[App] Twitter adfree

Search This thread

Donlagos

Dec 16, 2015
I do understand that this isn't working anymore on new Twitter app versions. I use slimsocial for Twitter because it is open source and small, Unfortunately also adfree with exposed installer doesn't work

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
I reinstalled completely my phone. Now that I installed Twitter I see promoted ads.

I had installed a module before which worked. I can't remember the name of the module.

It worked 100%. All I have is the nsndroid backup which containd the module.

amplatfus

Sep 26, 2009
I reinstalled completely my phone. Now that I installed Twitter I see promoted ads.

I had installed a module before which worked. I can't remember the name of the module.

It worked 100%. All I have is the nsndroid backup which containd the module.

Hi,

So there is a hope. Only way I see is to do a backup now, than restore your old backup, check the module and then restore to latest backup.
And then, if you could share with us...we love to know too :)

PS: all I have tried, did not worked

Thank you!

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Hi,

So there is a hope. Only way I see is to do a backup now, than restore your old backup, check the module and then restore to latest backup.
And then, if you could share with us...we love to know too :)

PS: all I have tried, did not worked

Thank you!

Ok, I found the module again. And it works perfect for me. The only thing what it still shows is recommend users to follow. But no promoted tweets / ads.

Twitter AdKiller by Gusarov. Latest version 1.2. I'm on Oreo 8.1. I hope this module works for you too.

Reactions: amplatfus

amplatfus

Sep 26, 2009
Ok, I found the module again. And it works perfect for me. The only thing what it still shows is recommend users to follow. But no promoted tweets / ads.

Twitter AdKiller by Gusarov. Latest version 1.2. I'm on Oreo 8.1. I hope this module works for you too.
Thank you for share the module with us.
I have tried but it seems not working in my case on Lineage OS, Android 9.
Did you clear data of Twitter app? Did you followed any specific steps after install, activate and restart?
Edit: I am on latest Magidk, latest Twitter app, EdXposed YAHFA 0.4.5.5
Thanks,
amplatfus

Last edited:

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you for share the module with us.
I have tried but it seems not working in my case on Lineage OS, Android 9.
Did you clear data of Twitter app? Did you followed any specific steps after install, activate and restart?
Edit: I am on latest Magidk, latest Twitter app, EdXposed YAHFA 0.4.5.5
Thanks,
amplatfus
I didn't clear any data on Twitter. I'm on oreo 8.1 with xposed framework. I use magisk 19.3. Version 20.1 screwed up my persist.img.. Mot sure if that is even possible. But after installation of magisk 20.1 I had a hard time to revive my phone. Finally I found the official persist.img on a xiaomi site and installed it manually by the twrp terminal. With that, the phone was able to boot correctly.

Actually I forgot that I had installed the module. But after the factory reset of my phone and installing / configuring Twitter I realized that promoted ads are back. Since last night, when I found the module again. The adds were gone.

I hope the module gets updated so that it works with Ed Xposed too.

Reactions: amplatfus

ClimbingTrees

Jul 3, 2020
The module does not filter ads for me on Twitter version 8.50.0-release.02 (com.twitter.android). Maybe because I localise my interface to Swedish? The tag on add reads: Sponsrad

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone