[App] Textto - Text From Your Computer

textto

Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I've finally launched a long-time side project of mine, Textto, and would love some feedback.

Textto lets you text from your computer. When one of my favorite apps became too expensive, I set out to make my own text-from-pc service. I've been using Textto for over a year now and I love not having to check my phone to reply to texts.

While Textto is still an early product, it comes featured out of the box with:
-works with any texting app (Textra is my favorite!)
-sms messaging
-mms messaging
-sending photos from your computer
-group conversations
-searching for emojis
-simple sign in

Some features that are queued up for development include:
-native apps for Linux, Mac, and Windows (almost done!)
-dark theme
-improved contact syncing
-link previews

I'm looking to get community feedback so that I can build in the features people want and create a great texting platform.

Link to Website

Link to Play Store

Thanks you!

Last edited:

Phlooo

Oct 29, 2011
First impression on the looks : beautiful.

I'm trying it in a few minutes, this seems to be the iMessage replacement I've been looking for ages

Edit: First remarks
Can't be easier to set up, it seems to work really nice. Will see how battery life is impacted on the phone.
One aesthetic concern: text is hard to read in the blue bubbles. Might be better with white text, or even cooler, an option to customize colors (like in Textra)

Last edited:
Reactions: textto

tambukey

Dec 8, 2017
Mississippi
Will be trying this when I am home later. Just adding post to remind myself.

From pictures it looks great, easy to us, and I am happy you made something like this because I too, was annoyed at all the other apps opting for heavily paid services when all I want is sms/mms messaging from pc.

textto

Jan 24, 2018
Thank you everyone for the feedback so far!

First impression on the looks : beautiful.
One aesthetic concern: text is hard to read in the blue bubbles. Might be better with white text, or even cooler, an option to customize colors (like in Textra)
I haven't heard this before! I think when I finish building the dark theme, I'll add in another light theme with easier to read colors. I would also like to build a theme editor so that anyone could tweak their theme on the fly.

You should update the first post with a direct link to the app
I wish I could but I'm unable to since this is a new account Please feel free to edit your comment with a direct link :)

Will be trying this when I am home later. Just adding post to remind myself.

From pictures it looks great, easy to us, and I am happy you made something like this because I too, was annoyed at all the other apps opting for heavily paid services when all I want is sms/mms messaging from pc.
Same here. I was a huge user of some other apps but the prices had gotten VERY high! Textto definitely needs to catch up on a few features but I'm enjoying it as a user very much.

Reactions: Phlooo

Mike B.

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
Sounds good so far, but the promised standalone desktop clients (Mac, in my case) can make all the difference in the world.

textto

Jan 24, 2018
Sounds good so far, but the promised standalone desktop clients (Mac, in my case) can make all the difference in the world.
Totally agree. I released the website first in case any urgent issues came up. It's a lot easier to just refresh the page and get a fix than it is to ship a new native app. I'm finishing up some work with auto updating and expect to ship desktop apps in a couple weeks.

Reactions: Foo Bar

Mike B.

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2011
/
Totally agree. I released the website first in case any urgent issues came up. It's a lot easier to just refresh the page and get a fix than it is to ship a new native app. I'm finishing up some work with auto updating and expect to ship desktop apps in a couple weeks.
If you need help testing the Mac client, let me know. I'd love to be able to get rid of those "alternative" expensive bloated and inconvenient SMS clients that all want to become the default messenging app.

textto

Jan 24, 2018
If you need help testing the Mac client, let me know. I'd love to be able to get rid of those "alternative" expensive bloated and inconvenient SMS clients that all want to become the default messenging app.
I should be able to send you a copy in a few days :) -- you'll just need to manually uninstall and reinstall as auto updates aren't done yet.

textto

Jan 24, 2018
Just following up to say that themes have been added! A night theme is included and there is now a theme editor so that you can make your own. So now, you can right ahead and change the text color. Check it out here https://textto.io/news/themes