• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Theimpaler747 and the ACS team presents a collection of fantastic and delightful transparent MMS apps for any EB13 deodexed rom! This should work for all custom roms, including midnight, Bonsai, and ACS's own SFB. These apps are the 2.2 MMS app, only about 50 times better than Samsung could have ever made it ;) Transparent with sleeker bubbles, this MMS app will cause iPhone users and other Android users without this app to experience intense rage and jealousy.

Credits:
  • theimpaler747 for the theming tools and the transparency method.
  • MWBehr for his decompiling of the app (since apk tool was acting about as smart as Charlie Sheen for me :p) and his coloring of the text bubbles.
    MysteryEmotionz for the images on the Emotionless transparent app.

Instructions:
  1. Flash zip from recovery and enjoy!

Screenshots:

Transparent MMS

snap20110312_224346.png
snap20110312_224436.png
4607fea0-591f-aeb6%20copy.PNG
screen3_transMMS%20copy.PNG

Transparent MMS Emotionless

snap20110313_165327.png

Transparent MMS Purple

snap20110315_204250.PNG

Transparent MMS Bold Blue

snap20110324_171546.png

Transparent MMS Bold Blue and Green

snap20110402_232743.png

Transparent MMS Gingerbread Themed

snap20110328_200937.png

Attachments

• TransparentMMS.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,032
  • TransparentMMSBlackNotification.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 912
  • TransparentMMSPurple.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 440
  • TransparentMMSBoldBlue.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 942
  • TransparentMMSGB.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 374
  • TransparentMMSEmotionless.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 601
  • TransparentMMSBoldGreenBlue.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 532
Last edited:

theimpaler747

What theme is that your using. I live that status bar and background. I must have it ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Well, it's my theme. I made it. Isn't it awesome? Hey! You have one just like mine in your sig! You kanger! I'm suing! :p :D But seriously, not as if I haven't said it, great work on the best Epic theme out there ;)

theimpaler747

Animas1020

Dec 30, 2010
Grabbing this now, and thanking you ahead of time (haven't even flashed yet lol) because I know this will be exactly what I've been wanting for a long time now. Thanks!

theimpaler747

Grabbing this now, and thanking you ahead of time (haven't even flashed yet lol) because I know this will be exactly what I've been wanting for a long time now. Thanks!

No problem! Let me know how you end up liking it, and post some shots of it later! :D

Sent from a truely Epic phone on the XDA Premium app ;)

Animas1020

Dec 30, 2010
I just noticed your signature, did I read it right saying your xda app is transparent? If so you think it would work with non premium?

sent from "The Other Woman"
Yep, it is transparent. I have it installed, non-premium. Works great!

Edit: Working on getting those screens for the transparent MMS. Installed great and is working good so far. And like I thought I would, I love the look.

theimpaler747

Yep, it is transparent. I have it installed, non-premium. Works great!

Edit: Working on getting those screens for the transparent MMS. Installed great and is working good so far. And like I thought I would, I love the look.

Fantastic, glad you like it! :D

Sent from a truly Epic phone on the XDA Premium app... Transparent edition ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theimpaler747 and the ACS team presents a collection of fantastic and delightful transparent MMS apps for any EB13 deodexed rom! This should work for all custom roms, including midnight, Bonsai, and ACS's own SFB. These apps are the 2.2 MMS app, only about 50 times better than Samsung could have ever made it ;) Transparent with sleeker bubbles, this MMS app will cause iPhone users and other Android users without this app to experience intense rage and jealousy.

Credits:
    • theimpaler747 for the theming tools and the transparency method.
    • MWBehr for his decompiling of the app (since apk tool was acting about as smart as Charlie Sheen for me :p) and his coloring of the text bubbles.
      MysteryEmotionz for the images on the Emotionless transparent app.

Instructions:
    1. Flash zip from recovery and enjoy!

Screenshots:

Transparent MMS

snap20110312_224346.png
    snap20110312_224436.png
    4607fea0-591f-aeb6%20copy.PNG
    screen3_transMMS%20copy.PNG

Transparent MMS Emotionless

snap20110313_165327.png

Transparent MMS Purple

snap20110315_204250.PNG

Transparent MMS Bold Blue

snap20110324_171546.png

Transparent MMS Bold Blue and Green

snap20110402_232743.png

Transparent MMS Gingerbread Themed

snap20110328_200937.png
    Good point.... Let me come up with something else... Can you link me to a messaging app that has the black png? Thanks ;D

Sent from a truly Epic phone on the XDA Premium app... Transparent edition ;)

I got the PNGs for ya right here. Just pulled them from the MMS.apk that came with ACS Frozen ROM 1.0.1.
    I'll see what I can do there, glad you like it though! :D

You guys at ACS always do great work. I would be suprised if I didn't like it :)
    New MMS App up! This one goes great with Mystery's Emotionless Beast theme, and is based off one he just released. Check it out guys :) Screenshot up for it.

Looks great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk