[APP][TEQTIC][4.1+] LeanDroid - ? Most advanced battery saver

Search This thread

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Thanks for the information! Sounds good, can't wait to test it :)
One more little thing came to my mind. Would it be possible to implement a new exception for Wi-Fi? When I'm outside and unlock my phone, Wi-Fi gets activated. That's good, but I'd like to see an exception function which turns Wi-Fi off again if it doesn't connects to a (known) SSID within a customizable timeframe (let's say like 5 seconds). [at least I couldn't find it, if it's already there tell me where I can find it please :D ]

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

Maybe in the future. All the exceptions right now have to do with disabling once the screen is off. I didn't want LD getting in the way of anything once you actually unlock.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
I have another question for you guys. I can set up LD to restore connections periodically for sync periods during Doze, but most notifications still won't come in because the device is still in Doze and apps don't have network access and their alarms aren't firing. Should I let the sync alarm be delayed by Doze to the point that it only fires during "maintenance windows", when apps are allowed network access? Keep in mind that some apps can still use FCM (Google's cloud messaging) to receive "high priority" messages while in Doze, which would be the only advantage of running LD's sync periods outside of Doze maintenance windows. Here's an example scenario I tested:

LD has disabled connections.
Phone enters Doze.
Someone sends you an email.
LD restores connections for 30s every 15min. Gmail doesn't update (Gmail doesn't use FCM?).
Maintenance window of Doze comes maybe an hour later. Data connections are probably not available unless LD's sync period happens to fall at the same time, so you still don't get the notification that you have new email.

If instead we let the sync periods be delayed until the maintenance window, LD would restore connections during the maintenance window, and everything would get updates. But this would mean the sync period might only happen once an hour or every couple hours depending on how deep your phone is dozing, instead of what you have it set to. I think I'm going to go for this strategy, it makes the most sense. I'll make LD's turn-on alarms for the general time exception and cell radio exception still fire during Doze however, because Doze doesn't affect phone calls coming in, so we want cell radio turning on on time, based on your time exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Depressed T.Bear

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
. I think I'm going to go for this strategy, it makes the most sense. I'll make LD's turn-on alarms for the general time exception and cell radio exception still fire during Doze however, because Doze doesn't affect phone calls coming in, so we want cell radio turning on on time, based on your time exceptions.

Sounds good to me!

Reactions: Flyview

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego
Alright, new update is out on Google Play and XDA Labs! Please test and let me know what you guys think :)

4.1.2 (2019.02.20)
-Reverted back to not using setAlarmClock so Doze still happens
-Turn connections off quickly after sync during Doze
-Don’t check traffic if not set to toggle any data connections
-Fixed sync interval not being set properly until service restarted
-Fixed a NPE and a IOB exception
-Added free trial info to purchase options
-Reversed purchase options order
-Stopped using signalState for determining if cell radios are enabled

Reactions: eclaxton

sonvegeta

Feb 22, 2015
Jundiaí
New update out on Google Play and XDA Labs!

4.1.0 (February 5, 2019)
-Fixed data toggling on Android P
-Updated purchase system
-Increased boot priority
-Updated About dialog style (spacing, date style, website link)
-Added animations
-Linked "Our other apps" to website
-Added Traditional Chinese translation (Thanks Adan!)
-Updated to latest Magisk libsu

Thank you so much! like I said to you in the Play Store, i'm now only with my dear i9300, but los 15.1 is fresh for it. But, i'll do what I can to help you in the means I have.

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
Hey Flyview, how's it going? :)
Just want to ask if you made any progress regarding the night mode. Don't worry, this is not an ETA question ;)
I'm just desperately waiting for it, because right now I always have to toggle airplane mode manually - I want to keep the setting for WiFi to not disconnect when connected to my home SSID. Unfortunately, Leandroid then keeps WiFi on the whole night.

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the information! Sounds good, can't wait to test it :)
One more little thing came to my mind. Would it be possible to implement a new exception for Wi-Fi? When I'm outside and unlock my phone, Wi-Fi gets activated. That's good, but I'd like to see an exception function which turns Wi-Fi off again if it doesn't connects to a (known) SSID within a customizable timeframe (let's say like 5 seconds). [at least I couldn't find it, if it's already there tell me where I can find it please :D ]

I use a Macrodroid macro to do something like that when I unlock my phone. Check it out. Macrodroid is an app like Tasker but simpler to use.

hyborian

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I bought Tasker years ago, but honestly why should I run an additional app which will most likely consume more battery juice? :D

Well, YMMV, its battery usage for my use is negligible. I use macrodroid for so many other tasks - automated twrp backups, file maintenance, battery saving utilities, toggle font sizes and magnification from anywhere, airplane mode with wifi on, brightness/sync/rotate stuff, call shortcuts, etc.

I can use both LD and macro, no problem for me, even if they can share some functions.

Since you only want to use LD, that's fine too :)

xdarthanonx

Apr 23, 2015
Just want to ask if you made any progress regarding the night mode. Don't worry, this is not an ETA question ;)
I'm just desperately waiting for it, because right now I always have to toggle airplane mode manually - I want to keep the setting for WiFi to not disconnect when connected to my home SSID. Unfortunately, Leandroid then keeps WiFi on the whole night.

If you want it done at a specific time, you could try crond with am broadcast -a android.intent.action.AIRPLANE_MODE.

Flyview

May 17, 2010
Toronto/San Diego

Hey no sorry I haven't looked at that yet. Hmm so really you could just disable that exception, and set LD to not do anything during the day? Why do you not want it to disconnect from your home SSID?

New update up on Google Play (XDA Labs Manager seems to be down):

4.1.3 (2019.03.07)
-Toggle in separate thread again to prevent ANRs
-Minor bug fixes

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
Hey no sorry I haven't looked at that yet. Hmm so really you could just disable that exception, and set LD to not do anything during the day? Why do you not want it to disconnect from your home SSID?

New update up on Google Play (XDA Labs Manager seems to be down):

4.1.3 (2019.03.07)
-Toggle in separate thread again to prevent ANRs
-Minor bug fixes

In my current situation, I'm jumping between the university and my home during the day.
So I'd like to keep LD on (while I'm outside). And while I'm home, I don't want to miss notifications, keep my VPN connected etc. That's why I'd like to keep it connected (here). :cowboy:

Reactions: Flyview

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing LeanDroid:

LeanDroid is a lightweight and incredibly powerful battery saver. It automatically manages the power-hungry radios on your device while the screen is off to significantly lengthen battery life.

Get the most out of your device with the most advanced and efficient battery saver! The no-frills battery saver that actually works!

Features:
    -Automatically disables Wi-Fi
    -Automatically disables cellular data (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables cellular radio (root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables Bluetooth
    -Automatically disables network location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically disables GPS location (KitKat+, root only on Lollipop+)
    -Automatically switches cellular network mode (Lollipop+ and with root)
    -Periodically restores connections for sync
    -Schedule when LD should be active with the time exception
    -Set exceptions for when certain apps are running
    -Set exceptions by Wi-Fi name
    -Set exceptions by Bluetooth device
    -Set exceptions by data transfer speed
    -Many more options
    -No ads

It can disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE)*, Cellular radio*, Bluetooth, and Location* (networks and GPS) after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage. Connections are restored when the screen is turned back on or unlocked, as well as periodically, to allow for notifications to come in. LD will only re-enable connections that it disabled, not all of the selected connections. There are many additional options to set to your preference.

If you have an issue, please email teqtic@gmail.com, or use the contact menu option from the app before leaving a negative review!

Some options explained:
    Disable Wi-Fi/Data/Network mode except if active - Connections are only disabled if there is negligible data transfer while the screen is off. Some music services don't "stream" but instead download entire songs at once, and they might do this while the screen is still on. Please set the disable time interval to at least the length of your average song so LD can catch data activity while the screen is off or use the except if "Except if apps running" option.

Disable Wi-Fi except if browser has web login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable Wi-Fi except if requires browser login - WiFi is not disabled if it requires a browser login (common for public hotspots or guest networks), so that you do not have to re-enter the password when it is re-enabled.

Disable except if apps running - No connections are disabled if one of the selected apps is found to be running in the foreground or has foreground services. There is a sub-option to also detect background services of the apps.

Restore Data after waiting xx seconds for Wi-Fi to connect - Wait for WiFi to connect before re-enabling cellular data. This prevents data from re-connecting for just a couple of seconds.

Tasker intents
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_START_SERVICE
    com.teqtic.leandata.INTENT_STOP_SERVICE

* Note:
    -Not all options are available on all devices.
    -If you are on Android 4.4.1 - 4.4.2, a persistent notification is required due to a bug in KitKat where services cannot restart themselves once killed by the system. If you would like to hide the notification, find LeanDroid in Settings -> Apps, and un-check "show notifications".

Follow us on twitter: @teqTic

To join the Beta tester group:
    1) Opt-in here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.teqtic.leandata
    2) You will then receive the beta updates directly through the Play store.
    Please keep in mind these beta versions will often have bugs!

Download:
    I just published an update to the beta channels and now available on Play and XDA Labs. Test it out please!

3.2.0 - beta 1
    -Fixed network mode not switching back to original on some devices
    -Updated look
    -Added "About" dialog
    -Added menu options to Exceptions page
    New beta uploaded:

2.3.0b
    -Added ability to disable cellular radio (airplane mode) on KitKat ONLY, requires root!
    -Fix for disable alarm not being set when only GPS needs to be disabled
    -Added Malay translation
    A little teaser of 3.0.0.

796663e98c8e614c8f7991602374c6aa.jpg
    2.8.0 is out:

-Added option to disable network location
    -Fixed widget becoming unresponsive
    -Expanded clickable button area on widget and notification
    -Fixed time disabled in notification not always updating
    -Fixed activity not updating after toggling from widget or notification in some cases
    -Minor layout fixes
    -Updated French translations