[APP] [v2] PEN Window Manager - Easily Enable Apps for PEN Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Hello Friends,

Just thought I will share a very simple app I made to enable or add additional apps for Samsung's Galaxy Note series with PEN WINDOW feature like the Galaxy Note 3. For those who are willing to try, please do and would appreciate feedback. I have not tested it on a Note 3 device yet because I don't have a Note 3 so please test and let me know. Thank You.

PEN Window Manager: version 2 PLAY STORE LINK

Changelog: 22 October 2013
* removed busybox dependency
* added ability to disable default apps
* more error checking
* ability to open Pen WIndow drawer without using the Spen [Only with the PEN Window Launcher addon/plugin]

First, make sure you are rooted with busybox installed.
Second, make a backup.
Third, just download below and install as nornal.
Or download from the PLAY STORE.
*** Please uninstall version 1 if currently using because of signature conflict with version 2. I have to change signature for app to meet Play Store requirements.

Fouth, run the app and enable superuser/root permissions. (it needs permission to save changes)
Finally, just tick the apps you want and don't forget to press the save button. A soft reboot maybe required for the changes to take effect.

NOTE: If you have previously edited others.xml or features.xml, you may have introduced some errors to the xml file layout which would prevent this app from properly functioning. Editing the said xml files manually is not advisable due to human error of breaking the xml structure by accident. If this app does not work after previously manually editing the said xml files, then I suggest you restore the original unedited xml files.

For those who don't seem to have a /system/csc folder and either others.xml or features.xml files in said folder, then you may want to try a custom rom that includes it but if you want to try, you can create the csc folder and procure a copy of others.xml or features.xml and put it inside the csc folder.

Have FUN!​

attachment.php

BIG THANKS to @soloilmeglio for the TIP.

Warning:
Use this at your own risk and am not responsible for any damage that may arise.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Attachments

• PenWindowManager_v1.apk
    225.1 KB · Views: 29,516
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-29-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-29-03.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 13,406
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-31.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 128,718
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-59.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 12,614
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-21-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-21-37.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12,368
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-24-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-24-32.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 14,739
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-23-48.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 12,435
  • Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-26-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-22-26-24.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 12,739
  • PenWindowManager_v2.apk
    238.2 KB · Views: 18,638
Last edited:

NGP

Oct 25, 2007
msk
Хperiacle you are the best!!!! :good: Thanks for great app. It works fine on my N900.

gupta_arth

Jul 26, 2012
Didn't work for me either. Is it because I have edited the others.xml file previously?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HughesNet

Apr 3, 2013
Worked great for me on a T-Mobile Note 3 running Jovy's Deodexed Stock ROM. I have not made any edits to those files previously.

RASTANIUS

Oct 24, 2011
VI
WORKS FANTASTIC :good::good::good:

Just twiddeled with editing the "others.xml" for several hours , but can´t get it run - and now found your APP !

THX to SOLOILMEGLIO for the idea and to YOU for APP !

Where´s your DON-Button :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends,

Just thought I will share a very simple app I made to enable or add additional apps for Samsung's Galaxy Note series with PEN WINDOW feature like the Galaxy Note 3. For those who are willing to try, please do and would appreciate feedback. I have not tested it on a Note 3 device yet because I don't have a Note 3 so please test and let me know. Thank You.

PEN Window Manager: version 2 PLAY STORE LINK

Changelog: 22 October 2013
    * added ability to disable default apps
    * more error checking
    * ability to open Pen WIndow drawer without using the Spen [Only with the PEN Window Launcher addon/plugin]

First, make sure you are rooted with busybox installed.
    Second, make a backup.
    Third, just download below and install as nornal.
    Or download from the PLAY STORE.
    *** Please uninstall version 1 if currently using because of signature conflict with version 2. I have to change signature for app to meet Play Store requirements.

Fouth, run the app and enable superuser/root permissions. (it needs permission to save changes)
    Finally, just tick the apps you want and don't forget to press the save button. A soft reboot maybe required for the changes to take effect.

NOTE: If you have previously edited others.xml or features.xml, you may have introduced some errors to the xml file layout which would prevent this app from properly functioning. Editing the said xml files manually is not advisable due to human error of breaking the xml structure by accident. If this app does not work after previously manually editing the said xml files, then I suggest you restore the original unedited xml files.

For those who don't seem to have a /system/csc folder and either others.xml or features.xml files in said folder, then you may want to try a custom rom that includes it but if you want to try, you can create the csc folder and procure a copy of others.xml or features.xml and put it inside the csc folder.

Have FUN!​

attachment.php

BIG THANKS to @soloilmeglio for the TIP.

Warning:
    Use this at your own risk and am not responsible for any damage that may arise.

************************************************************************************************************************************
    Pen Window Manager v2

I have listed the Pen Window Manager v2 on the Play Store. LINK

Changelog:
    * ability to disable default pen apps
    * added more error checking

Please check out the Pen Window Launcher addon - as it enables you to open the Pen Window drawer without using the Spen. I've got to be honest with you, as much as I would like it to be free like the Pen Window Manager, I currently can not afford the Note 3 so this addon is just a way for me to raise funds to be able to afford such an expensive device. If you like the Pen Window Manager and my work, please support further development by buying the Pen Window Launcher addon. Think of it as a donation. THanks.

Pen Window Launcher addon - Play Store LINK
    Anyway, great work. Hopefully you will release the AirCommand launcher as well and will work on S4 :) Hpefully NOTE8 will get 4.3. soon.

After more than a month of tinkering, I finally discovered how to launch Air Command without using the spen. Development is still in progress.

Here is a Youtube Video link for an early preview of the app/mod/hack. Coming soon? :D
    I have a Note 3 N9005 running stock Android 4.4.2 and I've been using this app for a while now
    From the comments I understand that this app does not work with lollipop so I want to know If you have any future plans to update the app so that it supports the newest operating system :)
    There is new app by xperiacle for lollipop as it's called MultiWindow Commander [ROOT]. Tho it hasn't been released in xda, search in Google play you would find it.
    Now my FlashBarService kept force close. When I want to open multiwindow via pen window.

Previous it work fine, anyway to fix this?

Sidebar multiwindow work well here.

Multiwindow and Pen Window share the same code base so if you might have installed some mods that affect multiwindow, that may give a problem with Pen Window as well. Another is if you are using the Xposed Multiwindow Manager (phone), that module hooks into the methods of multiwindow code (which is also being used by Pen Window) and modifies how it works in some way (I am not sure how). So to test, try disabling the Xposed Multiwindow Manager module, reboot and try opening apps in Pen Window.

Rooted 4,3 MJ7 on S4 - works fine after adding some needed files from NOTE 3. I only did not managed yet on my S4 to be able to launch the drawer via some button combo - long press back or home. (tried more Xposed modules)

Xperiacle please consider this option into your app. I mean i want to have clear notification panel and no floating icon to launch on screen

Anyway, great work. Hopefully you will release the AirCommand launcher as well and will work on S4 Hpefully NOTE8 will get 4.3. soon.

It is great that Pen Window works on S4 as well with some file porting/modding I suppose.
    It may not be possible to invoke aircommand thru a third-party app because of permission issues but I think it is possible thru Xposed because I can hook into the right file and invoke it when requires. I am not sure though and I can't test until I get a Note 3 to test.
    You can get rid of the notification in the app settings. Just choose Open Pen Window directly option in Drawer Icon Action setting and disable outgoing notification option.