[APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Search This thread

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009
[APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Simple mods/ports as I was missing the TouchWiz Calculator from my i9000; just de-odexed and modified the layout xml files.

Calculator Install: Just copy the attached apk to /system/app and set permissions.
Clock Install: Flash zip from CWM.

Update 4: Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been trying to port TW framework from the ICS leaks for the Galaxy Note and SGSII to our AOSP Galaxy Nexus... as a hold over here's an ICS themed ClockPackage... Could use a few touchups but it's mainly there.

Update 3: I've just updated the TwClock package to fix some issues people were having with creating an Alarm.

Update 2: As per popular demand I've uploaded a version of the TW ClockPackage that will work on the Galaxy Nexus. Most of the heavy lifting for this one was done by Tortel1210 as it was his work that removed the twframework dependencies.

Update: Just uploaded an ICS themed version based off djb77's ICS theme for the i9000.

Calculator Original Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/hzuLF
Calculator ICS Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/2KlES
Clock Package Screenshots Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/QYCgI

Note: Using both this clock and the built in clock for alarms may (read: probably will) cause conflicts; as a result one or both of your alarms may stop functioning. Use only one clock for alarms at a time.

Attachments

• Calculator.apk
    685 KB · Views: 2,632
  • CalculatorICS.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,284
  • TWClockPackage.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 4,106
Last edited:

bboi26

Feb 6, 2009
touch wiz clock

hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)

Reactions: Dhenry512

nweaver11

Nov 6, 2010
New York
These are great but the Clock keeps force closing every time I try to use the alarm. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

noel_leon

Nov 24, 2006
Oslo
Thanks for providing these.
I flashed the clock on my galaxy nexus running AOKP build 26. It flashed fine and the application starts, but trying to create a new alarm crashed the application.
I tried fixing permissions and rebooting, but it didn't help.
Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?

apratomo

Mar 22, 2007
Jakarta
Excellent, this is where Android lacks (Google mostly), how come a smart phone doesn't have basic functionality such a timer, stopwatch and world clock.

I know there are lots of these kind of apps available on the market, but I'm kind of jealous of iPhone where you could even talk to siri to set timer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

nweaver11

Nov 6, 2010
New York
I flashed the clock on my galaxy nexus running AOKP build 26. It flashed fine and the application starts, but trying to create a new alarm crashed the application.

Looks like we're having the same issue. I can't figure out what I may have done wrong, but I do prefer this to the regular clock app. I hope a fix can be figured out. I'll let you know if I find anything.

parm104

Sep 7, 2008
Amazing job! I've been looking for this for quite some time now! Thanks a lot!

Any chance of getting the AccuWeather widget on here as well?

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009

Interesting; I'll look into this in the next day or two.

Has anyone reading the thread had success using the alarms on the ClockPackage?

No promises on this one; but I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: bboi26

nweaver11

Nov 6, 2010
New York
Has anyone using the clock mod been able to set and use the alarm function? Wondering how common my issue is.

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009
Has anyone using the clock mod been able to set and use the alarm function? Wondering how common my issue is.

I've uploaded a fixed version to the OP; try installing that one and setting an alarm again.

Note: Using both this clock and the built in clock for alarms may (read: probably will) cause conflicts; as a result one or both of your alarms may stop functioning. Use only one clock for alarms at a time.

Pinkthesink

Nov 27, 2010
Framingham
Thanks so much for these. Both are working fine (aokp 27 + Franco 18.6).

I found it shameful that the stock nexus clock and calculator were so limited compared to their TW variants.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
Any chance you could get Tortel1210 to do this with the touchwiz gallery app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
For the nexus would the clock app from the note be better since it's also 720p? :)

Thanks for your hardwork, you've done a great job so far

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
i wanted to show my appreciation for bringing over that clock app. i agree that for some odd reason Google still has not re-done their clock app like it should be. people like me need a timer and a stop watch to be stock. thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simple mods/ports as I was missing the TouchWiz Calculator from my i9000; just de-odexed and modified the layout xml files.

Calculator Install: Just copy the attached apk to /system/app and set permissions.
    Clock Install: Flash zip from CWM.

Update 4: Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been trying to port TW framework from the ICS leaks for the Galaxy Note and SGSII to our AOSP Galaxy Nexus... as a hold over here's an ICS themed ClockPackage... Could use a few touchups but it's mainly there.

Update 3: I've just updated the TwClock package to fix some issues people were having with creating an Alarm.

Update 2: As per popular demand I've uploaded a version of the TW ClockPackage that will work on the Galaxy Nexus. Most of the heavy lifting for this one was done by Tortel1210 as it was his work that removed the twframework dependencies.

Update: Just uploaded an ICS themed version based off djb77's ICS theme for the i9000.

Calculator Original Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/hzuLF
    Calculator ICS Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/2KlES
    Clock Package Screenshots Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/QYCgI

touch wiz clock

hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)

I'll take a look in the next couple days and let you know.
    First post updated with TouchWiz Clock package in CWM flashable zip.

Interesting; I'll look into this in the next day or two.

Has anyone reading the thread had success using the alarms on the ClockPackage?

No promises on this one; but I'll check it out when I get a chance.