[APP] Vibration Notifier

j4velin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
Maybe you know this situation: Your phones lays on your desk, you're in the kitchen and you get called. You do not hear your ring and when you come back to your desk, you don't notice that you were called because your device has no notification LED (and you're not using NoLED)...

Therefore I made another small app, called "Vibration Notifier" (name is not final) which does the following:

When you have a missed call or an unread SMS, the app keeps vibrating every X minutes for Y times or until you turn on the display of your device.​

It supports missed calls, SMS, GMail and any other app which puts a notification in the status bar once a new event occurs (like WhatsApp, Google Voice, etc.)

I think the attached screenshot describe the intention of the app pretty good :)

App is now available throught the Android Market: Vibration Notifier

Current beta release: ---

XDA:DevDB Information
Vibration Notifier, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
Last Updated 2014-11-06

Attachments

Last edited:

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
i also might have found a way to get some gmail notifications. i'm not yet sure if i have broken something now because i had to change some stuff, but it seems to work so far :)

Reactions: Rarshker

brunes

Dec 9, 2006
This is a great idea for an app. I'll install it once it's in the market!

Also to people talking about battery use, vibrating uses hardly any battery at all. It is not going to be noticeable.

I have a tasker task that does something somewhat simmilar... when my battery level drops below 15%, my phone starts vibrating once every minute. It's a subtle "charge me!!!" hint.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I think this is a great idea even for the people that have LEDs like me. However, I don't think the limitation to calls, sms and gmail is a good idea. You should find a way of making all the notifications vibrate every x minutes or adding a lot more to your app. For example Whatsapp (I installed your app today but noticed it was only for certain notifications so uninstalled it :( ) and let's say Twitter, Facebook... all this stuff.

Looking forward to a more complete version of this!! :)

brunes

Dec 9, 2006
I think this is a great idea even for the people that have LEDs like me. However, I don't think the limitation to calls, sms and gmail is a good idea. You should find a way of making all the notifications vibrate every x minutes or adding a lot more to your app. For example Whatsapp (I installed your app today but noticed it was only for certain notifications so uninstalled it :( ) and let's say Twitter, Facebook... all this stuff.

Looking forward to a more complete version of this!! :)
You can do this with Tasker if you want. Actually i just made it :)

Last edited:

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Nice one the thing I miss most on my Samsung is the notification light from most my previous phones. Will give this a go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
sounds like a good idea to me, but i wont install it as long as there are no "silent hours" to set in the settings or an option to enable/disable this using tasker as i dont want to have my phone vibrating on my nightdesk when sleeping ;-)

so see this as a feature request...

j4velin

Sep 29, 2008
j4velin.de
just uploaded a new version to the first post, can the SGS2 user test this version? thanks :)

i've put a "silent hour" option on the todo list

Pumbi

Jul 16, 2008
just uploaded a new version to the first post, can the SGS2 user test this version? thanks :)

i've put a "silent hour" option on the todo list
My Samsung Galaxy S2 vibrates fine now =) but if I set it to 2 minutes, it takes four minutes pause between the vibrations :rolleyes:

The is one of the best app ever ! THX !

W

WiredPirate

Works great on my Atrix! Thanks! I have the LED but find the app useful in case my phone is in my pocket and I dont hear/feel it the first time. :)

Last edited:

recycleHTC

Feb 8, 2009
Great app, but 1 minute set is just under 3 minutes realtime. I seen you uploaded a new version, I got the previous one. It's running on a motorola Defy with 2.2.

Your notification toggles app is a winner too!