• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] TV Show Favs, Help us beta test it!

Search This thread

maclir

Aug 8, 2008
I upgraded to premium and kept getting this error when i wanted to mark something as watched:
"Error occured while parsing response XML"
so i uninstalled installed again and kept getting this error at login?
by the way this thing aside its a really good app!

m_kranzler11

Nov 5, 2007
I upgraded to premium and kept getting this error when i wanted to mark something as watched:
"Error occured while parsing response XML"
so i uninstalled installed again and kept getting this error at login?
by the way this thing aside its a really good app!

We were performing some server updates due to an error we had around that time. I am sure you are aware the issues have been resolved. We are currently working on a better way of notifying users when we have server down time.

darni

Jun 24, 2009
Hi!

Just wanted to thank you for this great App! And to give one wish/ advice: You should link cast to android imdb app instead of m.imdb.com web address.

madone via Tapatalk (Redux 1.1.1)

intellq

Jun 16, 2010
Since last versions the show icon (poster) isnt being displayed on notification bar.

Only a "No Image" poster.

On "My Favs" the posters are displaying correctly. Any ideas?

(i'm using the lastest paid version)

DirkStorck

Sep 5, 2009
Could it be pssible that if you use a launcher like Launcher Pro where you can change the space a widget need that the TV widget shows more lines if someones makes the widget bigger using the launcher funktion? Would be great!

manket

Aug 10, 2010
I am kind of sad by the lack of new update with new feature like in the beta !
I remember hearing something about a web interface ? Is it coming ?

The development will continue or did you stop now that you have money/ads ?

DirkStorck

Sep 5, 2009
Hi. When will the next update be released? Would be great if it would support scrollable widget.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

darni

Jun 24, 2009
Is the development cashed out? Great program, but where are updates? Soon time to find replacement?

madone via Tapatalk (Xperia Arc)

thewahlrus

May 16, 2009
Houston, Tx
Looks like it. Came out if beta, made is pay, then stopped development. I feel kind of cheated. Its still an ok app, but it wont keep me logged into facebook and id like so different themes. This is one if the few apparently I regret paying for.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DirkStorck

Sep 5, 2009
I like that app very much and till now it is working but I feel very much cheated too. Bought the paid version a while ago.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

m_kranzler11

Nov 5, 2007
Hi guys, development hasn't completely stopped on the app. I've had pretty much no time to work on it for a while now do to my job and dealing with a 500 year flood. There are still many things that I would like to do but it is going to take much longer for updates since I don't have the time to work on it like I used to. I am still constantly making sure our servers are working properly and helping people with issues that can be ironed out without a software update, however. What I am beginning to do, when I have time, is re-writing most of the application to work well with phones and tablets (honeycomb). I also want to provide offline caching. I may very well need beta testers in the future and will post something on XDA when that time comes.

I'm sorry there hasn't been updates for a while, it just hasn't been a top priority for me as of late since my job has required much more time and my city is having a huge flood crisis right now. I hope you guys understand and appreciate all of your comments.

Reactions: iridaki

RavenNLL

Dec 11, 2008
So far i'm liking the app, but is it possible to get a bigger widget so it would show more shows?
Also 1 thing i find disturbing that when a show has aired it's still visible on the widget with the air time. It would make it less confusing it that changes to 'aired' or something like that.

iridaki

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
This application is hands-down one of the most useful for me.
I watch a lot of shows and because they are not broadcasted in my country,
I have to download them once a week and this app helps me keep track
of the new episodes. The widget is nice and the notifications reliable.
There are some issues like the need for offline caching, because the widget
doesn't show info when you are offline, even if you updated before, but all in all,
I happily bought the premium key.
3 dollars are a bit steep comparing to the common 0.99 that most apps cost, but at the end of the day,
it's just 3 dollars (I can't even get a decent cup of coffee for that money here! :D).

Ok folks....it's agreat usefull app....you pay over 400 Eur for your Desire but you don't wanna pay some for an app....ok $3 is a bit high $2 would be enough and I like the new layout.

Well said! Reminded me of this funny comic!

I hope that by the time the Fall Season starts again, an update will have come, sorting out the above mentioned issues! :)

Thanks for this amazing app!

Last edited:

deviltry

Mar 21, 2008
A free alternative that I have been using (quite good) - was TV Shows Light (by Bibs).

However, I am currently not able to download it from the market. On the market search for "tv shows light".

Can anyone post the apk ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, an app I've been working on for the better part of 6 months has been released into the market as a free beta. It's called TV Show Favs and lets you manage all of your favorite TV shows.

It shows you a personal schedule for all upcoming shows of your favorites, has a top favs for all users, allows you to track every episode you have watched, and it even has a custom notification manager where you can either choose to be notified for all your shows, or just the shows you want, or even at an episode level. You can choose to be notified at a default time (5 min up to a week), or select an individual episode and choose the exact time/date. Also, everything is stored online, so you never lose any of your data, and once we eventually have a website to manage online, and potentially an iphone app, your info goes with!

In less than 3 days we have had over 1000 downloads already. I am working my butt off to fix any bugs that are reported and implement any feature suggestions. Any feedback is great! Thanks!

Here is our website - www.tvshowfavs.com - which has some info about the app as well as some screenshots, and the link to the app in the market. If you are too lazy to go to the site, here is the market link: http://market.android.com/search?q=pname:com.tvshowfavs

Here are some screen shots:

home.png

schedule.png

seriesinfo1.png

topfavs.png
    I look forward to the update. Thanks :)

Update is live with the fix.
    Is it somehow possible to show tv shows that are running in germany?

All of the data comes from www.tvrage.com and www.thetvdb.com. If you add the show to both sites, it should show up within TV Show Favs in a couple days. However, since both sites are user/community updated, people need to fill in the information for the show.
    Hi guys, we have changed the pay model for the app. The app is now free with ads and a 14 day premium feature trial. The premium features are themes, language translation, notifications and facebook integration. If the premium key app is purchased, the ads get disabled and the premium features get unlocked. We are sorry we weren't up front about our plans for charging for the app. We didn't realize people would assume the app will always be free once it left beta. It was our fault and to hopefully remedy the situation we have changed the model as previously described. As always, we appreciate everyone who uses TV Show Favs.