• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][UTIL]wmDownloader

Search This thread

elektro255

Oct 7, 2009
wmDownloader v0.2

This application allows you to easily download files from One-Click-Hosters like rapidshare. It can be used to download your files overnight without use of PC, but remember to plug your PocketPC to charger.
I recomend turning of not cheap GPRS data connection in case of WiFi lost connection.

Application using michyprima's manila SDK.

User guide:
After first start go to "Config" tab, select destination folder for your files and click "Save". Now you can add files in "Files" tab or by editing file "files.txt" and then reloading it using "Menu->Reload files.txt".
When you added some files you can start download process. Files will be removed automaticly from list after download.

Known bugs:
- not all rapidshare error messages are parsed
- directory browser can't create new directory
- some minor UI bugs like formatting timer :)

Change log:

v0.2
- code prepared for multiple upload websites
- added config for download folder
- new UI
- .NET CF 3.5 used

v0.1
- initial write

Screenshots:
View attachment 275558View attachment 275559View attachment 275560

If you like this application, donate. Donations will be used for making premium accounts.
Donate links:
PayPal EUR
PayPal USD
PayPal PLN

Regrds,
Pawel

Attachments

• wmDownloader.CAB
    482.2 KB · Views: 4,182
Last edited:

madkai

Jul 21, 2007
Oldenburg
Samsung Galaxy S21
First :)

Nice idea, will test it.

edit: Works, but the problem with my device is , that i haven´t got a Storage Card, it called "Interner Speicher" on my german Diamond. So the files will download only to device storage -.-

Another problem is, that the device turn off, when I am downloading, so it would be nice if you can put in a function, that disable this,during the app is running.
And of course if possible more hoster support, for example netload, upload..

Last edited:

wg5566

Feb 5, 2009
SEA
Many thanks, elektro255, it simply WORKS!

There is a file, that for the past weeks I never got a chance from crapidshare to downlead it,I was thinking that the site will never give a slot for this file. But last night your lite tool did it. After about 20 times trying by itself, it downloaded the file while I was sleeping.

Here's some minor issues and suggestions:

Like others found, in my Chinese ROM, it created a folder and downloaded the file to main memory.

On my QVGA device, the font size for displaying details is too small.

Is that possible in future release to make it work with other sites like mediafire etc. I don't really have demand for this myself, but maybe others have better suggested site.

Last thing is that your app does not have an icon and the shortcut looks not good in start menu. If you want to keep the tiny size of it and does not want to include another file into it, you may just use one of the system icons that comes with shellres etc.

Anyway it already did what is expected to do.

Last edited:

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi,
I made simple app to download rapidshare.com files over night.

1. App is just pre pre alpha version :) but works for now
2. I'm not planning to continue work on this app as long as it works fine for me :) [but if you have good idea what can be included in next version you can write on this topic]
3. For this app is required \Storage Card\ folder.

App written in C# .NET 2.0, tested on HTC Topaz

Downloaded files are stored in \Storage Card\Downloads\
Rapidshare links are stored in \Storage Card\Downloads\files.txt (after edit via external editor, app have to be restarted)

I advise to disable GPRS connection (to avoid big bill in case of wifi disconnected) and to conect charger :)

http://www.multiupload.com/5VXCHSZZ81

Regrds,
Pawel

very good job done there pawel, open up your donation box mate ! you deserve a cherry ;)

konrado

Aug 12, 2009
Thank you for the excellent program. I apologize for my English. Not bad, it would be in the input line to copy-paste, and a great author, please do similar programs on letitbit.net and depositfiles.com. Many thanks in advance.

mr.First

Mar 22, 2009
Thanks for the good job! Could you make it possible to choose the directory path to save the file?

hsmcd

Feb 24, 2009
www.wmfreeware.net
Small little app but works like a champ!! Works just like rapidshare auto downloader (for those who don't know, just google it coz this is a really convenient software for those who use rapidshare often) but in windows phone version.

Nice job :D

elektro255

Oct 7, 2009
I decided to continue work on this application. So v0.2 you can download in first post.

Currently I'm working to support other One-Click-Hosters like hotfile, so check this thread time-to-time.

poodz

Jan 19, 2008
Search

Hey great idea, but yea writing the web address is a pain, copy n paste would be good, but how about incorporating search!!!

Maybe hook up to a few search sites, use their code, and then be able to click on it, which inputs the address into what you already have!

Just a thought lol

Poodz

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
The lack of copy and paste is the one thing that annoys me about an otherwise great application!

TheRealCod3r

Feb 3, 2010
Awesome! I really got impressed when I saw that somebody actually make a downloader for WM. :D I have a question though, does this work on non-touch devices? [i600, HTC S620/Excalibur]