Search This thread

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Lenovo Mobile Assistant
v1.4.1.14199 (Windows 7, 8.x & 10)
For Motorola Moto E 2015 Surnia/Otus​

DESCRIPTION:
The Lenovo Mobile Assistant is a Windows compatible application which allows syncing between your phone and PC for tasks such as:
* Making a backup of your phone's music, videos, photos, etc., from your PC and restoring the backup from PC;
* Managing your SMS messages and contacts from your PC;
* Managing installed user applications from your PC;
* Capturing & managing screenshots of your phone's display in real time from your PC.

In appearance and functionality, the Mobile Assistant is closely akin to Hi-Suite for Huawei devices. It features a simple, user-friendly interface as well as auto-updates when a new version becomes available. While typically an OEM application released with Lenovo tablets & ThinkPad devices, the Mobile Assistant works on the Moto E 2015 and a number of other Motorola smartphones.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the installation package from the link below and install it on your Windows laptop or PC by double clicking the MobileAssistant_Setup.exe file. After installation, connect your device to your PC via micro USB to USB data sync cable. Ensure USB Debugging is enabled and follow any prompts on your phone for sync authorization. Syncing should occur within 30 seconds or so.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1nbdz6_YA1mULgRcdFrGZziLkGzyoH14i

Last edited:

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Note: I just fixed the link on this post. For some reason, link sharing on the files was not turned on by default. Sorry for any difficulties caused by this. It should now be fixed.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Any members using this Windows based tool, user experience and input would be greatly appreciated. Any bugs, problems syncing, etc., should be listed on this thread, as well as positive experiences. Thanks

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
@MotoJunkie01 Tried it today..... The pc software seems to crash after I connect my phone. As soon as it says test app, it closes. Here is the pic.
I tested this on my otus(xt1506).
Also it'd be good if you could add otus to the title, as first I thought this software was only for surnia.
Anyways thanks for the software....

Attachments

• IMG_20171115_214609.jpg
    IMG_20171115_214609.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: MotoJunkie01

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
@MotoJunkie01 Tried it today..... The pc software seems to crash after I connect my phone. As soon as it says test app, it closes. Here is the pic.
Also it'd be good if you could add otus to the title, as first I thought this software was only for surnia.
I've only tested it on Surnia, and even though the software undoubtedly works on many other Motorola/Lenovo devices, I can't confirm it's functionality on Otus. Thanks for your feedback. Ensure you have installed the latest Motorola Device Manager on your PC (to ensure latest USB device driver installation), try reinstalling the Assistant, etc., and let me know if you have any luck with it.
P.S. I've temporarily removed "Otus" from the heading until I can confirm functionality. If you get it working on your xt1506 I will definitely add Otus to both the title and heading. Thanks again for testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev_Mashru

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
I've only tested it on Surnia, and even though the software undoubtedly works on many other Motorola/Lenovo devices, I can't confirm it's functionality on Otus. Thanks for your feedback. Ensure you have installed the latest Motorola Device Manager on your PC (to ensure latest USB device driver installation), try reinstalling the Assistant, etc., and let me know if you have any luck with it.
P.S. I've temporarily removed "Otus" from the heading until I can confirm functionality. If you get it working on your xt1506 I will definitely add Otus to both the title and heading. Thanks again for testing.
I also tried the software on my Lenovo tab 2 a7 10f and it gave me the same error.... So are the drivers guilty since it works on your surnia? Can you please provide the drivers link you are using/recommend? Thank You!

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I also tried the software on my Lenovo tab 2 a7 10f and it gave me the same error.... So are the drivers guilty since it works on your surnia? Can you please provide the drivers link you are using/recommend? Thank You!
There is only one reliable driver source for Motorola devices: the Motorola Device Manager directly from Motorola's website.
Here's the link to the latest version.
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/79106/p/30,75,27,
Download and install this software on your PC, and ensure you have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
The Mobile Assistant app was pulled from a Lenovo Tab 3, so the problem may be your USB device drivers. I've tried the Assistant on the Moto G3 and Moto G4 as well with no problems. Keep me updated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev_Mashru

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Last edited:
Reactions: MotoJunkie01

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
For any members who have used this application on a device other than the Surnia, please provide confirmation on other compatible devices. Thanks.

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
Last edited:

Dev_Mashru

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I downloaded the whole folder as a zip (GDrive made it into a zip). I then extracted the files and then ran the setup.
Odd indeed. I have tried it on several Moto/Lenovo devices and, thus far, I haven't came across a device which fails to work on the Mobile Assistant. Have you tried revoking USB Debugging Authorization in Dev Options, and reauthorizing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lenovo Mobile Assistant
    v1.4.1.14199 (Windows 7, 8.x & 10)
    For Motorola Moto E 2015 Surnia/Otus​

DESCRIPTION:
    The Lenovo Mobile Assistant is a Windows compatible application which allows syncing between your phone and PC for tasks such as:
    * Making a backup of your phone's music, videos, photos, etc., from your PC and restoring the backup from PC;
    * Managing your SMS messages and contacts from your PC;
    * Managing installed user applications from your PC;
    * Capturing & managing screenshots of your phone's display in real time from your PC.

In appearance and functionality, the Mobile Assistant is closely akin to Hi-Suite for Huawei devices. It features a simple, user-friendly interface as well as auto-updates when a new version becomes available. While typically an OEM application released with Lenovo tablets & ThinkPad devices, the Mobile Assistant works on the Moto E 2015 and a number of other Motorola smartphones.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Download the installation package from the link below and install it on your Windows laptop or PC by double clicking the MobileAssistant_Setup.exe file. After installation, connect your device to your PC via micro USB to USB data sync cable. Ensure USB Debugging is enabled and follow any prompts on your phone for sync authorization. Syncing should occur within 30 seconds or so.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1nbdz6_YA1mULgRcdFrGZziLkGzyoH14i
    There is only one reliable driver source for Motorola devices: the Motorola Device Manager directly from Motorola's website.
    https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/79106/p/30,75,27,
    Download and install this software on your PC, and ensure you have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options.
    The Mobile Assistant app was pulled from a Lenovo Tab 3, so the problem may be your USB device drivers. I've tried the Assistant on the Moto G3 and Moto G4 as well with no problems. Keep me updated. Thanks.
    I have the same ones. I'll anyways reinstall them later and report back. Thanks!