[APP][TEQTIC][4.1+] LeanDroid - ? Most advanced battery saver

Search This thread

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Introducing LeanDroid:

LeanDroid is a lightweight and incredibly powerful battery saver. It automatically manages the power-hungry radios on your device while the screen is off to significantly lengthen battery life.

Get the most out of your device with the most advanced and efficient battery saver! The no-frills battery saver that actually works!

Features:
-Automatically disables Wi-Fi
-Automatically disables cellular data (root only on Lollipop+)
-Automatically disables cellular radio (root only on Lollipop+)
-Automatically disables Bluetooth
-Automatically disables network location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
-Automatically disables GPS location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
-Automatically switches cellular network mode (Lollipop+ and with root)
-Periodically restores connections for sync
-Schedule when LD should be active with the time exception
-Set exceptions for when certain apps are running
-Set exceptions by Wi-Fi name
-Set exceptions by Bluetooth device
-Set exceptions by data transfer speed
-Many more options
-No ads

It can disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE)*, Cellular radio*, Bluetooth, and Location* (networks and GPS) after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage. Connections are restored when the screen is turned back on or unlocked, as well as periodically, to allow for notifications to come in. LD will only re-enable connections that it disabled, not all of the selected connections. There are many additional options to set to your preference.

If you have an issue, please email [email protected], or use the contact menu option from the app before leaving a negative review!

Some options explained:
Disable Wi-Fi/Data/Network mode except if active - Connections are only disabled if there is negligible data transfer while the screen is off. Some music services don't "stream" but instead download entire songs at once, and they might do this while the screen is still on. Please set the disable time interval to at least the length of your average song so LD can catch data activity while the screen is off or use the except if "Except if apps running" option.

Disable Wi-Fi except if browser has web login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable Wi-Fi except if requires browser login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable except if apps running - No connections are disabled if one of the selected apps is found to be running in the foreground or has foreground services. There is a sub-option to also detect background services of the apps.

Restore Data after waiting xx seconds for Wi-Fi to connect - Wait for WiFi to connect before re-enabling cellular data. This prevents data from re-connecting for just a couple of seconds.

Tasker intents
com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_START_SERVICE
com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_STOP_SERVICE

* Note:
-Not all options are available on all devices.
-If you are on Android 4.4.1 - 4.4.2, a persistent notification is required due to a bug in KitKat where services cannot restart themselves once killed by the system. If you would like to hide the notification, find LeanDroid in Settings -> Apps, and un-check "show notifications".

Follow us on twitter: @teqTic

To join the Beta tester group:
1) Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.teqtic.leandata
2) You will then receive the beta updates directly through the Play store.
Please keep in mind these beta versions will often have bugs!

Download:

Last edited:

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Nice work. It works as it is supposed to. Is there any way i can check using terminal(or anything else) how long the radios are turned off or on?

You mean so that you can tell how long they were turned off for? Good question, there's gotta be some app that can pull up those statistics. For WiFi, you can check your battery usage chart.

Thanks for the feedback, rate it on Google Play if you get a chance. Bugs, suggestions and feature requests are welcome!

phanitej

Nov 7, 2010
Hyderabad
You mean so that you can tell how long they were turned off for? Good question, there's gotta be some app that can pull up those statistics. For WiFi, you can check your battery usage chart.

Thanks for the feedback, rate it on Google Play if you get a chance. Bugs, suggestions and feature requests are welcome!
Suggestions:
1. When im playing few multiplayer games like Heroes of Order and Chaos etc, i usually tend to leave my phone aside for one or two min, so with my current setup where the radios are turned off after one min, the internet might get disconnected hence me loosing the game. So if there is a feature which can check if there is data transfer then dont turn off the radios. Same goes with me downloading some files and the radios might turn off causing the download to fail. - I guess it is answered in the description, my mistake :)
2. Where it says turn on radios to sync/receive after a specific time period, is thee way to only switch on the 2g network to save more juice?

Questions:
1. When the radios are turned on after the specific time period to sync, do all the radios get turned on?
2. Does it already check if there is data transfer and then turn off the radios :D ?

Edit: Rated the app on Play Store

Last edited:

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Suggestions:
1. When im playing few multiplayer games like Heroes of Order and Chaos etc, i usually tend to leave my phone aside for one or two min, so with my current setup where the radios are turned off after one min, the internet might get disconnected hence me loosing the game. So if there is a feature which can check if there is data transfer then dont turn off the radios. Same goes with me downloading some files and the radios might turn off causing the download to fail.
2. Where it says turn on radios to sync/receive after a specific time period, is thee way to only switch on the 2g network to save more juice?

Questions:
1. When the radios are turned on after the specific time period to sync, do all the radios get turned on?
2. Does it already check if there is data transfer and then turn off the radios :D ?

Edit: Rated the app on Play Store

Suggestion responses:
1. While the screen is on, the connections are never turned off. The time "after" is time after screen off (explained in help dialog or on Play Store).
2) No, there is currently no option to do that. I wouldn't recommend it either. 2G/Edge is so slow it wouldn't even be able to connect and do anything in the brief time it has to sync.

Question responses:
1. Nope, only the connections that were turned off by the app. I will update the app description to make this more clear.
2. Yes :) I believe right now it is set to a threshold of about 2kB/s. If within the period that it checks, the data transfer is more than this, it will not disable WiFi/data.

phanitej

Nov 7, 2010
Hyderabad
Suggestion responses:
1. While the screen is on, the connections are never turned off. The time "after" is time after screen off (explained in help dialog or on Play Store).
2) No, there is currently no option to do that. I wouldn't recommend it either. 2G/Edge is so slow it wouldn't even be able to connect and do anything in the brief time it has to sync.

Question responses:
1. Nope, only the connections that were turned off by the app. I will update the app description to make this more clear.
2. Yes :) I believe right now it is set to a threshold of about 2kB/s. If within the period that it checks, the data transfer is more than this, it will not disable WiFi/data.
One request, can we have an option to not turn off the radios if connected to charger?

cottino

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, but LeandData stop traffic also if tethering is on. In this case every time you have to switch on 3g again and reconnect your notebook.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Thats strange, i noticed yesterday when my phone was connected to the charger it turned off radios. Maybe something to do with my new ROM that i flashed. Will check it today in the night. Thanks for your response :)

Yes, please check for me as this could potentially be a bug. What did it turn off? It should not turn anything off if the device is charging. Also, if you connect a charger after the app has already turned off connections, it should turn them back on. Please ensure you haven't left any other similar apps running. The WiFi turning off with the screen off could also be a system option.

If you do indeed find a problem please let me know what Android version you are running. You can also check the Logcat if you filter for LeanData. Tell me what you see around the time of the problem.

Yes, but LeandData stop traffic also if tethering is on. In this case every time you have to switch on 3g again and reconnect your notebook.

I see. How are you tethering? USB or Bluetooth? If you are tethering through USB the device should be considered charging in which case it should not turn off the connections anyway. I will look into Bluetooth tethering.

Thanks for the feedback.

cottino

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, please check for me as this could potentially be a bug. What did it turn off? It should not turn anything off if the device is charging. Also, if you connect a charger after the app has already turned off connections, it should turn them back on. Please ensure you haven't left any other similar apps running. The WiFi turning off with the screen off could also be a system option.

If you do indeed find a problem please let me know what Android version you are running. You can also check the Logcat if you filter for LeanData. Tell me what you see around the time of the problem.

I see. How are you tethering? USB or Bluetooth? If you are tethering through USB the device should be considered charging in which case it should not turn off the connections anyway. I will look into Bluetooth tethering.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tethering through Wifi but with my settings the problem is network data:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-08-19-04-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-08-19-04-58.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 1,065
Reactions: Flyview

phanitej

Nov 7, 2010
Hyderabad

Thanks for the feedback.

As expected, i cleaned up everything on my device and flashed a new build. Installed LeanData and used the same settings, all working fine. Radios get turned on when plugged into the charger. Thanks for your time, quick response and efforts :)
To be honest, i have used many similar apps and never got this almost perfect feeling for any app :)
Wish i could donate, but running on low budget due to my job. Will donate once things settle down at my end.

Reactions: Flyview

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I tethering through Wifi but with my settings the problem is network data:

I see! I forgot about WiFI tethering, derp. I will add in some logic to not disable connections if tethering as soon as I can. Keep your eyes peeled for an update. Thanks.

As expected, i cleaned up everything on my device and flashed a new build. Installed LeanData and used the same settings, all working fine. Radios get turned on when plugged into the charger. Thanks for your time, quick response and efforts :)
To be honest, i have used many similar apps and never got this almost perfect feeling for any app :)
Wish i could donate, but running on low budget due to my job. Will donate once things settle down at my end.

Awesome, keep an eye on it. Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited:

dktblade

Oct 27, 2009
MIUI rom have a application to monitor intenet connect of all application. it's great and I cannot find other app can do like this on Playstore. Bcs many app ask permission connect network althought they are no need to run. But I guest they need permission connect network to sending some information silently.

halifage

Mar 16, 2013
Different from Sony Stamina mode?

Hi.
I have an xperia device and i would like to know if this app is different from sony's stamina mode, which also switches off connections in idle mode.
Thanks.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
GPS might also be a worthy addition!

Only the paid version of dsbatterysaver includes GPS. Right now, I have tasker turn it on and off with the screen when unplugged but that means no syncing of location using GPS.

Reactions: takkk7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing LeanDroid:

LeanDroid is a lightweight and incredibly powerful battery saver. It automatically manages the power-hungry radios on your device while the screen is off to significantly lengthen battery life.

Get the most out of your device with the most advanced and efficient battery saver! The no-frills battery saver that actually works!

Features:
    -Automatically disables Wi-Fi
    -Automatically disables cellular data (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables cellular radio (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables Bluetooth
    -Automatically disables network location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables GPS location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically switches cellular network mode (Lollipop+ and with root)
    -Periodically restores connections for sync
    -Schedule when LD should be active with the time exception
    -Set exceptions for when certain apps are running
    -Set exceptions by Wi-Fi name
    -Set exceptions by Bluetooth device
    -Set exceptions by data transfer speed
    -Many more options
    -No ads

It can disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE)*, Cellular radio*, Bluetooth, and Location* (networks and GPS) after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage. Connections are restored when the screen is turned back on or unlocked, as well as periodically, to allow for notifications to come in. LD will only re-enable connections that it disabled, not all of the selected connections. There are many additional options to set to your preference.

If you have an issue, please email [email protected], or use the contact menu option from the app before leaving a negative review!

Some options explained:
    Disable Wi-Fi/Data/Network mode except if active - Connections are only disabled if there is negligible data transfer while the screen is off. Some music services don't "stream" but instead download entire songs at once, and they might do this while the screen is still on. Please set the disable time interval to at least the length of your average song so LD can catch data activity while the screen is off or use the except if "Except if apps running" option.

Disable Wi-Fi except if browser has web login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable Wi-Fi except if requires browser login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable except if apps running - No connections are disabled if one of the selected apps is found to be running in the foreground or has foreground services. There is a sub-option to also detect background services of the apps.

Restore Data after waiting xx seconds for Wi-Fi to connect - Wait for WiFi to connect before re-enabling cellular data. This prevents data from re-connecting for just a couple of seconds.

Tasker intents
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_START_SERVICE
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_STOP_SERVICE

* Note:
    -Not all options are available on all devices.
    -If you are on Android 4.4.1 - 4.4.2, a persistent notification is required due to a bug in KitKat where services cannot restart themselves once killed by the system. If you would like to hide the notification, find LeanDroid in Settings -> Apps, and un-check "show notifications".

Follow us on twitter: @teqTic

To join the Beta tester group:
    1) Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.teqtic.leandata
    2) You will then receive the beta updates directly through the Play store.
    Please keep in mind these beta versions will often have bugs!

Download:
    I just published an update to the beta channels and now available on Play and XDA Labs. Test it out please!

3.2.0 - beta 1
    -Fixed network mode not switching back to original on some devices
    -Updated look
    -Added "About" dialog
    -Added menu options to Exceptions page
    New beta uploaded:

2.3.0b
    -Added ability to disable cellular radio (airplane mode) on KitKat ONLY, requires root!
    -Fix for disable alarm not being set when only GPS needs to be disabled
    -Added Malay translation
    A little teaser of 3.0.0.

796663e98c8e614c8f7991602374c6aa.jpg
    2.8.0 is out:

-Added option to disable network location
    -Fixed widget becoming unresponsive
    -Expanded clickable button area on widget and notification
    -Fixed time disabled in notification not always updating
    -Fixed activity not updating after toggling from widget or notification in some cases
    -Minor layout fixes
    -Updated French translations
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone