[APP] TileCreator - Create tiles to all applications

Search This thread

jeremyto

Dec 20, 2014
Hello, thanks for that app it works great for me !

Just a small problem :

-> I'm using the tablet mode (because i have 6 pc like this, for the public who wants to check internet and play web games),
so i made couples vignets for games like (agar.io etc). When people clic on them, chrome is launching but in background, we have to ALT TAB to see that chrome opened with that game.

how can i do that ? like force to open Chrome but in the front line of metro ?

Last edited:

matt_xav

Sep 22, 2016
So I created some files to use with this

Honestly this is so great. I ended up turning all the desktop apps on my start menu into tiles.

I want to share the tiles I made in the thread. they are all white with transparent backgrounds, simply upload them and select the color you want behind them.
to find the images go to imgur dot com and then type /a/l9jar
This was a lot of fun. If anyone needs other icons or would like to suggest ones for me to use, I'd be happy to make them.

Last edited:

Umair Ibn Farooq

Sep 23, 2016
help

Thanks For The App It Works F9. Bt Some Of Games Won't Open in Tiles neither In Tile Creator Proxy Whn I Test Them..
Plzz Help...
Thanks

Djigael

Oct 13, 2016
Clearing tile images paths

Hi, I am a newbie using TileCreator :D. I have a question. If I create a tile asigning an image to each four tiles' size, and if I want to create another one only with images in medium and wide size (for example), the values in small and large are kept from the last tile I created. I can't delete the values of that size I do not want to. Is there some way to clean the image path boxes? Or I have to restart the app to clear the values each time I want to create a new tile? regards..

moninml

Apr 17, 2015
customize folder and system shortuc

Can I customize start menu and change icon (tiles) of systems shortcut like recycle bin or my computer? Can I add folder to start menu tiles and change icon of this? I want to change apperance of whole tile. Use Properties > change icon of file/folder is not solution of my problem. I use tilecreator but this app can add only .exe files. I try to find program like oblytile for win 8.1 where I can add any tile what I want...

Sorry for my english. I hope that you understand me.

moninml

Apr 17, 2015
Find it!

I find better app for customize tiles in start menu. This app solve all my problem with start menu.

Look for WinTileR in shop.

ViniciusKTZ1580

Sep 9, 2016
Pin More DOES require a desktop companion application to pin local executables (aka PinAnything). If you are just using Pin More, Steam and Origin apps will work because they (both Steam and Origin) expose an app specific protocol via the registry.
Also I am pretty sure PinAnything does the exact same thing my desktop app does except for both my apps (TileCreator) are free!

The reason you need a desktop app is because Windows Apps from the Store do not have the capability to execute/run programs from your local machine. (Pin More or TileCreator). Also, Windows Apps from the Store are the only ones that can pin start menu tiles (this is why Oblytile doesnt work anymore... its not a windows store app). I bypassed this in my program by creating a desktop application (TileCreatorProxy) that creates a generic protocol to expose local apps via this protocol (Pretty sure PinAnything does the same)

Opera in version 42 applies tiles in the start menu.

Eliteoomph

Dec 30, 2008
I had a custom exe built for me that links out the exe to a url and opens in chrome and the exe works great on it's own but i get the eded error when trying to use in TileCreator. Has anyone solved the eded issue?

Ryknex

May 13, 2012
After the update of the new Windows 'creator's update'
The companion app 'tile creator Proxy' is not working, please need an update of this software, I really love to use this app, and advance sorry for my english

Batero2000

May 20, 2014
I've searched the "TileCreator" on the Windows 10 Microsoft Store, but there is no such app. Is there an external link to download?

Thanks.

EDIT: Plus I've open the Store's web link of "TileCreator" & says "not found", I think they deleted the app.

Last edited:

FcoEnrique

Jan 4, 2013
Santo Domingo
Hi,

Does anyone knows how to make custom tiles to work ONLY in the star menu, I mean, leaving the default icons for the taskbar when they are running but changing the shortcut .ico only for the star menu

siema44

Jul 20, 2014
ill pack it in rar and upload here if i can and don't break any rule (.appx) to install with Windows store app backup (or something like that) i've just installed it in my freshly new Windows 10 installation right now ^^

EDIT: if i'm breaking any rule just let me know or delete the post, but here's the promised:
https://mega.nz/#!M9hTVChA!W9_zDfPkeIrr4RxsbkhUcOd19hUVaGISLm-cSYBC71A
there are two appx files, i've installed the neutral only versión and it Works afaik, you have to open this appx file with WSAppPkgIns.exe inside the WSApp folder and have the testing install enabled on dev options of Windows 10. It would be really sad if this precious app were lost, so feel free to do mirrors (again, only if this doesn't break any rule) and my most sincere thank you for the TileCreator and WSAppbak tool devs!

Bye! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: alma23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE COMPANION APP (TileCreator Proxy) for this app to work. Please see How To Install below!

Changes:
    UPDATED: September 17th, 2015
    • Fixed bug and added functionality where left navigational panel will collapse if the window is sufficiently small fixing the alignment issue where users see all blue window.
    UPDATED: September 15th, 2015
    • Added wide Tile support
    • Added Large Tile support
    • Added support for numbers in Proxy Link name
    • Added ability for you to import and export tiles
    • Added ability to change tile backgrounds (works well with transparent pngs)
    • Added ability for you to unpin from tiles from TileCreator
    • Created a better Help Menu
    UPDATED: September 2nd, 2015
    • Rewrote TileCreator Proxy to handle errors better and have a UI!

This program does exactly what you hoped it would do for windows 10. It creates tiles to your Windows 10 Start Menu that open any application when clicked.

Please note that this app is a work in progress so please don't be too harsh. As of right now only square images are supported. Expect updates :).

With that being said, the following are on my to do list:
    • Implement Abstract Live Tile customization so users can create and send custom live tile notifications
    • Add ability to set color of tiles instead of only relying on images *Done
    • Support other tile sizes (wide and large)*Done
    • Add ability to select color in color picker based on tile image (eyedropper)
    • Add ability to Import and export tile(s) *Done
    • Add Localization (Spanish, Korean, Chinese, French, German) if possible
    Please send feedback to [email protected]

How to install:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"][B]How to install:[/B][/SIZE]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Please go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 device and install TileCreator from the Microsoft App Store
    [*]Please download "TileCreator Proxy Installation.zip" from one of the below links:

[U][B]Use this file at your own risk![/B][/U]

[B]MD5 Hash[/B]: a74cb6824efddca3ad0676e577375624
    [B]SHA-1 Hash[/B]: 83e6dc0ab4f1103574ef4e457b319e0378fbc60f

[B]Dropbox:[/B]
    [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/12xu8q552oweg8c/TileCreator%20Proxy%20Installation.zip?dl=0"]TileCreator Proxy v1.0 Installer Zip[/URL]
    [B]Mega:[/B]
    [URL="https://mega.nz/#!z4JlBRSZ!w4tMK8W7Rq5Rrb6F0NEXaOyosvmQvxp45IqkQzwHbyI"]TileCreator Proxy v1.0 Installer Zip[/URL]

[*]Add links using TileCreator Proxy and copy the name to your clipboard.
    [*]Open the Microsoft Store App TileCreator and pin a tile using the name you have on your clipboard as the ApprovedApps key Example: notepad
    [*]Pin tile and enjoy!
    [/LIST]

Here are some screenshots of the app in action!

TileCreator
    VHdMNjO.png

Start Menu:
    wQxFs6P.png

TileCreator Proxy:
    vlq51uO.png

If you enjoy the app want to donate, here is a paypal link where you can!

Notes: The icons seen in the screenshots above were by dakirby309 and can be found in the Metro-UI-Icon-Set-725-Icons at DeviantArt
    I hacked together a very tiny app that utilizes the (newly/old) available visualelementsmanifest.xml function. Please consider this as a proof of concept and as a prototype. I am posting this here, instead of a new thread, as without TileCreator I would have never created this tiny app and it is far from perfection. Maybe this can be integrated into future TileCreator releases.
    The prototype goes as follows: The app is very simple and quite stupid. Select a ".lnk" from the startmenu list (top), select an image and click save. Then just pin the tile as usual to your startscreen directly from your startmenu. Jumplists are fully working. Sadly, wide and large tiles are not supported.

If any dev is interested in developing this to a real application, I am happy to share the source --- although it is insanely simple.

Attached a proof of concept screenshot.

Download: http://www.motzek.org/MyTile.rar (Disclaimer: You are on your own. I take no responsibility for whatsoever. App requests highest available rights.)
    MyTile.png

I moved it also here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/development/win10tile-native-custom-windows-10-t3248677
    thanks man, I needed this to my indie games! :good:

No problem. I have been pretty busy the last week with weddings, traveling for work, and I was a bit under the weather. Should have a great update for you guys next Sunday.
    Cheers!
    TileCreator
    I'm so glad the app is being well received. Just want to let you guys know that I have been pretty busy the last two weeks but I should be able to get a majority of all the requested features done soon.

Here is a sneak preview of a newly created, more user friendly TileCreator Proxy
    pggrny8.png
    This app is turning out really nicely! I'm eagerly awaiting support for wide tiles, I'll be using it for everything! :D

Glad to hear it. I worked on it all day today (so far). I've added wide tile support, a much better help module, and have completely rewritten its internals allowing for much quicker updates, maintenance, and better code readability for developers (if I open source it).

Cheers!
    TileCreator