[APP][Updated 2015-11-12] HTC One A9 Camera/Gallery/Editor for Marshmallow GPE

Search This thread

SiK TL

Dec 1, 2014
Is flashing the zip all that's needed or do I need to flash the apk as well? I did read through the thread but couldn't get an exact answer?

Jun 28, 2008
Calgary, AB
Is flashing the zip all that's needed or do I need to flash the apk as well? I did read through the thread but couldn't get an exact answer?

All I (and a few others) needed to flash is the (updated) zip. However, my phone's not exactly stock, so you may have a slightly different experience from me. If you flash it, and you find it doesn't work, try what others have recommended as well. Good luck!

Reactions: SiK TL

ShinGaiven

Feb 16, 2015
Works fine

Flashed the zip file and its working fine..the only thing is that, i only have 3 camera options. And no manual camera mode.. Am I the only one that has this issue? Please let me know. I love the manual camera mode from the sense version.

Jun 28, 2008
Calgary, AB
Flashed the zip file and its working fine..the only thing is that, i only have 3 camera options. And no manual camera mode.. Am I the only one that has this issue? Please let me know. I love the manual camera mode from the sense version.

No. There are a few things that don't work properly. I'm looking into them, but early indications are that they're disabled in source (for the M8) at the moment (i.e. I can't fix it without access to HTC's source). The other thing that appears to be broken is the UFocus and Foregrounder effects in the Gallery. I can tell the second camera's working, since the Dimension Plus effect works. There's a bunch of log chatter about missing classes and AWB being broken, so hopefully I'll find an answer for some of the issues.

Thanks for the feedback!

olvrick

Dec 13, 2011
Kiev
Tried fifth time, Clean stock GPE 6 rom, just rooted with system write mod.

Not working, not showing in menu.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

when trying to manually copy Camera2.apk gives me copying error...

Root explorer \ what can it be?

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Tried fifth time, Clean stock GPE 6 rom, just rooted with system write mod.

Not working, not showing in menu.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

when trying to manually copy Camera2.apk gives me copying error...

Root explorer \ what can it be?

Do you have enough space in your system partition?

iTchill

Jan 4, 2012
I cleaned some space in the system app drawer to be sure , flashed with twrp , i did get the sync app at first boot , force close as soon as i touch it ...tried to manually accept permission from the app info , rebooted , force close again ....how the hell do you guys make it work ??

Jun 28, 2008
Calgary, AB
I cleaned some space in the system app drawer to be sure , flashed with twrp , i did get the sync app at first boot , force close as soon as i touch it ...tried to manually accept permission from the app info , rebooted , force close again ....how the hell do you guys make it work ??

I'm really sorry. I wonder if there's not something else going on with your phone. How did you flash your ROM? Happy to look at a logcat if you want to post one...

luisitox22

I pulled the Camera (Camera2), Gallery (HMS_Gallery_GP) and Photo Editor (HMS_PhotoEnhancer_GP) apps from LlabTooFeR's A9 dump (link). I wanted to see if they'd work on my GPE-converted HTC One M8 running Android Marshmallow 6.0 (MRA58K).

Update: I've uploaded a new version that I hope works without needing to flash the APK afterwards. Additionally, at least for me, the Photo Editor is now working, including some of the Duo effects that haven't worked on my GPE for a long time. UFocus and Foregrounder don't appear to be working correctly, but at least they don't FC.

Flashable zip. I use TWRP2. Root is required.

Please note: It's been pointed out to me that the standard GPE image leaves very little space in the system partition. Not enough for the HTC apps, which are sort of large. If you're seeing that the zip isn't flashing correctly, please clear some space on your system partition (removing unwanted System G/Apps), before flashing.

Thanks to Arkaydez for some debugging.
Thanks to danial.aw for pointing out issues with GPE system partition size.

Post back with your experience. I'd like to know if it's working for everyone.

Download (Version 2)

Hello, hey thanks for this effort. I was wondering if this would this work on a Sense 7 Android 6.0 Rom? would it work on an HTC EYE?

Does HYPERLAPSE work?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I pulled the Camera (Camera2), Gallery (HMS_Gallery_GP) and Photo Editor (HMS_PhotoEnhancer_GP) apps from LlabTooFeR's A9 dump (link). I wanted to see if they'd work on my GPE-converted HTC One M8 running Android Marshmallow 6.0 (MRA58K).

Update: I've uploaded a new version that I hope works without needing to flash the APK afterwards. Additionally, at least for me, the Photo Editor is now working, including some of the Duo effects that haven't worked on my GPE for a long time. UFocus and Foregrounder don't appear to be working correctly, but at least they don't FC.

Flashable zip. I use TWRP2. Root is required.

Please note: It's been pointed out to me that the standard GPE image leaves very little space in the system partition. Not enough for the HTC apps, which are sort of large. If you're seeing that the zip isn't flashing correctly, please clear some space on your system partition (removing unwanted System G/Apps), before flashing.

Thanks to Arkaydez for some debugging.
    Thanks to danial.aw for pointing out issues with GPE system partition size.

Post back with your experience. I'd like to know if it's working for everyone.

Download (Version 2)
    Ok guys, for those who are looking to have Sense 7 camera instead, @ckpv5 just shared his files. Camera, gallery and photo editor all work great on GPE. Just follow the instructions in his post on lyapota ROM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=64394374

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    This flashable zip is working great on Sky Dragon GPE 6.0.1.

Would it be possible to port Sense 7 camera from latest HTC One M8 update to Marshmallow?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I was able to avoid all the FC's by 1st flashing your zip and then installing the a9 cam apk from apk mirror. b
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone