• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] [UTILITY] [NONROOT] [6.0+] Assistant Shortcuts

Search This thread

Stjin

Nov 18, 2014
stjin.host
9j9nBiR_FZ2_FG0LprnTkk5H-MyB-03mMUKLOUH-evHwUIUf-UvYLdikbPMm7WcBeYSinr3VIIMcKLVPbyi-yYcY9qSCVV8eu7Mrnlg_l2pZYtX2TIsnf7INgd05wyZYGH2OjtZIcME=w1024-h500-no

Assistant Shortcuts

With Assistant Shortcuts, it's possible to adjust your assistant button on your phone to a command. You can, for example, view your notifications by calling your assistant.
This app makes it easy for people with disabilities to perform actions without reaching the top of the screen.
This app was developed in mind after OnePlus added the functionality of activating Google Assistant from the power button.

See here for a description:
Play store

See here for some more screenshots:
Play store

Downloads:
Play store
XDA Labs

Support:
Telegram group

Update for LG stock ROM users:
It looks like the dedicated Google Assistant button is forcing Google Assistant and is not compatible with my app.
You can however, long press the home button to use the shortcuts.

XDA:DevDB Information
Assistant Shortcuts, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Stjinchan

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-16

Created 2018-09-18
Last Updated 2019-02-09

Last edited:

lukjod

Aug 12, 2004
Warsaw
Hi, just installed Yours app on lg g7, set it as help application and grant accessibility permission and choose assistant shortcut.

Ni matter which I choose I always got screen thet google is not mine default application when hit the hardware button.

Can I help You to debug it . I got root on my device.Screenshot_2018-09-26-10-16-23.jpeg

Wysłane z mojego LM-G710 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Stjin

Nov 18, 2014
stjin.host
Hi, just installed Yours app on lg g7, set it as help application and grant accessibility permission and choose assistant shortcut.

Ni matter which I choose I always got screen thet google is not mine default application when hit the hardware button.

Can I help You to debug it . I got root on my device.View attachment 4605227

Heya,

Yeah, this is a known problem and someone else reported it to me as well.
I am currently finding out why this happens on LG devices.

Reactions: mauam

lukjod

Aug 12, 2004
Warsaw
Perfect, if can help in aby way,like testing or so You can relay on me
Thx

static7s

Aug 30, 2019
Does this not work using the Active Edge on a Google Pixel? If that's the case, can it be made to work with it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9j9nBiR_FZ2_FG0LprnTkk5H-MyB-03mMUKLOUH-evHwUIUf-UvYLdikbPMm7WcBeYSinr3VIIMcKLVPbyi-yYcY9qSCVV8eu7Mrnlg_l2pZYtX2TIsnf7INgd05wyZYGH2OjtZIcME=w1024-h500-no

Assistant Shortcuts

With Assistant Shortcuts, it's possible to adjust your assistant button on your phone to a command. You can, for example, view your notifications by calling your assistant.
    This app makes it easy for people with disabilities to perform actions without reaching the top of the screen.
    This app was developed in mind after OnePlus added the functionality of activating Google Assistant from the power button.

See here for a description:
    Play store

See here for some more screenshots:
    Play store

Downloads:
    Play store
    XDA Labs

Support:
    Telegram group

Update for LG stock ROM users:
    It looks like the dedicated Google Assistant button is forcing Google Assistant and is not compatible with my app.
    You can however, long press the home button to use the shortcuts.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Assistant Shortcuts, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Stjinchan

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-16

Created 2018-09-18
    Last Updated 2019-02-09

Can I help You to debug it . I got root on my device.View attachment 4605227

Heya,

Yeah, this is a known problem and someone else reported it to me as well.
    I am currently finding out why this happens on LG devices.