[APP] [TOOLS] [6.0+] Cometin - Enhance your Android Experience!

Search This thread

Stjin

Nov 18, 2014
stjin.host
banner_v3.png

Cometin

What is Cometin
Cometin is a free*, growing collection of tweaks and tricks to optimize your productivity and improve the Android experience.

More information
I can create a separate app for every idea I have. But why shouldn't I put everything in 1 app?
Google announced Dynamic Modules at the IO in 2019

With dynamic features you can split an app into several parts. This is exactly what Cometin is.
Cometin is a growing collection of tricks and tweaks for your Android device, split into modules.
This way you only download the features that you want to use and save your storage space.

Available modules (with some small descriptions)
• Ambient display
bring a customized Ambient display, Always-on-display and wave to wake to your device
• App locker
Lock apps behind a passcode or pattern
• Better rotation
Forces every app to be compatible with every orientation including 180 degrees
• Caffeine
Keep your screen on for a certain amount of time
• Cometin Sync
Sync notifications, and notes between phones and desktops
• Darker brightness
Go below the minimum brightness by applying a dark overlay on top of your screen
• Flip to shhh (beta)
Flip your phone face down to silent notifications (except alarms)
• Heads-up
Hide head-up notifications
• Immersive
Hide statusbar, navigationbar or both
• Parallel
Create a work profile to seperate personal and work
• Remap assistant
Execute a different action when opening the assistant

Is this safe?
Yes! All modules are only served from the Google Play Store, all modules are scanned by Google Play Protect so nothing to worry about!

Installing modules:
The installation of modules is done immediately, and you can use the module immediately after installation.

Updating modules:
Installed modules are automatically updated together with Cometin. No hassle with separate files!

Removing modules:
Module uninstalls do not occur immediately. That is, the device uninstalls them in the background in the next 24 hours.

Request for new features:
Requests for new features are always welcome! However, I cannot promise anything about the actual arrival of these features.
Request your features via my support ticket system. This way you can keep track of the status of features.

Need help or got problems?
If you are stuck or need more information, don't hesitate and contact me via Telegram, XDA or my support ticket system. That way I can best help you.

Did I got your attention?
For the latest list of available modules, screenshots and more information please visit the Play Store listing
Play store

Downloads:
Play store

Support:
Telegram group

Note for MIUI users:
MIUI is known for breaking core functionalities in Android. If you want to use Cometin on a MIUI or Xiaomi device please read this: https://helpdesk.stjin.host/kb/faq.php?id=7
You can also join the Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/C_IJXEn6Nowh7t5mJ3kfxQ

XDA:DevDB Information
Cometin, App for the Android General

Contributors
Stjin, JustPlayingHard, HrX,RKBDI

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-10-13
Last Updated 2020-03-14

Attachments

• screen_1.jpg
    screen_1.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 4,832
  • screen_2.jpg
    screen_2.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 4,840
  • screen_3.jpg
    screen_3.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 4,760
  • screen_4.jpg
    screen_4.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 4,443
  • screen_5.jpg
    screen_5.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 4,249
Last edited:

gvamsi_krish

Jan 8, 2017
Hyderabad
OnePlus 6
I have enabled Better rotation & Caffeine modules. Both are working fine. Thanks to developer for this great app.
Will test other modules too and provide feedback for any improvements.

Reactions: Stjin

VictorPetrescu

Aug 11, 2015
Always on display

this app is awesome! i turned on Ambient Display on my Pixel 3xl; is there any way i can have always on display with the new customized display? Right now, i only see it whenever i get a notification.

Reactions: midhun.ko

pihpih95

Aug 23, 2016
Kuala Terengganu
Redmi Note 10
Nice app OP. Is there network speed indicator that show download and upload speed in notification in future? Mine using mia1 stock rom, if this app can achieve that i would be happier coz no need to use edexposed anymore :eek:

georgemovie

Dec 26, 2009
When I remapped assistant, it broke calling up the Google Assistant

When I remapped Google Assistant, it broke it. Google Assistant can no longer be summoned by my voice. Is this a bug? Pixel 3 Android 10.

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Nice idea! For now just testing ambient display.
Would you consider adding the option to unlink ring and notification volumes? Linked behaviour is very annoying.

Thanks again for you work!

Soumy1234

Aug 19, 2017
I'm trying out Ambient display on my tablet and I'm not sure I'm using it right. It's enabled, and I've customized it, but the ambient display doesn't turn on my screen when I get a notification. Is it also possible for me to make the ambient display show when I open the cover of my tablet (my case is one of those kinds that have a flap to cover to the front).

stiggerby

Oct 13, 2012
Perth, Australia
OnePlus 8
Like the app lots - do you think adding an always on to the ambient display might be a good idea for anyone with an amoled screen but no native option?
Like oneplus owners?

Like me... ?

Nawual

Apr 18, 2011
Hello
First of all thank this application.It is essential for me.
I've enabled Ambient Display module. I need when I'm studying to get notifications on the lock screen and see a header of them.
Now when a notification arrives there is a small lag when you press on the screen to enter.
It would be great to be able to configure the time that these notifications are on the screen, as well as the position in the same and the amount of notifications that one needs.
Best regards and thanks again!

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Reporting after a couple of days of testing.
Just used the ambient display and it looks fantastic.
Works everytime too.
Apart from the lag that others have noted, i noticed 2 other issues:
a) when this is enabled, screen dimming & screen off seems to be forced. I've noticed the default time reverting to 15 seconds. Even if there is activity on the screen, it still forces the screen dimming and turning off.
b) there seems to be a noticeable increase in battery drain.

Reactions: midhun.ko

midhun.ko

Oct 15, 2017
Kollam
POCO M3
Works everytime too.
a) when this is enabled, screen dimming & screen off seems to be forced. I've noticed the default time reverting to 15 seconds. Even if there is activity on the screen, it still forces the screen dimming and turning off.
I've also noticed screen off time reverting to 15 seconds. Is Ambient Display working fine?

DonDerham

Feb 14, 2009
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
Using the Cloud Dashboard and I noticed Microsoft's "Your Phone" application which connects my Windows computer with my phone no longer connects. Does the Cloud Dashboard preempt this connection? Both applications show my phone's (Pro 7) notifications. Your Phone also gives easy access to photos, allows for SMS messaging from a Windows computer and, with the next Windows feature update, will allow for calling from a computer via a phone. I'd like to keep both application up and running.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_v3.png

Cometin

What is Cometin
    Cometin is a free*, growing collection of tweaks and tricks to optimize your productivity and improve the Android experience.

More information
    I can create a separate app for every idea I have. But why shouldn't I put everything in 1 app?
    Google announced Dynamic Modules at the IO in 2019

With dynamic features you can split an app into several parts. This is exactly what Cometin is.
    Cometin is a growing collection of tricks and tweaks for your Android device, split into modules.
    This way you only download the features that you want to use and save your storage space.

Available modules (with some small descriptions)
    • Ambient display
    bring a customized Ambient display, Always-on-display and wave to wake to your device
    • App locker
    Lock apps behind a passcode or pattern
    • Better rotation
    Forces every app to be compatible with every orientation including 180 degrees
    • Caffeine
    Keep your screen on for a certain amount of time
    • Cometin Sync
    Sync notifications, and notes between phones and desktops
    • Darker brightness
    Go below the minimum brightness by applying a dark overlay on top of your screen
    • Flip to shhh (beta)
    Flip your phone face down to silent notifications (except alarms)
    • Heads-up
    Hide head-up notifications
    • Immersive
    Hide statusbar, navigationbar or both
    • Parallel
    Create a work profile to seperate personal and work
    • Remap assistant
    Execute a different action when opening the assistant

Is this safe?
    Yes! All modules are only served from the Google Play Store, all modules are scanned by Google Play Protect so nothing to worry about!

Installing modules:
    The installation of modules is done immediately, and you can use the module immediately after installation.

Updating modules:
    Installed modules are automatically updated together with Cometin. No hassle with separate files!

Removing modules:
    Module uninstalls do not occur immediately. That is, the device uninstalls them in the background in the next 24 hours.

Request for new features:
    Requests for new features are always welcome! However, I cannot promise anything about the actual arrival of these features.
    Request your features via my support ticket system. This way you can keep track of the status of features.

Need help or got problems?
    If you are stuck or need more information, don't hesitate and contact me via Telegram, XDA or my support ticket system. That way I can best help you.

Did I got your attention?
    For the latest list of available modules, screenshots and more information please visit the Play Store listing
    Play store

Downloads:
    Play store

Support:
    Telegram group

Note for MIUI users:
    MIUI is known for breaking core functionalities in Android. If you want to use Cometin on a MIUI or Xiaomi device please read this: https://helpdesk.stjin.host/kb/faq.php?id=7
    You can also join the Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/C_IJXEn6Nowh7t5mJ3kfxQ

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cometin, App for the Android General

Contributors
    Stjin, JustPlayingHard, HrX,RKBDI

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-10-10

Created 2019-10-13
    Last Updated 2020-03-14
    When I remapped Google Assistant, it broke it. Google Assistant can no longer be summoned by my voice. Is this a bug? Pixel 3 Android 10.

Nope, not a bug. Android can only have 1 voice assist. You will lose Google Assistant when using Cometin's remap assistant module :(

Nice idea! For now just testing ambient display.
    Would you consider adding the option to unlink ring and notification volumes? Linked behaviour is very annoying.

Thanks again for you work!

I am not sure if I can. But I will add it to the ideas list!

I'm trying out Ambient display on my tablet and I'm not sure I'm using it right. It's enabled, and I've customized it, but the ambient display doesn't turn on my screen when I get a notification. Is it also possible for me to make the ambient display show when I open the cover of my tablet (my case is one of those kinds that have a flap to cover to the front).

I am currently in the middle of rolling out a new version of the module. (See announcements)
    Could you try testing it when the update hits your device?

Like the app lots - do you think adding an always on to the ambient display might be a good idea for anyone with an amoled screen but no native option?
    Like oneplus owners?

Like me...

What a lucky guy!
    I am currently in the middle of rolling out a new version of the ambient display module. (See announcements)
    This module contains.... an option for Always On Display!! :cool:

Let me know what you think of it when the update hits your device.

this app is awesome! i turned on Ambient Display on my Pixel 3xl; is there any way i can have always on display with the new customized display? Right now, i only see it whenever i get a notification.

Another lucky guy!
    I am currently in the middle of rolling out a new version of the ambient display module. (See announcements)
    This module contains an option for Always On Display and many more changes! :cool:

Let me know what you think of it when the update hits your device.

Works everytime too.

a) I am aware of this issue and am working hard to fix it
    b) Having your screen light up more costs more battery. And if you enabled gestures it costs a bit more.

If I uninstall the app will it uninstall all modules right then?

Uninstalling the app will uninstall all the modules as well!

Using the Cloud Dashboard and I noticed Microsoft's "Your Phone" application which connects my Windows computer with my phone no longer connects. Does the Cloud Dashboard preempt this connection? Both applications show my phone's (Pro 7) notifications. Your Phone also gives easy access to photos, allows for SMS messaging from a Windows computer and, with the next Windows feature update, will allow for calling from a computer via a phone. I'd like to keep both application up and running.

Nope, Cometin Sync has absolutely nothing to do with "Your Phone". It might work similarly (sends information to Cometin Cloud when a notification received) but it does not touch the app whatsoever.
    Interesting that "Your Phone" is not able to read notifications when Cometin Sync is enabled. I will look into this!

The display of ambient display works well. The lag issue that others have mentioned, exists. Due to ambient display however, i see some quirks with forced screen locking etc

Forced screen locking? There is only 1 module that makes use of forced screen locking (if given permission) and that's Caffeine.
    I can only image some kind of face unlock running in the background trying to find your face.
    I have enabled Better rotation & Caffeine modules. Both are working fine. Thanks to developer for this great app.
    Will test other modules too and provide feedback for any improvements.
    That's wonderful to hear!
    Thanks for the app.
    I've enabled Ambient Display module. When I receive a notification, screen wakes up showing the stock lockscreen and after a second lag, the Ambient Display shows up.

Using on Moto g4 play with Pixel Experience ROM 9.0
    Issue acknowledged. Working on a fix!
    Cometin 1.1.0 rolling out!

Heya everyone!
    Thanks a bunch for using Cometin! It is blowing up and that gives me motivation to continue working on epic stuff.
    I am currently rolling out Cometin 1.1.0 starting with the beta track!

Code:
    Changelog:
    ? Ambient display version 2.0:
    - Always On Display support for the Ambient Display module
    - Wave your hand over your device to open the Ambient Display

? New introduction screen
    ? New fresh UI with a brand new icon! (Thanks so much @RKBDI)
    ? Bootmanager, start modules together with Android
    ? Introducing "Cometin Enhanced Experience" (Secure settings):
    If CEE is enabled, some modules don't have to use work arounds making the app perform much better and more accurately.

The current goal of Cometin is to provide extra features without requiring root access. And with CEE we keep this promise while improving the quality of the modules.
    ? Bug fixes everywhere!
    ✨ Many many more fixes and tiny things to make Cometin even better!

As said, Cometin 1.1.0 is rolling out. Meaning that it will not reach every device right away.
    Make sure you're in the beta track to get Cometin 1.1.0 before anyone else, or wait patiently for the last bugs to be squeezed and receive it in the production track.

Join the beta by going to the Play Store and pressing the "Join beta" button or by opening this link.
    Please let me know if you have any issues by sending me a message in the Telegram support group.