[APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system Administration

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Sir @DiamondJohn , may i know how to fix this? TemeFI seems a bit weird in my phone. Thats not what it looks like when i installed it first after reflashing my firmware. I can't see the detach section now and the other features. I dont want to clear the data of it because it may mess up the detach feature which is still working even though the feature is missing inside the app.
    Any ideas? Thanks.
    For the most part, clearing data wont help TeMeFI to right any wrongs. I re-create what you need on every startup as its quite small. If anything, clearing the cache can fix some weird issues. Another avenue, is deleting your /sdcard/TeMeFI folder, where I store your settingss, configuration and Favorites

HOWEVER! what appears to be your specific issue is that TeMeFI has not been granted root.

Check in Magisk that root is allowed specifically for TeMeFI. If you watch carefully, and have not explicitly turned it (ie notifications from Magisk) off, you will also catch a short toast from Magisk telling you that TeMeFI was denied root.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Oh, and clearing data or cache or even uninstalling TeMeFI will not break the detach. However, wiping your playstore will, as in running a clean flash, you will need to re-detach. It is specific to the physical device, and a clean flash is a new device.. Once you fix your root issue, you can always run the check.

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
    Redmi Note 8 Pro
    For the most part, clearing data wont help TeMeFI to right any wrongs. I re-create what you need on every startup as its quite small. If anything, clearing the cache can fix some weird issues. Another avenue, is deleting your /sdcard/TeMeFI folder, where I store your settingss, configuration and Favorites

HOWEVER! what appears to be your specific issue is that TeMeFI has not been granted root.

Check in Magisk that root is allowed specifically for TeMeFI. If you watch carefully, and have not explicitly turned it (ie notifications from Magisk) off, you will also catch a short toast from Magisk telling you that TeMeFI was denied root.
    I got it fixed through your suggestions sir. I revoked the root rights of TemeFI app on magisk first, cleared cache of the app and deleted the TemeFI folder in storage directory. Thank you so much sir, you've always been a great help. I can't use my OS now without TemeFI, it's so useful on every aspect.

Reactions: pocketrule

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    I just detached YouTube from the play store using temefi. Hopefully it stays. I'm having no luck with other methods.
    Its been working for me for years and many others. Just ensure you used method 3 and run the check after to ensure you were in a state that it would work. The output from the detach would of warned you if you were not in a good state.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Everything says pass.

Some of them say low and very low. Is that alright?
    The "high", "low" and "very low" is an indication of how serious a "fail" would be, not how strong the part is instilled. Each part is checked if it is either on or off, not the degree of how on or off it is. And you did use method 3?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    New Version v1.1.05

Interesting things in this release:
    • (Re)Fixed the ability to save a detach (and others) as favourites. The last release (re) broke it. sorry.
    • Fixed the "exclude" lines from results function, accessible by long pressing the "code" icon in the fly-out tool bar. Its the one between the Magnifying Glass and the Pencil
    • Minor fixes to the info displayed under the results (ie path and code preview)
    • A couple internal improvements
    • Fix to the SE Linux denials logcat

Download: SEE OP!

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>New Menu Items"

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"

Enjoy and stay safe.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Just an interesting couple of notes. As all of you will be aware, I use the dancing banana as the wait icon/animation. I recently noticed, the same is being used by a user as their profile pic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/help-thread-ask-any-question-noob-friendly.2257421/post-85010095

Also, I recently watched a SNL video on YouTube, that used the dancing banana as part of the gag.

A while back someone questioned if it was funny! but, the SNL sketch is actually making fun of people who do find it humorous...

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Those old enough, might remember the flash version (2002).
    I thought it was late 90's ;)

Cheers. :cowboy:

PS.
    We can never get PB&J TIME out of our heads. :D
    ahhhh... I just noticed on watching the SNL vid again, he starts to sing the song. Didn't hit me, as the commercial didn't make it to aus. and now, maybe a song in the background of the wait icon....

and just in case it was missed, there was a new release in the post just before it.

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 14, 2016
    Google Nexus 10
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    ahhhh... I just noticed on watching the SNL vid again, he starts to sing the song. Didn't hit me, as the commercial didn't make it to aus. and now, maybe a song in the background of the wait icon....

and just in case it was missed, there was a new release in the post just before it.
    I had to go back and look at the SNL clip again.
    I missed that he started singing it also. ;)

I just hear the song every time I see the dancing banana. :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: pocketrule

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Those old enough, might remember the flash version (2002).
    I thought it was late 90's ;)

PS.
    We can never get PB&J TIME out of our heads. :D

Gotta love any thread where a release takes a backseat to dancing bananas :)

You two need therapy

And yep that commercial didnt make it Aus :) If you tried to convince any Aussie that peanut butter and jam went on the same sandwich they would punch you hard in the face :)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    I had to go back and look at the SNL clip again.
    I missed that he started singing it also. ;)

I just hear the song every time I see the dancing banana. :D
    You have to start worrying when the voices in your head drown out the sounds in front of you ;)
    Gotta love any thread where a release takes a backseat to dancing bananas :)
    and ironically, I think its a pretty good release.

...snip...
    You two need therapy
    ...snip...
    You think IIII need therapy. I briefly toyed with the idea of scraping a YouTube video for a better resolution animation, and when I did a search, a TEN HOUR long clip of the dancing banana came up in the results! I think that was probably caused by the mixing of a legume and the ground up animal by-products mixed with fruit, and then making a song about it.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    I have 1 problem: the app has been installed and opened for a few hours, but it doesn't show up in the list of apps to detach. and the app has been deleted but still shows up in the list of apps to detach
    I have a bigger problem. You have not fully explained what you are talking about. Do not forget, TeMeFI has 500+ features, and you are talking bout one very specific feature, without giving me the full context.

I will ASSUME you are trying to detach YouTube.

Short answer(s).
    You cannot detach something from the playstore, that is not attached.​
    Installation is NOT an attachment​

The long answer:
    1. Running the app does NOT make it available to detach. Running the app has little to do with the playstore, which is where it gets detached and from where I generate a list of apps available for detachment.
    2. I have explained in this thread many times, how to force an attach (at least what has worked for me). In short, click the install/update button in the PlayStore and then click cancel, before it actually installs. This technique has worked for me, but attaching an app is beyond my control and scope of TeMeFI. Its all about the DEtach here ;)
    3. The list is what is stored in the PlayStore, NOT what is installed or uninstalled on your device, at any particular moment in time. For example, once you install and then uninstall an app, the PLAYSTORE keeps a reference to the app in your "Library". I personally have a number of apps that were never installed on my device, detached, so as to stop them from being installed behind my back. Again, the list is what the playstore thinks and presents as attached to your account to some degree, NOT what is actually installed on your device. If its not in the list, then you should speak to google about their shortcomings, not TeMeFI.

oldman20

Jan 18, 2014
    Hà Nội
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    I have a bigger problem. You have not fully explained what you are talking about. Do not forget, TeMeFI has 500+ features, and you are talking bout one very specific feature, without giving me the full context.

I will ASSUME you are trying to detach YouTube.

Short answer(s).
    You cannot detach something from the playstore, that is not attached.​
    Installation is NOT an attachment​

The long answer:
    1. Running the app does NOT make it available to detach. Running the app has little to do with the playstore, which is where it gets detached and from where I generate a list of apps available for detachment.
    2. I have explained in this thread many times, how to force an attach (at least what has worked for me). In short, click the install/update button in the PlayStore and then click cancel, before it actually installs. This technique has worked for me, but attaching an app is beyond my control and scope of TeMeFI. Its all about the DEtach here ;)
    3. The list is what is stored in the PlayStore, NOT what is installed or uninstalled on your device, at any particular moment in time. For example, once you install and then uninstall an app, the PLAYSTORE keeps a reference to the app in your "Library". I personally have a number of apps that were never installed on my device, detached, so as to stop them from being installed behind my back. Again, the list is what the playstore thinks and presents as attached to your account to some degree, NOT what is actually installed on your device. If its not in the list, then you should speak to google about their shortcomings, not TeMeFI.
    Forgive me! My bad. Now i full understand. Thank you so much and thank your greatest app!!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    ********************************************************************************
    ***************************** New Version v1.1.06 *****************************

***********************************************************************************

The BIG thing in this release is a bunch of new reports sourced from the Battery history report. You can find them under Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>*

NameOutput
    Battery LevelGRAPH
    BrightnessGRAPH
    Device Idle StateGRAPH
    GPS Signal QualityGRAPH
    HealthGRAPH
    Phone Scanning StateGRAPH
    Phone Signal StrengthGRAPH
    Plug StateGRAPH
    StatusGRAPH
    TemperatureGRAPH
    VoltGRAPH
    WiFi Signal StrengthGRAPH
    WiFi SupplimentalGRAPH
    App ActiveTABLE
    JobTABLE
    Package InstallTABLE
    Temp WhitelistTABLE
    Top AppTABLE
    Wake LockTABLE
    Wake ReasonTABLE
    Wake Up AppTABLE
    WiFi DataTABLE
    WiFI Full Lock [Negative]BLIP
    WiFI Full Lock [Positive]BLIP
    WiFi Radio [Negative]BLIP
    WiFi Radio [Positive]BLIP
    WiFi ScanBLIP
    WiFi Scan [Negative]BLIP
    WiFi Scan [Positive]BLIP

01 New Type - Graph.png 03 New Types - Blps.png 02 New Types - Tables .png

An overview of the new report layout
    00 overview.png

Some examples of these reports, but first SOME of the graphs:
    04 Graph - WiFi Signal Strength.png 05 Graph - Phone Signal Strength.png 06 Graph - Screen Brightness.png 07 Graph - Device Idle.png 08 Graph -WiFi Suplimental.png 09 Graph -Temperature.png

The General layout of the "Table" and "Blip" reports:
    10 Table -Active App.png

A few things of interest:
    1. I have placed a background of "DRAFT" in all these reports, as I still consider them WIP, although they are close enough for a preview. It was also a little of me playing with backgrounds...
    2. These reports cross over reboots. So the Device Idle report is much less detailed than the doze report, it does not get reset on a reboot.
    3. I found the temperatire report responds very well to the charging rate
    4. The min and max of a graph is scaled up to not starty at zdero, and will go up to the next 100 unit.
    5. Every time I was debugging one report, I found even more data available within the report (the above li8sts will not be all availoable). It was a never ending source of data. YOU may find something I could extend it with by lo0oking inside a battery history text report, and letting me know.
    6. I have plans to add a rate / hour graph to the "Blip" and "Table" reports, which currently do not have visualization in a graph. Think of, for example, rate of wake-locks per hour, over the day.

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"

Enjoy and stay safe.

PS: I am pretty chuffed about the new reports....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      ********************************************************************************
      ***************************** New Version v1.1.06 *****************************

***********************************************************************************

The BIG thing in this release is a bunch of new reports sourced from the Battery history report. You can find them under Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>*

NameOutput
      Battery LevelGRAPH
      BrightnessGRAPH
      Device Idle StateGRAPH
      GPS Signal QualityGRAPH
      HealthGRAPH
      Phone Scanning StateGRAPH
      Phone Signal StrengthGRAPH
      Plug StateGRAPH
      StatusGRAPH
      TemperatureGRAPH
      VoltGRAPH
      WiFi Signal StrengthGRAPH
      WiFi SupplimentalGRAPH
      App ActiveTABLE
      JobTABLE
      Package InstallTABLE
      Temp WhitelistTABLE
      Top AppTABLE
      Wake LockTABLE
      Wake ReasonTABLE
      Wake Up AppTABLE
      WiFi DataTABLE
      WiFI Full Lock [Negative]BLIP
      WiFI Full Lock [Positive]BLIP
      WiFi Radio [Negative]BLIP
      WiFi Radio [Positive]BLIP
      WiFi ScanBLIP
      WiFi Scan [Negative]BLIP
      WiFi Scan [Positive]BLIP

01 New Type - Graph.png 03 New Types - Blps.png 02 New Types - Tables .png

An overview of the new report layout
      00 overview.png

Some examples of these reports, but first SOME of the graphs:
      04 Graph - WiFi Signal Strength.png 05 Graph - Phone Signal Strength.png 06 Graph - Screen Brightness.png 07 Graph - Device Idle.png 08 Graph -WiFi Suplimental.png 09 Graph -Temperature.png

The General layout of the "Table" and "Blip" reports:
      10 Table -Active App.png

A few things of interest:
      1. I have placed a background of "DRAFT" in all these reports, as I still consider them WIP, although they are close enough for a preview. It was also a little of me playing with backgrounds...
      2. These reports cross over reboots. So the Device Idle report is much less detailed than the doze report, it does not get reset on a reboot.
      3. I found the temperatire report responds very well to the charging rate
      4. The min and max of a graph is scaled up to not starty at zdero, and will go up to the next 100 unit.
      5. Every time I was debugging one report, I found even more data available within the report (the above li8sts will not be all availoable). It was a never ending source of data. YOU may find something I could extend it with by lo0oking inside a battery history text report, and letting me know.
      6. I have plans to add a rate / hour graph to the "Blip" and "Table" reports, which currently do not have visualization in a graph. Think of, for example, rate of wake-locks per hour, over the day.

Enjoy and stay safe.

PS: I am pretty chuffed about the new reports....
      New Version v1.1.07

There has been MAJOR changes / extensions to the reports I introduced / previewed in the last release.
      • The number of reports available is now around 70 from the previous count of around 30
      • Previously, the text/blip reports were not graphed. I now geherate graphs which show a count of the occurances per time window (user specified, but I strongly suggest 1hr=60min)
      • You can now aggregate theVALUE reports to give an AVERAGE over a user selected time window. Generally, I would suggest not aggregating them.The average is NOT time weighted. If you have a value of 10 for the first 5 minutes of an hour, and 95 for the rest of the hour, it will simply do (5+95)/2=50
      • For TEXT and BLIP reports you get an "incident" kind of report showing which is sorted descending on how many times it occured over the whole report. For example, you can see which wake_lock occured the most
      • For ALL graphs you can select to export the actual source data used to generate the graph
      • I also removed the background DRAFT image

4 Types of data
      1. BLIP - finds a specific chunk of text. example "+audio. It will graph a count within the selected time window
      2. TEXT - finds a specific chunk of "text"="to text". Example wake_reason=0:"55:wlan_ce_2"
      3. GRAPH_MAP - finds where a tag = a text value. eg wifi_signal=good These text values are then mapped to something that can be graphed
      4. GRAPH_VALUE - finds where a tag = a numeric value and plots the value. eg volts=3702 It will assume the plot from that point till the next value that change it
      00 Output Type = BLIP.PNG 03 Output Type = TEXT.PNG 01 Output Type = GRAPH_MAP.PNG 02 Output Type = GRAPH_VALUE.PNG
      All the above except GRAPH_MAP can be grouped over a time window (number of minutes, suggested is 60 minutes = 1 hour).
      The graph value ones already have a calculated length of time based on when it next changes.
      When you group BLIP & TEXT (a graph can only be generated as a count over each time interval), it will graph the total count of events that occur within the time window. It is not time weighted over the interval.
      If you group GRAPH_VALUE, it will graph the average of the value of events that occur, again, not time weighted.

A couple of examples: First off the whole page of a TEXT or BLIP report
      01 WakeReason.png

Some extra info on a value report
      02 Volt.png

As before, the graphs can be found at Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras> Then menu/selection goes
      1. Width
      2. Data Type (see above), this controls/limits which reports you can select from in the last step
      3. Aggregate over? OR Export the source data
      4. Which graph?
      It may seem at first to be a little in reverse order, but when I was testing, the above order was handy in that I could switch between reports without having to traverse back up the menu system and then come back down again selecting the same choices.

I also found that the limit on the number of graphed points was actually a typo in my render, and Chrome webview "giving up" after 512 mistakes; and I.E. not. I have fixed that and have seen graphs with nearly 2000 data points get rendered.

Another thing to note is that some graphs plot a LOT of data, and can take considerable time to generate. A couple I can think of are "Running" and Wake_Reaspon. Most only take a few seconds, but I have tseen 16minutes in some testing I did. But thye graph still generated and was displayed. Kind of ironic that the battery graph to help identify major drainers, is possibly a big drainer.

There is a lot more I coul.d say on thesechanges, buit I wpuldbe here for days, so I will leave it at th\e abopve fpor now, but will/may update this post in the future with more info, but will also add a post letting you know of the extra changes.

One bug I did notice on an unrelated method that I must of recently introduced, is that the "Add Separator" to favourites is broken, but I didnt wish to delay this release any further, and I found it after I had done my release build.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      New Version v1.1.09

There has been changes / extensions to the battery history reports
      • Moved all to its own sub menu
      • It now graphs 73 different data points. 101 if you count the "All's"
      • added the reports for the details of "Output Types", "Filter Types by Output Types" and "Mapped Values by Filter Types" See the attached images for a preview.
      • Added displaying the "AUTO-PLUS-DATA" which optionally returns the Raw data, but molded/cleaned a LOT more than the RAW data
      • changed some colours/heights for mappings. eg OOS for data connection is now RED and LOW

• Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Mapped Values by Filter Type
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Filter Types by Output Types
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Output Types
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras
      • Currently Running>Battery>Battery Stat Summaries>GPS
      • Currently Running>Memory>Virtual>Set Swappiness

Most should be in the ones mentioned above.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      New Version v1.1.08

There has been changes / extensions to the battery history reports
      • Con ==> Connection, and now "mapped" to the values of connection. Previously it just counted how often it changed.
      • Fixed a bug where mapped values would show the last value as ending as soon as it started, instead of extending to end of the report/graph
      • Fixed a bug where unknown mapped values would not show. Now they will show as RED at MAX value. The examples I found were <1px width so were not easy to see, even with these changes I made
      • Found a bug where "one in a thousand" randomly triggered a duplicate data point. I am messing with a LOT more data than these small devices appear to like to handle, so am tap-dancing to get it to process it.
      • Changed the menu to enable the "ALL" for type, and then list all, so you dont have to go in limited to only a select few data / graphs.
      • Included the new AUTO aggregation. It does not aggregate explicit value points (eg Volts which has a duration) OR MAPped values and defaults all others to 1 hr aggregation
      • Renamed a few data points, to enable filtering better (see below). eg Volts to Battery Volts
      • added / improved all the summary tables at the end of the report to show percentages and times and their percentages. And explicitly controlled the rounding. 10 decimal points on milliseconds (due to divisions) was a little silly (its calculated)
      • Merged BLIP & TEXT data types. A blip is basically a "TEXT" with no actual text. eg -job compared to +job="ijshdjhhsidbh" and the -Ves of +texts never have data anyway, but I previous was plotting them on the same graph, and as such both went down the same code path (NB: some graphs have multiple "flags"/data)
      • Internally changed the data types to TEXT, MAP, VALUE (used to be BLIP, TEXT, GRAPH_MAP & GRAPH_VALUE) as they are ALL graphed now

Example summary tables
      For a MAP
      map_summary.PNG

For a TEXT
      text_summary.PNG

For a Value
      value_summary.PNG

• Added some sqlite optimisation to the AdAway list/exclusive hosts comparisons. sqlite was having an internal hemorrhage for my list, having close to 1M blocked hosts.
      • Fixed the "Add separator" to favourites method
      Hopefully I'm done with these graphs for a while. Apart from running them of-course.;)

By the way, all the 71 items I found, were simply by looking at my Battery History textural report and visually scanning down the file (Currently Running>battery>Battery Stats). YOU may see something I missed, that is also interesting/of value. For me to add something should be pretty simply by a definition data row, and possible mapping, and all the graphing etc features get inherited and are thereby in the results. i have basically built a framework for scraping data out of the report and then graphing and tabulating/summarising it.

My suggested way of using these graphs now, is to follow the menu path:
      1. Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras
      2. For width, 2x to 4x or more, generally as 2 times the number of days since your battery history was reset
      3. *ALL* [ALL]
      4. AUTO - Values logged or 60 min *SUGGESTED*
      5. Then selected whichever graph you want to see
      Because the list is showing a single list of 71 different graphs (ie a LONG list) I usually use the pre-existing feature to filter the menu list down. After displaying the menu, LONG press the "X", then enter what to filter on. The text is case insensitive and can be a partial match. For example, to filter the list to WiFI specific ones, just enter "wifi" in the pop-up and click ok. This step is not truly 100%, as when looking at WiFI, you may also be interested in the "Connection" graph and possibly (I dont know why) the "Data Connection"(which I think is mobile data, not WiFI)

NONE I can think of

All there should be is the ones mentioned above.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      you jest, but you may not know or remember of the instance where someone wanted me to changed the OP because the app name *could* be read in a questionable manner
      I do, and that was why I wrote that. Totally OT: I am offended by people who look for a reason to be offended. 😉
      TeMeFI

icon_source3.png

This app provides/returns a bucket load of information regarding your device and the currently running ROM, and much, much more. And hence the name "TeMeFI"; as its Too Much F????? Information. The F stands for whatever your comfortable with.;)

TeMeFI v1.1.09
      MD5: 95FBDBC8CB98FBA09DFD58A509708925

Simply download the APK and install as normal, and allow root when asked, and grant storage permissions. I *think* the very first time you run it, there possibly may be an issue with the menu. Simply stop and restart the app.

You can use it without root, but you will be HEAVILY limited in what you can do. Also, installing busybox opens another menu for you, and so does Magisk (17.*+). SQLite3 is also a HUGE feature adder (ie if you have it, it enables many many methods). Can be installed via Magisk if your ROM does not have it by default.

If you are unrooted, have a read of the following post, regarding a recently added feature for non-root users

The "search" function is very useful for finding what you need, but it does not search inside dynamic menu's. Its the magnifying glass in the slide out toolbar/menu

The current menu can be viewed within the app at TeMeFI Configuration>Show Whole Menu or a historic example at: CURRENT MENU [as at 2021-04-07]

XDA:DevDB Information
      [APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system documentation & action, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
      DiamondJohn

Version Information
      Stable
      Current Stable Version: 1.1.09
      Stable Release Date / Last Updated: 18 Jun 2021
      Current Beta Version: 1.0.3
      Beta Release Date: 2018-06-21

Created 2018-06-19

I will fill in this page as I get around to it.
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.77

Notable changes are:
      v2 of detach apps from playstore NB: If you are already using it, simply reapply the method. Method 3 is recommended for YouTube, but all 3 have been upgraded
      Added touchable hot-spots to the mem info graph
      Added Timezone view and setting
      corrected the loading of the previous results when displaying the covid pages

Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>Select Package then Protection Level v2
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Category
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Process
      Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by OOM
      Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update
      Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update>COVID-19 Status Update Desktop

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timestamp (ROOT)
      Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timezone
      Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone
      Current State>Timezone
      Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone (ROOT)

It is recommended that you delete ALL your existing favorites and re-create them, as they will run the old code/version.

Enjoy and stay safe.
      Fly-out Toolbar items and their Actions

The fly out toolbar has had its buttons and their corresponding actions change over time. However of recent, they have been pretty stable, and as they have changed over time, and I probably said what / how their function changed, its probably all over the thread. So, I thought it might be best to have a single location / doco of what the current buttons actually do.

Firstly, to display the toolbar, simply click on the menu. If it isn't already showing.
      MenuButton.png

Each button, has both a "short-press" and "long-press" action.

The icons kind-of relate to their short press action.

NB The following are from v1.0..19 The main difference are a long press on the [<] arrow goes back to the previous results, and a long press of the [HOME} icon reloads the current menu (useful if you filtered the menu items), and a long poress on the pencil icon saves off the action as a favourite. Also, the long press on the exit icon [X] acts to filter a menu list that was generated by code. eg any list of installed apps
      For Short-press actions:
      Shortpress menu actions.png

For Long press actions
      Longpress menu actions.png

If you get an error, a toast will be shown which is HEAVILY CUT DOWN, so please no screen shots!:mad:
      To get the full error text, the best way is the following long press as shown in the image below.
      GET_FULL_ERROR_TEXT_TeMeFI_20200605-190139.jpg

And again, NOT a screen shot of the results. Save off the results using the save button (ie the pencil icon explained above), then get the log text file from /sdcard/TeMeFI, and attach it to a post.

please stop with the screenshots of a cut down error message :crying: :crying: :crying:
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.66

This release is a major update.:eek:

• Added a new type of battery history graph. Type 4. This new one plots the battery drain % per hour (user selectable max range) with the colour of the block as the battery level %.
      • corrected spelling of "Manage Permission" to "Manage Permissions"
      • Removed duplicate battery reset, changed it to a short cut
      • Moved a bunch of battery stuff into a new menu of "Currently Running>Battery" INCLUDING the battery history graph
      • moved running processes into a sub menu
      • moved a bunch of dumpsys commands from various location to mostly be under the single menu item "Current State>Dumpsys"
      • Added LMK details
      • Added Setting of LMK min memory values
      • Added Setting of LMK min memory break OOM levels and their mod
      • On the new battery history graph, the horizontal ruler count depends on the % (4-4 lines, 25=5 lines, 50=5 lines 100=4 lines and 200 = 10 lines)
      • added a colour map/legend to battery history graphs that use it
      • Added a few other menu items/actions
      • Improved handling of device rotation/orientation and switching to another app and back again

As you can see below, there have been a lot of changes to the internal code that run reports, and perform the actions.

However, the BIG new feature is the "Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph", I have now added a new way to look at your battery history.
      "4. Discharge Rate as vertical height and Battery Level as the Gradient Colour (Green=100%, Red=0%)"​

THIS NEW GRAPH IS THE BIG ADDITION! It is truly my latest obsession. It displays your battery discharge rate / hour as the vertical height (so the lower the better), and the colour of the graph shows your battery level (it should basically fade from green to red, left to right) And logically, the higher the graph, the faster the change in colours. NB: My phone has a removable battery, so you can see jumps where I changed battery, instead of charging the one in the device. Another interesting fact that comes out in the graph, is the jump in discharge (ie the height) during a boot and shutdown, which makes totally logical sense.:good:

This graph is an early build, so should be considered a WIP:p. 90% of the time, it appears OK:victory:, but I have seen some questionable results (minor) if the device is rebooted and switched between charging often. I thought it was good enough for a first release :highfive:

It takes some time in getting a firm grasp of exactly what you are looking at, but once you do, its like you can see the "Matrix" :cool:

NB: This graph is in addition to the previously provided graphs.

You can view the new graph at 4%/hour (with each horizontal line at 0.5% intervals), 25%/hour (with each horizontal line at 5% intervals), 50%/hour (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals), 100% (with each horizontal line at 25% intervals) and 200% (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals). (and a few others I added at the last minute:rolleyes:)

An important concept to understand, is the 100% / hour would mean your battery would be dead in an hour, IIIFFFF the graph showed that it was running at full tilt for the full hour.

There is also a colour chart/grid below the graph to help translate the colours to actual battery levels. But again, if you transfer the file to a pc, the mouse hover should give you the details (I didn't test it, but I did not change it either)

When its charging, it may appear to flip up and down. This is due to the source data being in whole numbers (ie integers, eg 1 instead of 1.5), so it it charges at 3% per 2 minutes, it will report 1 minute at 1% and then the next minute at 2%, and then back again, and hence the flip/jumping up and down.

Its good to use the 4% to check your idle drain (mine goes below .5%! which would mean theoretically 200hrs if it stayed like that; but I normally get about 25hrs due to actually using the phone). I switch to one of the higher (ie 25-200%) graphs to see just how high the peaks go for a very short time.

The other BIG thing is the Low Memory Killer (ie LMK) items.

Also, its been there a while, but wake-locks are under the new battery menu as well.

Totally New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Code:
      These first two are simply shortcuts to the original items found in a different location within the menu. Just saves navigating back and forth when investigating/correcting the MediaDB
      	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Date Range
      	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Start Character

General info regarding the internal action items. I mainly use this for info and as an integrity check of the menu system before I do a release, in case of a typo.
      For example, The first one is a listing of where I have used shortcuts, which in a way are a duplicate, but only as an entry point. There is only a single version of the code.
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Action Type Breakdown
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Duplicate Sort Order
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Expand Prefix
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu with No Children
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
      	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information

These allow you to view AND modify your LMK. NB: The third item in the list actually has ALL the config detils (mem va;lsand OOM val's) while the first has a bit of textural background explaining LMK values somewhat.
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current LMK Min Memory Free Values
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Free Break Points
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set LMK Min Memory Free Values
      	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)

Currently Running>Battery>Battery Files /sys/class/power_supply/battery

Currently Running>Broadcasted Activity Intents
      	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Properties & Health
      	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Reset
      	Device Details>Kernel>CPU Scheduler Features
      	Dynamic Lists>Files>Data System

Currently Running>Running Processes
      	Currently Running>Battery

You will see some "New Items" in this list, as I had major upgrade/fixes after my initial cut of code.
      Modified Menu Items within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Updated Menu Items"
      Code:
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
      TeMeFI Configuration>Get default Blob Config      
      Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
      Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Fre
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Two Field Table Filter
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Delete Table Data
      Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Complex Filtered Table Data
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered & Grouped Table Data
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Table Data   
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Grouped Table Data    
      Database>Dynamic DB Queries>All Table data        
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
      TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
      Device Details>Display Size                       
      Database>Admin Actions>Run ALL PRAGMA statements for a Database
      Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
      Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph   
      Device Details>Kernel>SYS Kernel File join        
      Currently Running>Battery>Battery Simulate>Battery Reset

Enjoy!
      New Build!

New Version v1.0.82

Notable changes:
      NB: the changes made to the detach methods, are only spelling and extra info. There are no structural/technical changes to the detach methods.
      The battery history changes are covering two aspects.
      1. The formatting is now more in-line with the doze graph (black on white table text for headers/labels)
      2. The Auto-Height has been corrected. I think it currently runs off of a % of items by count, not by time at that discharge rate. Previously it rounded the max up so much, it basically included nearly everything every time.

Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>ENABLE ATT: One App for re-attachment
      Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
      Currently Running>Doze>Doze Parameter Description

Enjoy and stay safe.