[APP] [UPDATED 2009-04-01].CommMgrPro. Automatic profiling tool (GSM Cell)

Search This thread

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Download latest version on www.commmgrpro.com
Available version for Square, QVGA, VGA, 320x320 and 400x240(Omnia) vesions...

V2.7(2009-11-26)
1) Compatibility to switch band with HTC Touch HD2
2) Compatibility to switch band with Toshiba TG01
3) switching is faster because now I dont turn radio off, just unregister and register from network. No need to enter automatically PIN code too.

http://www.commmgrpro.com/files/CommMgrPro_V2.7.CAB.zip

V2.6.1b2(2009-07-27)
1) Support for Widcomm BT Stacks (HTC Diamond2, HTC Touch Pro 2, IPAQ devices, etc)
2) German texts fixes. (Thanks Michael Pauliks ¡)
Latest Version V2.6(2009-04-01)
The installer CommMgrPro_2.6_RIL_RegUnreg.cab is a solution for same devices that doesnt refresh its location correctly after some hours. Please try it
I ve attached the file containing only the program, without theme. Require a theme installed. Its name is CommMgrPro_2.6.cab
I ve created a installer containing the skizzo theme for all the resolutions. The ones that are not adecuated for the device are remove on install. But I couldnt upload it. This is a direct link
http://www.commmgrpro.com/files/CMP_2.6_QVGA_VGA_SQUARE.zip

1) Bug fixing.
2) Button refresh now recalculates which schedule should be active and do it.......
3) SMS and Mail actions improved with a button to choose an outlook contact.
4) New action to sync an email account
5) Now you can copy one time frame (with its actions) or all the time frames of a schedule and paste it to other weekdays of the same or other profile.
6) In the paste procedure you can select to remove all the time frames of the destiny profile & weekday or delete only the time frames that could overlap with the new ones.
7) On install you can choose to install as a process or as a service.
8) When you change the state of BT, WIFI or speaker, using main window or as an action now you can select "Monitor and keep the state". In this way CMP will reapply the state if windows or other program changes the state. Very useful in some devices that currently turn BT off to save battery (so your connection to your Headset is lost) or when windows turns wifi on automatically but you dont want it.
9) New Action: Close Idle connections now can be activated/deactivated as an action.
10) New Action Upload data to configure this feature to OFF/ON state. So you can select when CMP should upload location changes to the server

Version V2.6b3(2009-03-24)
Version V2.5.3(2009-03-16)
1) Bug fixing arrived with service feature:
1.1) Schedule Engine. Some schedules didnt work correclty.
1.2) Virtual Secretariat.
1.3) Button Plan now works correctly
1.4) CMP crashing ocassionally with splash screen stated "Creating GUI"....
2) Now you can lock a profile being in a schedule EOAP (Execute On Any Place).
3) Pause/Resume CMP using the main menu. When CMP is paused it wont execute actions.
3) Upgrade instructions:
3.1) Close CMP (Menu/Exit).
3.2) Copy the cab to the device.
3.3) Dont uninstall first. It will remove your registry settings, your activation code, etc.
3.4) Click on the cab file. It will uninstall/install the new version. These process can take several minutes. Please be patient and dont reset the device until de process is finished.
3.5) Once the install process is done CMP will ask you to reset the device. Click on Yes.
3.6) If you ve any problem using Service way just change the registry key HKLM\Software\Daniel Herrero\CommMgrPro\cmp_as_service to 0 and reset the device. On boot CMP will execute as a process.

Here is the link that describes new features after 2.5.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=3313774&postcount=2242
Version V2.4(2008-10-31)
1) Fixed an issue on the battery statistics.
2) Fixed an issue related to lock/unlock profiles being phone off
3) Fixed issues with schedules based on "always on" profiles.
4) To avoid confussion CMP wont let you lock a profile if it hasnt a schedule that matches current time
5) The installer has been separated in two different installers. One for CMP and others for skin. In this way a CMP update will be much smaller.
6) To avoid problems with new incomming models with "strange" screen resolution CMP will be forced to use the resolution of the current theme.
7) The way to change the band now is selected manually because of the many carrier names for the different models
8) New skin available "white" for all resolutions and others are comming¡. If you know to draw icons and you want to create a skin and share it with us please contact me.
9) To update: First install the CMP's cab. Then install a theme's cab according to your screen resolution. Then run CMP.
Version V2.3(2008-10-09)
1) Skin engine improvements.
2) Bug fixing related with phone-off action. Now you can rely at 100% about add "turn phone off" action during the night and turn it on automatically in the morning.
3) Better integration between CMP and HTC Touch Diamond/Pro. Current profile-schedule is shown in the main TouchFlo3D tab (Thanks to NLS). User can disable it on Options 3
4) CMP is autorestarted automatically if other program kills it to avoid HTC task manager closes accidentally it. To close CMP just use menu/exit
5) Support for Samsung Omnia (240x400 devices).
6) Minor bugs fixed.

Version V2.2(2008-09-12)
1) There are towers on each country with same cell id. So now the primary key for Cell Mode will be CellID + LAC. CMP will convert your database so make a backup before and will fill the lac information each time it finds a cell with lac equals 0
2) Compatibility with HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro (Fixed Band manager, speaker manager, GPS manager and some GUI changes).
3) New option to repair the database.
4) New page for connections option (In connections/menu/options)
5) Option to disable/enable connections on roaming
6) Option to CMP startup delayed on page Options 3.
7) Option to Show/Hide the main window after start CMP.
8) Clicking on the higher part of the battery bar opens the battery page
9) Clicking on the lower part of the battery bar opens the battery page
10) Hide button is raplaced by calendar button.
11) New Today tab. This dialog lets you see the next events that will happen in the place, including calendar events, "Always on" schedules and other events (time limits, etc)
Version V2.1(2008-07-24)
1) Improved call forwarding action. Now you can choose the same kind of options like standard phone program
2) New "Restore" actions. You can choose to restore any option to previous state. For example: On enter Speaker off, on exit Restore Speaker (to same value as it was).
3) The user can reassign a profile as "default profile" in the profiles tab (menu/profiles/mark as default profile). This profile hasn't cells associated and is applied when the location is unknown.
4) CMP ask confirmation before importing a xml data file found on the device.
5) English and German translation and help files have been fixed by Ralf Rutkat. Thanks¡.Some dialogs without help page now have it.
6) Test menu disabled. Ask me if you need access to it (testers, traductors, etc).
7) When CMP says that user must restart to apply changes It can be done in that moment (yes/no buttons).
8) Phone going off bug fixed.
7) MUCH Bug fixing

Attachments

• landscape.jpg
    landscape.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4,670
  • vga_white.jpg
    vga_white.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 4,744
Last edited:

stepir

Nov 12, 2006
Milan
features looks pretty cool!

Graphically, I have to say, it isn't so good; why not just keeping the same graph style of the original comm mgr?

Applestar

Dec 8, 2006
Is there anyone that can provide graphics??

And could you compike a "non-debug" version? Thanks :)

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Is there anyone that can provide graphics??

And could you compike a "non-debug" version? Thanks :)
This is beta version and the goal is bug-fixing so debug version is needed to find them. Please keep in mind this is the first beta. Only install it if you have time to test it and report bugs. If not is better to wait some weeks for a stable version......:D
Greetings

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
This looks like a great peice of kit. Downloading now and will report any findings/bugs here

Excellent work

S.K.

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
Ok just read your instructions and i'm assuming that email address is mispelt (1 m instead of 2 at the end)??

S.K.

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
well, it isnt a bug. Its what I wanted to do. Maybe I should change the text. Its a quick way to open classical Comm Mgr....

Or maybe do like a 'Setting1' 'Setting2' type scenario that points to the 2 settings in Control Panel. Would be nice to get rid of the old Comm Manager altogether and replace with this one once its final. Maybe just add the old CommMgr as a menu item??

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
Can i make a suggestion for the data counter?

I've noticed that the counter only clocks up for the current data session. Once the session is closed, the counter resets to 0 so you have no way of seeing how much was tranferred last session. Maybe add:
Current session
Last session
Total (with a reset counter)

Just an idea to increase functionality

S.K.

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005
I thought It was a good idea to setup a default place. When the current location isnt known then htis plca. This place is special because allows the set a default behaviour when the current place isnt known.....

Yeah sorry, didn't fully understand what it was all about untill now.
Just noticed a newer version already. Downloading and installing now.

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Can i make a suggestion for the data counter?

I've noticed that the counter only clocks up for the current data session. Once the session is closed, the counter resets to 0 so you have no way of seeing how much was tranferred last session. Maybe add:
Current session
Last session
Total (with a reset counter)

Just an idea to increase functionality

S.K.
Yes. The idea is to monitor data traffic per session, day and month but this options isnt included in this beta to avoid confussions on this stage....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disabled images are used int two situations:
    1) When the device hasnt this hardware or the is problem comunicating with it. For example: It the device hasnt wifi or bluetooth or 3G then the button will be disabled.
    2) Connections disabled. The user cant stablish connections...
    ...however profile switching based on a Location into a determined time frame doesn't work for me...

At the university i've add a time frame from 8.30 to 13.30 with "vibrate" mode.. but at 8.31 CMP still show "university-default" and not "University-Lesson"...
    No way to change the profile... also if at 8.31 i close & re-open CMP, it always sets to university-default.

I am beginning to think that there are errors in my database... (all ok with errors check)
    In that case the are a problem in your database, sure. Now I ve to go out but can you send me your database? I will look for a problem in it. Very soon will be ready the utilities for export/import to/from XML so you will be able to see/edit all the data. (places, lacs, cells, schedules, actions....).
    Dani