[APP][v2.8][20/03]NiceLock - Good Lock 2020 Launcher [w/ Update Notifications]

Search This thread

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
HOW TO DOWNLOAD MODULES
For module downloads and updates please check out NiceLock Downloader Companion application for always up-to-date links. Or for manually downloading the modules you can also use

You can also email bluehorizonapps@gmail.com for details.

Due to Google Play Store policies, NiceLock can not download anything outside Play Store and I had to move any links in this thread

ANDROID 10 SUPPORT STATUS
NiceLock ->Swipe from left to open Hamburger Menu -> Android 10 and Module Status

l0LShkL.png

NICELOCK
Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?
  • This app is only an alternative to main Good Lock app for the regions that it is officially unavailable.
  • This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror or sammobile for module downloads.
  • As badlock app missing some modules, I decided to create this project as a quick alternative.
  • This app will be updated as Samsung adds new modules.

Screenshot
m6oY2Bq.png

Changelog
v 1.0
-Initial release.
v 2.0
-UI is redesigned with material look.
-If a module is not installed, app redirects you to galaxy store.
-A small non-intrusive banner ad is placed. Also an ad-free paid version is published.
v 2.2
-Improved app stability
-Added toast notification when trying to launch an app that is not yet installed.
-Possible fix for rare case of force close on S8 and Note 8 devices. Please use contact developer option in play store if you face any problems.

v 2.3.5
•Added a Night Mode toggle.
•Added an option to switch to 3-column-grid layout.
•Brand new icon special thanks to XDA Recognized Themer "supergrobi94".

v 2.4
4000+ Downloads! Thank you for your support!
•NiceLock now shows installation status of the modules.
•Added a menu button to open XDA forums support thread in browser or its app.
•Night mode is now fully AMOLED-Black.
•Fixed an issue where navbar remains white when switching to night mode.

v 2.5
7500+ Downloads!
•PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!
Starting from now, when a module update is available, NiceLock will show push notifications.
•Home screen shortcuts (Paid version only)
•Context menu on long press
Open module's app info page, Galaxy Store Page and copy name and version to clipboard.
•Alphabetical sort option
•Added GDPR consent dialog for ads for users in EU. Please report back if you have any problems with it.

v 2.7

Is there a better way to celebrate 40.000 downloads than a neat Material touch? Thank you for your huge support!
•Brand new, fresh Material UI.
•Arabic and Polish translations.
•Updated Play Store page.

Downloads

Available through play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3

Please consider ad-free donate version too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3Paid

Special Thanks
XDA Recognized Themer @supergrobi94 for making the icon and German translation
XDA User @ceccadroid for Italian translation.
XDA User @Conito11 for Spanish translation
XDA User @SupremoRei for Portuguese translation

Buy me a coffee:
Please consider a small donation if this app saved you some time.
BTC: bc1q4wu3mqap0sahkw3pm8n8fynej4lgyw2wk6yfzq
Or ad free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3Paid

XDA:DevDB Information
NiceLock - Good Lock 2019 Launcher for Pie [w/ Update Notifications], App for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
xantrk

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.8.26
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-20

Created 2019-04-28
Last Updated 2020-09-03

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190309-005552_NiceLock.jpg
    Screenshot_20190309-005552_NiceLock.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 231,445
Last edited:

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
NICELOCK

Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?

• This app is only an alternative to main Good Lock app for the regions that it is officially unavailable.
  • This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror, sammobile etc or use this mega folder: https://mega.nz/#F!7sslhAYD!4lLr__aLuJEk3_A1t8ggdw.
  • As badlock app missing some modules, I decided to create this project as a quick alternative.

Screenshot

View attachment 4718831

Changelog

v 1.0

-Initial release.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
You are welcome, hope it worked without problems?
Not a single issue. Thank you again. You've saved me a ton of headaches. Maybe work on it more and make it a bigger project that we can purchase or donate through. I don't mind either. I get free credit from Google rewards all the time and I can buy you a beer.

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
Just to clarify, when you say 'launcher', just a way to group them together? I've side installed the apps and used Activity Manager for the shortcuts, and placed them all in a common folder. Is this any different?

BTW, downloaded also other updates from apkmirror (ie. camera, and device care), but they won't install, anyone know why/how?

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
Just to clarify, when you say 'launcher', just a way to group them together? I've side installed the apps and used Activity Manager for the shortcuts, and placed them all in a common folder. Is this any different?

BTW, downloaded also other updates from apkmirror (ie. camera, and device care), but they won't install, anyone know why/how?

No difference at all. Basically it is an app with all the good lock shortcuts. About the other apps like camera, samsung restricts them. You may not be able to sideload s10 apk to even an s10 unless samsung wants it.

Last edited:

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
Not a single issue. Thank you again. You've saved me a ton of headaches. Maybe work on it more and make it a bigger project that we can purchase or donate through. I don't mind either. I get free credit from Google rewards all the time and I can buy you a beer.

Glad you liked it. Thank you for your kind words. I am not an advanced developer so I dont have a play store account to post it, and honestly do not know how to monetize the app. Just wanted to publish this as early as possible. Maybe if this continues, why not :)

sherpa25

Jun 13, 2011
Muntinlupa
No difference at all. Basically it is an app with all the good lock shortcuts. About the other apps like camera, samsung restricts them. You may not be able to sideload s10 apk to even an s10 unless samsung wants it.

Thanks.

How come I'm able to install the Good Lock apps w/ no problem, but not these other apps? Aren't the GL apps restricted?

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011

Same, but this is better as you have it in the app list or single app in the home screen (if you decide you want it). Activity manager creates shortcuts, but they all are on the home screen and can't be moved in the app drawer (so you will have an extra folder taking space for something you will not tweak/use 24/7). Sooo, this is far better overall and in the long run. Thanks for creating/coding it @xantrk !

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Thanks for your application. But I have a little problem with lockstar.

See the screenshot View attachment 4719081View attachment 4719083

Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk
This has nothing to do with the app posted here. This app is just a launch centre for all the good lock modules/different apps.

P.S. The app is great. My advice can only be to work a little bit on the design of the icon/in the app - round shapes would be great as it will follow the general samsung UI feel. Not a biggie and just if you wan't to put some time into it.

Last edited:

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
Same, but this is better as you have it in the app list or single app in the home screen (if you decide you want it). Activity manager creates shortcuts, but they all are on the home screen and can't be moved in the app drawer (so you will have an extra folder taking space for something you will not tweak/use 24/7). Sooo, this is far better overall and in the long run. Thanks for creating/coding it @xantrk !

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

This has nothing to do with the app posted here. This app is just a launch centre for all the good lock modules/different apps.

P.S. The app is great. My advice can only be to work a little bit on the design of the icon/in the app - round shapes would be great as it will follow the general samsung UI feel. Not a biggie and just if you wan't to put some time into it.

Already preparing a new version with material design and considering playstore. Should be done in a couple days :)

zouhaier1

Jun 30, 2010
sousse
Can't download the apk.can some1 upload to mega.
Problem solved
Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011

Hi again,
I have updated the app with a new look and now it is in the play store. Maybe you want to check it out :fingers-crossed:

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Hell yeah, give me a link, please. I couldn't find it with the name "nicelock". Did you name it differently?

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Found it in op lol. There is no purchase or donation option in the app at all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod translation: To my application

Greetings, and welcome to XDA. As a friendly FYI, you stand a much better chance of having your questions answered in a timely manner by simply abiding by XDA Rule #4:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ , https://www.babelfish.com/ or https://fanyi.baidu.com/#auto/en or use one of your choice.

Which is why I have translated your post.
    Your cooperation is appreciated and expected. Thank you, and have a great day.

-Regards: Badger50
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD MODULES
    For module downloads and updates please check out NiceLock Downloader Companion application for always up-to-date links. Or for manually downloading the modules you can also use

You can also email bluehorizonapps@gmail.com for details.

Due to Google Play Store policies, NiceLock can not download anything outside Play Store and I had to move any links in this thread

ANDROID 10 SUPPORT STATUS
    NiceLock ->Swipe from left to open Hamburger Menu -> Android 10 and Module Status

l0LShkL.png

NICELOCK
    Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?
    • This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror or sammobile for module downloads.

Screenshot
    m6oY2Bq.png

Changelog
    v 1.0
    -Initial release.
    v 2.0
    -UI is redesigned with material look.
    -If a module is not installed, app redirects you to galaxy store.
    -A small non-intrusive banner ad is placed. Also an ad-free paid version is published.
    v 2.2
    -Improved app stability
    -Added toast notification when trying to launch an app that is not yet installed.
    -Possible fix for rare case of force close on S8 and Note 8 devices. Please use contact developer option in play store if you face any problems.

v 2.3.5
    •Added a Night Mode toggle.
    •Added an option to switch to 3-column-grid layout.
    •Brand new icon special thanks to XDA Recognized Themer "supergrobi94".

v 2.4
    4000+ Downloads! Thank you for your support!
    •NiceLock now shows installation status of the modules.
    •Added a menu button to open XDA forums support thread in browser or its app.
    •Night mode is now fully AMOLED-Black.
    •Fixed an issue where navbar remains white when switching to night mode.

v 2.5
    7500+ Downloads!
    •PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!
    Starting from now, when a module update is available, NiceLock will show push notifications.
    •Home screen shortcuts (Paid version only)
    •Context menu on long press
    Open module's app info page, Galaxy Store Page and copy name and version to clipboard.
    •Alphabetical sort option
    •Added GDPR consent dialog for ads for users in EU. Please report back if you have any problems with it.

v 2.7

Is there a better way to celebrate 40.000 downloads than a neat Material touch? Thank you for your huge support!
    •Brand new, fresh Material UI.
    •Arabic and Polish translations.
    •Updated Play Store page.

Downloads

Available through play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3

Please consider ad-free donate version too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3Paid

Special Thanks
    XDA Recognized Themer @supergrobi94 for making the icon and German translation
    XDA User @ceccadroid for Italian translation.
    XDA User @Conito11 for Spanish translation
    XDA User @SupremoRei for Portuguese translation

Buy me a coffee:
    Please consider a small donation if this app saved you some time.
    BTC: bc1q4wu3mqap0sahkw3pm8n8fynej4lgyw2wk6yfzq
    Or ad free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluehorizonapps.nicelock3Paid

XDA:DevDB Information
    NiceLock - Good Lock 2019 Launcher for Pie [w/ Update Notifications], App for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    xantrk

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.8.26
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-20

Created 2019-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-09-03
    OneUI Update is Live for Beta users!

Just uploaded 2.7.01 update with OneUI look to Play Store beta channel!
    Any feedback is greatly appreciated as the layout completely rewritten. I would appreciate a quick "Everything OK" through Google Play Store beta feedback or here a lot.

Here is a quick sneak peak to new UI with upcoming Play Store listing media: logo-free.png
    Hi everyone,

I have been quite busy since the last month, after moving to another city, now I'm in another country for work. I tried to manage updating the DB and handle notifications as soon as possible to release. Hope you are happy with the situation.

NiceLock has gone faaaar beyond what I expected. I just wanted to thank you all for the support. I'll continue to do my best to improve things, and implement your suggestions. Please let me know when you have any.

BTW, Yesterday, there was an update on NiceShot, which essentially removes all of its features, saying they are included in the OS (they are talking about android 10). So please, do not update to that version and I will ignore that one on the DB.

Hope all of you have a nice week, may the force be with you.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    NICELOCK

Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?

• This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror, sammobile etc or use this mega folder: https://mega.nz/#F!7sslhAYD!4lLr__aLuJEk3_A1t8ggdw.

Screenshot

View attachment 4718831

Changelog

v 1.0

-Initial release.

Thank you.

New build is going live to beta, will rollout to stable tomorrow if no issues faced. Fingers crossed for NotiStar which is expected on monday.

•Changelogs for module updates (Navigation Drawer/Changelogs)
    •New, smooth transition animations
    •Fixed typo in "Edge Lighting+"
    •Russian translation