[APP] [UNOFFICIAL] Chronus LockClock App ripped from CM10.1 [8-01-2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
This is on no way my app so...
Thanks to CyanogenMod Dev DvTonder for creating this awesome widget and ....

Thanks to Quinny899 for the initial thread and apk rip

THIS WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID JELLY BEAN 4.1+ based ROM such as CM10 or PA 2.5+

This is an awesome app/widget that has been in the CM10.1 ROMS for a while.
I thought it would be awesome for us to be able to install on other ROMS as well for our N4 ay?

I have tested and installed on Xylon, CodefireX and Paranoid Android ROM. It seems to run very well.

Please note that as its not my app, I cannot deal with bug reports or be asked to care about the app not running.
Bugs should NOT be reported to CyanogenMod Bug Tracker since this is not an official installation.

I'll post links for newer versions from recent nightlies if it contains a lot of changes only.

SCREENSHOTS
Analog Clock on lock screen
uploadfromtaptalk1357706627717.jpg

Digital Clock
uploadfromtaptalk1357706667723.jpg

FEATURES:

Clock
•Clock & Alarm (use digital or analog clock interface)
•Show Next Alarm
•Display Bold hours, minute and alarms (for digital)

Weather Panel
•Display from Yahoo! Weather
•Display alternate icons (white or coloured)
•Use Metric
•Display location
•Show timestamp
•Invert low/high temperatures.

Calendar Events
•Display next event
•Event calendar (option to choose specific calendar)
•Event lookahead
•Event location
•Event description

…and hopefully more to come from CM10.1 devs

Download
http://db.tt/CmEXt0JV

How to Install
•Install like every normal app
•Remove the normal clock widget from home and lock screen. Replace with "Chronus"
•Open Chronus app from "app drawer" to customize and setup

Tip for those without PA2.99+
•Install Rom Toolbox app from play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox
•Reduce your DPI to 310 to reveal weather on lock screen without having to swipe down (Thanks to Mymonkeyballs)

......Enjoy

Last edited:

scanie

Jul 18, 2008
I feel like a noob.. I can't get the widget big enough to show the weather. I've tried dragging the widget and I get the weather visible for a moment but as soon as I lock the screen it shrinks again. See pic.

Skickat från min Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357759030825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357759030825.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 954

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
I feel like a noob.. I can't get the widget big enough to show the weather. I've tried dragging the widget and I get the weather visible for a moment but as soon as I lock the screen it shrinks again. See pic.

Skickat från min Nexus 4

Right. Here's what you can do
You can edit your props to reduce the DPI with either ROM toolbox or any props editing app from the play store.

Its 320 by default. Reduce to maybe 290

Swagged out of my Paranoid NeXus⁴

Reactions: 3bs11

zwiebug

Jan 11, 2009
Already have CM10.1 Nightly installed with Chronus Widget, but can't seem to configure it. I can't find an app in the app drawer to configure the widget. I also can't install this one in the download link. Says it is already installed.

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
Already have CM10.1 Nightly installed with Chronus Widget, but can't seem to configure it. I can't find an app in the app drawer to configure the widget. I also can't install this one in the download link. Says it is already installed.

If you're running cm10.1 you won't find "chronus" in app drawer.

The settings will be in Settings > System

There you will find chronus settings.

You don't need to install either because it comes in the ROM already.

Swagged out of my Paranoid NeXus⁴

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
i think if dvtonder wanted everyone to use it in their roms he would've uploaded it himself.

^ This

In fact he said in the CM thread that he wanted it to be an exclusively CM feature for now and that he would upload a stand alone version at a later date, you probably should have asked him before posting this.

Putzy

Oct 18, 2010
London
^ This

In fact he said in the CM thread that he wanted it to be an exclusively CM feature for now and that he would upload a stand alone version at a later date, you probably should have asked him before posting this.

To be fair, since it's open source... at least he's getting attribution. ;)

Xsaero

Jan 10, 2013
Oranienburg
Problem

I cant install the apk...:confused:
Theresa is a problem parsing the package on my Galaxy s3. I have the i9305*Galaxy S3*RIX*Rom XXELK4 Jelly Bean 4.1.2!

Am I the only one with the Problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is on no way my app so...
    Thanks to CyanogenMod Dev DvTonder for creating this awesome widget and ....

Thanks to Quinny899 for the initial thread and apk rip

THIS WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID JELLY BEAN 4.1+ based ROM such as CM10 or PA 2.5+

This is an awesome app/widget that has been in the CM10.1 ROMS for a while.
    I thought it would be awesome for us to be able to install on other ROMS as well for our N4 ay?

I have tested and installed on Xylon, CodefireX and Paranoid Android ROM. It seems to run very well.

Please note that as its not my app, I cannot deal with bug reports or be asked to care about the app not running.
    Bugs should NOT be reported to CyanogenMod Bug Tracker since this is not an official installation.

I'll post links for newer versions from recent nightlies if it contains a lot of changes only.

SCREENSHOTS
    Analog Clock on lock screen
    uploadfromtaptalk1357706627717.jpg

Digital Clock
    uploadfromtaptalk1357706667723.jpg

FEATURES:

Clock
    •Clock & Alarm (use digital or analog clock interface)
    •Show Next Alarm
    •Display Bold hours, minute and alarms (for digital)

Weather Panel
    •Display from Yahoo! Weather
    •Display alternate icons (white or coloured)
    •Use Metric
    •Display location
    •Show timestamp
    •Invert low/high temperatures.

Calendar Events
    •Display next event
    •Event calendar (option to choose specific calendar)
    •Event lookahead
    •Event location
    •Event description

…and hopefully more to come from CM10.1 devs

Download
    http://db.tt/CmEXt0JV

How to Install
    •Install like every normal app
    •Remove the normal clock widget from home and lock screen. Replace with "Chronus"
    •Open Chronus app from "app drawer" to customize and setup

Tip for those without PA2.99+
    •Install Rom Toolbox app from play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox
    •Reduce your DPI to 310 to reveal weather on lock screen without having to swipe down (Thanks to Mymonkeyballs)

......Enjoy
    I will be posting an official, stand alone version of Chronus in the next week or so after I have figured out the best way of making it run on Android 4.0 and 4.1 as well.

It will be a normal, installable APK.
    Even though after refreshing several times,clock fail to show my location as well as weather and always flash one thing "Tap to refresh" I'm from India, is it because of my location??

This thread and it's app are 3 months old. Since then the dev's been posting proper apk & updates. Here is the thread by the app's dev. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=39036416#post39036416

Mods may want to close this thread.
    i think if dvtonder wanted everyone to use it in their roms he would've uploaded it himself.

I am fine with it being distributed as long as 1) attribution is given and 2) the OP provides support to those that install this version. I will not accept bug reports from non-official/ripped versions (which the OP also clearly states :) )

^ This

I have been debating doing it and at some point will probably make a version available but until then, I have no problem with this.

To be fair, since it's open source... at least he's getting attribution. ;)

Yes, and thank you for that.

Widget has been designed to work on Jelly Bean 4.2.1 AFAIK. I think that's probably why you get problem parsing the package.

Current widget will only run on Android 4.2+, I am considering making a home screen widget version available for 4.0, 4.1 but have not gotten to it yet.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone