[APP][v1.0.1][10.13.13]KNOX Disabler - Easily disable KNOX notifications!

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Screenshot_2013-10-13-14-59-37_small.png
Screenshot_2013-10-13-15-00-52_small.png

This is a simple app that will disable KNOX notifications in the statusbar. KNOX notifications will remain disabled until you flash a new ROM.

Requirements:
* A rooted Samsung device

Supported Devices:
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3
* Samsung Galaxy S4 (on new software that has KNOX)
* Probably any other Samsung device that comes out/gets updated with KNOX

Changelog:
  • v1.0.1 - Removed enable option, please see why here
  • v1.0 - Initial release

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.knoxdisablerfree

Attachments

• KNOXDisablerFree_v1.0.apk
    261 KB · Views: 38,164
  • KNOXDisablerFree_v1.0.1.apk
    261.9 KB · Views: 140,374
Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Updated the app to v1.0.1 and I removed the ability to enable KNOX notifications (not that many people would want to anyway). I did this because I was testing my own app, toggling disable and enable a ton of times and when I rebooted next, the phone wouldn't boot. Now, my next reboot was caused by me issuing an "adb reboot nvflash" to make the phone backup it's EFS and it seemed successful. Since I can't identify if it was the adb command that caused it or the enable button that caused it, I'm doing this as a preventative measure for now.

When I enabled KNOX, it gave me a message telling me I should reboot as a security measure due to an app (something like that) and I assume it's because it knew an app turned off KNOX at some point. I ignored it, maybe that was the cause, I'm not sure. My phone is soft bricked at this point, and I tried everything - using the .pit file posted by Garwynn for the Sprint version in combination with a stock tar flash numerous times with and without the Nand Erase All option checked (I tried this based on this guide, obviously didn't use any of the Verizon files), data/cache wipes in recovery - nothing. Nothing will allow the phone to boot, it always comes up and says "Process system is not responding" and then reboots itself, Bootloader says the current binary is Samsung Official but system status is custom, Odin can't even change that.

While I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, I just don't want this to potentially happen to anyone else.

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
uhm, used it but wanted to have back the notifications, now I can't

Open terminal emulator, do this:

1) type "su" (lowercase, no quotes), hit Enter
2) Grant root access by hitting Allow
3) type "pm enable com.sec.knox.seandroid" (lowercase, no quotes), hit Enter

You will probably get a notification recommending that you reboot (it's KNOX that tells you this) and I would highly advise that you do that.

EDIT: You can also use v1.0 apk that is still in the first post, it does the same thing. It seems that the issue I had with my phone not rebooting was related to me doing an adb reboot nvbackup, but I want to confirm that when I get a new phone tomorrow before re-enabling the enable option in the app.

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
www.classic-flights.de.vu
rooted, but no root access

Didn't work for my rooted Note 3 (was first on stock ROM rooted with Chainfires CF-Autoroot, then I flashed the Knox-free prerooted Close-to-stock Rom).
I have SuperSU installed, some root applications do work, but I got a problem with LBE security master and with Paragon NTFS&HFS+ and similar apps like NTFSmount.
Hoping that I can get rid of these apps being stopped (or in case of LBE my Note 3 just freezes) with the Knox Disabler, I tried it, but though I allowed SuperSU to give permissions, I got the attached message.
I guess that the reason for all these issues is a similar one, but I have absolutely no idea what to do. Any help is highly appreciated.
(There is also this thread about it. Since I guess it is a related issue I'll post a link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46405351)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-16-13-32-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-16-13-32-32.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2,291
Last edited:

marcus70

Mar 10, 2011
Updated the app to v1.0.1 and I removed the ability to enable KNOX notifications (not that many people would want to anyway). I did this because I was testing my own app, toggling disable and enable a ton of times and when I rebooted next, the phone wouldn't boot. Now, my next reboot was caused by me issuing an "adb reboot nvflash" to make the phone backup it's EFS and it seemed successful. Since I can't identify if it was the adb command that caused it or the enable button that caused it, I'm doing this as a preventative measure for now.

When I enabled KNOX, it gave me a message telling me I should reboot as a security measure due to an app (something like that) and I assume it's because it knew an app turned off KNOX at some point. I ignored it, maybe that was the cause, I'm not sure. My phone is soft bricked at this point, and I tried everything - using the .pit file posted by Garwynn for the Sprint version in combination with a stock tar flash numerous times with and without the Nand Erase All option checked (I tried this based on this guide, obviously didn't use any of the Verizon files), data/cache wipes in recovery - nothing. Nothing will allow the phone to boot, it always comes up and says "Process system is not responding" and then reboots itself, Bootloader says the current binary is Samsung Official but system status is custom, Odin can't even change that.

While I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, I just don't want this to potentially happen to anyone else.

Hi do you have a solution yet as i faced the same situation as you...any help will be appreciated

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Didn't work for my rooted Note 3 (was first on stock ROM rooted with Chainfires CF-Autoroot, then I flashed the Knox-free prerooted Close-to-stock Rom).
I have SuperSU installed, some root applications do work, but I got a problem with LBE security master and with Paragon NTFS&HFS+ and similar apps like NTFSmount.
Hoping that I can get rid of these apps being stopped (or in case of LBE my Note 3 just freezes) with the Knox Disabler, I tried it, but though I allowed SuperSU to give permissions, I got the attached message.
I guess that the reason for all these issues is a similar one, but I have absolutely no idea what to do. Any help is highly appreciated.
(There is also this thread about it. Since I guess it is a related issue I'll post a link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46405351)

Hi,

I have the same problem then above, on the N9005 with X-Note v2 rom..

Paolo

Did you follow the suggestions the screen told you?

Hi do you have a solution yet as i faced the same situation as you...any help will be appreciated

Had to replace the phone, unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
www.classic-flights.de.vu
Did you follow the suggestions the screen told you?

@ -viperboy-: First of all many thanks for your work!
Which suggestions you're speaking about? I granted SuperSU root access for Knox Disabler, and double checked that in the SuperSU settings.
When I start Knox Disabler, I get a small message on the lower screen area, that Knox Disabler got Superuser permissions. Then it takes 2 or 3 seconds, and I get the "Root Access Fail!" message.

I did only try the Knox Disabler so far with the pre-rooted Knox-free "Stock"-Rom, not with original Stock Rom rooted with Chainfires AutoCF-Method. And with this Knox-free Rom I do NOT get any Knox-message, but the behaviour of some apps like LBE or Paragon NTFS&HFS+ is exactly the same as with the rooted original Rom. Just without the "Prevention Information" window.
Should I flash the stock rom again? I think then I have to root again, since Mobile Odin doesn't work so far on the Note 3?

Best regards!

pvezzoli

Nov 9, 2008
Lugano
Hi Viper,

I have installed Terminal emulator, I did what you say on the link before, but at the end is steel not working..

Paolo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-14-59-37_small.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-15-00-52_small.png

This is a simple app that will disable KNOX notifications in the statusbar. KNOX notifications will remain disabled until you flash a new ROM.

Requirements:
    * A rooted Samsung device

Supported Devices:
    * Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    * Samsung Galaxy S4 (on new software that has KNOX)
    * Probably any other Samsung device that comes out/gets updated with KNOX

Changelog:
    • v1.0.1 - Removed enable option, please see why here
    • v1.0 - Initial release

Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.knoxdisablerfree

uhm, used it but wanted to have back the notifications, now I can't

Open terminal emulator, do this:

1) type "su" (lowercase, no quotes), hit Enter
    2) Grant root access by hitting Allow
    3) type "pm enable com.sec.knox.seandroid" (lowercase, no quotes), hit Enter

You will probably get a notification recommending that you reboot (it's KNOX that tells you this) and I would highly advise that you do that.

EDIT: You can also use v1.0 apk that is still in the first post, it does the same thing. It seems that the issue I had with my phone not rebooting was related to me doing an adb reboot nvbackup, but I want to confirm that when I get a new phone tomorrow before re-enabling the enable option in the app.
    Play store link is dead.

SOON TO BE TWEAKED NOTE 3

It takes a few hours before it goes live in the Play Store, but I attached the apk to the first post.