• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question App to reduce display color saturation

Search This thread

EMJI79

Sep 7, 2014
Paris
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I totally agree that the default is over-saturated and the natural setting is washed out. You can use ADB to get hidden display modes, which may be more to your liking.

I use AMOLED photo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/jlik2w

Interesting.
As I understand it the phone uses the correct ICC profile for what you're viewing.
The human eye is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to display calibration especially gamma correction.

I've tested cam to display throughput on the N10+, it's dead on. I run it in natural setting.
If I need more saturation I use some Provigil🤣

Reactions: EMJI79

OJsakila

Mar 14, 2009
Interesting.
As I understand it the phone uses the correct ICC profile for what you're viewing.
The human eye is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to display calibration especially gamma correction.

I've tested cam to display throughput on the N10+, it's dead on. I run it in natural setting.
^^ This. +1

Reactions: blackhawk

m_w_clarke

Feb 17, 2011
Interesting.

As you infer, colour interpretation is very subjective.
So, to this end, using the ADB or other profiles is perfectly legitimate to tailor to an individual's needs. Irrespective of scientific measurements.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
As you infer, colour interpretation is very subjective.
So, to this end, using the ADB or other profiles is perfectly legitimate to tailor to an individual's needs. Irrespective of scientific measurements.

Actually what I'm saying is even the people who's color perception is in the top 10% can't dial in color correction by eye.
The other 90% don't have a chance.
If the device isn't factory calibrated correctly or if the display is defective these additional profiles aren't going to correct the issue.

It's nonetheless a cool hidden setting that may be useful. Unfortunately it's not easy accessible for shifting on the fly. Setting the display to anything other than natural will likely end up being an eye sore.

Top Liked Posts