[APP][TOOL] TeMeFI comprehensive system Administration

Search This thread

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
So far so good...damn good using TeMeFI-v1.1.18! With loads of other tweaks...MORE than enuff to get in trouble! Not sure of a setting?? GOOGLE it and backup yo shiznit first...4 sho! Huuge thx to DiamondJohn...u got chops!
How to convert an user installed package into a system one with TeMeFI?
Out of respect to @veez21 we'd appreciate if you discuss TeMeFl in its own thread but not in another developer's one. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
How to convert an user installed package into a system one with TeMeFI?
Time to learn "How to Fish". And there is "more than one way to skin a cat"
  • Search the thread (ie this thread), Its a rule of XDA
  • TeMeFI has a built in Menu Search. Its the Magnifying Glass 🔍Icon in the fly-out toolbar Covered in the first few posts of this thread
  • Then Type in a partial term for what you may be looking for. In This case, "systemize"
  • That will result in a list of possible matches that take you directly to that item.
  • After you run it, the full actual location will be shown in the bottom half of the status bar. My last attached image below may be confusing, as I switched to a search for GPS since i had nothing to systemize
In this case, I actually got caught out a little, as I generally tend to use English spelling, not the American spelling. So my first search was for "Systemise" which failed.

Screenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-125454.pngScreenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-125557.pngScreenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-131924.pngScreenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-130748.png

Also, if you retrieve the full menu of TeMeFi (not quick....), you can then search that. Start by running the menu item TeMeFI Configuration>Show Whole Menu
  • After running the full menu report, LONG click the search icon. This action will filter the results displayed.
  • Type in your search term. The syntax is [SEARCH TERM] OR [SEARCH TERM] |[LINES BELOW] OR [SEARCH TERM] |[LINES BELOW] |[LINES ABOVE] NB: The terms/parts are separated by the "piping" character ie I It took me a few goes to hit the sweet spot for above & below. Remember, to get back to the previous / full results, long press the left arrow n the toolbar, and try another term. You can also do an iterative search to search the last search results. This feature is really helpful for other results, so I took the opportunity to explain it again. The first method would be the best in this case by far. Apart from being much faster, it also searches within the method/code, as well as any comments or such I have placed in the code.

Screenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-132531.pngScreenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-132928.pngScreenshot_TeMeFI_20220917-132937.png

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Attached is a screenshot from my settings.
What? Do you expect me to read and do YOUR work for you!. Search the internet, Doze is documented everywhere.

TeMeFI has 000's of features, if I explained them all, it would be volumes of text for me to type. And clearly, we already have a reading problem here anyway.

Read the OP, this is not a lecture / tutorial thread . Its simply a share of an app I built for me. Not to tutor the world. I am no lecturer of Android, and only know what I have learnt by reading for myself, or through trial and error. Just as YOU should.

Also a screenshot of the available doze profiles
Thats for YOU to decide after doing YOUR research. You can also search the thread AND I have even included some doco within TeMeFI explaining the parameters.

Does that mean I would need to make my settings more aggressive and if so, which profile should I choose?
READ about doze, and read what I have said just above./

Is that safe or can it cause any troubles?
I am NOT your mummy. READ & Research. If you have to ask, then you obviously do not understand, so the answer would be YES.

Any change carries some risk; not doing anything could also carry a risk.. Thats life. Its your choice for the level of risk you are willing OR able to manage/revert/correct.

This is a root app. It takes responsibility on your part. Remember what you paid for this app, and expect that level of support, and anything above that is a bonus.

Also I find it weird that stock Android 12/13 just really never goes into Deep Sleep at all (according to TeMeFi).
I am guessing your only example is your specific and single case. I "find it weird" that anyone would assume because something doesn't work specifically for them, then it wont work for the rest of the world. I have not run A12, but I would be pretty sure that Doze works on A12, and its something specific to YOUR device that is broken/failing.

According to BBS there is some kind of deep sleep.
In English, (normally) words that mean different things are spelled differently. You are confusing "Deep Sleep" which is a CPU term/reference with "Deep-Idle" which is a Doze concept. They are not the same thing. Again, read / search to understand the difference. I think I actually may of mentioned this confusion only a few posts above.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello guys. I hope you are well. I hope someone can help me. Why I can't see a lot of my app in temefi. I can't see YouTube here and lot else app.
Where specifically in TeMeFI can you not "see" an app? Which method / menu location? there are literally hundreds of app list locations, and some explicitly exclude certain app types.

Also, do you understand that generally, its not the human friendly app name (as you may know and look for your app) that will appear in lists, but the unique system app code/identifier? The closest / best list by actual app name will be under AAPT Application Info / Manage>Android Asset Packaging Tool>List all App Names, Code, Version & APK Paths The other place I grab it from is the PlayStopre data, however, Google make a number of errors in their own data.

Lets count out youtube for now, in case you have detached it; although that should only hide it from the playstore and not TeMeFI.

You should be able to grab the script and run the script that lists your apps in a shell, or over ADB. ie run the TeMeFI script, outside of TeMeFI.

For example, run the following in a rooted shell cmd package list packages;, and check for a specific app code, not the human readable name.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
That is actually interesting considering that Google has a tendency of slipping and falling at a moment's notice.
Did a quick search, and here is a post where someone else also noted YouTube got the wrong name.

I had it happen multiple times with YouTube when testing, as I deleted and re-instated it over and over again, and it failed often with the wrong name. I think it was consistent and not random, in that it said something to do with "languages". You can check by going to detach YouTube and check what name it shows for you. You dont need to run it to see it.

Reactions: rodken

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
I had it happen multiple times with YouTube when testing, as I deleted and re-instated it over and over again, and it failed often with the wrong name. I think it was consistent and not random, in that it said something to do with "languages". You can check by going to detach YouTube and check what name it shows for you. You dont need to run it to see it.
I will definitely keep this in mind when dealing with that and any other scenario of mismanagement or incorrect unique system app code/identifier(s).

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I will definitely keep this in mind when dealing with that and any other scenario of mismanagement or incorrect unique system app code/identifier(s).
To be clear, the unique identifier IS correct. Its only the label that is wrong. Thats kinda the thing. The correct code/identifier highlights that the label does not match. I look at the label as more of a bonus. From memory, some records in the PlayStore data don't even have a label/description. Which I guess is a similar error in another way.

PS: Everything I do in TeMeFI is based on the code.

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
Where specifically in TeMeFI can you not "see" an app? Which method / menu location? there are literally hundreds of app list locations, and some explicitly exclude certain app types.

Also, do you understand that generally, its not the human friendly app name (as you may know and look for your app) that will appear in lists, but the unique system app code/identifier? The closest / best list by actual app name will be under AAPT Application Info / Manage>Android Asset Packaging Tool>List all App Names, Code, Version & APK Paths The other place I grab it from is the PlayStopre data, however, Google make a number of errors in their own data.

Lets count out youtube for now, in case you have detached it; although that should only hide it from the playstore and not TeMeFI.

You should be able to grab the script and run the script that lists your apps in a shell, or over ADB. ie run the TeMeFI script, outside of TeMeFI.

For example, run the following in a rooted shell cmd package list packages;, and check for a specific app code, not the human readable name.
Look at this. There should be lot more app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-041339227.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-041339227.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 32

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Look at this. There should be lot more app
A number of important things stand out a mile.
  1. "There should be a lot more apps" is not by any means a confirmable statement either way. I specifically asked and you even quoted (but ignored) that you provide where / which method or menu item you are talking of? remember >1000 locations. Showing me the list/screenshot you get, does not help me identify the issue. See point below.
  2. What list are you showing? The app lists are specific lists that are restricted in what they will show, correctly; and there are many many many different ones. For example, using the detach method does not list apps you have installed from F-Droid, or manually installed and are not on the PlayStore, and there is often a delay by Google to linking it.
  3. In the top right of the screen underneath, I can see you have a bomb icon, screaming out that you had an error / warning / issue. Have you checked what that error is? i cant tell by the image, YOU have to click on the bomb icon to see what it says. Long press to clear the error, as nothing can be fully trusted if you see this icon. Generally, view it, read it, understand it, take appropriate actions if necessary (sometimes its just a warning), clear it and only then start the next process.
Now, trying to *guess*, my best one is its the detach app list. If that does not show an app, It's most commonly
  • This list is not a list of "what is physicality installed on your device" it is explicitly a list of what the PlayStore has linked / registered from-to your device installations, to its private repository of apps. Technically, the app does not even need to be installed, just linked/registered. The PlayStore does not get that 100% correct, 100% of the time. Its beyond TeMeFI's job to correct google and their thousands and thousands of apps and private black-box data. The PlayStore is a closed sourced private corporate app, not a part of open Android source. Don't forget, I am doing something that they would prefer I didn't and do their best to stop me. So we have Google against little 'ol me.
  • The app is not from / hosted on the PlayStore. So detaching it is useless and not possible, and so it wont ever show up. For example, I have apps I installed years ago (and kept the APK) that have since been removed from the PlayStore, and hence they will no longer show up (as they cant be linked). And as I was typing, I realised that TeMeFI is not on the PlayStore, here we are discussing it, so you have it installed, and it will never show up in the detach list; but it will show up appropriately elsewhere, unrelated to the PlayStore.
  • The PlayStore has not registered the link between your on device install and the PlayStore reference. This issue has been covered multiple times and is a PlayStore issue, not TeMeFI. I build the list from the PlayStore data. So, if google has it wrong / missing an item in their data, the list in TeMeFI will be missing that item. I cant correct their data. If you search/read the thread, I have covered a technique I personally use (and it has worked for others) to correct the PlayStore data, multiple times. ...one example...

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
A number of important things stand out a mile.
  1. "There should be a lot more apps" is not by any means a confirmable statement either way. I specifically asked and you even quoted (but ignored) that you provide where / which method or menu item you are talking of? remember >1000 locations. Showing me the list/screenshot you get, does not help me identify the issue. See point below.
  2. What list are you showing? The app lists are specific lists that are restricted in what they will show, correctly; and there are many many many different ones. For example, using the detach method does not list apps you have installed from F-Droid, or manually installed and are not on the PlayStore, and there is often a delay by Google to linking it.
  3. In the top right of the screen underneath, I can see you have a bomb icon, screaming out that you had an error / warning / issue. Have you checked what that error is? i cant tell by the image, YOU have to click on the bomb icon to see what it says. Long press to clear the error, as nothing can be fully trusted if you see this icon. Generally, view it, read it, understand it, take appropriate actions if necessary (sometimes its just a warning), clear it and only then start the next process.
Now, trying to *guess*, my best one is its the detach app list. If that does not show an app, It's most commonly
  • This list is not a list of "what is physicality installed on your device" it is explicitly a list of what the PlayStore has linked / registered from-to your device installations, to its private repository of apps. Technically, the app does not even need to be installed, just linked/registered. The PlayStore does not get that 100% correct, 100% of the time. Its beyond TeMeFI's job to correct google and their thousands and thousands of apps and private black-box data. The PlayStore is a closed sourced private corporate app, not a part of open Android source. Don't forget, I am doing something that they would prefer I didn't and do their best to stop me. So we have Google against little 'ol me.
  • The app is not from / hosted on the PlayStore. So detaching it is useless and not possible, and so it wont ever show up. For example, I have apps I installed years ago (and kept the APK) that have since been removed from the PlayStore, and hence they will no longer show up (as they cant be linked). And as I was typing, I realised that TeMeFI is not on the PlayStore, here we are discussing it, so you have it installed, and it will never show up in the detach list; but it will show up appropriately elsewhere, unrelated to the PlayStore.
  • The PlayStore has not registered the link between your on device install and the PlayStore reference. This issue has been covered multiple times and is a PlayStore issue, not TeMeFI. I build the list from the PlayStore data. So, if google has it wrong / missing an item in their data, the list in TeMeFI will be missing that item. I cant correct their data. If you search/read the thread, I have covered a technique I personally use (and it has worked for others) to correct the PlayStore data, multiple times. ...one example...
I write about YouTube. I use vanced for root and I have that in Play store. So should be possible visible here on that list.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I write about YouTube. I use vanced for root and I have that in Play store. So should be possible visible here on that list.
READ the link I posted, do the steps, exit TeMeFI and try again.

Actually, I just remembered. YouTube is at the very top of your own posted screenshot, that you used to confirm it wasn't in the list. What am I not seeing?
Screenshot_20220922-041339227.jpg

Because a lot of users are here to detach YouTube (and I tested it over and over and over again, repeatedly looking for it in my loooong list), I put it at the top of the list for speed & simplicity, AND the fact that Google sometimes labels it incorrectly. Harder to miss (at least I thought) if it was at the top of the list.

PS: Technically, Vanced is NOT in the PlayStore. YouTube is, and the PlayStore thinks you have an older version (Vanced IS older) is an older version needing an update, and hence the problem.
PPS: Just because the PlayStore "sees" that you have it installed and are offering you an update, does NOT mean it is actually attached within your local PlayStore. They know they will have an opportunity to attach it when you accept the update, so do it then, and hence the trick I explained/linked/used above.

Last edited:
Reactions: krkhaha

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
READ the link I posted, do the steps, exit TeMeFI and try again.

Actually, I just remembered. YouTube is at the very top of your own posted screenshot, that you used to confirm it wasn't in the list. What am I not seeing?
View attachment 5717653

Because a lot of users are here to detach YouTube (and I tested it over and over and over again, repeatedly looking for it in my loooong list), I put it at the top of the list for speed & simplicity, AND the fact that Google sometimes labels it incorrectly. Harder to miss (at least I thought) if it was at the top of the list.

PS: Technically, Vanced is NOT in the PlayStore. YouTube is, and the PlayStore thinks you have an older version (Vanced IS older) is an older version needing an update, and hence the problem.
PPS: Just because the PlayStore "sees" that you have it installed and are offering you an update, does NOT mean it is actually attached within your local PlayStore. They know they will have an opportunity to attach it when you accept the update, so do it then, and hence the trick I explained/linked/used above.
I'm really sorry. I'm blind 😂😂😂 really. Thank you.

Reactions: DiamondJohn

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I'm really sorry. I'm blind 😂😂😂 really. Thank you.
Thanks for getting back to confirm it. It really bugs me when someone asks a question then does not comeback to confirm an answer has or hasn't resolved their issue.:mad:

Another way to double check, and its what I always do when faced with a long generated list to hunt through, is to use the menu-filter functionality.
  1. Get the list by clicking on the menu item that generates the next menu list. These are identified by " ▪► " as a prefix in the menu. eg, "Application Info / Manage>Detach Package From PlayStore>DETACH: Select Package then Protection Level v5" there are a LOT of them, so its handy to use this feature
  2. LONG press the "X", when the menu is out, this pops up a text entry box
  3. Enter some partial text (it's not-case sensitive) of what you are seeking. In this example, you could enter "you"
  4. If you have entered something unique, you will only have the one thing in the menu
  5. To retrieve the whole unfiltered list back again, simply LONG press the "Home" icon in the toolbar ⌂

Reactions: stephtban

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
FYI: New SQLite3 build is up

I've encountered a bug. I recently upgraded to Android 12 and I'm trying to detach some apps from the playstore, but TeMeFI is showing a blank app list and gives me an error toast.

Screenshot_20220924_152847.png

I've also noticed that Titanium Backup gives me a blank app list as well. That app most likely gets the app list from the same db.

Both TeMeFI and Titanium Backup worked on my device before I upgraded from 11 to 12.

Edit:
I checked in /data/data/com.android.vending/databases and a library.db file does exist.

Screenshot_20220924_154132.png

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I've encountered a bug. I recently upgraded to Android 12 and I'm trying to detach some apps from the playstore, but TeMeFI is showing a blank app list and gives me an error toast.

...snip...
I've also noticed that Titanium Backup gives me a blank app list as well. That app most likely gets the app list from the same db.

Both TeMeFI and Titanium Backup worked on my device before I upgraded from 11 to 12.

Edit:
I checked in /data/data/com.android.vending/databases and a library.db file does exist.

...snip...
Please oh please use thumbnails. I cant tread the whole post in a single screen so it makes it difficult to comprehend in one view thus making it more difficult to help you. You can go back and change to thumbnails.

You said "recently" upgraded, that may mean that the playstore has not fully instantiated itself yet. It does lag behind and pretend its all there, when it isn't; ie "fake it till you make it". Have you tried downloading or updating an app from the playstore?

The fact Titanium (which I read somewhere is no longer supported/developed) also has issues, I think you may have corrupt PlayStore data. Give the first idea a try and then if that does not help, wipe your playstore data, open the playstore, use it a ew times, and wait a little longer, then try again. Otherwise, you may need to contact google.

Another thing you could try is to PM me a link to your library.db file and I'll have a look; more our of interest.

Please oh please use thumbnails. I cant tread the whole post in a single screen so it makes it difficult to comprehend in one view thus making it more difficult to help you. You can go back and change to thumbnails.

You said "recently" upgraded, that may mean that the playstore has not fully instantiated itself yet. It does lag behind and pretend its all there, when it isn't; ie "fake it till you make it". Have you tried downloading or updating an app from the playstore?

The fact Titanium (which I read somewhere is no longer supported/developed) also has issues, I think you may have corrupt PlayStore data. Give the first idea a try and then if that does not help, wipe your playstore data, open the playstore, use it a ew times, and wait a little longer, then try again. Otherwise, you may need to contact google.

Another thing you could try is to PM me a link to your library.db file and I'll have a look; more our of interest.
Changed the screenshots to thumbnails.

When I say I upgraded recently, I mean I upgraded to Android 12 a few days ago and I've updated a few apps since then.

How does TeMeFI use the library.db file? I opened the database in an SQLite editor and saw a whole bunch of info including a lot of package names, timestamps, and digests.

Is there any way I can send you a stacktrace? Or is sending you my library.db file the only thing I can provide you?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Changed the screenshots to thumbnails.
Sincerely, thank you. its my own private bug-bear.(y)
How does TeMeFI use the library.db file? I opened the database in an SQLite editor and saw a whole bunch of info including a lot of package names, timestamps, and digests.
Umm... to get the list of apps?:cool: I mean it IS the "library"
Is there any way I can send you a stacktrace? Or is sending you my library.db file the only thing I can provide you?
The library db file will let me hopefully duplicate the issue. A stack trace is more jibberish than I need to see. And, the error (if you click the bomb icon) would be more targeted to TeMeFI anyway. But, I dont think it will g9ie any more info than "its not valid"

I actually had some more ideas you could check/try so I came back here to post, and just noticed you already responded.
  • Check the version of sqlite3 you are currently using
  • switch to the TeMeFI internal sqlite binary Config>startup>Use Internal TeMeFI supplied SQLite
  • Make a copy of the library db onto your sdcard, then use TeMeFI's dynamic query against it Dynamic DB Query>All Table Data>/storage/emulated/0>/storage/emulated/0/.../library.db>ownership
Actually, you look like you already had a look with another app? which app? and to be clear, its probably not a shell app and so would not be using the sqlite3 binary.

Just had another idea, maybe something else is locking the db all to itself. Its finding the dB, but says it cant open it (my previous assumption is that its corrupt or the sqlite3 is old) I kill the playstore to stop it from stopping me (as a bonus its fun to "stick it to the man" ;)). I would try a reboot and go into TeMeFI first thing and try again.

Top Liked Posts

So it works, right (stating the obvious...) ;)

I too am using Busybox by @osm0sis v1.31.1
    A few days ago, I downloaded what I think is a new stable build, but have yet to install it.

But, to be honest, that should not affect the third test, which is explicitly testing for Magisk o_O 👀 Are you certain you are finding the dB in the exact location I specify?

Yes, but I have to change package name as my app has been hidden. It just outputs the full path to sulogs.db. should ls-ing a db file output something else?
    EDIT: probably this is intended as I'm using zygisk + shamiko.

almost forgot, with out the extra details you supplied, and solved for yourself, the following lines caught my interest in your logcast.
    Code:
    12-04 14:38:56.825 16518 16518 I WebViewFactory: Loading com.android.chrome version 107.0.5304.141 (code 530414123)
    12-04 14:38:56.831 16518 16518 W linker  : Warning: "/data/app/com.android.chrome-dOT4y93ocKzjPsnTcpSAvg==/lib/arm64/libmonochrome.so" unused DT entry: unknown processor-specific (type 0x70000001 arg 0x0) (ignoring)
    12-04 14:38:56.884 16518 16518 I .utility.temef: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<rh2>: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/webkit/PacProcessor;
    The above implies that the issue is with your web-view. But obviously not. Which version are you runing?

It's using MiWebView, probably it's a very old version
    EDIT: my bad, it's using Chrome v107.0.5304.141 and it seems consistent with the log. Those errors are probably another hint that my phone is dying. I might try switching to a custom ROM to see if anything runs smoother. I started getting a terribly freezy/laggy experience out of the blue some weeks ago (in safe mode as well).
    I am getting a similar crash whenever it tries to build a menu. This started happening after upgrading to Magisk v25 from v23. I have followed your instruction on collecting some logs, so I'm sending those to you if you don't mind having a look.

...snip...
    I ONLY build & test against STABLE Magisk. As soon YOU install BETAS of anything, especially something as core as your root, YOU accept that you are running software that by definition has bugs, which could break other or even all your root apps.

A few years ago I had a similar issue with people wanting me to "fix" TeMeFI as it wasnt working against the latest Beta at that time. I gave the same response back then, and a few days later, a new Beta was released, that fixed the bug in Magisk.

Wait a sec, you "upgraded" from v25 to v23? isnt that a downgrade? I am running 25.2. To be honest, I haven't checked if that is still the latest stable for a while.

I also note the Bomb icon in the top right, of your screenshot. have you check what that error is? NO error should be reported without checking that first. And please, do not attach it as a screenshot. It may give a better idea of what has actually gone wrong.

PS: please use thumbnails when including screenshots in this thread. You can edit your post to switch it back.
    almost forgot, with out the extra details you supplied, and solved for yourself, the following lines caught my interest in your logcast.
    Code:
    12-04 14:38:56.825 16518 16518 I WebViewFactory: Loading com.android.chrome version 107.0.5304.141 (code 530414123)
    12-04 14:38:56.831 16518 16518 W linker  : Warning: "/data/app/com.android.chrome-dOT4y93ocKzjPsnTcpSAvg==/lib/arm64/libmonochrome.so" unused DT entry: unknown processor-specific (type 0x70000001 arg 0x0) (ignoring)
    12-04 14:38:56.884 16518 16518 I .utility.temef: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<rh2>: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/webkit/PacProcessor;
    The above implies that the issue is with your web-view. But obviously not. Which version are you runing?
    ...snip...
    EDIT: I found what's going on!!! Along with Magisk, I also updated some modules. Among them was busybox 1.34.1. I reverted it back to the version I was using before upgrading, which is 1.31.1 and it works! Thanks for giving me an insight, please keep up the good work!!! Peace
    So it works, right (stating the obvious...) ;)

I too am using Busybox by @osm0sis v1.31.1
    A few days ago, I downloaded what I think is a new stable build, but have yet to install it.

But, to be honest, that should not affect the third test, which is explicitly testing for Magisk o_O 👀 Are you certain you are finding the dB in the exact location I specify?
    That's too bad I couldn't get any more info. Any animation basically triggers another error and I have to tap "Yes" all the time, so I can barely navigate the app. I can click on a menu and go down a level, but then it says "please wait until the menu finishes building" on anything I try to access.
    A "backdoor" method, while the message is still displayed in TeMeFI and then again after clicking the OK button is to run the following in a rooted terminal shell:
    cat /data/data/diamondjohndroid.utility.temefi/cache/TeMeFI_error.log" > /sdcard/$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")_temefierrorlog.log;
    but probably best to clear it before running the above. ie: rm /data/data/diamondjohndroid.utility.temefi/cache/TeMeFI_error.log;

This will create a copy of the file in the root of your SDCard.

Also, in a rooted shell,
    logcat -d > /sdcard/$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")_logcat.log;

Are you telling me you had NO output from the third command? On review, I should of excluded the "2>/dev/null" 😩
    A "backdoor" method, while the message is still displayed in TeMeFI and then again after clicking the OK button is to run the following in a rooted terminal shell:
    cat /data/data/diamondjohndroid.utility.temefi/cache/TeMeFI_error.log" > /sdcard/$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")_temefierrorlog.log;
    but probably best to clear it before running the above. ie: rm /data/data/diamondjohndroid.utility.temefi/cache/TeMeFI_error.log;

This will create a copy of the file in the root of your SDCard.

Also, in a rooted shell,
    logcat -d > /sdcard/$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")_logcat.log;

Are you telling me you had NO output from the third command? On review, I should of excluded the "2>/dev/null" 😩

I had no relevant output from the third command, but I can browse that file with a SQLite browser and see a bunch of logs related to temefi which are basically the three commands you posted before. I am sending a magisk log and my logcat (which I also sent you via DM yesterday) hoping there's something useful in it. As for the temefi logs you just asked me to collect... I get a no such file or directory! It seems temefi can't write that file as it didn't have permissions? I'm just guessing.

Thank you so much for helping, but0Please don't try too hard on this as I am getting more and more certain my phone is just dying on me. Probably emmc or cpu

EDIT: I found what's going on!!! Along with Magisk, I also updated some modules. Among them was busybox 1.34.1. I reverted it back to the version I was using before upgrading, which is 1.31.1 and it works! Thanks for giving me an insight, please keep up the good work!!! Peace
    TeMeFI

icon_source3.png

This app provides/returns a bucket load of information regarding your device and the currently running ROM, and much, much more. And hence the name "TeMeFI"; as its Too Much F????? Information. The F stands for whatever your comfortable with.;)

Download: TeMeFI v1.1.19
    MD5: E643DD1ECC3243473A0EAEBF69CD4209

Simply download the APK and install as normal, and allow root when asked, and grant storage permissions. I *think* the very first time you run it, there possibly may be an issue with the menu. Simply stop and restart the app.

You can use it without root, but you will be HEAVILY limited in what you can do. Also, installing busybox opens another menu for you, and so does Magisk (17.*+). SQLite3 is also a HUGE feature adder (ie if you have it, it enables many many methods). Can be installed via Magisk if your ROM does not have it by default.

If you are unrooted, have a read of the following post, regarding a recently added feature for non-root users

The "search" function is very useful for finding what you need, but it does not search inside dynamic menu's. Its the magnifying glass in the slide out toolbar/menu

The current menu can be viewed within the app at TeMeFI Configuration>Show Whole Menu or a historic example at:
    CURRENT MENU [as at 2021-11-19]

XDA:DevDB Information

Contributors

DiamondJohn

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 1.1.19
    Stable Release Date / Last Updated: 3 Sug 2022
    Current Beta Version:
    Beta Release Date: 2018-06-21

Created 2018-06-19

I will fill in this page as I get around to it.
    Fly-out Toolbar items and their Actions

The fly out toolbar has had its buttons and their corresponding actions change over time. However of recent, they have been pretty stable, and as they have changed over time, and I probably said what / how their function changed, its probably all over the thread. So, I thought it might be best to have a single location / doco of what the current buttons actually do.

Firstly, to display the toolbar, simply click on the menu. If it isn't already showing.
    MenuButton.png

EVERY button, has both a "short-press" and "long-press" action.

The icons kind-of relate to their short press action.

NB The following are from v1.0..19 The main difference are a long press on the [<] arrow goes back to the previous results, and a long press of the [HOME} icon reloads the current menu (useful if you filtered the menu items), and a long press on the pencil icon saves off the action as a favourite. Also, the long press on the exit icon [X] acts to filter a menu list that was generated by code. eg any list of installed apps
    For Short-press actions:
    Shortpress menu actions.png

For Long press actions
    Longpress menu actions.png

If you get an error, a toast will be shown which is HEAVILY CUT DOWN, so please no screen shots! :mad: Also, in a recent release a Bomb Icon will appear on the screen after an error. Short press to display then FULL error, or long press the bomb to clear the error. It will not clear by itself.

And again, NOT a screen shot of the results. Save off the results using the save button (ie the pencil icon explained above), then get the log text file from /sdcard/TeMeFI, and attach it to a post.

please stop with the screenshots of a cut down error message :cry::cry::cry:
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.77

Download: SEE OP!

Notable changes are:
    v2 of detach apps from playstore NB: If you are already using it, simply reapply the method. Method 3 is recommended for YouTube, but all 3 have been upgraded
    Added touchable hot-spots to the mem info graph
    Added Timezone view and setting
    corrected the loading of the previous results when displaying the covid pages

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>Select Package then Protection Level v2
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Category
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by Process
    Currently Running>Memory>Meminfo Usage Graph by OOM
    Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update
    Various Ungrouped Extras>COVID-19 Status Update>COVID-19 Status Update Desktop

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timestamp (ROOT)
    Current State>Timezone>Set Current Timezone
    Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone
    Current State>Timezone
    Current State>Timezone>Get Current Timezone (ROOT)

It is recommended that you delete ALL your existing favorites and re-create them, as they will run the old code/version.

Enjoy and stay safe.
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.66

This release is a major update.:eek:

• Added a new type of battery history graph. Type 4. This new one plots the battery drain % per hour (user selectable max range) with the colour of the block as the battery level %.
    • corrected spelling of "Manage Permission" to "Manage Permissions"
    • Removed duplicate battery reset, changed it to a short cut
    • Moved a bunch of battery stuff into a new menu of "Currently Running>Battery" INCLUDING the battery history graph
    • moved running processes into a sub menu
    • moved a bunch of dumpsys commands from various location to mostly be under the single menu item "Current State>Dumpsys"
    • Added LMK details
    • Added Setting of LMK min memory values
    • Added Setting of LMK min memory break OOM levels and their mod
    • On the new battery history graph, the horizontal ruler count depends on the % (4-4 lines, 25=5 lines, 50=5 lines 100=4 lines and 200 = 10 lines)
    • added a colour map/legend to battery history graphs that use it
    • Added a few other menu items/actions
    • Improved handling of device rotation/orientation and switching to another app and back again

As you can see below, there have been a lot of changes to the internal code that run reports, and perform the actions.

However, the BIG new feature is the "Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph", I have now added a new way to look at your battery history.
    "4. Discharge Rate as vertical height and Battery Level as the Gradient Colour (Green=100%, Red=0%)"​

THIS NEW GRAPH IS THE BIG ADDITION! It is truly my latest obsession. It displays your battery discharge rate / hour as the vertical height (so the lower the better), and the colour of the graph shows your battery level (it should basically fade from green to red, left to right) And logically, the higher the graph, the faster the change in colours. NB: My phone has a removable battery, so you can see jumps where I changed battery, instead of charging the one in the device. Another interesting fact that comes out in the graph, is the jump in discharge (ie the height) during a boot and shutdown, which makes totally logical sense.:good:

This graph is an early build, so should be considered a WIP:p. 90% of the time, it appears OK:victory:, but I have seen some questionable results (minor) if the device is rebooted and switched between charging often. I thought it was good enough for a first release :highfive:

It takes some time in getting a firm grasp of exactly what you are looking at, but once you do, its like you can see the "Matrix" :cool:

NB: This graph is in addition to the previously provided graphs.

You can view the new graph at 4%/hour (with each horizontal line at 0.5% intervals), 25%/hour (with each horizontal line at 5% intervals), 50%/hour (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals), 100% (with each horizontal line at 25% intervals) and 200% (with each horizontal line at 10% intervals). (and a few others I added at the last minute:rolleyes:)

An important concept to understand, is the 100% / hour would mean your battery would be dead in an hour, IIIFFFF the graph showed that it was running at full tilt for the full hour.

There is also a colour chart/grid below the graph to help translate the colours to actual battery levels. But again, if you transfer the file to a pc, the mouse hover should give you the details (I didn't test it, but I did not change it either)

When its charging, it may appear to flip up and down. This is due to the source data being in whole numbers (ie integers, eg 1 instead of 1.5), so it it charges at 3% per 2 minutes, it will report 1 minute at 1% and then the next minute at 2%, and then back again, and hence the flip/jumping up and down.

Its good to use the 4% to check your idle drain (mine goes below .5%! which would mean theoretically 200hrs if it stayed like that; but I normally get about 25hrs due to actually using the phone). I switch to one of the higher (ie 25-200%) graphs to see just how high the peaks go for a very short time.

The other BIG thing is the Low Memory Killer (ie LMK) items.

Also, its been there a while, but wake-locks are under the new battery menu as well.

Totally New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Code:
    These first two are simply shortcuts to the original items found in a different location within the menu. Just saves navigating back and forth when investigating/correcting the MediaDB
    	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Date Range
    	Database>MediaDB SQL>Extend Shortcut: Media Scan File(s) [Java] - Start Character

General info regarding the internal action items. I mainly use this for info and as an integrity check of the menu system before I do a release, in case of a typo.
    For example, The first one is a listing of where I have used shortcuts, which in a way are a duplicate, but only as an entry point. There is only a single version of the code.
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Action Type Breakdown
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Duplicate Sort Order
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Expand Prefix
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu with No Children
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
    	TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information

These allow you to view AND modify your LMK. NB: The third item in the list actually has ALL the config detils (mem va;lsand OOM val's) while the first has a bit of textural background explaining LMK values somewhat.
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current LMK Min Memory Free Values
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Free Break Points
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set LMK Min Memory Free Values
    	Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)

Currently Running>Battery>Battery Files /sys/class/power_supply/battery

Currently Running>Broadcasted Activity Intents
    	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Properties & Health
    	Currently Running>Battery>Battery Reset
    	Device Details>Kernel>CPU Scheduler Features
    	Dynamic Lists>Files>Data System

Currently Running>Running Processes
    	Currently Running>Battery

You will see some "New Items" in this list, as I had major upgrade/fixes after my initial cut of code.
    Modified Menu Items within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Updated Menu Items"
    Code:
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Count of Child Menu Items
    TeMeFI Configuration>Get default Blob Config      
    Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Current OOM to LMK Min Memory
    Currently Running>Memory Info>Low Memory Killer (LMK)>Set OOM to LMK Min Memory Fre
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Two Field Table Filter
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Delete Table Data
    Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Complex Filtered Table Data
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered & Grouped Table Data
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Filtered Table Data   
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>Grouped Table Data    
    Database>Dynamic DB Queries>All Table data        
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Action Command
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Missing Parent Menu Item
    TeMeFI Configuration>TeMeFI Internal Database Information>Menu / Action Shortcuts
    Device Details>Display Size                       
    Database>Admin Actions>Run ALL PRAGMA statements for a Database
    Database>Admin Actions>Individual PRAGMA statements against a Table
    Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph   
    Device Details>Kernel>SYS Kernel File join        
    Currently Running>Battery>Battery Simulate>Battery Reset

Enjoy!
    New Build!

New Version v1.0.82

Notable changes:
    NB: the changes made to the detach methods, are only spelling and extra info. There are no structural/technical changes to the detach methods.
    The battery history changes are covering two aspects.
    1. The formatting is now more in-line with the doze graph (black on white table text for headers/labels)
    2. The Auto-Height has been corrected. I think it currently runs off of a % of items by count, not by time at that discharge rate. Previously it rounded the max up so much, it basically included nearly everything every time.

Updated Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Updated Menu Items"
    Currently Running>Battery>Battery History Graph
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>ENABLE ATT: One App for re-attachment
    Application Info / Manage>Detach Package from Playstore>List all configured detached apps

New Items. within the menu at "TeMeFI Configuration>Latest Added Menu Items"
    Currently Running>Doze>Doze Parameter Description

Enjoy and stay safe.