• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system Administration

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
@DiamondJohn Is there any truth to the matter that sqlite code works on all devices except Oneplus devices, e.g., OOS 11?

I have never owned or even held nor seen a Oneplus device. So, you tell me.
To be clear, I waas answering the question if Oneplus can support SQLite in a shell, because, if you are running android, you are 100% running SQLite from Java. Just about everything is stored in many individual SQLite databases (and hence the dynamic dB methods of TeMeFI are sooooo powerful). Your Call log, SMS Log, your media dB and much much more are stored in their own SQLite database, by android. The Playstore runs off of a local SQLite database. My local install of my navigation app Waze, uses an SQLite database to store a history of where I have previously driven and what I wish to keep as a favourite. AdAway stores and builds my hosts using an SQLite database.

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
To be clear, I waas answering the question if Oneplus can support SQLite in a shell, because, if you are running android, you are 100% running SQLite from Java. Just about everything is stored in many individual SQLite databases (and hence the dynamic dB methods of TeMeFI are sooooo powerful). Your Call log, SMS Log, your media dB and much much more are stored in their own SQLite database, by android. The Playstore runs off of a local SQLite database. My local install of my navigation app Waze, uses an SQLite database to store a history of where I have previously driven and what I wish to keep as a favourite. AdAway stores and builds my hosts using an SQLite database.
I have a OnePlus device. What is a sample TeMeFI command I can run to determine whether SQLite works in a shell on my device. I think it does, but I will double check and report my results here, as soon as I know a quick way to test this.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I have a OnePlus device. What is a sample TeMeFI command I can run to determine whether SQLite works in a shell on my device. I think it does, but I will double check and report my results here, as soon as I know a quick way to test this.
Basically anything worth looking at.

If you have the "Database" menu item, then it has passed the first acid test that it has found a candidate sqlite3 binary file; which I also provide a fallback one. Within that menu tree, the very first item (after "Menu Up" and "Hide Menu") is "SQLite 3 Test & help". Run that to get the location and version of SQLite used in your shell, or more specifically by TeMeFI.

To really push it, simply running any of the charts within the battery history & extras (extras get really fancy). If you have anything detached, then you already have used SQLite, as it interrogates (and I say interrogate as oppose to question ;)) the PlayStore dB to see what you have attached.

Trust me, if it wasn't working, you would know, and you would be letting me know pretty quickly as well.

I have a OnePlus device...snip...
And you have just answered the previous posters question (y)
@DiamondJohn Is there any truth to the matter that sqlite code works on all devices except Oneplus devices, e.g., OOS 11?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Basically anything worth looking at.

If you have the "Database" menu item, then it has passed the first acid test that it has found a candidate sqlite3 binary file; which I also provide a fallback one. Within that menu tree, the very first item (after "Menu Up" and "Hide Menu") is "SQLite 3 Test & help". Run that to get the location and version of SQLite used in your shell, or more specifically by TeMeFI.

To really push it, simply running any of the charts within the battery history & extras (extras get really fancy). If you have anything detached, then you already have used SQLite, as it interrogates (and I say interrogate as oppose to question ;)) the PlayStore dB to see what you have attached.

Trust me, if it wasn't working, you would know, and you would be letting me know pretty quickly as well.

And you have just answered the previous posters question (y)
Thank you!

I tried all of the above, and non-surprisingly, it all works on my OnePlus device.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
In getting the huge list of grapohs out without too much delay, I made some assumptions, which would probably be better identified as guesses;)

One of the group (ie nmore than one just for this graph) of assumptions is in the Data Connection report/graph
DATA_CONN.PNG

My phone does not have 5G, so I could not get any test values for when it flips to 5G, and so I simply assumed as a placeholder, that the logged text would be 5G. Can someone with 5G check what the actual value is, that is logged?

Other assumptions I made for people to confirm or deny.
  • A HSPAP connection is better than an HSPA?
  • OOS is better than HSPA?
  • In Australia, they have dropped the 2G network, but I saw on some nrelated reading, that there are some phones that may still include 2G connectivity. What are these value logged
  • And as above, what is the 5G flag/text, and are there multiple text flags as there are for 3G connections? LTE / 4G appears to only show as one on my phone(s)
  • Did I miss any? These were simply the ones I got on two of my devices.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
re you sure those Dad jokes aren't too risque? I mean, you don't want to offend anyone...or, uh, maybe (hopefully) you do.
you jest, but you may not know or remember of the instance where someone wanted me to changed the OP because the app name *could* be read in a questionable manner

I actually found the source code for the text report I get the data from, and found a few more items to report on.

and regarding my own question about the difference between HSPA and HSPAP, i came across that the final P is really a "+", so its just HSPA+ which we would all know from 3G (with theoretical 4G speeds).

In the source, there are a lot of old 2G and even a CDMA possibility, but I didnt see anything I would associate with 5G;

oos
gprs
edge
umts
cdma
evdo_0
evdo_A
1xrtt
hsdpa
hsupa
hspa
iden
evdo_b
lte
ehrpd
hspap
gsm
td_scdma
iwlan
lte_ca
nr
emngcy
other

But then again, OOS is a mystery to me, and my phone goes into that state; whatever the heck it is.

Ahhh...Ha.! found it, 5G is "nr" which stands for New Radio

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
you jest, but you may not know or remember of the instance where someone wanted me to changed the OP because the app name *could* be read in a questionable manner

I actually found the source code for the text report I get the data from, and found a few more items to report on.

and regarding my own question about the difference between HSPA and HSPAP, i came across that the final P is really a "+", so its just HSPA+ which we would all know from 3G (with theoretical 4G speeds).

In the source, there are a lot of old 2G and even a CDMA possibility, but I didnt see anything I would associate with 5G;

oos
gprs
edge
umts
cdma
evdo_0
evdo_A
1xrtt
hsdpa
hsupa
hspa
iden
evdo_b
lte
ehrpd
hspap
gsm
td_scdma
iwlan
lte_ca
nr
emngcy
other

But then again, OOS is a mystery to me, and my phone goes into that state; whatever the heck it is.

Ahhh...Ha.! found it, 5G is "nr" which stands for New Radio

Assuming this list of connection names is not just a coded reference to questionable things of a nefarious nature :D ..thanks! Seriously, I followed a notification here not knowing the topic of the latest post but those network details may help me figure out what has been going on in an area where I get intermittent signal and there have been regional upgrades in technology. Thanks again.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Assuming this list of connection names is not just a coded reference to questionable things of a nefarious nature :D ..thanks! Seriously, I followed a notification here not knowing the topic of the latest post but those network details may help me figure out what has been going on in an area where I get intermittent signal and there have been regional upgrades in technology. Thanks again.
The graph will show how your connection changes over time. But the next release in the wings is MUCH better, clearing a number of bugs; as well as now supporting "nr" ie 5G (the image below is from a build before I introduced "nr" so it still shows 5G). There is also signal strength and a few others that may help. All found under "Graph of Mapped Values [MAP]".

PS: if you or anyone works out what OOS is, I would feel a lot better, considering it is my phones 2nd most common connection. approx 60% LTE and 40% OOS? I think a question in the "ask anything" thread may be required to get to the bottom of this.

DATA_CONN2.PNG

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
The graph will show how your connection changes over time. But the next release in the wings is MUCH better, clearing a number of bugs; as well as now supporting "nr" ie 5G (the image below is from a build before I introduced "nr" so it still shows 5G). There is also signal strength and a few others that may help. All found under "Graph of Mapped Values [MAP]".

PS: if you or anyone works out what OOS is, I would feel a lot better, considering it is my phones 2nd most common connection. approx 60% LTE and 40% OOS? I think a question in the "ask anything" thread may be required to get to the bottom of this.

View attachment 5340149

In advance of playing around I did some research in re OOS. Maybe this?

out-of-service (oos) recovery for long term evolution (lte)-only networks

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018164824A1/en

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
In advance of playing around I did some research in re OOS. Maybe this?

out-of-service (oos) recovery for long term evolution (lte)-only networks

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2018164824A1/en
after I stopped bleeding from my eyes on reading the title of "OUT-OF-SERVICE", it actually dawned on me, that I was often on WIFI, so, with LTE being a data connection, it would be logical that the modem switches all data over to the faster WiFI broadband. But the plot (alternative word for stupidity) thickens

The following is a little embarrassing...BUUUUTTT.... then the real forehead slapper sunk in. I actually clicked on the OOS items, and on reading the extra details I put on the bars, I realised that ALL the OOS bars aligned perfectly with when I put the phone into airplane mode overnight. :mad: :mad::sleep: I had some issues with the phone bootlooping recently, so have been scared to shut it down at night and then reboot it in the morning, so just went to AP mode. I never did this before so it slipped my mind (well, thats my excuse;))

So,
  1. it makes total sense that OOS is out-of-service.
  2. I need to adjust the colours and height of OOS to indicate its for no reception ie red and low
The weird thing is, my WiFI signal still comes out ok during the AP mode.

OT: How did you find this link? what were your search terms? which search engine? Maybe I just saw the word "patent" and skipped right over it.:unsure:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
after I stopped bleeding from my eyes on reading the title of "OUT-OF-SERVICE", it actually dawned on me, that I was often on WIFI, so, with LTE being a data connection, it would be logical that the modem switches all data over to the faster WiFI broadband. But the plot (alternative word for stupidity) thickens

The following is a little embarrassing...BUUUUTTT.... then the real forehead slapper sunk in. I actually clicked on the OOS items, and on reading the extra details I put on the bars, I realised that ALL the OOS bars aligned perfectly with when I put the phone into airplane mode overnight. :mad: :mad::sleep: I had some issues with the phone bootlooping recently, so have been scared to shut it down at night and then reboot it in the morning, so just went to AP mode. I never did this before so it slipped my mind (well, thats my excuse;))

So,
  1. it makes total sense that OOS is out-of-service.
  2. I need to adjust the colours and height of OOS to indicate its for no reception ie red and low
The weird thing is, my WiFI signal still comes out ok during the AP mode.

OT: How did you find this link? what were your search terms? which search engine? Maybe I just saw the word "patent" and skipped right over it.:unsure:
Using Google, at first searching for the following:
mobile phone connection type oos

That found some results which later turned out to be correct but mixed in with other results that did not help to confirm at that moment, so to give Google's subjective algorithms a poke I did the search again like this;
OOS mobile phone connection type oos

That search found the patent and some other supporting sources of information. To your point about easily discarding the patent from the search results, yes indeed that's easy to do considering the dry and unhelpful information on most of the page but due to past experience when a patent was the winning point of a dispute with a service provider the word gets my attention. As to the repetition and capitalization of one word from the search term, that can alter Google's results. There have even been times where in frustration I've made every other word in the search term a word Google repeatedly considered optional even in mandatory criteria search as it seems to have done with OOS.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
New Version v1.1.09

There has been changes / extensions to the battery history reports
  • Moved all to its own sub menu
  • It now graphs 73 different data points. 101 if you count the "All's"
  • added the reports for the details of "Output Types", "Filter Types by Output Types" and "Mapped Values by Filter Types" See the attached images for a preview.
  • Added displaying the "AUTO-PLUS-DATA" which optionally returns the Raw data, but molded/cleaned a LOT more than the RAW data
  • changed some colours/heights for mappings. eg OOS for data connection is now RED and LOW

Download: SEE OP!

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>New Menu Items"
  • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Mapped Values by Filter Type
  • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Filter Types by Output Types
  • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras>Output Types
  • Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Extras
  • Currently Running>Battery>Battery Stat Summaries>GPS
  • Currently Running>Memory>Virtual>Set Swappiness

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"
Most should be in the ones mentioned above.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Attachments

• ouutputtypes.PNG
    ouutputtypes.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 19
  • filtertypes.png
    filtertypes.png
    72 KB · Views: 19
  • mapping.PNG
    mapping.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

...snip...

Anyway, I manually un-detached/re-linked three apps successfully - in a nutshell:
    - I searched for them in Playstore
    - then I used Update (that 're-linked' those apps back to Playstore), and then Uninstall
    - after that installed them manually again but their older versions (downloaded from ApkMirror)

...snip...
    Its late, so I will address only the point above.

You were close. What I have used (and presented above a few times I think) is that I have pressed the Update button in the playstore BUT click the cancel before it finishes downloading. That appears to get the app attached in the playstore, and then I can quickly detach it before it goes into its forced auto update mode. NB: for most, YT updates even with updates turned off.

Doing the above, means you dont have to uninstall any updates and/or reinstall your older version.

PS: Clearing the playstore data is nuclear with a side of antimatter approach. My "remove artifacts", basically tries to clear the cache/data for only the detached apps (as well as all my injected stuff), as opposed to everything.
    A LOT to cover in a very small window, i'll try to catch as much as I can
    I tried: Remove All TeMeFl Artefacts, I confirmed what was asked and it finished
    There is a "hint" in the confirmation and also, its an opportunity for people to confirm in their own minds, they understand what they are about to do and the associated risks and consequences.

For the remove all artifacts, I do mention that YOU will need to re-attach all apps, so obviously TeMeFI wont do it for you. You cant expect me to also document every step to revert, in the confirmation.
    Are you certain you wish to remove ALL Detach mechanisms for ALL detached apps?

NB: You will need to re-link the apps you have previously detached.

It told me that I have to re-link the apps to Playstore - how should I do it?
    Patience, by letting Google catch up, OR as described above; which you can now see is pretty darn quick, easy and painless. ahhh.... and undocumented by google.

Currently, TeMeFl says that the detached list is empty but it doesn't offer any of those four apps to detach again
    Come-on, you cant expect TeMeFI to make you breakfast. And again, the little trick above, does the job, and much better than I could ever hope to do. Thats what re-attaching apps is all about, so you can detach them.

Also, Playstore still says that all apps are up-to-date (acting like when the apps were detached) but if I e.g. search for YT, it offers me to Uninstall or Update (as if knowing that YT is installed but needing to be updated)
    And THAT would be a sidestep by google. They use the ommission to imply its up tpo date, when in reality they dont know about it yet. They are far from perfect. The fact I can do the detach shows at least one of their failings, and even more so, that they do not trap the error I induce; which adds to the strength of my detach. I do not replace the playstore, this behaviour is part of the smoke and mirrors google use.

.... and I never had any issue with Google PlayAll apps "work" up until they do not. What we are doing is pushing the PlayStore to a boundary condition, and its at this point the cracks begin to show, Remember, most serious car accidents are when people drive the car beyond the car (or their own) limits. In programming and engineering, boundary conditions are the most common points of failure, for things that appear perfectly fine to the average ma & pa user

PPS.
    I am guessing that is why some have issues utilizing the Auto-Update option in PlayStore.
    All it takes is one device (logged in) to default PlayStore settings.

PPPS.
    I am signed up for a lot of beta apps that I install from PlayStore but, I choose when I install them.
    I do not let beta apps Auto-Update.
    I and many others have found turning auto-updates is NOT nearly enough for a few apps, YouTube being one. What version of the PlayStore are you running? I dont think you would be allowed to connect with too old a version, but its an entry point to maybe understand your particular case. It is the exception rather than the rule.

Sorry but I did not see how can I switch from 3 to 2 - by which practical steps/options in TeMeFl
    This may be one of those forehead slapping moments. In TeMeFI, you can detach an app that is already detached. Its a method I used originally to correct any failures that may of occurred over time (especially during dev as I built it up or changed it). Within the process, you can select which method, but there is nothing (etc M1) stopping you from selecting a different method to whatever it currently is. So, you can select to detach App1 that is currently method 3, but then select method 2! or vice-versa. For switching between Method 2 & 3, its totally safe. However, once you go method 1, you have to manually re-attach, AFTER you first remove method 1 from the app.

And also, frankly, I expected TeMeFl to provide its way for user to easily un-detach apps - doing automatically 're-linking' or whatever is necessary to return back to the original position, as before detaching
    Are you serious?!
    1. I have shown (and you now understand) that there is an easy way to get google to do it, and better than I could ever hope to do
    2. The detach is only 1 of >500 methods, and I am only a single dev, not a team like google.
    3. The attachment is VERY complex (its a BIG job) and completely undocumented by google. "return back to the original position" would be very complex if at all possible (returning back to original would possibly be incorrect, as google have moved), prone to errors since its undocumented, and again, google does it for you.
    4. All children are taught that its MUCH easier to push Humpty Dumpty over the wall, than it is for all the kings men to put him back together again! ;) There are around 30 layers to the detachment, with each needing to be "undone" / reverted, and again, its a big undocumented black box as to what it should be.
    5. Read the OP, this is an app I built for me, that I share, and do not charge for it. ie your looking in the mouth of a "Gift Horse"

edit: think the word you were looking for was "like" not "expect" ;)

For the forth app I will play today or over the weekend. That's the dual-authentication app for my work - I don't want to uninstall because I will loose credentials given by our IT. Maybe I could simply update (I prevented its updates since I didn't want to risk issues with that app detecting root - for the older version Magisk hide was enough to shut it up complaining about the root)
    This app sounds important to you not to risk updating it. As its not google, I doubt they will be too protective (so Method 2 should suffice), but I personally would suggest Method 3, as it sounds like it might screw you badly if it does get updated.

Brilliant. Yes, I was close but didn't think that 'dirty'🤩
    But doesn't it feel goooood to roll around in the filth... You walked into the shadows as soon as you detached your first app. Actually, rooting your phone was an even earlier infraction, you cant play all sweet and innocent.

Anyway. It worked for my fourth app, it takes all together few seconds, it's easy, and without loosing the app data/settings (as if updating and then uninstalling) - thanks for the tip👍
    And now why, I do not do an attempt to re-attach becomes abundantly clear, with how easy it is to get google to do the heavy lifting, and minimise any risk of dropping something fragile.
    New Version v1.1.10

The following items are of special interest
    • Compile / update SQLite binary to 3.36.0
    • Option to force use the internal SQLite over the ROM default. TeMeFI Configuration>Default Startup Config>Use Internal TeMeFI supplied SQLite
    • Memory Summary Currently Running>Memory>Memory Summary
    • Improvemets to swap file enable (removed swappiness as its for ALL swaps & broadened priority values)
    • Broadened set swappiness, including enabling a swappiness of 100
    • Hide keyboard better after search. I think newer android re-shows the keyboard once i hid it. ie it worked in earlier Android
    • Banana gets "stronger" the longer he is allowed to dance while waiting for results...

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>New Menu Items"

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"
    All should be the ones mentioned above.

New "Memory Summary" report
    This report pulls together and visually displays a summary of multiple Memory / Swap textural reports.

Some examples:
    1. Only Zram
    live only zram.PNG
    Probably the most common case out there

2. My live with ZRam and a single swap
    my live with 2 swaps.PNG
    I found that the Zram file on my Pixell 4a, was always 100% full. So I have added a swap file. This was the driver for this report.

3. A test case with 3 swap files and ZRam.
    many multiple swaps.PNG

And as usual, clicking on a block in the graph pops up extra info

Enjoy and stay safe.
    <SNIP>
    Btw, detach module works for you?
    I tried to detach three apps, one of them it never found and two other reappeared in Google play after just a few hours
    <SNIP>
    The detach module doesn't seem to really work I still end up with YouTube in my play store. The only thing that gets it is titanium backup but then it doesn't last. At least it doesn't update the YouTube but I still don't enable auto update anyway in case it tries.
    <SNIP>
    Hi. :)

I figured I would reply over here in the TeMeFI thread instead of the Magisk thread.

The detach scripts in TeMeFI are excellent. :sneaky:

DiamondJohn gives an example (happens to be YouTube) back in post # 291 on detaching an app from PlayStore.
    Post # 291 - Link

You can also search this thread for detach and YouTube there is quite a bit about it in this thread.

DiamondJohn is always updating and improving TeMeFI.

Cheers. :cowboy:
    ...snip...
    I have to resort to using Solid Explorer or other third party file managers for me to be able to select Package Manager as the execution app.
    ...snip...
    oooo... almost forgot, for file managers, look into MiX by @HootanParsa

I have a question, and it may be silly or totally just due to my custom rom and system mods configuration... But, given my frequent use of directly downloading apk files through XDA, why is it the TeMeFi apk always struggles launching directly be it from the notification upon download completion, or even just Chrome's Downloads page? It seems to have an issue finding the package manager even thru my systems default file manager. It just simply refuses to recognize Androids Package Manager entirely. I have to resort to using Solid Explorer or other third party file managers for me to be able to select Package Manager as the execution app.

I've noticed with intent Interceptor that TeMeFi seems to send a different type of intent to system than another apk i randomly selected downloaded in the same way thru XDA.
    ...snip...
    When you download an APK from XDA, it is NOT the same for every APK. Each APK you download can use a different hosting source. The way Android / Your ROM / Browser handles a downloaded APK could possibly vary dependiong on the hosting source. There is nothing I do specifically within the APK (i know of) that would make it behave differently to any other APK. Note, the Intent is sent by your browser, as it is sent before my APK is even installed!

To test this concept a little further, I will TEMPORARILY attach the latest APK to this post directly. Give it a go, and tell me if it behaves differently. I will delete it within 12hrs if you do nnot get back to me sooner to let me know I can delete it.
    I've tried to download the apk from the OP for about a dozen times. Unfortunately the download keeps getting interrupted if it starts at all. I have no idea what could be the reason but maybe others have this problem too?

FWIW I've been able to download from the OP of this thread on Android from the XDA app to Naked Browser Pro (and probably other Androidcbrowsers although I did not test all), and also on a Windows computer running Firefox.
    TeMeFI

icon_source3.png

This app provides/returns a bucket load of information regarding your device and the currently running ROM, and much, much more. And hence the name "TeMeFI"; as its Too Much F????? Information. The F stands for whatever your comfortable with.;)

TeMeFI v1.1.10
    MD5: ffcfc3386b5a2d18f715bd29cc3b44ea

Simply download the APK and install as normal, and allow root when asked, and grant storage permissions. I *think* the very first time you run it, there possibly may be an issue with the menu. Simply stop and restart the app.

You can use it without root, but you will be HEAVILY limited in what you can do. Also, installing busybox opens another menu for you, and so does Magisk (17.*+). SQLite3 is also a HUGE feature adder (ie if you have it, it enables many many methods). Can be installed via Magisk if your ROM does not have it by default.

If you are unrooted, have a read of the following post, regarding a recently added feature for non-root users

The "search" function is very useful for finding what you need, but it does not search inside dynamic menu's. Its the magnifying glass in the slide out toolbar/menu

The current menu can be viewed within the app at TeMeFI Configuration>Show Whole Menu or a historic example at: CURRENT MENU [as at 2021-04-07]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system documentation & action, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    DiamondJohn

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.10
    Stable Release Date / Last Updated: 4 Jul 2021
    Current Beta Version: 1.0.3
    Beta Release Date: 2018-06-21

Created 2018-06-19

I will fill in this page as I get around to it.
    Fly-out Toolbar items and their Actions

The fly out toolbar has had its buttons and their corresponding actions change over time. However of recent, they have been pretty stable, and as they have changed over time, and I probably said what / how their function changed, its probably all over the thread. So, I thought it might be best to have a single location / doco of what the current buttons actually do.

Firstly, to display the toolbar, simply click on the menu. If it isn't already showing.
    MenuButton.png

EVERY button, has both a "short-press" and "long-press" action.

The icons kind-of relate to their short press action.

NB The following are from v1.0..19 The main difference are a long press on the [<] arrow goes back to the previous results, and a long press of the [HOME} icon reloads the current menu (useful if you filtered the menu items), and a long press on the pencil icon saves off the action as a favourite. Also, the long press on the exit icon [X] acts to filter a menu list that was generated by code. eg any list of installed apps
    For Short-press actions:
    Shortpress menu actions.png

For Long press actions
    Longpress menu actions.png

If you get an error, a toast will be shown which is HEAVILY CUT DOWN, so please no screen shots! :mad: Also, in a recent release a Bomb Icon will appear on the screen after an error. Short press to display then FULL error, or long press the bomb to clear the error. It will not clear by itself.

And again, NOT a screen shot of the results. Save off the results using the save button (ie the pencil icon explained above), then get the log text file from /sdcard/TeMeFI, and attach it to a post.

please stop with the screenshots of a cut down error message :cry::cry::cry:
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.77

Notable changes are:
    v2 of detach apps from playstore NB: If you are already using it, simply reapply the method. Method 3 is recommended for YouTube, but all 3 have been upgraded
    Added touchable hot-spots to the mem info graph
    Added Timezone view and setting
    corrected the loading of the previous results when displaying the covid pages

Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>Select Package then Protection Level v2
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Category
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Process
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by OOM
    Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update
    Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update>COVID-19 Status Update Desktop

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timestamp (ROOT)
    Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timezone
    Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone
    Current State>Timezone
    Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone (ROOT)

It is recommended that you delete ALL your existing favorites and re-create them, as they will run the old code/version.

Enjoy and stay safe.
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.66

This release is a major update.:eek:

• Added a new type of battery history graph. Type 4. This new one plots the battery drain % per hour (user selectable max range) with the colour of the block as the battery level %.
    • corrected spelling of "Manage Permission" to "Manage Permissions"
    • Removed duplicate battery reset, changed it to a short cut
    • Moved a bunch of battery stuff into a new menu of "Currently Running>Battery" INCLUDING the battery history graph
    • moved running processes into a sub menu
    • moved a bunch of dumpsys commands from various location to mostly be under the single menu item "Current State>Dumpsys"
    • Added LMK details
    • Added Setting of LMK min memory values
    • Added Setting of LMK min memory break OOM levels and their mod
    • On the new battery history graph, the horizontal ruler count depends on the % (4-4 lines, 25=5 lines, 50=5 lines 100=4 lines and 200 = 10 lines)
    • added a colour map/legend to battery history graphs that use it
    • Added a few other menu items/actions
    • Improved handling of device rotation/orientation and switching to another app and back again

As you can see below, there have been a lot of changes to the internal code that run reports, and perform the actions.

However, the BIG new feature is the "Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph", I have now added a new way to look at your battery history.
    "4. Discharge Rate as vertical height and Battery Level as the Gradient Colour (Green=100%, Red=0%)"​

THIS NEW GRAPH IS THE BIG ADDITION! It is truly my latest obsession. It displays your battery discharge rate / hour as the vertical height (so the lower the better), and the colour of the graph shows your battery level (it should basically fade from green to red, left to right) And logically, the higher the graph, the faster the change in colours. NB: My phone has a removable battery, so you can see jumps where I changed battery, instead of charging the one in the device. Another interesting fact that comes out in the graph, is the jump in discharge (ie the height) during a boot and shutdown, which makes totally logical sense.:good:

This graph is an early build, so should be considered a WIP:p. 90% of the time, it appears OK:victory:, but I have seen some questionable results (minor) if the device is rebooted and switched between charging often. I thought it was good enough for a first release :highfive:

It takes some time in getting a firm grasp of exactly what you are looking at, but once you do, its like you can see the "Matrix" :cool:

NB: This graph is in addition to the previously provided graphs.

You can view the new graph at 4%/hour (with each horizontal line at 0.5% intervals), 25%/hour (with each horizontal line at 5% intervals), 50%/hour (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals), 100% (with each horizontal line at 25% intervals) and 200% (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals). (and a few others I added at the last minute:rolleyes:)

An important concept to understand, is the 100% / hour would mean your battery would be dead in an hour, IIIFFFF the graph showed that it was running at full tilt for the full hour.

There is also a colour chart/grid below the graph to help translate the colours to actual battery levels. But again, if you transfer the file to a pc, the mouse hover should give you the details (I didn't test it, but I did not change it either)

When its charging, it may appear to flip up and down. This is due to the source data being in whole numbers (ie integers, eg 1 instead of 1.5), so it it charges at 3% per 2 minutes, it will report 1 minute at 1% and then the next minute at 2%, and then back again, and hence the flip/jumping up and down.

Its good to use the 4% to check your idle drain (mine goes below .5%! which would mean theoretically 200hrs if it stayed like that; but I normally get about 25hrs due to actually using the phone). I switch to one of the higher (ie 25-200%) graphs to see just how high the peaks go for a very short time.

The other BIG thing is the Low Memory Killer (ie LMK) items.

Also, its been there a while, but wake-locks are under the new battery menu as well.

Totally New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Code:
    These first two are simply shortcuts to the original items found in a different location within the menu. Just saves navigating back and forth when investigating/correcting the MediaDB
    	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Date Range
    	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Start Character

General info regarding the internal action items. I mainly use this for info and as an integrity check of the menu system before I do a release, in case of a typo.
    For example, The first one is a listing of where I have used shortcuts, which in a way are a duplicate, but only as an entry point. There is only a single version of the code.
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Action Type Breakdown
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Duplicate Sort Order
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Expand Prefix
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu with No Children
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information

These allow you to view AND modify your LMK. NB: The third item in the list actually has ALL the config detils (mem va;lsand OOM val's) while the first has a bit of textural background explaining LMK values somewhat.
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current LMK Min Memory Free Values
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Free Break Points
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set LMK Min Memory Free Values
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)

Currently Running>Battery>Battery Files /sys/class/power_supply/battery

Currently Running>Broadcasted Activity Intents
    	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Properties & Health
    	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Reset
    	Device Details>Kernel>CPU Scheduler Features
    	Dynamic Lists>Files>Data System

Currently Running>Running Processes
    	Currently Running>Battery

You will see some "New Items" in this list, as I had major upgrade/fixes after my initial cut of code.
    Modified Menu Items within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Updated Menu Items"
    Code:
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
    TeMeFI Configuration>Get default Blob Config      
    Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
    Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Fre
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Two Field Table Filter
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Delete Table Data
    Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Complex Filtered Table Data
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered & Grouped Table Data
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Table Data   
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Grouped Table Data    
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>All Table data        
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
    Device Details>Display Size                       
    Database>Admin Actions>Run ALL PRAGMA statements for a Database
    Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
    Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph   
    Device Details>Kernel>SYS Kernel File join        
    Currently Running>Battery>Battery Simulate>Battery Reset

Enjoy!
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.82

Notable changes:
    NB: the changes made to the detach methods, are only spelling and extra info. There are no structural/technical changes to the detach methods.
    The battery history changes are covering two aspects.
    1. The formatting is now more in-line with the doze graph (black on white table text for headers/labels)
    2. The Auto-Height has been corrected. I think it currently runs off of a % of items by count, not by time at that discharge rate. Previously it rounded the max up so much, it basically included nearly everything every time.

Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>ENABLE ATT: One App for re-attachment
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Currently Running>Doze>Doze Parameter Description

Enjoy and stay safe.