• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] Trackball Alert PRO (v1.2.13)

Search This thread

lilHermit

Retired Recognized Developer
May 6, 2009
Trackball Alert Pro allows you set the flash color and flash of the Trackball/jogball on notifications.

The pro version allows you to add virtually any app via the "simple" database driven method or the advanced manual method.

Features
- Smali-patch option
- Desktop Dock Dimming or off
- New NightMode - Trackball off or dim (user configurable times)
- Disable Flash per app
- Red, Blue, Green, Yellow + more
- Custom Colors
- Variable flash rates
- Test Flash function

Requirements
- Supported or Patchable Custom ROM
- Nexus One or Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Downloads
Available on Android Market -Search - Trackball Alert Pro​

Documents

Thanks to
- All my alpha testers
- Paul O'Brien for welcoming my framework changes
- Michael McNevin for excellent designs​

~

Last edited:
Reactions: HTCPickerMan

Casao

Jul 1, 2006
How much is this gonna be? And it works with every app, or are there caveats? Cause I'll drop the cash if it works with everything.

Also, any luck getting this in CM5 stock or has he still not responded?

lilHermit

May 6, 2009
How much is this gonna be? And it works with every app, or are there caveats? Cause I'll drop the cash if it works with everything.

Also, any luck getting this in CM5 stock or has he still not responded?

Its already released, you can check the response it had got, here on the free version thread post #423 onwards.

This will not be included in CM5 due to legal issues but the app patches CM5 itself assuming you are running recognised releases.

~

Last edited:

S_Dot

Apr 4, 2010
Re: [APP] Trackball Alert PRO (v1.0.1)

wot work on enomther Rom?

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Casao

Jul 1, 2006
Sweet, I'll buy it when I get paid Thursday, can't wait. I'll probably be sending you quite a few apps I use if they're not already listed.

lilHermit

May 6, 2009
Who do I post this Market feature request to: (?)

Request:
When uninstalling an app via market, there needs to be another reason for uninstall. New option: I've just ripped off the apk, so please uninstall and refund me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really can't believe how many people do this just to save £1.99, currently just over 10% of sales are refunded. Wish I could name and shame them. :confused:

~

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Re: [APP] Trackball Alert PRO (v1.0.1)

Who do I post this Market feature request to: (?)

Request:

When uninstalling an app via market, there needs to be another reason for uninstall. New option: I've just ripped off the apk, so please uninstall and refund me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really can't believe how many people do this just to save £1.99, currently just over 10% of sales are refunded. Wish I could name and shame them. :confused:

~
shame#your app is absolutely worth that little amount!!

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Matthew B

Mar 7, 2010

That's a real shame, it's not just people who are too stupid to read the description and buy it before realising it's cyanogenmod only?

If it's any consolation, I rushed to buy it the day it came out even though I can't use it yet (on 5.0.6 test2, and haven't had time to rewind) :)

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
but they wont get the updates- maybe you need to do an update every week or so and then have it so that when a new CM is loaded it checks the version of the app before patching the framework? or it checks version number before updating database?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember that with CM7.0 it used to be the same with the smali patch, but when I applied the proper framework patch for 7.0, everything went back to normal.

OK fixed, see my second edit. You need to repatch to v23a, which solves this issue.

~
    Trackball Alert Pro allows you set the flash color and flash of the Trackball/jogball on notifications.

The pro version allows you to add virtually any app via the "simple" database driven method or the advanced manual method.

Features
    - Smali-patch option
    - Desktop Dock Dimming or off
    - New NightMode - Trackball off or dim (user configurable times)
    - Disable Flash per app
    - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow + more
    - Custom Colors
    - Variable flash rates
    - Test Flash function

Requirements
    - Supported or Patchable Custom ROM
    - Nexus One or Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Downloads
    Available on Android Market -Search - Trackball Alert Pro​

Documents

Thanks to
    - All my alpha testers
    - Paul O'Brien for welcoming my framework changes
    - Michael McNevin for excellent designs​

~
    Is there a way to have this app work with the stock miui 11.19 english bundle? When I go into the app there are no recommended patches right now.

Try the smali patch option and pick MIUI. Worked for me.
    Hi, Trackball Alert PRO licensed user with Galaxy Nexus and latest Modaco Custom Rom with relative compatibility option enabled.

App is not working, notifications are always white/default system color. Can you help me ?

Thanks you

There is an issue with Gmail you need to delete it within the app and re-add via Add New... Simple method. If its others you will need to send me a "Debug info" email so I can debug it. (please turn on Framework Debug and trigger a notification first)