[APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system Administration

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    The only reason why I need it as a fav is because I am constantly flashing new Custom ROMs and restoring 3rd party apps.
    Yep, that was the only reason I could see why. Just an extra note in case you didn't realise already, you can save off /sdcard/TeMeFI/* and simply copy back over after installing TeMeFI, and all your favourites and config and saved off reports will be re-instated. on your next restart of TeMeFI.

Are you willing to share some of your custom scripts?
    Are you talking about my Boot scripts and also my app-start scripts? I use a very powerful custom launcher that allows me to run shell scripts when I click an icon (or an invisible hotspot/area) and a different shell script if I long-press, swipe up, swipe down on the icon, its really very powerful (I can even free rotate or size an icon). Many of my boot scripts are very specific to my device, and how I specifically use my device. A lot of the scrpts within TeMeFI have been originally sourced or inspired from my boot scripts that I have used over the years. My current device (Pixel 4a) has a LOT less boot scripts, as my previous device I had a lot of scripts to optimize my lowly devices / ROMs. I started with a 1GHz (overclocked to 1.7GHz) with only 512mb of RAM running GingerBread. Another major avenue for my scripts are in regard to my obsession with my MediaDB, and are thereby specific to me. I also have another script or two that configures waze (removes the ads but also restores all my favourites as Waze has a nasty habit of loosing them) Again, my locations (saved in a template dB) are very specific to me, and I would have to explain how to configure them, otherwise they are useless or will cause damage.

Short answer, the time of supporting these scripts (ie answering ANY questions or making warnings) would be time away from TeMeFI which could help a lot more people.

One thing I have been meaning to start a thread on, is the framework I use to run my boot scripts. Its very powerfull and complex. It runs scripts asynchronously (ie in parallel) OR in sequence (all controleld by the directory structure, as some cannot run in parallel). I have been using it since my very first android device. But in the last few years, boot scripts are becoming less and less common. Even I have fewer now. I still have about 8, from over 20 a few years back. Plus another 10 triggered by hot-spots / icons / gestures on my launcher.

PS: My current obsession with MediaDB is focused on the fact that album art for media without embedded artwork is broken in Android 11

Last edited:

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 14, 2016
    Google Nexus 10
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    In case anyone waas wondering how, at least how I pronounce the app name.
    It was generated by tricking an online text to sound interface. i.e. its not me, but It sounds like I would say it, except maybe a little faster than I would say it.
    You have a great app and scripts.
    One of these days I really have to look at all this app offers. :)
    I have used this app/scripts off and on a few times.

I realize I have been adding a "L" when reading the name.
    TelMeFI​

Tel Me FI
    I always assumed it was short for Tell Me Full Information.

Guess it's just my interpretation, influenced by the way I write.

Sometimes I will mix uppercase and lowercase together, especially in a file name or if I am explaining how to do something that has a variable name.
    Boot TWRP by using fastboot. fastboot boot NameOfTWRP.img

In a script I normally use just uppercase for variables.
    FLTM Who would not read that as File Time?

Since Google wants to be more like Apple (iOS). ;)
    I use aOS for Android build release version.
    aOS=11

I think I have written/created/use too many variable names. :p

Cheers. :cowboy:

Reactions: pocketrule

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    ...snip...
    I use a very powerful custom launcher that allows me to run shell scripts when I click an icon (or an invisible hotspot/area) and a different shell script if I long-press, swipe up, swipe down on the icon, its really very powerful (I can even free rotate or size an icon). \
    ...snip...
    m0han said:
    i won't trouble you asking for the scripts. but, if your launcher can be used adequately by others (like me), would you care to share - through pm if not on the thread? i can assure you i won't give it to anyone else. thanks. have a nice day. stay safe.
    Sorry If I gave off the wrong impression; as I got a PM asking me. There is no secret regarding which launcher I use. I am only hestitant to give the name, because a default install gives a really crappy user experience (and its a paid app). It really is reliant on the user configuring their screens. It really is a case of if you can think of it, you can do it. BUT it may take a lot of time or be beyond your care to implement it or do it. But I have yet to be hit by a "I cant do that", only a "I dont have time to learn how to do that". I have used it since gingerbread, so have been buiding my homescreen in little chunks over many many years.
    Its a devs launcher, and there are even examples of launcher run, user generated code to draw clocks on the home screen, that actually keep time. I think the scripting engine is JavaScript; but you hook into Java . For example, I use the following script to start a shell script, which starts Viper, then my music player, starts playing the music and then starts Waze. i.e. gets ready to drive somewhere with a single long press on the Waze icon.

I can copy this code, change the shell script name (possibly generated from TeMeFI), and thereby reuse it all over the place.
    Code:
    var b = LL.bindClass("java.lang.Runtime");
    var f = LL.bindClass("java.io.DataOutputStream");

Android.makeNewToast("Navigation started...", true).show();

// start as SuperUserSU
    var process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su");

var os = new DataOutputStream(process.getOutputStream());
    var command = "/system/bin/sh /data/local/userasynch.e/utility/start_navigation.sh;";
    os.writeBytes(command + "\n");
    os.writeBytes("exit;\n");
    os.flush();
    // Non blocking, so no wait
    // process.waitFor();
    One of the other scripts I use hibernates selected (just about all) apps, and then turns the screen off. I use it instead of the power button, via a hot-spot area on my screen.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Now after 12 Days without any issues. Playstore shows me an update for YouTube under all updates.
    And you quoted me with the exact instructions of what you should do! RUN THE TEST!!!Save off the results, and attach them here. Otherwise no one can help or check if you have done anything wrong.

But, even with the update in the list, i gather it has not updated behind your back. That is the actual purpose of the method, but as you expect, I have NEVER seen it in the update list on two phones for a few years.

Oh, did I mention, run the test...

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    New Version v1.1.03

Interesting things in this release:
    • Enabled saving Detach as a Favourite. Shout out to @rodken
    • Updated the internal SQLite binary to v3.35.3. I compiled it from the latest stable source, using the latest stable NDK. For people who know the history, I did not wish to be compiling SQLite so as to include in TeMeFI, but all the other sources are just so old. It is about 40% of the size, but does not support x86, only ARM. You can also read the brief instructions at the following thread, to know how to install it if you are running the old Magisk module; which by default will support x86. The link below includes a link to a github project that has very simple instructions on how to compile it yourself.
    • Added a new button to enable viewing warnings and or errors that occur whilst running a script. Including errors encountered whilst building a menu. see below
    • Fixed the Detach, which was sometimes giving a warning, when it was actually possibly OK. It does not change anything about the actual detach method, just the output from the script, so no need to re-detach anything.
    • Fixed a typo (ie bug) in the re-attach method
    • Improved the generation of source code for presentation to the user. If it ran as a script, it actually now includes the header (bang operator) and footer (exit), and a few other things.

Download: SEE OP!

New Items.
    within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>New Menu Items"

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"

A new "View last error" button.
    It will appear in the top left of the results screen. Its a picture of a cartoon bomb. i.e. the script "bombed out", and will only appear when there is a history of an error. Since in previous versions there was no way to delete the error, I would assume everyone will see the icon on first start of the new TeMeFI. Long pressing the bomb will clear (ie delete) the error and thereby hide the bomb.

Screenshot_TeMeFI_20210507-145742.png

One thing to note, is that even building many of the menus is via a shell script, which could generate an error, and hence make the bomb icon appear, while you are only navigating through the menu.

If you can see the icon, to view the error, simply click on it. i.e. short press. To delete the last error recorded, LONG press the icon, which would obviously also make it disappear. Also remember that the last error is not deleted by running a new script. As such, the last error could of been from last year. There is a date at the top of the error text. Because of this fact, chances are everyone will see the bomb icon on their first start of the new version, until you long press the icon. This new icon has already highlighted a very small error in the confirmation menu item (as used in methods such as detach) which I did not realise was happening.

Screenshot_TeMeFI_20210507-150016.png

Enjoy and stay safe.

Last edited:

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    Hey guys, im a longtime lurker but a posting noob so please be patient with me :)
    I'm trying to detach vanced app from playstore with temefi but i can't find even youtube in the package list under detaching apps -> DETACH: Select Package the Protection level.....
    Can anyone help me out what i have to do next? Root access is a given...

stephtban

Apr 30, 2010
    Toulouse
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Hey guys, im a longtime lurker but a posting noob so please be patient with me :)
    I'm trying to detach vanced app from playstore with temefi but i can't find even youtube in the package list under detaching apps -> DETACH: Select Package the Protection level.....
    Can anyone help me out what i have to do next? Root access is a given...
    The packages names are "com.google.android.apps.youtube.music" and "com.google.android.youtube" . Use method 3 to detach.

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    One more question sorry for double posting... Will I loose connection to my yt account? I cannot live without my subscriptions the comment feature etc....

stephtban

Apr 30, 2010
    Toulouse
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    not there :( maybe because im using german language???

Edit I can finds speech for youtube: with com.google.android.youtube

One more question sorry for double posting... Will I loose connection to my yt account? I cannot live without my subscriptions the comment feature etc....
    You'll find the packages here (see screenshot for the exact names):
    "Application Info/Manage > Detach Package from Playstore > DETACH: Select Package the Protection Level"
    Vanced will handle your subscriptions just like the official Youtube app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-120604_TeMeFI.png
      Screenshot_20210508-120604_TeMeFI.png
      88.5 KB · Views: 15

furomin

• Jan 24, 2020
    You'll find the packages here (see screenshot for the exact names):
    "Application Info/Manage > Detach Package from Playstore > DETACH: Select Package the Protection Level"
    Vanced will handle your subscriptions just like the official Youtube app.
    and this will survive a reboot? :D
    btw it was the speech thing wehatever idk anything

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    not there :( maybe because im using german language???

Edit I can finds speech for youtube: with com.google.android.youtube
    Whenever trying to find an item in a long menu list, that is generated on the fly (such as a list of apps on, or registered to your phone), click the menu button so the fly-out menu is shown, then LONG press the"X" button, which will pop up an entry box for you to type in a non case sensitive filter. In this case enter "youtube". This will filter by package / document ID, which is NOT language sensitive. IfI have seen the label for the doc id have some crazy description text, which is an issue with the playstore, not TeMeFI. TeMeFI uses what the playstore provides; right or wrong.

Long press the HOME button in the fly-out menu to remove the filter and re-load the long/full/unfiltered menu list.

The detach only affects the playstore, not the app you are detaching.

and this will survive a reboot? :D
    btw it was the speech thing wehatever idk anything
    yes. It would be useless if it did not.

Do not clear your playstore data and do not visit the YouTube page in the playstore. Even if you manually try and update YouTube (which you should never do, see previous instruction), or whatever app you have detached using method 3, the playstore will be killed.

kamild_

• Whenever trying to find an item in a long menu list, that is generated on the fly (such as a list of apps on, or registered to your phone), click the menu button so the fly-out menu is shown, then LONG press the"X" button, which will pop up an entry box for you to type in a non case sensitive filter. In this case enter "youtube". This will filter by package / document ID, which is NOT language sensitive. IfI have seen the label for the doc id have some crazy description text, which is an issue with the playstore, not TeMeFI. TeMeFI uses what the playstore provides; right or wrong.
    What if even by searching for "youtube" this way there's nothing on the list? I went through that list like 5 times by now...

EDIT: Nvm, was doing something else and I had to wipe data for Google Play Store and Google Play Services, now they show up.

Reactions: furomin

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    EDIT: Nvm, was doing something else and I had to wipe data for Google Play Store and Google Play Services, now they show up.
    A marginally related issue: I have noticed that if I freeze an app via Titanium Backup, its package name no longer shows up in the package lists for the Detach function in TeMeFI, and it's also missing from some other TeMeFI package lists. I have had to perform a Defrost in Titanium Backup before I can properly perform some of these TeMeFI functions on the app. I'm guessing that this might also occur when using some other non-TeMeFI apps to modify packages.

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    Do not clear your playstore data and do not visit the YouTube page in the playstore. Even if you manually try and update YouTube (which you should never do, see previous instruction), or whatever app you have detached using method 3, the playstore will be killed.
    I have read a number of times here about Playstore being killed when accessing a Method-3-detached app there. I have a bad memory and am a little clumsy, and so I have avoided Method 3, lest I forget that I had previously detached a given app when I am using Playstore, or I accidentally click on the wrong app from Playstore.

But I'm wondering whether this Playstore killing is actually all that egregious. Once killed in this manner, will Playstore restart properly the next time I invoke it, or will it be permanently non-restartable from that point forward? If it's the former, then I don't mind it being killed if I accidentally select a Method-3-detached app.

• Wow
    Reactions: furomin

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    What if even by searching for "youtube" this way there's nothing on the list? I went through that list like 5 times by now...

The list I present is based on the doc_id and IF a description is provided by the playstore internals, then I prefix it with that. It will ALWAYS have trhe doc_id so youtube if it is attached will appear in the list 100% as its part of the doc id.

However, the playstore does not store the description for every app, and sometimes for the same app it does not store it, and sometimes it even stores rubbish. I have been testing youtube for a while, and I have seen it labeled correctly, no label, and labeled something like "Languages for youtube". Its a mixed bad, and its all on google, not TeMeFI. I simply use what I am being provided, and as they say, "rubbish in, rubbish out". However, the doc_id will always be there. Do the detachments based on the doc_id, NOT the description.

A marginally related issue: I have noticed that if I freeze an app via Titanium Backup, its package name no longer shows up in the package lists for the Detach function in TeMeFI, and it's also missing from some other TeMeFI package lists. I have had to perform a Defrost in Titanium Backup before I can properly perform some of these TeMeFI functions on the app. I'm guessing that this might also occur when using some other non-TeMeFI apps to modify packages.
    You can not only freeze but also Hide apps using TeMeFI. Historically I found that apps that were "simply" frozen, still appeared in the memory of my running device. So I dont trust freezing anymore (once bitten twice shy, but maybe they have fized it in newer androids). I freeze and then Hide using TeMeFI.

As for it appearing in the list of apps for detaching, I go back to what I have said MANY times before. You can only detach something that is attached in the playstore. I havent explicitly tested if freezing/hiding removes it from the playstore (I RAELLY dont think so). I would of expected it to remain in your Library, but I have not tested it. Maybe, but highly likely by what you are saying, Titanium is doing a freeze AND detaching it from the playstore as part of a Freeze. And I repeat, You can only detach something that is attached in the playstore. And Titanium is a black box on what it does, and I am not about to debug Titanium.

I have read a number of times here about Playstore being killed when accessing a Method-3-detached app there. I have a bad memory and am a little clumsy, and so I have avoided Method 3, lest I forget that I had previously detached a given app when I am using Playstore, or I accidentally click on the wrong app from Playstore.

But I'm wondering whether this Playstore killing is actually all that egregious. Once killed in this manner, will Playstore restart properly the next time I invoke it, or will it be permanently non-restartable from that point forward? If it's the former, then I don't mind it being killed if I accidentally select a Method-3-detached app.
    I only induce the playstore to have an internal error; it would appear as a bug/crash, and because it appears to be poorly handled and untapped by google, it crashes and dies. I have never had an issue, and it would be VERY poor programming by google if they were to be totally unrecoverable from an "internal" error; triggered by TeMeFI ;).

The only draw back I have seen, is that with only YouTube detached (using Method 3), the background auto updates still occurred (but maybe delayed). Now with 10-20 apps detached (all method 3), the auto updates have never occurred, so I just press the update all button; which is safe as no detached apps appear in the list. On my Pixel 4a running A11, at the end of the day, if there are apps to be updated, I get a lock-screen notification, which I click on, and that takes me directly to the update all screen.

Last edited:

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
    Hippoland
    As for it appearing in the list of apps for detaching, I go back to what I have said MANY times before. You can only detach something that is attached in the playstore. I havent explicitly tested if freezing/hiding removes it from the playstore (I RAELLY dont think so). I would of expected it to remain in your Library, but I have not tested it. Maybe, but highly likely by what you are saying, Titanium is doing a freeze AND detaching it from the playstore as part of a Freeze. And I repeat, You can only detach something that is attached in the playstore. And Titanium is a black box on what it does, and I am not about to debug Titanium.
    The apps I have frozen via Titanium Backup still appear in the Playstore. I don't expect you to know anything about the inner workings of Titanium, nor am I asking you to change or fix anything in TeMeFI.

I'm just reporting this behavior, in case anyone else might have encountered this issue of apps not appearing in some TeMeFI lists if they have been frozen via some other program. If so, they should just "Defrost" the app from Titanium (or perhaps via whatever other program they might have originally used to freeze the given app), and it should subsequently show up in these TeMeFI lists.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Hi, sorry if wrong but i got this log after detach Youtube and Youtube music with method 3, is it fine?
      ...snip...
      Where to start...

Could you please please PLEASE edit your post and change the included screenshot to a thumbnail instead of the full image. Not only does it make your own post harder to read, but also everyone else's.

On a high level, a "segmentation fault" is a very low level error, and i would only expect to see that in the binaries (as untrapped errors) built into your ROM, not directly from script code executed by TeMeFI.

Do not post screenshots of errors. A screenshot is only part of the results, which are scroll-able! Its like you have shown me the tip of your finger, and are asking me to diagnose a brain hemorrhage.
      SAVE the output using the little disk icon on the right of the fly-out menu. Then short click (a long click will delete the error log) the little bomb icon (which i thought would be pretty hard to miss) in the top right, and save off its output; we'll use these later, but there is still more reports to save off.

Next, If you looked at the menu, the item just above the detach is a "Check Detach". If you click on that and check the detach of youtube, save off those results also.

Your post is missing possible important info outside of TeMeFII. What device? what ROM and android version?

Another script I would like to see the output from, is the SQLite tests/info. Run the reports, and save off the results for Database>SQLite Location and Version + Database>SQLite3 Test And Help

So, from the above, you should have 4 saved off reports (if I counted correctly). Go into /sdcard/TeMeFI and zip up these 4 reports, and attach them to a post here, with the answer to my above questions regarding device and ROM.

out of interest, can you run the Battery History reports OK?
      ********************************************************************************
      ***************************** New Version v1.1.06 *****************************

***********************************************************************************

Interesting things in this release:

The BIG thing in this release is a bunch of new reports sourced from the Battery history report. You can find them under Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>*

NameOutput
      Battery LevelGRAPH
      BrightnessGRAPH
      Device Idle StateGRAPH
      GPS Signal QualityGRAPH
      HealthGRAPH
      Phone Scanning StateGRAPH
      Phone Signal StrengthGRAPH
      Plug StateGRAPH
      StatusGRAPH
      TemperatureGRAPH
      VoltGRAPH
      WiFi Signal StrengthGRAPH
      WiFi SupplimentalGRAPH
      App ActiveTABLE
      JobTABLE
      Package InstallTABLE
      Temp WhitelistTABLE
      Top AppTABLE
      Wake LockTABLE
      Wake ReasonTABLE
      Wake Up AppTABLE
      WiFi DataTABLE
      WiFI Full Lock [Negative]BLIP
      WiFI Full Lock [Positive]BLIP
      WiFi Radio [Negative]BLIP
      WiFi Radio [Positive]BLIP
      WiFi ScanBLIP
      WiFi Scan [Negative]BLIP
      WiFi Scan [Positive]BLIP

01 New Type - Graph.png 03 New Types - Blps.png 02 New Types - Tables .png

An overview of the new report layout
      00 overview.png

Some examples of these reports, but first SOME of the graphs:
      04 Graph - WiFi Signal Strength.png 05 Graph - Phone Signal Strength.png 06 Graph - Screen Brightness.png 07 Graph - Device Idle.png 08 Graph -WiFi Suplimental.png 09 Graph -Temperature.png

The General layout of the "Table" and "Blip" reports:
      10 Table -Active App.png

A few things of interest:
      1. I have placed a background of "DRAFT" in all these reports, as I still consider them WIP, although they are close enough for a preview. It was also a little of me playing with backgrounds...
      2. These reports cross over reboots. So the Device Idle report is much less detailed than the doze report, it does not get reset on a reboot.
      3. I found the temperatire report responds very well to the charging rate
      4. The min and max of a graph is scaled up to not starty at zdero, and will go up to the next 100 unit.
      5. Every time I was debugging one report, I found even more data available within the report (the above li8sts will not be all availoable). It was a never ending source of data. YOU may find something I could extend it with by lo0oking inside a battery history text report, and letting me know.
      6. I have plans to add a rate / hour graph to the "Blip" and "Table" reports, which currently do not have visualization in a graph. Think of, for example, rate of wake-locks per hour, over the day.

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>New Menu Items"

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"

Enjoy and stay safe.

PS: I am pretty chuffed about the new reports....
      New Version v1.1.07

There has been MAJOR changes / extensions to the reports I introduced / previewed in the last release.
      • The number of reports available is now around 70 from the previous count of around 30
      • Previously, the text/blip reports were not graphed. I now geherate graphs which show a count of the occurances per time window (user specified, but I strongly suggest 1hr=60min)
      • You can now aggregate theVALUE reports to give an AVERAGE over a user selected time window. Generally, I would suggest not aggregating them.The average is NOT time weighted. If you have a value of 10 for the first 5 minutes of an hour, and 95 for the rest of the hour, it will simply do (5+95)/2=50
      • For TEXT and BLIP reports you get an "incident" kind of report showing which is sorted descending on how many times it occured over the whole report. For example, you can see which wake_lock occured the most
      • For ALL graphs you can select to export the actual source data used to generate the graph
      • I also removed the background DRAFT image

4 Types of data
      1. BLIP - finds a specific chunk of text. example "+audio. It will graph a count within the selected time window
      2. TEXT - finds a specific chunk of "text"="to text". Example wake_reason=0:"55:wlan_ce_2"
      3. GRAPH_MAP - finds where a tag = a text value. eg wifi_signal=good These text values are then mapped to something that can be graphed
      4. GRAPH_VALUE - finds where a tag = a numeric value and plots the value. eg volts=3702 It will assume the plot from that point till the next value that change it
      00 Output Type = BLIP.PNG 03 Output Type = TEXT.PNG 01 Output Type = GRAPH_MAP.PNG 02 Output Type = GRAPH_VALUE.PNG
      All the above except GRAPH_MAP can be grouped over a time window (number of minutes, suggested is 60 minutes = 1 hour).
      The graph value ones already have a calculated length of time based on when it next changes.
      When you group BLIP & TEXT (a graph can only be generated as a count over each time interval), it will graph the total count of events that occur within the time window. It is not time weighted over the interval.
      If you group GRAPH_VALUE, it will graph the average of the value of events that occur, again, not time weighted.

A couple of examples: First off the whole page of a TEXT or BLIP report
      01 WakeReason.png

Some extra info on a value report
      02 Volt.png

As before, the graphs can be found at Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras> Then menu/selection goes
      1. Width
      2. Data Type (see above), this controls/limits which reports you can select from in the last step
      3. Aggregate over? OR Export the source data
      4. Which graph?
      It may seem at first to be a little in reverse order, but when I was testing, the above order was handy in that I could switch between reports without having to traverse back up the menu system and then come back down again selecting the same choices.

I also found that the limit on the number of graphed points was actually a typo in my render, and Chrome webview "giving up" after 512 mistakes; and I.E. not. I have fixed that and have seen graphs with nearly 2000 data points get rendered.

Another thing to note is that some graphs plot a LOT of data, and can take considerable time to generate. A couple I can think of are "Running" and Wake_Reaspon. Most only take a few seconds, but I have tseen 16minutes in some testing I did. But thye graph still generated and was displayed. Kind of ironic that the battery graph to help identify major drainers, is possibly a big drainer.

There is a lot more I coul.d say on thesechanges, buit I wpuldbe here for days, so I will leave it at th\e abopve fpor now, but will/may update this post in the future with more info, but will also add a post letting you know of the extra changes.

One bug I did notice on an unrelated method that I must of recently introduced, is that the "Add Separator" to favourites is broken, but I didnt wish to delay this release any further, and I found it after I had done my release build.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      New Version v1.1.09

There has been changes / extensions to the battery history reports
      • Moved all to its own sub menu
      • It now graphs 73 different data points. 101 if you count the "All's"
      • added the reports for the details of "Output Types", "Filter Types by Output Types" and "Mapped Values by Filter Types" See the attached images for a preview.
      • Added displaying the "AUTO-PLUS-DATA" which optionally returns the Raw data, but molded/cleaned a LOT more than the RAW data
      • changed some colours/heights for mappings. eg OOS for data connection is now RED and LOW

• Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Mapped Values by Filter Type
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Filter Types by Output Types
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Output Types
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery Stat Summaries>GPS
      • Currently Running>Memory>Virtual>Set Swappiness

Most should be in the ones mentioned above.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      New Version v1.1.08

There has been changes / extensions to the battery history reports
      • Con ==> Connection, and now "mapped" to the values of connection. Previously it just counted how often it changed.
      • Fixed a bug where mapped values would show the last value as ending as soon as it started, instead of extending to end of the report/graph
      • Fixed a bug where unknown mapped values would not show. Now they will show as RED at MAX value. The examples I found were <1px width so were not easy to see, even with these changes I made
      • Found a bug where "one in a thousand" randomly triggered a duplicate data point. I am messing with a LOT more data than these small devices appear to like to handle, so am tap-dancing to get it to process it.
      • Changed the menu to enable the "ALL" for type, and then list all, so you dont have to go in limited to only a select few data / graphs.
      • Included the new AUTO aggregation. It does not aggregate explicit value points (eg Volts which has a duration) OR MAPped values and defaults all others to 1 hr aggregation
      • Renamed a few data points, to enable filtering better (see below). eg Volts to Battery Volts
      • added / improved all the summary tables at the end of the report to show percentages and times and their percentages. And explicitly controlled the rounding. 10 decimal points on milliseconds (due to divisions) was a little silly (its calculated)
      • Merged BLIP & TEXT data types. A blip is basically a "TEXT" with no actual text. eg -job compared to +job="ijshdjhhsidbh" and the -Ves of +texts never have data anyway, but I previous was plotting them on the same graph, and as such both went down the same code path (NB: some graphs have multiple "flags"/data)
      • Internally changed the data types to TEXT, MAP, VALUE (used to be BLIP, TEXT, GRAPH_MAP & GRAPH_VALUE) as they are ALL graphed now

Example summary tables
      For a MAP
      map_summary.PNG

For a TEXT
      text_summary.PNG

For a Value
      value_summary.PNG

• Added some sqlite optimisation to the AdAway list/exclusive hosts comparisons. sqlite was having an internal hemorrhage for my list, having close to 1M blocked hosts.
      • Fixed the "Add separator" to favourites method
      Hopefully I'm done with these graphs for a while. Apart from running them of-course.;)

By the way, all the 71 items I found, were simply by looking at my Battery History textural report and visually scanning down the file (Currently Running>battery>Battery Stats). YOU may see something I missed, that is also interesting/of value. For me to add something should be pretty simply by a definition data row, and possible mapping, and all the graphing etc features get inherited and are thereby in the results. i have basically built a framework for scraping data out of the report and then graphing and tabulating/summarising it.

My suggested way of using these graphs now, is to follow the menu path:
      1. Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras
      2. For width, 2x to 4x or more, generally as 2 times the number of days since your battery history was reset
      3. *ALL* [ALL]
      4. AUTO - Values logged or 60 min *SUGGESTED*
      5. Then selected whichever graph you want to see
      Because the list is showing a single list of 71 different graphs (ie a LONG list) I usually use the pre-existing feature to filter the menu list down. After displaying the menu, LONG press the "X", then enter what to filter on. The text is case insensitive and can be a partial match. For example, to filter the list to WiFI specific ones, just enter "wifi" in the pop-up and click ok. This step is not truly 100%, as when looking at WiFI, you may also be interested in the "Connection" graph and possibly (I dont know why) the "Data Connection"(which I think is mobile data, not WiFI)

NONE I can think of

All there should be is the ones mentioned above.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      you jest, but you may not know or remember of the instance where someone wanted me to changed the OP because the app name *could* be read in a questionable manner
      I do, and that was why I wrote that. Totally OT: I am offended by people who look for a reason to be offended. 😉
      TeMeFI

icon_source3.png

This app provides/returns a bucket load of information regarding your device and the currently running ROM, and much, much more. And hence the name "TeMeFI"; as its Too Much F????? Information. The F stands for whatever your comfortable with.;)

TeMeFI v1.1.09
      MD5: 95FBDBC8CB98FBA09DFD58A509708925

Simply download the APK and install as normal, and allow root when asked, and grant storage permissions. I *think* the very first time you run it, there possibly may be an issue with the menu. Simply stop and restart the app.

You can use it without root, but you will be HEAVILY limited in what you can do. Also, installing busybox opens another menu for you, and so does Magisk (17.*+). SQLite3 is also a HUGE feature adder (ie if you have it, it enables many many methods). Can be installed via Magisk if your ROM does not have it by default.

If you are unrooted, have a read of the following post, regarding a recently added feature for non-root users

The "search" function is very useful for finding what you need, but it does not search inside dynamic menu's. Its the magnifying glass in the slide out toolbar/menu

The current menu can be viewed within the app at TeMeFI Configuration>Show Whole Menu or a historic example at: CURRENT MENU [as at 2021-04-07]

XDA:DevDB Information
      [APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system documentation & action, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
      DiamondJohn

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: 1.1.09
      Stable Release Date / Last Updated: 18 Jun 2021
      Current Beta Version: 1.0.3
      Beta Release Date: 2018-06-21

Created 2018-06-19

I will fill in this page as I get around to it.
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.77

Notable changes are:
      v2 of detach apps from playstore NB: If you are already using it, simply reapply the method. Method 3 is recommended for YouTube, but all 3 have been upgraded
      Added touchable hot-spots to the mem info graph
      Added Timezone view and setting
      corrected the loading of the previous results when displaying the covid pages

Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>Select Package then Protection Level v2
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Category
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Process
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by OOM
      Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update
      Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update>COVID-19 Status Update Desktop

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timestamp (ROOT)
      Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timezone
      Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone
      Current State>Timezone
      Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone (ROOT)

It is recommended that you delete ALL your existing favorites and re-create them, as they will run the old code/version.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      Fly-out Toolbar items and their Actions

The fly out toolbar has had its buttons and their corresponding actions change over time. However of recent, they have been pretty stable, and as they have changed over time, and I probably said what / how their function changed, its probably all over the thread. So, I thought it might be best to have a single location / doco of what the current buttons actually do.

Firstly, to display the toolbar, simply click on the menu. If it isn't already showing.
      MenuButton.png

Each button, has both a "short-press" and "long-press" action.

The icons kind-of relate to their short press action.

NB The following are from v1.0..19 The main difference are a long press on the [<] arrow goes back to the previous results, and a long press of the [HOME} icon reloads the current menu (useful if you filtered the menu items), and a long poress on the pencil icon saves off the action as a favourite. Also, the long press on the exit icon [X] acts to filter a menu list that was generated by code. eg any list of installed apps
      For Short-press actions:
      Shortpress menu actions.png

For Long press actions
      Longpress menu actions.png

If you get an error, a toast will be shown which is HEAVILY CUT DOWN, so please no screen shots!:mad:
      To get the full error text, the best way is the following long press as shown in the image below.
      GET_FULL_ERROR_TEXT_TeMeFI_20200605-190139.jpg

And again, NOT a screen shot of the results. Save off the results using the save button (ie the pencil icon explained above), then get the log text file from /sdcard/TeMeFI, and attach it to a post.

please stop with the screenshots of a cut down error message :crying: :crying: :crying:
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.66

This release is a major update.:eek:

• Added a new type of battery history graph. Type 4. This new one plots the battery drain % per hour (user selectable max range) with the colour of the block as the battery level %.
      • corrected spelling of "Manage Permission" to "Manage Permissions"
      • Removed duplicate battery reset, changed it to a short cut
      • Moved a bunch of battery stuff into a new menu of "Currently Running>Battery" INCLUDING the battery history graph
      • moved running processes into a sub menu
      • moved a bunch of dumpsys commands from various location to mostly be under the single menu item "Current State>Dumpsys"
      • Added LMK details
      • Added Setting of LMK min memory values
      • Added Setting of LMK min memory break OOM levels and their mod
      • On the new battery history graph, the horizontal ruler count depends on the % (4-4 lines, 25=5 lines, 50=5 lines 100=4 lines and 200 = 10 lines)
      • added a colour map/legend to battery history graphs that use it
      • Added a few other menu items/actions
      • Improved handling of device rotation/orientation and switching to another app and back again

As you can see below, there have been a lot of changes to the internal code that run reports, and perform the actions.

However, the BIG new feature is the "Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph", I have now added a new way to look at your battery history.
      "4. Discharge Rate as vertical height and Battery Level as the Gradient Colour (Green=100%, Red=0%)"​

THIS NEW GRAPH IS THE BIG ADDITION! It is truly my latest obsession. It displays your battery discharge rate / hour as the vertical height (so the lower the better), and the colour of the graph shows your battery level (it should basically fade from green to red, left to right) And logically, the higher the graph, the faster the change in colours. NB: My phone has a removable battery, so you can see jumps where I changed battery, instead of charging the one in the device. Another interesting fact that comes out in the graph, is the jump in discharge (ie the height) during a boot and shutdown, which makes totally logical sense.:good:

This graph is an early build, so should be considered a WIP:p. 90% of the time, it appears OK:victory:, but I have seen some questionable results (minor) if the device is rebooted and switched between charging often. I thought it was good enough for a first release :highfive:

It takes some time in getting a firm grasp of exactly what you are looking at, but once you do, its like you can see the "Matrix" :cool:

NB: This graph is in addition to the previously provided graphs.

You can view the new graph at 4%/hour (with each horizontal line at 0.5% intervals), 25%/hour (with each horizontal line at 5% intervals), 50%/hour (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals), 100% (with each horizontal line at 25% intervals) and 200% (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals). (and a few others I added at the last minute:rolleyes:)

An important concept to understand, is the 100% / hour would mean your battery would be dead in an hour, IIIFFFF the graph showed that it was running at full tilt for the full hour.

There is also a colour chart/grid below the graph to help translate the colours to actual battery levels. But again, if you transfer the file to a pc, the mouse hover should give you the details (I didn't test it, but I did not change it either)

When its charging, it may appear to flip up and down. This is due to the source data being in whole numbers (ie integers, eg 1 instead of 1.5), so it it charges at 3% per 2 minutes, it will report 1 minute at 1% and then the next minute at 2%, and then back again, and hence the flip/jumping up and down.

Its good to use the 4% to check your idle drain (mine goes below .5%! which would mean theoretically 200hrs if it stayed like that; but I normally get about 25hrs due to actually using the phone). I switch to one of the higher (ie 25-200%) graphs to see just how high the peaks go for a very short time.

The other BIG thing is the Low Memory Killer (ie LMK) items.

Also, its been there a while, but wake-locks are under the new battery menu as well.

Totally New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Code:
      These first two are simply shortcuts to the original items found in a different location within the menu. Just saves navigating back and forth when investigating/correcting the MediaDB
      	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Date Range
      	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Start Character

General info regarding the internal action items. I mainly use this for info and as an integrity check of the menu system before I do a release, in case of a typo.
      For example, The first one is a listing of where I have used shortcuts, which in a way are a duplicate, but only as an entry point. There is only a single version of the code.
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Action Type Breakdown
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Duplicate Sort Order
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Expand Prefix
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu with No Children
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information

These allow you to view AND modify your LMK. NB: The third item in the list actually has ALL the config detils (mem va;lsand OOM val's) while the first has a bit of textural background explaining LMK values somewhat.
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current LMK Min Memory Free Values
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Free Break Points
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set LMK Min Memory Free Values
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)

Currently Running>Battery>Battery Files /sys/class/power_supply/battery

Currently Running>Broadcasted Activity Intents
      	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Properties & Health
      	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Reset
      	Device Details>Kernel>CPU Scheduler Features
      	Dynamic Lists>Files>Data System

Currently Running>Running Processes
      	Currently Running>Battery

You will see some "New Items" in this list, as I had major upgrade/fixes after my initial cut of code.
      Modified Menu Items within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Updated Menu Items"
      Code:
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
      TeMeFI Configuration>Get default Blob Config      
      Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
      Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Fre
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Two Field Table Filter
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Delete Table Data
      Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Complex Filtered Table Data
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered & Grouped Table Data
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Table Data   
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Grouped Table Data    
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>All Table data        
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
      Device Details>Display Size                       
      Database>Admin Actions>Run ALL PRAGMA statements for a Database
      Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
      Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph   
      Device Details>Kernel>SYS Kernel File join        
      Currently Running>Battery>Battery Simulate>Battery Reset

Enjoy!
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.82

Notable changes:
      NB: the changes made to the detach methods, are only spelling and extra info. There are no structural/technical changes to the detach methods.
      The battery history changes are covering two aspects.
      1. The formatting is now more in-line with the doze graph (black on white table text for headers/labels)
      2. The Auto-Height has been corrected. I think it currently runs off of a % of items by count, not by time at that discharge rate. Previously it rounded the max up so much, it basically included nearly everything every time.

Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>ENABLE ATT: One App for re-attachment
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Currently Running>Doze>Doze Parameter Description

Enjoy and stay safe.