[App] The Mortifier v0.96 - Your Mortscript coding pal

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Hi,

Welcome new and longtime Mortscript coders. This app will bridge the gap between you and coding Mortscript on your phone.

Here are a few limitations we experience as we Mort code more and more.

Getting at It:
So you've set up a a script, Do-Me-Now.mscr, and copied it into a sub folder on your phone. Maybe you even copied it into a sub sub folder because you have so many scripts, like me.
How fast can you browse to that script? Well let's see, Start, Explore, Storage Card, Morts, Testing. There it is! Great! I am here, now I run Do-Me-Now.mscr. And of course, like all new and great scripts, it doesn't run. That only took us clicking four clicks to get there and run it. My thumbs already tired and I have a blister.

Exploring Anew:
Now run another script you have in a different sub-folder. Click up, Click into new sub folder. Keep in mind not all phones File Browse quickly. My phone is more small perhaps than your screen, as well as slower. Small is a pain to see while browsing folders. I feel it every time I click the D-Pad I am committing to waiting. You may have tabbed exploring, but I don't. Then if I want to get back to my old script, browsing back. It isn't simple.

Edit Me Not:
I see my file in the little File Browser window, I can run it, but now I need to edit it. Right Click? Do any mobile phones have a right click button? If mine does I have never seen. My soft menu buttons say "Find" and "Menu". Where is the "Edit File"? Dead end. But wait, I know, we can rename Do-Me-Now.mscr to Do-Me-Now.TXT, and now we can edit it with the default editor. Then save it and rename it to Do-Me-Now.mscr. Well at least we can.

Tomorrow is a Whole New Day:
I've reset my phone. Or the phone auto closed my File Browser. Now I start finger browsing from scratch. No favorite folder list, no default last explored folder is selected. Every time I run File Browser I have to start from scratch.

But Wait, I have More:
It seems I have to run a couple mortscripts in a session of coding. My test app, a windowrecording utility, another app or two. I want to click one app from my start menu, and be in my environment.

More, not Less:
Now I am in my environment, editing is now possible. But I can do more with the clicks I saved, what else? Handy access to your photo browser, registry editor, and screenshot taker (Moves your screenshots as well).

Less, not More:
But wait a sec, can't we just open the text file editor on the phone and start there? Maybe. In the first place, wow, I try and use the best editors on the market on my phone, but they all seem to have very annoying limitations. Some editors can't remember which files we were just editing, no recent list. Some editors have such a terrible document loading interface I was unable to browse for my document at all. This goes for Osymo Textpad as well as Orneta's Notepad. Not to mention, half the apps I tried don't have a close/exit option.
But irregardless, this is not just a launcher of convenience. It is also a launcher of utility.

The Mortifier will be bridging the limitations of working in a tiny mobile environment.
Features:

Quick access to prior scripts:
Keeps a library of your prior script edits. Script Modes: Spy run, Select script, Directory search.

Internal Registry Browser & Paster:
Browse the registry, choose the Key you want, and it will be pasted into your Mort code. Edit values. Search could be added to a future version.

Watched Folder Sync:
Bluetooth Sync - Select a destination directory and then you can transfer intended files over through bluetooth transfer. It will move those new files into the destination folder, as well as extract zip files as a directory in the target folder. Storage card sync will be next (As soon as i can connect). Maybe it will keep track of prior target directory in a later version?
Windows install folder cab copier

Window/App Recorder:
Records window titles and application processes, very useful for knowing process names and window titles!

Support for VJTrayLaunch. If you have it installed to the phones main memory, when you run The Mortifier it will put a quick launch to the tray. After you exit The Mortifier you can just click the Tray launcher and it will re-open The Mortifier.

Future Additions(?):
Mortscript Language Code Dictionary:
Browse to the Mortscript command you want to insert into your code and select it. Internal support for Orneta Notepad, but any text editor will work.

Personal IIS web updating. Who needs to wires or BT to update our scripts/cabs/docs/jpgs etc.

Prior Versions:
TheMortifier v0.7 (5.8 KB, 24 views)
TheMortifier v0.8 (5.6 KB, 42 views)
TheMortifier v0.9 (6.4 KB, 25 views)
TheMortifier v0.95 (6.4 KB, 61 views)

Attachments

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Runs with

Added support for VJTrayLaunch. If you have it installed to the phones main memory, when you run The Mortifier it will put a quick launch to the tray. After you exit The Mortifier you can just click the Tray launcher and it will open The Mortifier.

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Primary release quite soon.

For a couple of the bigger things, like the code dictionary, will follow in the next couple days. Lot of text I will need to reformat, I will.

I've paused working on my other apps so I can get this done and start using it myself.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nhvoltagenh

Oct 17, 2008
Kitchener
www.thewebstation.ws
couldnt u do this with a regular text editor?

Right you could, but whats the process of doing that?

Either open the file, and then select all files, then open the mscr file...

or rename the mscr to a txt file, then open edit resave.

i have a demo version of this now for ppc.

and talk about slick.

heres some screen shots of it

All i do is run the app, select the mscr file, it auto opens it, you edit it press save, and your done.

Attachments

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
So an update .

I have finished almost all of the Registry browser. Once I finish the Registry browser path library, I will get back to the mortifier and making the script library for the list of scripts and then i will put out a release.

Screenshots:

Attachments

wei2005yh

Apr 10, 2008
ZHENGZHOU
why don't you use c++ or some other program language to develop such a tool?i think that will run more efficiently than a tool developed with a script language.the script language has its own advantage and disadvantage..for exp it's easy to write,run, read ,and modify, but can't afford to operate with numerous data(no database support) ,etc.if i had studied some program language like c c++ c# ,i will develop such a tool with that...however i really appreciate what you do

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
why don't you use c++ or some other program language to develop such a tool?i think that will run more efficiently than a tool developed with a script language.the script language has its own advantage and disadvantage..for exp it's easy to write,run, read ,and modify, but can't afford to operate with numerous data(no database support) ,etc.if i had studied some program language like c c++ c#
As u know, there are a number of programming environments to program in for mobile phones.
.net is a beast. The learning curve is high, and even though i have taken courses in c++, coding on the mobile phone is not high on the course instruction list apparently.
Mortscript is quite similar to c++. For certain purposes, Mortscript is just as valid as any other environment. Sure Mortscript needs to be included or installed, but keep in mind installing .net on a mobile phone takes about 6 megs.
You are correct about the lack of database access, but that would be way overkill for most Mortscript apps, as well as any other app that doesn't need database access.

How much better would any of the apps i have constructed work if they were coded in c++/c#?

That being said, I am continuing to take .net courses, and I would not be surprised if i dont have time to plug away at Mortscript any more once i am full time .net. Who knows?

That all being said, I am just tidying up The Mortifier, and it will definitely be released today or tomorrow...

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Hi,

So here is a first release of The Mortifier.

Much works. Some of the more esoteric functions are not working yet, like "kill all Mortscripts".

ToDo:

Registry Find
Auto Detect Text available text editors
WindowRecorder w/screenshots
Folderwatcher
Load recent scripts
Language code dictionary
Add more scripts
Re-set text editor
& Fix what's broke

Any other features that r missing, please alert me!

Because of the re-set text editor and the additional script setter needs to be included, I will be updating the script very shortly...

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
So we can make menus with kvvQuickmenu. not so sure submenus would work so well. would have to either keep swapping the ini file and restart the menu, which we probly could do, or have the quickmenu exe and ini file in each separate subfolder for each menu... If we did that we could probly also just do it with 2 subfolders. Keeping the first ini intact would be a good idear.

Last edited:

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
The Mortifier v0.8

Update for The Mortifier:

Command-Line Tester: Browse to the exe and enter your command line parameters. Keeps the old exe and parameters in memory so you can re-test them easily.

Task Manager is a functional menu. If you have a different Taskmanager or one that is built in, let me know and i will have it auto set for that one.

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Version 0.9 - Bluetooth Folder Sync

Hi.

Here is version 0.9

There's a couple fixes here and there. WindowAppRecorder has some added info messages. The Mortifier shouldn't leave any temp files any more.

The most major update is to the Utils section. This version adds a Bluetooth folder synchronizer. So if you run the BT Synch option, you will pick the target folder. Then you can bluetooth files over to your phone that you want in the target folder. It will move all the new files that you just bluetoothed over. If you send a zip file, it will ask you if you want to extract the zip as a folder in the target directory. It will timeout after 3 seconds, so if you just wanted to move the zip instead you would click "Move as Archive" instead.

It seems too often I can't send files over cept through bt. usually i can reboot my computer and it is fixed, but often i dont want to reboot. This utility is to bridge the functionality gap for bt transfers.

Not sure why the Auto save/Hider for BT files isnt working, but thats just xtra. Maybe a future update will ask if you want to browse the destination folder when you are done.

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi howdykeith,

can't wait to get it in my fingers (phone) to hack ;) it. I have to travel sometimes very long. So as the next week. I have to travel from Amsterdam to Moscow and then 13 hours with the train. And that for three days work, that can't be done on remote, aaahhhhhhh.

How uncool is that? But then i have a lot of software on my laptop. A copy of my ROM and no extra accus for my phone, but i have the USB cabel to charge my phone :D. Then i have the time to check your little app, also the script for ms voice command. And i hope i have a minimal signal of 3G on my phone, then i can be online. And that me, without internet, only wodka, aahhhhh

howdykeith

Oct 8, 2009
East Greenwich, RI
Hi thanks.

So I did update the app so it wouldn't copy over the stub apps that get deleted when the bluetooth sync is initiated.

also, i did get the Auto hide and save on BT transfer working good. The auto hide will be available on the next release of the StatusTicker app as well...

Also the bluetooth auto transfer hints to the current number 1 script directory. That works real well.

Added the function for auto cab install through BT transfer. I may add "Auto detect BT dir" for wm6. I probly will remember to add Storage Card sync to do the same as BT sync.
Added is support for VJTray Launcher.
I likely may add a VJTray Launcher Library Util.
VJTrayLaunch is only for launching a small number of apps. Don't use it for 15 etc (due to the 32 task limit on WM)
Maybe not this next release? But soon.

I am adding registry search to the registry browser, so as soon as that is done I will post it here.

Below is a screenshot of vjTray:

Attachments

Last edited: