• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][TOOL] Bing Rewards Automator

Search This thread

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Hey all!

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the Bing Rewards system; it's simple, search with Bing, earn rewards points, redeem rewards points for gift cards, Xbox Live Microsoft Points, among many other things. Most commonly you are able to accumulate 15 points per day (in some cases 30), with 1 point being equivalent to 2 searches. This means you must do 30 Bing searches per day to get the maximum amount of points. But who has time to sit there and tediously search for 30 different things? That's where my app comes in.

I haven't found anything similar on a mobile phone. I know there are websites that do this for you, but if you aren't near a computer and want to bang out your 30 or so searches quickly, this is the app for you.

Be gentle, this is my first crack at an app! Although it is extremely simple I believe there is much to be done and updates will continue to roll out over the coming weeks.

Thanks guys! Any constructive criticism is appreciated :cyclops:

You can find the link to the Play Store here.
Link to the PRO version is here
Edit on 4/19 -> If the link above doesn't work, give it a little bit of time. The application is still in the process of being published.

Last edited:

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
Only thing is I'm not sure it did it. Maybe a"done" or "finished" dialogue.

Thanks for the app because i never use Bing on my computer unless they remind me. I've been a rewards member since they started it and only just now have 200 points this will be very handy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
It does go through the process, it does kind of 'freeze' until its done, but if you wait long enough you'll see the final search load and your points will be there. Some sort of visual feedback is a great idea. I'll definitely add it next update, thanks so much!

Scur827

Jul 17, 2011
Is there an option to automatically run at a certain time of day so I don't have to remember every day?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Not as of now, I'll definitely explore that for you though. I'm about to push an update with feedback on when it is done.

Reactions: Scur827

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Just updated this - very minor updates. Fixed a bug where inputting '90' searches wouldn't do anything. Every number should work now. But the application will never do more than 90 searches (as this is the max amount of searches that will yield points any given day).

I'm sure some of you have multiple accounts for Bing Rewards (I do), I'm looking to maybe implement a tabbed layout, in which each tab has its own webpage. The way I see it, instead of having to log in and out of your accounts on the one webpage, each tab will be a different account, saving you guys even more time! After all, who has more than a few minutes to spend for Bing searches anyways?

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Another new update!

v1.1 Big update!

- Got rid of the text box that prompted the user to enter the amount of searches they wanted done. Instead, there are now buttons with pre-defined amounts of searches for each.

- Made it much easier to shuffle accounts by way of adding the 'Windows' and 'Facebook' buttons.

- Added an Info & Instructions tab to give the user more information about the application, and how to get the most out of it.

PLEASE check the Info & Instructions tab to understand the new update!!

I believe this update makes it much more user friendly, hopefully you all enjoy it. If you like it, don't be afraid to give me a good rating :D

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Hello again everybody. I've got a sweet new update for all users! Who has time for ANRs and Crashes? Well, I certainly don't, and I'm sure you don't either. ANRs in my application are a thing of the past with my v1.1.1 update that I like to call "Anti-Freeze".

v1.1.1 "Anti-Freeze"

The freezing of the application is now gone - you'll be able to see searches happen in real time.

Also, it was brought to my attention that the search terms that were used were not working for some users, maybe because Bing caught on to using the same terms everyday? Regardless, no two searches will be alike - a random word generator has been implemented.

This should be nearly perfect now. No stupid BS that'll waste your time, just open the app, log in, click the button, and watch your Rewards Points flow in :).

Please don't forget to rate and/or give feedback on the Play Store listing. If you have any questions, you can also post them in this thread, as I check this bi-daily (Is that even a word? Whatever. Twice a day).

Play store link again: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crockettc.bingrewardsbot

Last edited:

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
This app I'd definitely great. I know schedules is probably too much but any chance of maybe an option to have something show in the status bar if you haven't searched yet that day?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't call scheduling "too much" at all.. you may see that in maybe a 'Pro' version of the application sometime in the future aka once school is over. But a friendly reminder in the status bar shouldn't be too hard to implement for this current version of the application. That'll be included in the next update for sure, Lee. Thanks for the idea :D

Gahh Its Lee

Oct 2, 2010
I wouldn't call scheduling "too much" at all.. you may see that in maybe a 'Pro' version of the application sometime in the future aka once school is over. But a friendly reminder in the status bar shouldn't be too hard to implement for this current version of the application. That'll be included in the next update for sure, Lee. Thanks for the idea :D

Thanks for being so responsive. I'd definitely get a pro version of this

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

T3HG00GLEG33K

Mar 25, 2012
Phoenix
wow! You rock. I had literally submitted a comment on the play store about the search terms and anr being worse. And while I'm sure I'm not the only one who's mentioned it. You not only replied quickly, but you also fixed the issue just as fast. I commend you for that. There needs to be more devs like you. Best of luck, and once again keep up the good work!

*cheers*
signed,
-T3HG00GLEG33K

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Thank you! If you find anything else that needs fixing or could be improved please don't hesitate to tell me. I love feedback even if it isn't praise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
GO PRO!

It's just me again..

Writing this to let you all know that there is now a 'Pro' version of the application available! As of me writing this the link probably isn't quite up and running yet, but it will be found at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crockettc.bingrewardsautomatorpro in the next few hours.

So what does this Pro version do? Well, for starters its twice as fast at searching, meaning you get done faster, saving you more time. I'm going to re-do the look and feel of the application to make it look better, not just boring old white & stock Android, cause even as the developer of this application, I must admit it is boring to look at.

If you've been following this post, you can also surmise that a auto-start feature will be implemented in the Pro version as well sometime in the future.

Now just because a Pro version is out, doesn't mean I'm abandoning the 'base' version! If bugs are found, or the need arises for a change, it will be updated just as quickly as the Pro version would be. I'd never leave you guys, the downloaders of my first ever published application, behind!

Enjoy your night guys!

XxCrockxX

Sep 15, 2010
Just a quick update to those of you following this thread, the auto start feature should be in an update by the middle of next week! The full auto start will be pro version only, with a reminder notification going in the base version.

dusturm

Aug 27, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sir, thank you for this awesome app! Just bought the pro to support it. Can't wait for the automatic search update!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all!

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the Bing Rewards system; it's simple, search with Bing, earn rewards points, redeem rewards points for gift cards, Xbox Live Microsoft Points, among many other things. Most commonly you are able to accumulate 15 points per day (in some cases 30), with 1 point being equivalent to 2 searches. This means you must do 30 Bing searches per day to get the maximum amount of points. But who has time to sit there and tediously search for 30 different things? That's where my app comes in.

I haven't found anything similar on a mobile phone. I know there are websites that do this for you, but if you aren't near a computer and want to bang out your 30 or so searches quickly, this is the app for you.

Be gentle, this is my first crack at an app! Although it is extremely simple I believe there is much to be done and updates will continue to roll out over the coming weeks.

Thanks guys! Any constructive criticism is appreciated :cyclops:

You can find the link to the Play Store here.
    Link to the PRO version is here
    Edit on 4/19 -> If the link above doesn't work, give it a little bit of time. The application is still in the process of being published.
    GO PRO!

It's just me again..

Writing this to let you all know that there is now a 'Pro' version of the application available! As of me writing this the link probably isn't quite up and running yet, but it will be found at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crockettc.bingrewardsautomatorpro in the next few hours.

So what does this Pro version do? Well, for starters its twice as fast at searching, meaning you get done faster, saving you more time. I'm going to re-do the look and feel of the application to make it look better, not just boring old white & stock Android, cause even as the developer of this application, I must admit it is boring to look at.

If you've been following this post, you can also surmise that a auto-start feature will be implemented in the Pro version as well sometime in the future.

Now just because a Pro version is out, doesn't mean I'm abandoning the 'base' version! If bugs are found, or the need arises for a change, it will be updated just as quickly as the Pro version would be. I'd never leave you guys, the downloaders of my first ever published application, behind!

Enjoy your night guys!
    Just a quick update to those of you following this thread, the auto start feature should be in an update by the middle of next week! The full auto start will be pro version only, with a reminder notification going in the base version.

I've been very busy for the past few months, but it has not been abandoned, just put on hiatus. Things are starting to settle down on my end so I'll be able to work on this again :thumbup: I'm gonna have to retest this app again in its entirety to find and iron out bugs and such. But first priority will be the auto search function for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
    Alright so..

While I was fooling around with the application I guess last week, stupid me made the wait time in between searches for the '90' button 2.5 seconds when it should have just been .5 seconds.. sorry about that! That's fixed in this update I'm about to roll out.

Also I positioned the buttons in a more logical order.. top row has 1, 30, and 90 while the bottom row consists of the Windows, Facebook, and GO PRO buttons.

This Auto-Search thing is still troubling me. I think for now I may change its function from repeating every day (which it doesn't right now), to having to set the alarm individually every day. I may be able to put a little bit of a workaround of this in for it to repeat every day, but that remains to be seen.

Until then, free version users, sorry about the 90 search delay, the update should be available on the Google Play servers in about 2 hours I'd say.