• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][UPD: 2008.12.10.1]Gyrator 2: Auto Screen Rotation for *ALL* HTC Diamonds

Search This thread

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
[size=+2]Now supports ALL HTC Diamond/HTC Diamond Pro variants![/size]

Gyrator has an advanced graphical configuration interface which can be used to create
thousands of combinations of events to suit every users needs. Windows can be excluded
from all events, or only some of them. Customisable sound events can be triggered, and
the device can be made to vibrate for any event. The keypad can be locked, the screen
can be turned off, or the entire device can be instructed to suspend.

There's alot more information, too much to display here, along with advanced information
and guides on the project website which can be found at: http://gyrator.brins0.net

InformationScreen.jpg
EventConfiguration.jpg

If you are interested in what's new, check the Version History on the project site.

Hope you enjoy using this program and that it's useful to you in some way...
- .NET Compact Framework v3.5

If you really like this program, and want to buy me a coffee, you can do so here

A big thanks to my beta tester "LucidObscurity" from the forums, who's helped me iron out some of the small bugs.
Also a big thanks to one of my kind users, "Kiekeboe100", for donating the webspace gyrator.brins0.net is hosted in.
Forum user "starbase64" has written a useful tutorial for German Gyrator users which can be found here: http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/windows_mobile_6_6_1_forum/54564-gyrator_screen_rotator.html
More information and download HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: Sachintha chaminda

levka

Sep 5, 2008
Same on HTC Diamond. Rotates main screen (messes up graphics for the icon tab) but still rotates it. Wont rotate anything else i tried so far.

Got an error 2 after few rotates

screen05sr9.png

Last edited:

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
Same on HTC Diamond. Rotates main screen (messes up graphics for the icon tab) but still rotates it. Wont rotate anything else i tried so far.

Got an error 2 after few rotates

- Make sure you have the .NET Compact Framework v3.5 installed. It will work with 2.0, but can have issues (I've run my tests with 3.5)

Also, there are known issues with the touchflo interface. Normally screen rotation is completely disabled on the diamond to remove any possibilities of program messing up, so it's bound to cause issues i'm afraid. When I ran tests on my device, I didn't come across any errors, although I have completely removed TF3D from my diamond.

Can you try and make the error happen again, and record the steps you took to make it happen, as well as all the information the error window gives you, and i'll try and correct the problem.

Edit 1: Forgot to add that the library cannot retrieve orientation information on some devices with certain roms installed, but that's out of my control i'm afraid. It will affect all programs that rely on the "Sensors" sdk library.

Edit 2: Can you also tell me which roms (OS/Radio) you are using as well, as this will likely be related to the problem in some way (See Edit 1)

Last edited:

MightyMike

Dec 19, 2007
Application is ver similar as gsen in regards to Telus Mobility Diamonds.

Rotation does not work except for within the programs list. Any where else (text messages, ie, etc) absolutely does not work :(

darn!

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
Application is ver similar as gsen in regards to Telus Mobility Diamonds.

Rotation does not work except for within the programs list. Any where else (text messages, ie, etc) absolutely does not work :(

darn!

Yeah, i'm afraid that's a limitation of the library which has been made availabel to us. It Telus want to go and destroy the ROM/device, then unfortunately we have no control over it. It's like T-Mobile removing 64MB of the RAM when they changed the shell, it's only got 128MB now. I do wish I knew why companies like to bastardise perfectly good phones, then sell them on as if they were the same... It's quite insulting sometimes...

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
[2008/09/22] New version!

A new version has been released, so have added this post to bump the topic up.

This is a large update, and should be used instead of the older version as it confains various new options and features, as well as performance updates.

Link to information post concerning the updates, as well as download information.

owz206

Jul 17, 2008
Llanelli
Thanks for this mate,works like a charm.Tried the rotation out on most of my programs and it works flawlessly.My contacts rotate fine and the text message also,the text input even changes to full qwerty keyboard on rotation,amazing.:D

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
Thanks for this mate,works like a charm.Tried the rotation out on most of my programs and it works flawlessly.My contacts rotate fine and the text message also,the text input even changes to full qwerty keyboard on rotation,amazing.:D

Your welcome, hope it's not too hard to configure, I have put alot of thaught into how to make it simple for the end user to configure...

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
No problems to configure at all,the only problem is when rotating touch flo 3d,but i know thats going to be a problem for any rotation app.thanks again

I've disabled TouchFlo 3D on my device, so unfortunately I can't get the window title/class for it, to add it to the blacklist. If you would be kind enough to find the class for it (i'm guessing the entire today screen) then it can be added to the configuration file for all to see.

I've added the "Applications.ini" file to my server for folk to download. this will be updated more frequently than the application, so keep an eye out for changes :)

enrique999

Jan 21, 2008
I don't think it likes my Touch Pro. It works fine using File Explorer but that's it. After trying to test it out in the all settings and all programs menus it gives the error that Levka posted.

brins0

May 1, 2006
Ashton-Under-Lyne
brins0.net
I don't think it likes my Touch Pro. It works fine using File Explorer but that's it. After trying to test it out in the all settings and all programs menus it gives the error that Levka posted.

As other users have stated, as well as myself in the first post, it suffers form the generic error what all programs using the GSensor library. It has been covered in the GSen program info page too...

Not working on HTC Touch Pro with ROM version 1.90.0.0 or newer and HTC Touch Diamond with Telus ROM.

As previously stated, i'm afraid this is out of my control, although hopefully in the near future, the library will be improved, and will be able to deal with these "different" devices. As soon as support has been improved, i'll be sure to include it in my latest build.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
i liek this app and wish i could use it. im on a telus device.

Hit me up if you want anything to help out on getting this to work on telus/sprint devices i have all the rom files and can make reg dumps.

hkpeople

Aug 11, 2008
I have some question...
1)Framework v3.5 is 35MB...need I install Framework v3.5(35MB) to my diamond...because my diamond free space only 40 MB....
2)install Framework v3.5 via ActiveSync?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+2]Now supports ALL HTC Diamond/HTC Diamond Pro variants![/size]

Gyrator has an advanced graphical configuration interface which can be used to create
    thousands of combinations of events to suit every users needs. Windows can be excluded
    from all events, or only some of them. Customisable sound events can be triggered, and
    the device can be made to vibrate for any event. The keypad can be locked, the screen
    can be turned off, or the entire device can be instructed to suspend.

There's alot more information, too much to display here, along with advanced information
    and guides on the project website which can be found at: http://gyrator.brins0.net

InformationScreen.jpg
    EventConfiguration.jpg

If you are interested in what's new, check the Version History on the project site.

Hope you enjoy using this program and that it's useful to you in some way...
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Requirements:
    - HTC Diamond / HTC Diamond Pro
    - WM6+
    - .NET Compact Framework v3.5

If you really like this program, and want to buy me a coffee, you can do so here

A big thanks to my beta tester "LucidObscurity" from the forums, who's helped me iron out some of the small bugs.
    Also a big thanks to one of my kind users, "Kiekeboe100", for donating the webspace gyrator.brins0.net is hosted in.
    Forum user "starbase64" has written a useful tutorial for German Gyrator users which can be found here: http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/windows_mobile_6_6_1_forum/54564-gyrator_screen_rotator.html
    More information and download HERE
    User Manual

Hi,

Do you have any user manual for the software. I want to disable rotation for some of my applications and I am not able to configure the software for the same. I want the application to only work in portrait mode. Please help me out.

Thanks

Bhavmit