[APP][Updated 07/18/2008] BubbleLevel v1.02

Search This thread

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
BubbleLevel v1.02

My first attempt at utilizing the Touch Diamond's accelerometer. And it's free! :)
The sensor is a Kionix KXSD9.

Donate a cup of coffee!
Thanks for donating on my birthday: Damien (€2,00)
and another thank you for Nuno (€1,00)

Features:
- Measure the slope of a surface using the 'bubble level' concept
- Display the slope angle in degrees
- Real time display and calibration of sensor data
- Can be used upside down too (go measure yer ceiling matey!)

Changelog:
v1.02
- Added verbose calibration screen
- Real time sensor data monitoring
- Implemented two-direction calibration method (for absolute sensor bias compensation as suggested by Kionix)
- Calibration data is stored to memory (used for BubbleLevel only!)

v1.01
- Added icon and placed shortcut in Programs (instead of Start Menu)
- Fixed bug of bubble flying away >42 lightyears when device is tilted at 90 degrees, causing a warp core breach (thanks akito)

v1.00
- Initial release

Attachments

• BubbleLevel.jpg
    BubbleLevel.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18,045
  • BubbleLevel.CAB
    26.4 KB · Views: 19,871
Last edited:

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
Sounds nice ! So this software will let us be able to calibrate the Touch Diamonds Accelerometer?

I have downloaded the cab and installed it but how to use it?

A

akito

I'm going to try this!! Thanks for posting it and letting us try :-D

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Sounds nice ! So this software will let us be able to calibrate the Touch Diamonds Accelerometer?

I have downloaded the cab and installed it but how to use it?
The shortcut's in your Start Menu. Click the Windows flag to get to it; I will find a nice icon and add a decent Programs shortcut later on ;)

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
The shortcut's in your Start Menu. Click the Windows flag to get to it; I will find a nice icon and add a decent Programs shortcut later on ;)

Okay got it working now.. But when i calibrate and exit the program it resets the settings back to before it was calibrated.. So it doesnt save the calibration.. :(

Last edited:
A

akito

Bug found ;-)
Whether calibrated or not, when I hold my phone completely vertical making it show about 87 degrees of more the program crashes... actually my whole phone crashes cause I can't exit the program anymore and need to push the reset button :p

horstborsch

Jan 4, 2008
can anyone post some screens? my diamond is up and away for repair :(

edit: sorry my browser took some while to load the pic on the first post so I didn´t see it.

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Bug found ;-)
Whether calibrated or not, when I hold my phone completely vertical making it show about 87 degrees of more the program crashes... actually my whole phone crashes cause I can't exit the program anymore and need to push the reset button :p
Thanks akito, I could indeed reproduce that behaviour quite easily... I guess I need some exception handling when doing vector dot product calculations :cool:
Will fix this asap.

Edit: Fixed in v1.01, check start post!

Last edited:

castor.troy

May 23, 2008
Utrecht
Version 1.01

Where can we download version 1.01 of Bubblelevel? Because the above problem still exists in the version which can be downloaded on the first page.

j0bro

May 28, 2006
Eindhoven
Where can we download version 1.01 of Bubblelevel? Because the above problem still exists in the version which can be downloaded on the first page.

Please check the About box in the program for the version number. The cause for the bug mentioned above is removed in v1.01, but you might have come across another situation. Please let me know if you find out when it happens exactly, thanks!

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
wasn't this program supposed to calibrate the accelerometer?

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
Hi, could you please give me some advice how to programm with the g-sensor..

i have an idea for a small programm that uses the sensor...

i already found the "HTCSensorSDK" but when i want to load the project files within C# Express 2008 i became an error that the project files could not opend...

eastmushu

Dec 17, 2004
BubbleLevel v1.01

My first attempt at utilizing the Touch Diamond's accelerometer. And it's free! :)

Features:
- Measure the slope of a surface using the 'bubble level' concept
- Display the slope angle in degrees
- Measure the relative angle between surfaces using the calibration function
- Can be used upside down too (go measure yer ceiling matey!)

Changelog:
v1.0.1
- Added icon and placed shortcut in Programs (instead of Start Menu)
- Fixed bug of bubble flying away >42 lightyears when device is tilted at 90 degrees, causing a warp core breach (thanks akito)

v1.0
- Initial release

Will this work with Omnia (i900) too?

sandervanzijl

Jan 14, 2008
it should also be possible to check if something is completely vertical.
when i hold my phone in the vertical position and tilt it a little bit the numbers change.
could you add indicators for vertical and horizontal bubblelevel?
could you also lower the refresh rate a little bit. the numers keep jumping making reading them almost impossible.