the icon you just rounded the corners

Reactions: codified

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
So all you did was rename an awesome app like flowly and pawned it off as your own. Really lame dude. You weren't even original enough to change the icon you just rounded the corners
First off, if you were to keep up with that app you would know that guy abandoned it. Also he did not develop it at all. He used appyet just like I did, hence why I said "put together" I never said I developed that app ever. The icon is defiantly different, I am still looking for a new one but got this one for now due to the first one not displaying correctly for the notifications. I like Flowly a lot, but seeing that it would no longer be updated I decided to make one like it and keep it updated when appyet updated the code, and keep it current with all the new feeds. Also this is temporary while I work on my own that I actually developed, once that is done it will replace this one.

samvithvr

Jul 28, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Thanks for carrying on the work of the flowly developer. Will there be ability to star articles? The ability to customize sources? Great work so far. Thanks again!

Hey everyone,

I just put this app together and wanted to put it on here and see what everyone thought about it and if you had any suggestions. I plan on adding a lot more things into it, but decided to go ahead and get it out there.

All you need Android news in one app!! Articles from the following site:
  • XDA-Developers
  • Android Central
  • Android Authority
  • Phandroid
  • Android Police
  • Android and Me
  • Cult of Android
  • Droid Life
  • Android Pit
  • Android Headlines
  • Android Spin
  • Droid Games
  • Rootz Wiki

Let me know what you think!
Thank you!

Note: Will be releasing on the Play Store soon!

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Question for anyone that is using that app, if you have used the Rootz Wiki Forum you notice it takes you to the webpage because they do not have the TapaTalk plugin. Do you like that it uses the in-app browser or would you rather it open your default browser and use that instead?? Would love to hear you thoughts!

Thanks!
I would prefer that it open in my default browser dude. So that I can carry on reading articles in your app after the links have been opened in the browser. This way I can read on my browser later.

AAbounegm

Feb 22, 2014
Cairo
I really like the idea, good job. However, I'll wait till you put it on the Play Store to receive the updates immediately without having to visit this thread again and download the new APK. Another thing, can you please add Ardroid.com to the app (and yes, that's an "R", not an "N")? It is an Arabic news site.

Thank You, and keep up the good work! :)

MscTch

Jun 27, 2012
I'd actually like to be able to use both an in-app browser AND my default browser. BUT if I had to only have it one way, I definitely want to use my default browser. Also in regard to Flowly, which I still use religiously, thanks for picking up the ball after it's abandonment.

samvithvr

Jul 28, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Just used the app for an hour. Ignore my earlier comments about needing an external browser. The current implementation is perfect.
However, I would still like the ability to delete some sources. Great work so far! Thanks Dev!

gotzaDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Awesome app, very nice to have all the news in one place, but the app icon is really plain. Maybe some material flare would be nice. I mean no offense by that. You did a great job getting it all into one app.