[App]VolumeWarning,Private DNS Whitelist, Headup Notifications and BlackNavigationbar

inteks

Oct 14, 2006
I have built a mini app to stop most annoying things in my "not yet" rooted Galaxy S9+ :)

!!YOU DONT NEED ROOT BUT YOU HAVE TO GRANT PERMISSION VIA ADB SHELL !!

you need a working adb shell. the app creates a windows batchfile to grant the needed permissions. (thisPC->Phone->_samtweaks->GrantPermissions.bat)

once permission granted the app can enable reverse protrait oriantation ( i.e. needed if you like to charge you phone in cars cup holder with usb port on top)

disable the Max Volume Warning (if checked it come up once and then never again)

and set Navbar Color to Black...

maybe more in future ;)

ok. i put it on playstore much easier to update ;o)

updated:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4982731&d=1585652129
made a version for android 10. and added launch and download buttons for samsungs goodlook apps.
i.e. in QuickStar you can set Clocl position

update SamTweakPie20191021.zip;
-added statusbar clockposition (left/middle/right)
-added "hideAlarmclock" option

update samTweakPie.beta:
new Version for Android Pie. remove all options that doesent work anymore with Pie. fix for High Volume Warning. Added a Whitelist for PrivateDNS (because i had problems with amazon app while PrivateDNS is active)
be aware! SamtweakPie need UsageStatistic Permission,AccessibilityInfo Permission, and (as before) WriteSystemsettings Permission (adb.batchfile) for this all ;o)

update v1.09:
added enable/disable Headup Notification

update v1.07:
with new app-id back in playstore.... but you have to uninstall the old version.

update v1.06:
fixed the bug where samtweaks re-enable autorotation

update v1.05:
fixed the max brightness warning
** MAYBE YOU HAVE TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL SAMTWEAK **
samsung moved the property fom Settings.Global to Settings System.... BUT with API level 23 samtweak is not allowd to write Systemsettings. So i had to lower the Apilevel from 23 to 22 , sorry... ;o)

update v1.04:
-fix for 4 row quicksettings return to 3 rows...
-edittext to set a custom navbar color in ARGB Format (i.e. FF00FF00)

update v1.03:
-added immersiv control and 4 rows of quicksettings tiles

found a small bug. update v1.02is here ->
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.inteks.samtweak2

update v1.01:
-added "Disable Max brightness Warning"

have fun
inteks

Attachments

Last edited:

room511

Apr 23, 2013
Got it working.
Had to toggle the switches on and off after adb.
Using it on my S9+ Snapdragon

Last edited:

MrJiM

Nov 19, 2008
Göteborg
Hmm can't get black bar to work. The reverse portrait works. Disable volume warning works also. I must have done correctly with grant permission if reverse portrait and volume warning works?

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

If I'm permitted to ask for a feature. Could you possibly add silent camera shutter option?

Last edited:

meyerweb

Jun 19, 2010
Hmm can't get black bar to work. The reverse portrait works. Disable volume warning works also. I must have done correctly with grant permission if reverse portrait and volume warning works?
Same here. Navbar color has a mind of it's own. Sprint locked Snapdragon version, if that makes any difference.

Dante897

Feb 24, 2013
Thessaloniki
Thank you for this, I wanted all of these features, especially the black nav bar and I couldn''t force it otherwise and the upside down feature will help a lot now that summer is coming and I use a USB powered fan from the charging port!

inteks

Oct 14, 2006
Same here. Navbar color has a mind of it's own. Sprint locked Snapdragon version, if that makes any difference.
The navbar isnt allways black. Only where it white/grey... on homescreen it stays transparent

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

inteks

Oct 14, 2006
Very useful... thanks. Would it be possible to add options to remove the battery full and service provider from the notification bar.
Is there something like this for the 'brightness' warning?
Maybe ... We have to check if there is a secure system setting that is responible for this. Then we can change the setting.

In adb shell you can execute:
Settings list system
Settings list global
And
Settings list secure

You can also set this settings with the put command. Check the link a few posts above for details.

Last edited: