[APP]TIMESCAPE APP NOW WITH VARIETY OF COLOR!!! ; Updated Arc Timescape Widget

What do you think of the new widget?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
This is the updated Timescape WIDGET from the 2011 Xperia Phones. This is also my first actual app/port but not really a port for the X10

NEW!!!
Timescape App now comes in a variety of COLORS to match the theme chooser!

Since the theme chooser is still a work in progress I figured I would post
the Timescape App in the same colors that the theme chooser has!

TO INSTALL THE APP
1.Download the color you want, or download all of them if you'd like!
2.Reboot into xRecovery
3.Install Custom Zip
4.Flash the color you want the Timescape APP to be
5.Reboot
6.Open Timescape and enjoy your new color!

Green - Timescape
Stock - Timescape
Orange - Timescape
Pink - Timescape
Red - Timescape
Black - Timescape
FLURITE - Timescape

Confirmed Working On

Stock 2.3.3 ROM
WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread V3
(Included in v3.5+)

If you have tested and confirmed it is working
on another ROM with NO issues let me
know and I will update this list

Installing WIDGET ONLY

1.Download "Update Timescape.zip"
2.Reboot into xReovery
3.Install Custom Zip
4.Flash "Update Timescape.zip"
5.Reboot
6.Find a 4x3 Space on your homescreen
7.Long Press Empty Space
8.Add widget
9.Scroll down to Timescape Widget
10.Enjoy your updated widget

Un-Installing WIDGET ONLY

1.Download "Downgrade Timescape.zip"
2.Reboot into xReovery
3.Install Custom Zip
4.Flash "Downgrade Timescape.zip"
5.Reboot
6.Find a 4x3 Space on your homescreen
7.Long Press Empty Space
8.Add widget
9.Scroll down to Timescape Widget
10.Re-Enjoy your downgraded widget

NOTE
HUGE FACEBOOK TEXT
AND
HUGE TWITTER TEXT
are in fact, NOT part of the widget, they're just images that I edited in photoshop,
then made shortcuts to the respected applications using desktop visualizer, which is free in the Android Market!
if you guys want those images OR would like me to make some other kind or some similar images
(eg. a different facebook/twitter icon, maybe if you want one for calls, messaging, etc. not necessarily for Timescape)
PM me with the image you want and what you want done to it and i'll se what i can do

Last edited:

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
It doesnt fully work, all other Widgets then the all Widget fc, so just Twitter or FB Widger fc only the Widget with all [SMS,Twitter,FB and more works]

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
which ROM are you running? what does the package installer say when you install?
I need some details not just a "It sucks" vote and a post JUST saying it won't work. I might need to also attach the updated TimescapeSpline.apk
hi, running stock 2.3.3. i am not able to install it at all, there is just an option for uninstalling:confused:

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
It doesnt fully work, all other Widgets then the all Widget fc, so just Twitter or FB Widger fc only the Widget with all [SMS,Twitter,FB and more works]
OP updated; added the same TimescapeSpline, TimescapeEventStream and the extensions from my phone and mine works fine 100% but I also installed these apks over the existing ones

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
hi, running stock 2.3.3. i am not able to install it at all, there is just an option for uninstalling:confused:
you need to have a file explorer such as root explorer or I/O file explorer Astro file manager then locate the apk and install like normal and choose replace when it asks. do NOT delete the /system .apk or replace it with the ones provided!

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
you need to have a file explorer such as root explorer or I/O file explorer Astro file manager then locate the apk and install like normal and choose replace when it asks. do NOT delete the /system .apk or replace it with the ones provided!
yep, thats what i did buddy. located it with astro and tried to install it, but it has only 2 options "Deinstall" and "Start".
when i press on "Start" it says something like "Activity not found com.sonyericsson.advancedwidget.timescape"

EDIT: we are talking about one apk right?timescapewidget.apk? cause now some other apks appeared in your first post

Last edited:

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
yep, thats what i did buddy. located it with astro and tried to install it, but it has only 2 options "Deinstall" and "Start".
when i press on "Start" it says something like "Activity not found com.sonyericsson.advancedwidget.timescape"
have you deleted ANYTHING from the /system/app folder also do you have "unknown sources" checked?

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
the other apks just apperead on your first post!they werent there before! :)

so i have to replace the apks from the system/app folder with those provided and then install?
no if you have NOT deleted anything from the /system/app you should just have to install like normal and hit yes when it asks to replace, you should not have to replace anything with a file explorer

J!K

Aug 3, 2011
Reno, NV
Timescape app not installing... the rest were installed but imediately showed a fc message! what should i do???

EDIT: just checked the wiget/app is working ok! THANKS

The wiget looks a bit better... like the older app more though

Last edited: