Votes: 16 1.5%
  • More than $2.99!

Votes: 24 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
Nice work. You should look at Llama on market, does the same as your app does plus much more and we have the choice to pay or not! You should do the same. :rolleyes:

Ben74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2006
I loaded this on an Incredible with SR3.5, it works there is an issue:

If I leave home the lock in the task bar shows lock but will not let the screen sleep, I had to turn off the service to get the screen to sleep.

Did I miss something in setup?

This will be an excellent tool if that issue can be resolved.

-========-
I just downloaded Send Log, I will try again later and send the log...
several people are reporting problems with the screen coming on randomly, or not turning off at all. i will see what i can do about this. oldman_58, could you press Bug Report in the menu, and send me the log? thanks.

pdppdp

Feb 16, 2011
This app is working really good. Had no problems until now. But I suggest an additional feature. I have two wlans at home. Can you implement that the one is selected with the better signal. I always have to switch manually because the signal is never loosed totally but very poor. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
This app is working really good. Had no problems until now. But I suggest an additional feature. I have two wlans at home. Can you implement that the one is selected with the better signal. I always have to switch manually because the signal is never loosed totally but very poor. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
if you have two networks, or two or more routers in the same network, just add the network while you are connected to each one. the app only looks at the bssid (in the blue text under the network name), not the ssid (name).

daniesq

Mar 28, 2008
Ben,

I downloaded it this morning and installed it on my MyTouch 4g (HTC Glacier) running stock install with Android 2.2.1. So far I've not left the house yet, however, it recognized the Wifi right away and I haven't seen the lock screen since I installed it. (Yes!) I will be leaving in a bit and will post an update then.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

All the best,

Danielle

johnny.99

Mar 19, 2011
Nice idea, probably good app, but I can achieve all this and much much more with Tasker. Much more complex, indeed, and that is probably where your app comes into play - simple and easy.

But still, i prefer Tasker ;)
A while ago, I tried doing this with Tasker, but it never really worked. Sometimes the lock screen would disable or enable when I wanted it to, but sometimes not. Sometimes it would mysteriously re-enable itself after it was originally disabled. I finally dropped that task since it was so unreliable. I think the problem has to do with the way Tasker manages the lock screen, since I do successfully use Tasker to enable/disable WiFi for my favorite hot spots.

I will try this app. Hopefully it works better than Tasker for the lock screen.

shardinite

Nov 19, 2007
Waipahu
Works as advertised

Sprint Evo 4G (rooted)
Android 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd [email protected] #15
Build number: 3.70.651.1 CL294884

Works as promised. When I enter home or work and the wifi connects the lock screen is disabled. When I leave said location the lock screen re-enables.

Thank you. It's convenient.

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
new version: 0.6.2

i added something to try for those of you who are having problems with the screen coming on randomly, or the screen not staying off. try selecting Alternative Logic in the settings. this will prevent the app from doing any activities when the screen turns off. normally, the app does some checks when it receives a notification that the screen has been turned off, but that activity might be what's keeping the screen on. maybe this will help. please let me know either way! note two things: 1) the lock delay won't work with alternative logic enabled. 2) if you turn on the screen after you leave the house, but before the wifi timeout expires (default 60 sec), the screen will momentarily appear unlocked, but will then lock immediately.

please post feedback about this feature!

Ollieee

Sep 22, 2010
On my N1 running 2.3.3 GRI40 I just experienced something weird.

Installed app. Tried it. Then I also activated the 5 second lock delay. Now I'm about to get some sleep so I turned my phone into airplane mode. Got the message that my phone was locked again then, of course.

But now when I press the power button to turn the display off it will immediately turn on again (home screen then, no lock). It does so several times, even when I do nothing and it turn off automatically - immediately on again and there is my home screen.

So I turned the 5s delay off again. No difference. Powered the phone off completely and on again. Still it keeps turning the display off and right back on again.

After I press the power button like ~3-8 times at some point the display stays off and when I turn it on the phone is finally locked. If I unlock it again (power button and enter PIN), afterwards the problem is right back.

If it helps, I captured a (rather poor) video. youtube.com/watch?v=HTBjdH-TArM (Apparently I can't really post links yet lol)

edit

Oops, I see it's already known and maybe even fixed. Gonna test it!

edit2

Nope. I still have the problem with 0.6.2. Pretty much no difference. Sometimes I can see the lock screen kinda flickering for a tiny moment before my home screen appears, if this helps.

edit3

Sent you a bug report / the log.

Last edited:

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
I've considered adding that. If there's enough requests for it, I may add it at a later date.

How's the app working for everyone?

Sent from my Captivate
prefect, this is the best app ever. +1 for turn on wifi, this way i can use wifi at work without turning it back on again.

Also i would like to say make a free ad supported version and a paid no ad version

Last edited:

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
On my N1 running 2.3.3 GRI40 I just experienced something weird.

Installed app. Tried it. Then I also activated the 5 second lock delay. Now I'm about to get some sleep so I turned my phone into airplane mode. Got the message that my phone was locked again then, of course.

But now when I press the power button to turn the display off it will immediately turn on again (home screen then, no lock). It does so several times, even when I do nothing and it turn off automatically - immediately on again and there is my home screen.

So I turned the 5s delay off again. No difference. Powered the phone off completely and on again. Still it keeps turning the display off and right back on again.

After I press the power button like ~3-8 times at some point the display stays off and when I turn it on the phone is finally locked. If I unlock it again (power button and enter PIN), afterwards the problem is right back.

If it helps, I captured a (rather poor) video. youtube.com/watch?v=HTBjdH-TArM (Apparently I can't really post links yet lol)

edit

Oops, I see it's already known and maybe even fixed. Gonna test it!

edit2

Nope. I still have the problem with 0.6.2. Pretty much no difference. Sometimes I can see the lock screen kinda flickering for a tiny moment before my home screen appears, if this helps.

edit3

Sent you a bug report / the log.
you rock for posting that video! i appreciate you going the extra mile to test my app. also thanks for sending the log. from the log, it looks like you haven't enabled "Alternate Logic" in the settings yet. try it with that, and send me another log. thanks

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
ok, i think i solved this problem with the screen coming on. i think it only applies to cyanogen ROMs. i installed CM 6.1 on my G1, and was able to reproduce the problem. the good news is that my "Alernative Logic" option does solve the issue. so cyanogen ROMs can run Unlock With WiFi, with the caveat that lock delay doesn't work. if anyone who isn't running a CM ROM has this problem, please let me know.

update: i found that CM has it's own settings for lock delay, and they were interfering with the lock delay in my app. if you're using CM, go into Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Screen Timeout Delay and set it to "Immediately". do the same for Screen Turned Off Delay. lock delay will work from within my app!

Last edited:

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
prefect, this is the best app ever. +1 for turn on wifi, this way i can use wifi at work without turning it back on again.

Also i would like to say make a free ad supported version and a paid no ad version
so a lot of people seem to be in favor of an ad supported version. the only problem with this is, once you setup the app, you're probably never going to open it again, so the opportunities to show ads would total about one. obviously, i would make zero money from that. i'm unemployed at the moment, and am trying to land a job developing for android, so it would be really nice if i could get a little compensation for the time i put into this app (2 months).

the only way i can see an ad supported version working is if i implement some sort of periodic ad display. perhaps in the notification tray. like maybe once a day. it would probably be annoying. i don't like ads, myself. what do people think about this? would you rather have a free app that puts an ad in your notification tray once in a while, or pay less than what a cup of coffee costs for it? maybe i'll do both, but would people hate the ad supported version and trash it in the market comments?

Faticanus

Nov 23, 2010
No annoying ads please. Maybe free version with reduced functionality and paid version with full functionality?

Maybe I found a little bug. After disabling notification and enabling it again the notification didn't come up again. I had to disable and enable the app in the main screen.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.